Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Without Any Destiny ❯ Chapter 6: Sasuke, Sakura, Naruto & Kakashi’s Conversation! Part 1: The Truth ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6: Sasuke, Sakura, Naruto & Kakashi's Conversation! Part 1: The Truth

`…Truth, as she emphasize was a wrecker of all relationships. "You can never get away by telling someone the truth!" she said. "Even if you told her what you've done all these years and telling her everything she'd never expected from your own mouth! Even I wouldn't bear to be told of something like that!" She placed her hand on her head, and shook her darling curls of ebony down to her shoulders. She looked at me and said, "But knowing the truth… is even better than being lied to…" "But I thought you said the truth was terrible?" She gave me a rather hurtful look and replied, "The truth and lies is all but a double edge sword but there is a difference. The truth is words of honesty. Lies are betrayal of trust. Funny how both of them can get away with hurting each others feelings…."'

Another lazy Monday… Team 7, led by Kakashi Hatake, have gone down to the forest by the waterfalls to train. Sun was streaking hot as the three young ninjas; Sasuke, Sakura and Naruto trained their skills in the middle of the summer heat as their Sensae, Kakashi sat above the tree, reading his favorite book. The three of them were looking at something red, shiny and round next to Kakashi. Naruto made a face as they watched it. It moved… second by second. They pretended to punch air as they watched it go. The summer heat was killing them. Beads of sweat trickled down their faces. It hasn't stop moving.

"Closer… Closer…. Come on already!"

"Quiet, Naruto! Sensae will hear us!"

".. Pft… Keep it down… both of you… "

"I can't wait any longer! It's been 8 hours since we've trained!"

"It's true… and he told us not to eat…" Sakura commented.

"Just a little longer, okay?"

They watched the item. It was still moving but it's not getting any closer. It had this irritating noise when you kept quiet. It was driving Naruto up the wall. The three of them held their breath.

"Three…"

"Two…"

"One…"

"LUNCHTIME!!!"

The item rang. Naruto threw a dart at it. He was happy and at the same time, frustrated. Kakashi shut his book and looked at the item. The item lost its balance and fell off. Kakashi shook his head. The three of them took their lunchboxes and began to eat.

"Hey, Naruto-kun! That's my alarm clock! This is the third time you killed another clock!"

"Whatever, Sensae! It was driving me up the wall!" Naruto shouted back.

"Kakashi Sensae's right. That's the third time you killed a clock. (But, damn the clock! That felt good! Damn thing ticking away!)"

"…Pft… all of you…"

The four of them sat down and began to eat. Naruto happily gulped down his food as Sakura shouted at him. Sasuke kept silent, not bothering any of the two. As long as they're not bothering the hell out of him, he doesn't give a damn.

"Sasuke… What were you thinking about just now?"

"Wha--?"

"During training, you were muttering something under your breath."

"… Oh… that…. That's nothing."

"Ehehe… Sasuke was thinking of that pretty girl he met two weeks ago."

"Hey, Naruto! Watch what you're saying! (DAMN NARUTO! SASUKE IS MINE! ALL MINE!)"

Sasuke threw his chopsticks down on the floor. The other looked at him. He put his hand up and walked down to the small stream near the waterfall.

"Sasuke, you haven't finished---"

Sakura's eyes widened as she saw the lunchbox. It was empty.

"So FAST?!"

Kakashi looked at Sasuke. He was keeping all to himself too much lately. That was strange of Sasuke to begin with. Kakashi decides to find out for himself.

Sasuke sat by the stream and dipped his feet in. The water had a serene, cool feeling. Sasuke picked up a stone and threw it on the water. The stone, as light as the wind, skipped over the stream 5 times and reached the other side. Kakashi Sensae joined in as well, putting his feet into the water.

"So, Sasuke… how's life like now you've met up with Yuri?"

"Nothing much… There's no difference even if she is here."
"So, how close are you and Yuri?"

"Just childhood friends… Nothing out of the ordinary. Yuri is just someone I knew from a long time ago… Someone I had kept close in me like family…"

"And your engagement to the Shirokage's daughter was the beginning of it all…"

"So, you know…"

Sasuke took a stone and threw on the stream waters again. It skipped once and drowned in the water. Kakashi put his book in front of him and began to read again.

"Shirokage… leader of the Shadow Ninja Village. Their village may be small but they are something to be feared of. They were one of the earlier Ninja Clan Villages who disappeared in the war. He made an alliance with Orochimaru a long time ago, I heard."

"Shirokage… He was a mean-looking man as far as I remembered. But he didn't look old even for a man over 60. He looks as if he was still in his 20's. His daughter always wore a black veil. His son was never there. His wife died when the both of them were born."

"Yes… Shirokage is someone to be feared of. His wife was a young witty woman when I met her before she died. Her name was Hyuuga Aikawa…"

"That means that the daughter is related to me and the Byakugan family."

"In what sense?"

"Well… Shirokage is actually a far-related uncle… from what I heard is that the Uchiha branch family disowned him when he was going to marry another of a different clan. It's obvious he wants to connect the Uchiha clan back together with him."

Kakashi threw another stone into the water. It seems like Sasuke knew almost everything…. The warm wind blew again, creating chaos amongst the tufts of green grass.

"Well, Sasuke, it seems you know this story very well."

"Not actually…. I don't even know who the daughter is."

"You don't need to. You've already seen her. "

"You have. Remember that Shirokage changed his name to something else after he was disowned? Well… in fact, he changed his name to the second-home he had and had his village built on it. It was a meadow of white lilies where he first met Aikawa."

"Meadow? You don't mean that--?"

"Right. The daughter you've been seeing is Sogen Yuri. And the mysterious ninja is her bother, Sogen Kaede."

Sasuke shook his head and threw a pebble into the water.

"That's impossible… I saw Yuri when I met the Shirokage's daughter…"

"That's right. The girl you saw was a substitute. Yuri was in disguise. She wanted to see your family close-up rather than hide her face, like her father wanted her to…"

"… I can't believe it…. After all this time believing… I never thought it would be her…"

Sasuke got up, frustrated. He angrily threw a pebble, and made it skip a few leaps. He didn't like people lying to him. Why did she lie to him? Sasuke kicked the grass and fell to his back, hitting his head on the soft grass. He wanted to let out his anger but he couldn't. He wanted to scream in frustration but he couldn't. He couldn't do it. He felt as if something was holding him back from doing all those things.

"Sasuke, you must understand Yuri's situation. She had to go undercover to keep her identity safe from anyone. Besides, she did it also to see you personally… and Itachi as well…"

"She should've married Itachi. It should have been just that. But it wasn't anyone's fault to begin with. I am the only survivor of the Clan left. I am s'pose to replace my brother as her fiancé."

"Well, fate has a funny way of pulling people together. After all, Yuri seems to favor you more. She knew that the third Hokage was dead after all. She came all the way here to warn you about her brother. All the way… just to see you."

Sasuke sat aright. Kakashi was right. Everybody knows that the Third Hokage is dead. Yuri, no longer a stranger to this cruel world knew everything it has to offer through the wind. Kakashi could be right… Maybe she did come all the way to see him. Kakashi got up and patted Sasuke's shoulder, smiling at him.

"Well, I guess you need time getting through this. I hope you keep your promise of becoming a man…"

"H-hey! How did you know?"

"That's a secret. You'll thank me later."

Kakashi put on his sandals and walked towards the stream's end. Sasuke sat alone as the warm breeze blew by again. He shut his eyes and felt the breeze gently touching him. Maybe Kakashi was right by taking time to rethink it all out…

"Naruto, did you hear that?"

"Yeah… who would expect that Sasuke is engaged?"

"No, about Yuri… (Damn this! Sasuke is engaged after all! DAMN! DAMN! DAMN!)"

"Yuri…? You mean the pretty girl we met that day… She and Sasuke make a good pair though."

"WHAT DID YOU SAY, NARUTO?! (DAMN NARUTO! HOW CAN HE SAY ALL THOSE STUFF DURING A CRISIS LIKE THIS! DAMN! DAMN! DAMN!)"

"Ehehe… Cool down, Sakura-chan… (Damn, Sakura is scary….) Anyway, we better get out of here before…"

A voice boomed behind them. "Before what?"

"SENSAE!" the both cried simultaneously.

"Didn't I tell you both prying into people's business is not good?"

"Forgive us, S-S-Sensae! We were just curious…." Replied Naruto timidly.

"Well, anyway… You both shouldn't go telling people about that Shirokage's daughter is Yuri-san. Other wise..."

"Otherwise?" asked Sakura.

"Shirokage is a very powerful ninja. He controls the ninja world sometimes as if it was like some trading monopoly. He has power of the Kages and sometimes, rule over them. Shadow Village may be small but it is the MAN centre."
"MAN?"

"Main Administration for Ninjas, you idiot."

"Right. And if you knew, spreading the identity of his family could cause a penalty of death. So, you better watch what you say."

"*Gulp* Alright, Sensae."

Kakashi turned and walked, leaving Sakura and Naruto, half-petrified and half-amazed. Sakura and Naruto breathed and sat down.

"Oh, yes. Naruto-kun?"

"Yes, Sensae?"

"I do agree with what you say about Sasuke and Yuri. They make such a cute couple."

"WHAT?! NOT YOU TOO, SENSAE! (DAMN THIS!!!)"

** Author's Note: I decided to make this brief. Shirokage built his village over a meadow of lilies where he met Hyuuga Aikawa. That's where Yuri got her name. Sogen is Japanese for meadow whereas Yuri is Japanese for lily. There is just a minor connection between Yuri and the village. I'll explain how she got her name in a few chapters ahead… till then, keep reading… ^_^