Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ White Knight? Ninja Actually ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Not mine.
 
Chapter 4
 
 
Naruto grinned, as Akira simply remained laying on the ground where he'd fallen.
 
“Does this mean I win?” He asked cheekily making Akira raise his head to glare half-heartedly. They'd been sparing for the past two hours and their clothing showed it. So did the training ground actually.
“Can we get ramen to celebrate?”
 
“Is that all you eat? You're going to turn into a giant noodle one day.” Akira grumbled as he got up and Naruto laughed. Naruto grabbed his hand and began dragging him towards the ramen stand.
“So where's the rest of your team today?”
 
“Kakashi-sensei has a mission and I don't know where Sakura-chan is.” He could hear the sadness in the teens voice at the last bit.
 
“Well she doesn't know what she's missing since dinner's my treat.” Naruto brightened instantly and began dragging him even harder, making Akira laugh. His thoughts went back to his own genin team and he frowned, they had done nearly everything together and had always known where the others were. So why didn't Naruto know where Sakura was? Now that he thought about it he'd never seen the girl with Naruto outside of training or missions.
 
---------------------------
“The jounin exams are coming up in three months.” Tsunade didn't look over at her nephew but she could feel him watching her.
 
“Soooo?”
 
“Aki you survived the Hellmouth, leading groups, following orders or working alone. All abilities a jounin needs.”
 
“You want me to test.”
 
“You've been a chuunin for nine years.”
 
“And some people spend their whole careers at my level. Why are you pushing this?” Akira caught her eye and simply stared at her. Tsunade sighed.
 
“We still haven't fully recovered from the invasion and the frequent skirmishes have cost us more people. We need as many skilled jounin as we can get.”
 
“And you think I'm jounin material.” His voice was filled with disbelief but she nodded.
 
“I know you are Akira.”
 
“No offence but you're crazy.” He rolled his eyes and went back to stargazing.
 
“No I'm not, you just don't want to admit I'm right.” She put a hand on his shoulder before standing.
“Think about it.” He nodded absently and she left him alone on his apartment buildings roof to think.
 
---------------------------------
Akira looked around the room and grinned at Naruto and Kakashi. Naruto waved at him while Kakashi nodded. He waved at his uncle and his team since they were the only others he knew. Tsuande had summoned them all but the woman herself had yet to appear. He moved over to team 7 and ruffled Naruto's hair, earning a glare from the teen.
 
“Aki!” He laughed.
 
“Sorry, couldn't help myself. Any idea what we're all here for Kakashi?”
 
“No clue. Though you do seem to be the only person without a team.” Kakashi said, not looking up from his book.
 
“And why does that worry me?” They fell silent as the Hokage entered the room.
 
“A group of Sound-nin were spotted crossing the border several hours ago. Your mission is to intercept them and find out why they are here if you can. Try to bring one back for Ibiki but otherwise kill them. Orochimaru needs to understand that his ninja cannot just come and go as they please through Fire Country. Akira you'll be with Team 7 for this, anything happens to Kakashi then you're in charge.”
 
“Yes Hokage-sama.” He answered respectfully. He met her eyes and realised she didn't want to send him or team 7 but that she had too. He gave her a reassuring smile, he'd watch out for Naruto. She gave a very slight smile and nod in response.
 
“Be very careful, according to intelligence Uchiha Sasuke may be with them. That is all.”
 
--------------------------
Akira dodged a hail of shuriken, taking care of their thrower with a thrown kunai to the throat. He took a quick look around, glad to see that while their group had a few injuries they were all minor. Spotting a familiar hairstyle he took off after the owner, he could feel a content purr at the back of his mind since they were in battle. Primal spirits loved a good fight after all but now she wanted him to hunt down their missing pack member and he wasn't arguing. He tackled his target, knocking them both from the trees and into the dirt below. Moving quickly he pinned the teen beneath him.
 
“Hello Sasuke. I've been wondering what the hell you've been thinking the last few years.” Akira said in a deceptively calm voice. Sasuke stared up at him, a bit of shock showing on his usually impassive face.
 
“Akira…” Sasuke said quietly.
 
“Last time I checked. You idiot! What do you think you're doing?”
 
“Getting the power I need to kill him! Konoha was holding me back.” Sasuke blinked in shock as Akira slapped him, not punched but actually slapped.
 
“You stuck up, self absorbed idiot! Do you ever think of anyone but yourself? Despite what you may believe the world does not revolve around you. What about all the people you left behind just for your stupid revenge? Have you thought about them? Have you? You were Naruto's best friend, his brother. Kakashi's prized student. And you turned your back on them, you betrayed them just like Itachi betrayed you.”
 
“Shut up. You don't know anything about it!”
 
“You still think everything is about you. You do realise what Orochimaru plans to do to you, don't you? He's going to destroy you and take over your body. And when that happens you will cease to exist, no revenge on Itachi, no reviving your clan, you'll be dead.”
 
“Get off me!”
 
“Not likely. You're coming back to Konoha if I have to drag you back by the hair! And don't think I won't brat. It's about time someone started treating you like the spoiled brat you are.” Akira quickly bound Sasuke's hands to keep him from using a jutsu to escape and just to be extra carefully gave him a dose of tranquillisers, watching as the teen quickly passed out.
 
“Akira!”
 
“Over here! I found something you lost.” Kakashi appeared a few seconds later and stared down at the unconscious teen.
 
“Good work. Let's get back to Konoha.”
 
“We catch any others?” He asked, picking Sasuke up.
 
“No, the rest were killed.” Kakashi answered as they moved back to the rest of the group.
 
“Sasuke-kun! Is he alright? What did you do to him?” Sakura demanded angrily. Akira just shot her a look of disgust.
 
“He'll be fine, he's just drugged so he won't try to escape. Maybe you should show more concern for your comrades then a traitor?” He answered coldly, dumping Sasuke and going to check on Naruto.
“You okay?” He asked softly. Naruto looked up at him and grinned, trying to hide the hurt caused by Sakura's actions.
“She's not worth it Naruto.” The blonde nodded sadly and Akira wrapped an arm around his shoulders, offering comfort.
 
“Lets move!” Kakashi called and the group took to the trees, heading quickly for home.
 
TBC…