Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ White Rose ❯ the food tray ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It started with the food tray
 
Disclaimer: me no own Naruto or Neji or Shino or Sasuke or kakashi or Shikamaru… well you get the picture…
 
Summary: Neji is at the hospital and no one visits him except Shino. ShinoNeji… first ever I think..
 
 
 
Morning. Hyuga Neji woke up on a hospital bed. He was bought there yesterday after his match with Naruto. He remembered it all, how he fell down and was rushed here. Ten-ten arrived moments later, but Neji just told her that she was so pathetic about worrying about him and that he wanted her to leave him alone.. now he regretted he did that because no one else came afterwards. Afternoon came the nurse had left the food tray there since she told her that he didn't need help in the coldest way possible. He also regrets that because he doesn't even have the strength to pick the spoon up. Now he sat up on his bed glaring at his food. He could call the nurse but his pride was getting in the way.. besides he's doubting that she'll even come back. He was getting hungry… he sighed “Need help?” a voice shattered his thoughts he looked around only to see Aburame Shino enter his room carrying a single white rose. “Why are you here? And no I don't need anyone's help especially your help.” Neji hissed “So leave me alone” Shino seemed immune to Neji's attitude as he sat down on the chair beside Neji's bed “Everyone we know is here. Sasuke's room is filled with half the female population of Konoha while Hinata, Sakura and Lee are in Naruto's room. I don't think I'll be leaving” he paused “unless you are fully capable of feeding yourself. Shino stood up and got the tray from the table and placed in on Neji's lap.. Neji glared at his spoon “So I was just a third choice then huh.” Neji attempted to pick up his spoon in determination to show Shino that he is well off on his own but as said he was still weak and dropped it. Shino who was putting the rose in the vase turned around and picked up the spoon he cleaned it at the sink and he went back to his chair beside Neji's bed. “First of all the nurse told me that information because she thought I was going to visit them. Secondly my intention of going here was to really visit you.” He picked up the spoon now filled with food “Now stop being dense and eat.” Neji let out a defeated sigh “As long as n-” Neji didn't finish his sentence as Shino shoved the spoon into his mouth “you have my word no one will know” moments passed in silence causing Neji to blush… When they finished Shino had put the tray away. “Why do you even bother?” Neji asked him “Just because Neji… just because”. It went on like that day after day. Shino would come in the morning, Neji would cuss, Shino would feed him and Neji would blush and Shino would only go when the visiting hours are over at night. The day before Neji would be released arrived. The sun was already up and Shino wasn't there yet “He's late” Neji said out loud as the door opened Neji turned. But it was not Shino that entered. It was Shikamaru “What are you doing here?” Shikamaru shuddered at Neji's cold greeting “Chill out Hyuga! Shino sent me here. He told me to tell you that he has a mission and he wouldn't be back for a few days. He also said that he was happy for you because you're getting out tomorrow.” Neji looked out the window. “Why didn't he… I mean why should I care” Shikamaru tapped Neji on the shoulder and looked him in the eye “I know what's going on Hyuga, I'm not that dense. You like Shino… or even love him.” He put a lot of emphasis on the love… Neji just blushed and again looked out the window. Shikamaru sighed and went to the door “you better eat that Hyuga” he said glancing at the food tray as he turned the knob “Oh yeah I almost forgot… Shino loves you too” and with a smirk he went out the door leaving Neji to stare openmouthed after at the door. The next day Neji went out the hospital. The nurses told him that an Aburame Shino paid the bill. He walked outside feeling heavy and lonely at the same time. Suddenly lee appeared out of nowhere “NEJI!!! Gai sensei told us to meet him at the training area!!” as lee dragged him off `that's strange Gai-sensei usually lets us rest if we just came from the hospital… oh well at least this takes my mind of him' Neji thought. As they reached the training ground Neji was shocked. The training ground was covered in white roses `The kind that Shino would always bring' he thought blushing. He was going to ask Lee what was going on but found no one with him “the flowers match your eyes” a voice suddenly said. A voice so familiar to Neji that he knew at once who spoke he faced him. “Shino” `Oh yeah I almost forgot… Shino loves you too' upon remembering Shikamaru's words he blushed in a deeper shade of red. “Ano… I thought you were on a missi-” Neji turned around realizing how stupid he sounded. Shino grinned and hugged the shocked Hyuga from behind “I needed time for this so I asked Shikamaru to tell you that… I knew you would miss me” he whispered the last part quietly just enough for Neji to hear. Shino then held Neji's hand and guided him to the center of the training ground where you can see the ocean. As Neji was going to sit down Shino grabbed him causing him to fall on his lap. “S-so you got Lee to” “Lee volunteered himself “ Shino paused “he was actually the one who suggested this setting” Shino's eye twitched upon remembering how Lee almost told the whole of Konoha that he liked Neji. Neji sighed “then you told Shikamaru” “Shikamaru's smart he figured it out on his own” Neji placed his hand on Shino's “Arigato Shino” “your welcome Neji… aishiteru” Neji knew that he was becoming a tomato now “I love you too” he smiled “I guess loosing to Uzumaki wasn't so bad after all” Neji sat up looking at Shino who grinned “looks like it.” Shino leaned closer and closed the space between them.
 
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
“Yosh!! Mission accomplished”
“Now we can start on our new target!”
“Who do you have in mind Lee?”
“I don't know Shikamaru… how about…”
“Gaara and Sasuke!” they both chorused