Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ When Angels Deserve to Die ❯ Memories of the Past ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

When Angels Deserve to Die - Prologue

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the Naruto characters, all original characters are mine.

---------------

The strong stone wall crumbled, making it seem more weak and vulnerable than it really was, as three giant snakes slithered through it. People were screaming, children were running everywhere, stray youngsters were swept up in the giant snake's mouth. Only three people were standing still.

-----

In times of grave danger, the earth would need more help than any of its forces could provide.

-----

The woman looked skyward, her face set; her mouth in a straight line. One glance back at her husband was enough to inform him of what she was going to do. A small girl held onto her hand. Black hair surrounded terrified dark green eyes, and her small pale hand was clutched tightly to her mother's hand.

"Kitty, honey, go with Daddy." The woman said weakly, bending down and gently pushing the girl towards her father.

"Mama!" the girl cried in protest, but she was only two, after all, and her parents easily overpowered her decisions, no matter how intelligent they were.

-----

Forces out of the earth's control were summoned to defend the villages.

-----

The woman looked down and smiled sadly at her daughter. Turning her head skywards, her eyes glazed over, and her necklace emitted a white glow. No one seemed to notice her state, they were all so selfish in their need to preserve their own lives.

-----

The Takani clan was bonded to them; the unknown forces, regardless of their notice or will of it.

-----

An invisible wind bolted around the woman, lifting her up. To everyone else, it was just another victim of the snake. To the small girl and her father, it was a significant change in their lives, and the lives of their unborn descendants.

-----

Unknown to them, everyone would know about this, and it would be marked as a significant event in history.

-----

The man covered the small child's eyes, shielding her with his body. Within seconds his shirt was soaked with salty tears of the little one, as she realized what was happening. Deep inside her soul she knew, and she knew that this moment would change everything.

As the woman ascended into the heavens, a bright light erupted, and she was gone, with the giant snakes. The people finally stopped and craned their necks skyward, hoping to catch a glance of this inhuman phenomenon. The man's usually stoic face was teary, and one last word escaped his lips.

"Haru.."

---------------

AN: Yay! The sequel is FINALLY up! I'm still on my vacation, but I'm still going to try to work on it. Enjoy, and thanks for reading. Please leave a review on your way out! ^-^