Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ What Naruto Wants ❯ Just One Sniff ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Jiminy Cricket! It's been nearly a year since I last updated! That's just shameful! I apologize to any of my previous readers who are reading this now. I swear it wasn't intentional! I'm just… well, me. Sorry!
 
Naruto was not, is not, and will never be mine. I cry now.
 
/Word/ = Someone else's thoughts
 
Italics = Naruto's thoughts
 
.Chapter 8……
 
When he opened his eyes Naruto yawned and grinned. Then he remembered. Then he stopped grinning. Why'd I have to wake up…?
 
It was a new day. The young ninja wasn't exactly prepared to face it, but at least there was a chance that he could finally end his nightmare. If Tsunade had figured out a way, that is… Oh well. He sat up in his bed and took a deep breath. I've had worse things to look forward to before.
 
The blonde got out of bed and dressed himself. He didn't waste any time getting ready. He wanted to see Tsunade as soon as possible. He only hoped she had managed to find some way to fix his brain. He just couldn't handle knowing what everyone was thinking. Not with what they all had on their minds… Even if it meant sacrificing a potentially useful skill, he didn't care. I'm a great ninja anyway! I don't need a skill like that to become hokage!
 
Since his door was completely blocked off, Naruto opted for his bedroom window, hopping out with ease. It was still a little early, but he knew he wouldn't be able to wait before talking to the Fifth again, even if he was risking her wrath.
 
. . .
 
“Why the hell are you here so early!?”
 
“Why do you think, you old hag??”
 
The busty blonde sent Naruto flying across the room into a wall. “What was that, brat!?”
 
The energetic youth popped back up, a nasty bump swelling on his head. “What's wrong with you? You told me to sleep on it, right? I did, so I came back to tell you that I want you to fix this!” He pointed at his own head.
 
“I also said I'd contact you,” He crossed her arms irritably. “Do you really think I could have thought up a cure in one night? I may be a genius but I'm not a miracle worker!”
 
“Well, what am I supposed to do until you do??” The boy threw his arms in the air. “I can't go out like this! I can't go on missions, either. I can't even talk to my friends because now I know they're all freaks!”
 
“Well, that's not my problem, is it? Just suck it up until I figure something out, okay?” She relaxed. “In the meantime, just lay low and read a book or something. I'll inform Kakashi that you won't be participating in any missions for the next few days.”
 
Days??”
 
She shrugged. “There's not much else I can do.”
 
Naruto sighed, accepting the fact that he would have to deal with his problem a little longer. “Well, I guess a few days are better than forever..”
 
Tsunade visibly softened. “Don't worry. I know I'll find something if I go through all my old books and scrolls.” She smiled. “Why don't you take advantage of your skill while you still can? I'm sure there's someone who's mind you'd like to read, hmm?”
 
Suddenly, the boy remembered. “Gaara! Is he still in Konoha?”
 
“What?” Tsunade blinked. “So you knew he was here, huh?”
 
“Yeah, he didn't leave yet, did he?” Excitement was beginning to show in his face.
 
“I really don't think he's the kind of person you want to see the inner workings of, kid… That boy's a little… unique.”
 
“He is still here, isn't he? Do you know where he is?”
 
The older woman sighed. “If you want to talk to him, find him yourself.” She began shooing the boy out. “Now get lost. If you want me to help you, stop bugging me.”
 
“H-hey! Tell me where he is!” His struggling didn't make much of a difference against Tsunade's strength as she pushed him out the door.
 
“Bye!” She slammed the door shut before any more protests could be uttered.
 
“Dammit! Now I have to look for him…” He imagined all the other people he could possibly run into and shuddered. Oh god…
 
……
 
“Hey, have you seen Naruto lately?”
 
The three team eight ninjas walked together toward Konoha. They had just finished a mission and had already parted ways with Kurenai. They had been lucky today, since they were able to complete their task quickly and easily, giving them the rest of the day off.
 
“I hear he's lost it,” Kiba added with a grin.
 
Hinata glanced to one side. “I saw him… He seemed strange.”
 
Shino continued to walk in silence.
 
“The word is he got struck by lightening and went insane,” Kiba scratched behind his ear absent-mindedly. “I bet the electricity scrambled his brain…”
 
“Kiba-kun!” The violet eyed girl scolded. “Don't say that about Naruto-kun!”
 
“I'll say whatever I want about whoever I want!”
 
“Kiba-kun…”
 
Shino stopped walking and turned his head. “Over there…”
 
The other two looked in the direction Shino indicated. Naruto was running in the direction of the woods. He seemed a bit frantic.
 
“Heh, speak of the devil…” Kiba raised a hand to his mouth and yelled. “Oi, Naruto!!”
 
The blonde heard the call and spotted the three of them. He stared for a moment then took off in the opposite direction.
 
“Hey!!” The fanged boy didn't look happy. “Who does he think he is!?” Without a second thought, he chased after the blonde.
 
“Wait, Kiba-kun!” Hinata followed after him.
 
Shino stood still and watched his friends run off. After a moment, he began to walk after them, stopping here and there to talk to the butterflies. ((Hee.))
 
Naruto ran as fast as he could, praying that he could make it into the forest without being caught. If I can get to the trees I might be able to hide somewhere… He could hear Kiba catching up and Hinata wasn't too far behind him. Before the blonde could think up some sort of plan, he heard a bark. Akamaru leapt out from nowhere, knocking the fox boy to the ground. The puppy stood on his chest and yipped triumphantly.
 
“Dammit…” Naruto knocked the canine off of him and sat up.
 
Kiba stopped running a few feat away and laughed. “Good job, Akamaru!” He reached his arms out and his furry friend leapt into them happily. “You're as pathetic as ever, Uzumaki!” /Yeah, I'd definitely beat you in a re-match…/
 
“Na… Naruto-kun… Are you okay?” Hinata peeked from behind her team mate. /Should I help him up..? Oh god, but then I'd be touching his hand! I'd faint!/
 
“I'm fine,” Naruto stood up and brushed the dirt from his pants. “But I'm in a hurry, b-“
 
Kiba grabbed the collar of the boy's orange coat before he could run off again. “Don't rush, twerp. We want to talk to you.” The expression on the dark haired boy's face didn't make you think he wanted to talk about flowers and kittens.
 
The blonde tore the offending hand from his jacket and scowled. “What the hell do you want?”
 
He smirked and crossed his arms. “Everyone says you're a nut case now, and I wanted to see if it was true.” /Come on, say something crazy so I can laugh at you!/
 
“Kiba-kun!” /He didn't have to say it like that.../
 
“What, I'm doing him a favor by letting him know what everyone's thinking.”
 
Naruto almost burst into hysterical laughter. “You think that's what everyone's thinking?” He chuckled. “If you knew what people were really thinking, you'd vomit.”
 
“…What?” Kiba stared at him. “You really have lost it.” /Ha! I knew it!/
 
“Kiba-kun…”Hinata stepped forward shyly. “I'm sorry.. Naruto-kun. H-he's just kidding…” /Why does Kiba have to be so mean to Naruto…?/
 
She's sticking up for me? “Hinata…”
 
/I should punish him for being such a naughty puppy! Only his mistress should talk down to Naruto!/
 
Naruto took a step back, his face paling.
 
/I should put you on a leash and beat you, puppy! I'll make you lick my boots while Naruto watches in ecstasy!/
 
“What the hell, don't apologize, Hinata!” /Dammit, why does she have to be so cute and innocent?/ “It's not my fault he's crazy!”
 
“I… I'm sorry.”
 
Kiba looked away. “Why are you saying sorry?” /I bet she smells really good./
 
The whiskered ninja decided to make a run for it while they were distracted. He turned to run and nearly went straight into Shino who had suddenly appeared behind him.
 
“Gah! Where did you come from??”
 
“. . .” Shino stared down at the boy. /He looks really good today…/
 
Gulping, the blonde tried to go around him. Just ignore it…
 
“Hey, Shino! Don't let him sneak off!” /I'm not done with him yet!/
 
“Why?” /I wonder what shampoo Naruto uses. His hair always looks so soft and shiny. I wish my hair looked that nice…/
 
“Because I want to see how crazy he is.” /I'll prove to Hinata that I'm way better than that punk!/
 
“. . .” /Oh no! I forgot to use my skin cream last night! I bet my complexion looks terrible!/
 
“Just leave me alone!” Naruto tried to run, but Shino kept getting in his way.
 
/He smells nice. I hope I smell that good… Oh god, what if I stink? I don't want Naruto to think I smell bad!/
 
“Come on, Hinata! Help us get him!” Kiba motioned to the girl. /Just one sniff…/
 
“Kiba-kun, w-wait…!” /You must really want a spanking, puppy!/
 
The boy couldn't take it anymore. “Just… LEAVE ME ALONE!!!” He disappeared in a cloud of smoke. When it cleared, team eight found themselves surrounded in Naruto clones.
 
“What the-“ Kiba was punched by a clone before he could finish.
 
During the confusion, Naruto ran as fast as he could into the woods. I gotta get as far away from them as I possibly can! If I stay here any longer who knows what those freaks will do!?
 
. . . . . .
 
Are you happy now? I finally wrote another chapter. I forgot how much writing this can be. I hope it's good enough for forgiveness. Is it? IS IT? Forgive me by reviewing! Or just curse my existence. Whichever you'd prefer.