Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ White Knight? Ninja Actually ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Not mine.
 
Chapter 5
 
Akira watched his Aunt as she chewed out some hapless jounin who fled as soon as the opportunity presented itself. The only thing that kept him from laughing at the man was that he could very well be next. He stiffened as Tsunade's attention focused on him.
 
“Feel like talking to a brat?” He blinked, huh?
“The Uchiha brat, he's not responding to anyone. Apparently you two were corresponding before Sarutobi-sensei's death.”
 
“So you want me to talk to him. About what, the weather?”
 
“I was thinking more along anything he knows about Orochimaru's plans actually. Will you do it?”
 
“If my Hokage wishes me to.” He answered with a slightly cheeky smile. She snorted and smiled back at him.
 
“She wishes. Anbu will be there if you need them though I doubt you will.”
 
-------------------------
“I hear you're giving everyone the silent treatment. That's not very polite you know.” Sasuke forced himself to ignore the familiar voice as its owner entered his cell. He glared at Akira as the older man leant casually against the wall and simply stared. Two hours later Sasuke wanted to scream. Akira hadn't moved from his spot against the wall and was still staring at him.
 
“Go away.” He spat making Akira quirk an eyebrow.
 
“So you can still talk, thought maybe I'd imagined it when I caught you.”
 
“Go.” Sasuke snarled the word this time.
 
“No can do kid.” Akira shrugged.
 
“Why not, you've done it before.” Okay so that one hurt.
 
“So you're mad at me for leaving on a mission? I'm shinobi what do you expect?”
 
“You said you'd write.”
 
“And I did, I can't help it that your `boss' killed my grandfather, the man who raised me, and therefore left no one alive in Konoha who knew where to find my reports or how to contact me. I kept my word Sasuke.”
 
“Why didn't you come back then?” Sasuke was still glaring at him.
 
“Because I had a mission to complete and never any time to come home. I had legitimate reason for leaving Konoha, why did you leave?”
 
“Konoha is weak.” Sasuke said and watched as Akira blinked in apparent shock before bursting into laughter. The two Anbu stationed outside shot each other a look as his laughter was heard. Just what was Sandaime's grandson doing in there?
 
“Weak? What village trained the Sannin? Konoha. Which village has a Hokage that defeated a nine-tailed demon? Konoha. Who trained your brother? My grandfather was how old and yet your master still had to have help to defeat him. Konoha is far from weak Sasuke. If anyone here is weak it is you. Vengeance and hate have made you weak. You're not the boy I once knew and frankly you disgust me.” With that Akira was gone, leaving Sasuke to stare at the wall where he had been standing.
 
---------------------------
“Heard you talked to Sasuke today.” He looked up and smiled at Kakashi.
 
“More like lost my temper.” Akira admitted.
 
“At least you got him talking, that's more than anyone else can say.”
 
“Question is did he actually listen? That and the near hysterical laughter may have put him off.” Kakashi sat down beside him on the rooftop.
 
“I heard about that, why were you laughing?” Akira blushed ever so slightly in embarrassment.
 
“He called Konoha weak and I juts lost it. I mean hello, have you seen the shinobi we're famous for? So okay two are missing-nin and most of the others are dead but still.” Akira looked out over the village, smiling slightly at the thought of being able to finally stay permanently.
“What'll happen to him?” He finally asked.
 
“Depends. By rights he should be executed as a traitor but the council will never allow it.”
 
“The sharingan.” Kakashi nodded.
 
“If he freely tells all he knows and is genuinely repentant he could be put on probation before eventually being allowed to serve as an active shinobi again. Or he could be forced to live as a civilian if he's freed. He could simply be imprisoned for the rest of his life. There are a few options.”
 
“Do you think he regrets leaving?”
 
“Honestly? No.”
 
“Thought so. Stupid kid.”
 
“Come on it's getting late, don't you have a mission tomorrow?”
 
“Yeah.” Akira stood and brushed himself off.
 
“Tsunade-sama mentioned you might be entering the jounin exams this year. If you want someone to spar with for practise…” Kakashi trailed off a bit embarrassed but Akira grinned at him.
 
“Sure, that would be great.” Kakashi nodded and then headed for his own apartment while Akira dropped off the edge of the roof, landing softly on his balcony.
 
------------------------------------
He stared at the small envelope in shock. Xander Harris was a name he was honestly expecting to never hear or see again and yet there it was neatly adorning the front of the envelope he'd found on his kitchen counter. What was worse was he didn't recognise the writing, really he wouldn't have put it past Giles to find some way of getting messages to him without anyone knowing, Ripper could be rather sneaky when needed but it was definitely not the Watcher's writing. He checked it for anything harmful before opening it and reading the single piece of paper it contained. That explained why the writing was unfamiliar. Seconds later he was flying across the rooftops towards the Hokage's office, the letter crumpled in his hand.
 
--------------------------
Tsunade and Jiriaya looked up as someone simply ran straight past the Anbu guards and into the office.
 
“Aki what is it?” She waved the Anbu from the room and accepted the crushed paper he handed her.
“Someone worked out your cover.” She stated as she read it, ignoring the look the younger ninja shot her for that obvious statement.
“Normally I'd say I'm sorry but if the witch is a powerful as your reports suggest”
 
“Maybe more so.” Akira stated flatly.
“Go home and get some sleep. Report back here at nine, things will be organised then. Pack for a mission.” Akira managed a short bow before he left. Tsunade handed the letter over to her old teammate.
 
“So the kids cover has been blown post mission. Not like that's never happened before. Why are you sending a team?” She had forgotten she hadn't told Jiriaya everything Akira had been doing over the years.
 
“Because the most powerful witch on the planet, the head of the Watchers Council, the Key and the two oldest Slayers in Orochimaru's hands in not a good thing. Besides I'd rather not have to send people out after Akira because either way he won't leave them in Sounds hands. Imagine what Orochimaru can do with that groups power Jiriaya. One way or another that can not be allowed.”
 
TBC…