Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ When The Lilies Cry ❯ More Jealousy? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Naruto. If I did, the whole manga would be sickeningly fluffy little stories like these and nobody would read the damn thing.
A/N: This is the sequel to my story Of Kunai, Shuriken and Shinobi Love. It takes place a week after the first one ended. So back go and read the other one if you haven't yet. This is an order -.^
A/N: Apologies for the late update. What with the start of school and having my schedule all mixed up because apparently my best friend is a “bad influence”—I have math this semester now *sob*—and getting grounded, it's been a tad difficult ^.^
 
 
Naruto woke the next day to a singsong, ridiculously happy call from his front door of “NAAAAAAAAA-ru-TOOOOOOOO!” He groaned, sitting up. The tail of his black nightcap fell in his eyes and he brushed it out, blinking sleepily. The voice was familiar and female and far too happy for—he checked his clock—five-o-three in the morning.
The call came again, longer and more irritating this time: “NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-ru-TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WAKE UP!”
Yep; it was definitely a much-too-chipper, very-annoying-at-the-moment Sakura. “I'M AWAKE, I'M AWAKE!” he shouted to shut her up, tearing off the nightcap and hanging it on the post by his bed. Clearly she wouldn't leave him alone until she was sure he was up. He heaved a deep sigh and hauled himself off his hard little bed, grabbing frighteningly orange clothing hanging over one of the few chairs in his messy little apartment and headed for the shower.
Roughly fifteen minutes later he was sitting at the table in his tiny kitchen, eating cold cup ramen and juice—not milk. Unlike what Kakashi seemed to think, Naruto had learned his lesson last month about the whole drink-milk-from-my-fridge-and-suffer-horrific-diarrhoea thing. Now if he bought milk, he usually drank it within two days, to make sure he never again went through the whole drink-milk-from-my-fridge-and-suffer-horrific-diarrhoea thing.
Naruto tossed his cup in the trash and his glass in the sink—without breaking it, shockingly, but making a loud noise—and pulled on his shoes, the only things on his person that weren't a horrid shade of intense orange other than his T-shirt, headband and collar. He barrelled out of his door, nearly knocking over his landlady coming to chase his next-door neighbour's rent, and careened off down the hall with a loud, “Sorry!” aimed somewhere in her direction.
In his usual loud, rushed, annoying way, Naruto managed to get himself out of the building and to the bridge where he and Sakura and Sasuke met for training in less than three minutes—a new record—and knocking over only two people and getting screamed at by only nine—both also new records. He smiled at himself proudly, slowing to a walk and shoving his hands into the pockets of his hideously orange pants. His feet thudded onto the rough wood of the bridge, and he scanned the area with cobalt eyes, searching for his team mates. Oh, there they were, standing by each other on the bridge. Sakura's hair shone beautifully in the sunlight, her attention on Sasuke complete and not giving way to anyone else. Especially considering the fact they were currently making out very passionately.
Naruto stopped dead, with his mouth open and not flapping (for once). He stared at his two bestest friends snogging in the middle of public, in the middle of the bridge, where the met for training, no less!
He's kissing her. She's kissing him. Oh no, oh no, oh no! This cannot be happening! Sasuke, you bastard!
Slowly, slowly, the Kyuubi vessel turned and walked away.
 
“Hey,” Sakura said, pulling momentarily away. “Was that just Naruto?” “What?” Sasuke asked, turning. “I don't see him.” “I could have sworn he was just there,” she muttered. “Staring at us…” She blushed and cast a shy sideways glance at him. “Y'think he was?” “If he was he was intensely jealous,” Sasuke replied, turning his head to nuzzle her neck. “He knows what good a catch I've got.”
Sakura giggled and blushed. “You naughty ninja,” she chuckled, moving her lips under his. “He can't be jealous of you,” she murmured through his mouth. “I've got a much better catch!”