Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ White Knight? Ninja Actually ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Not mine.
I know it's been ages but I've lost interest in Naruto so it is hard to write.
 
Chapter 6
 
Kakashi watched as Akira paced around the room, the other ninja present avoiding him due to the killing intent he was radiating. From the way the younger nin was acting Kakashi knew that he knew what this mission was about. They all stood at attention as Tsunade entered the room, all but Akira who simply turned to stare at her.
 
“This is an S-rank rescue mission. The key members of a group known as the Watcher's Council have been taken by Orochimaru. They are to be rescued or terminated.” Tsunade actually flinched slightly as Akira's gaze hardened.
“Normally we wouldn't be risking this considering there is no client and we have no ties with the group. Akira?”
 
“One of the members is a witch powerful enough to end the world; she nearly did after her girlfriend was killed. A year later she activated every Slayer on the planet. The two senior Slayers are also among those captured plus the head of the Council who was once a powerful magic user himself. And there was a reason they called him Ripper back then. They also have Dawn, she... Orochimaru could use her to rip the barriers between realities apart and that is a very bad thing. He can't be allowed to use that group.” Akira explained and Kakashi could see how badly the younger man was struggling to remain professional. If his mission had been to the Hellmouth...he knew them all! Then why was Tsunade letting him go on the rescue?
 
“What's a Slayer?”
 
“A Slayer is a mystically chosen warrior. Gifted with strength, speed and the ability to sense demons. Plus some get prophetic dreams. Though a chuunin could beat one in due to our jutsu's. They were created to fight vampires and demons. When one dies the next is Called and they are called between the ages of fifteen and sixteen. Before Buffy the oldest lived lasted about a year. Buffy is my age now and Faith is only a few years younger. A being called the First Evil tried to end the world and so we did what we had to and now there are thousands of Slayers.”
 
“Orochimaru cannot be allowed to gain control of the Council.” Tsunade ordered and everyone nodded.
 
----------------------------------
“You okay?” Kakashi asked as he moved next to Akira.
 
“What do you think? I'm going to either rescue or kill people I fought beside for seven years and who think I'm a construction worker turned field Watcher who's now retired and off living in the Bahamas.” Akira answered tightly. They hadn't left Fire Country yet so it was safe to talk while they travelled.
 
“Can you do it?” Kakashi asked and Akira actually glared at him.
 
“Not the first time.” With that he sped up and Kakashi let him.
 
--------------------------------
Akira ran down the hallway, Kakashi at his back. The plan to infiltrate the base had lasted all of three seconds before someone had triggered an alarm so they had been forced to split up into pairs as they searched. Seeing cell doors ahead they slowed down to pear into the first. Kakashi started as he heard an actual growl come from Akira. Inside the cell was a young woman with long brown hair. She looked up at the sound of Xander's growl and swallowed but her expression was defiant.
 
“Relax Dawn-patrol.” Akira called and hazel eyes went wide. Kakashi simply started on the lock, not understanding what Akira had said.
 
“Xander?” She questioned voice hoarse.
 
“To the rescue as always.” They got the door open and Akira went over to her. Once the chains were released she collapsed in his arms and Kakashi watched as Akira comforted her for a few seconds.
“Are the others here?” Dawn nodded.
 
“I've heard them...” She trailed of and fought tears.
 
“You're very brave Dawnie. It's going to be okay.”
 
“You suck at lying.” She sniffled but straightened up, Summers resolve evident.
“Let's go get the annoying ones.” She stated and Akira laughed.
 
“After you my lady.”
 
“Um, Xander?”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“What are you wearing?” He flushed slightly and shifted uncomfortably.
 
“Long story. Dawn this is Kakashi, he's a friend. See anyone else wearing the same headband as us and they're part of the rescue team, okay?”
 
“Okay, but I expect a full explanation later mister.” Kakashi watched the two talk and could see that they were good friends and Akira was very protective of the girl. Given how old she looked she must have been a very young child when Akira met her. Kakashi had never had such a long term undercover mission and he was starting to realise how hard it must have been for Akira to leave like he did. He'd spent almost as much of his life with them as he had in Konoha and at an older age so those memories would be stronger. When Akira looked at him Kakashi nodded and they headed out, the girl protectively between them.
 
Akira froze as he stared inside the next cell, staring at the unconscious redhead chained more heavily than Dawn had been to the cell wall. He barely waited for the door to open before he was inside and tearing at the chains, Dawn quickly at his side.
 
“Willow? Come on wake up witchy-girl.” Akira called softly. He watched as Dawn frowned and ran her hands over Willow.
“Should I be asking what you're doing?”
 
“Just because I'm past my use by date doesn't mean it's not still in me. I've been learning how to use it. Something's keeping her out.” Was Dawn's answer. Akira nodded and finally got the chains off, easily lifting Willow into his arms. Kakashi would have to watch their backs since Dawn couldn't carry Willow, then again...
 
“Can you fight with it?” His answer was a Spike-like smirk. Maybe letting the vampire babysit her had been a bad idea.
 
TBC...