Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Young pure soul ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Chapter 8 “Confession”

It was a gorgeous scene of the dust to watch. The sun was gradually vanishing behind the stretch of the sea mirroring its dim orange light into its ripples. There were many people on the coast taking advantage to view of the dusk scene.

Naruto was one of them; he was sitting on a stone at end side of the shore and jiggling a pencil in his hand. Apparently he was flooded by his thought, guessing what to write. He was in the mood to do some poetry, his most preferred subject.

He put a scowl expression, coming to find that he was messing around with words and nothing was coming out right from his mind. After some fifteen minutes of grooming his mind he came up with a protracted poem. He snorted and picked up the paper and deciding on reading what ever he just wrote.

Before that could ensue he received a sensation of someone poking his head. “Hi dope what a coincidence” Naruto shot his head up to discovering a fine raven in front of him. His face cracked a beam of delight, greeting. “Sasuke, good to see you. What are you doing here?”

“I come here often, I like this place” Sasuke heaved a sign and placed himself next to Naruto, who saved him some room to sit. “What are you writing?” he queried him fixing his gaze on the paper.

“N-nothing, just killing some time” the blonde quivered, averting his eyes and hid the paper with his arm. Sasuke passed him a mystified look. “Wouldn’t you let me read it, please?” the raven hauled a puppy dog face while asking.

“Fine here, don’t laugh at it. I haven’t read what I wrote myself yet” he dispensed the paper to Sasuke, who snatched it cheerfully with a “Wow this is poetry, I love read these”

Naruto waited for Sasuke as he commenced reading the utterances on the paper.

Scattered pieces of my spirit come to whole,
Don’t make me suffer nor deepen my heart’s hole.

Burning in the sunlight,
Dazzle in the moonlight.

Those feelings grow more with no words,
Force me to beg death from this brutal world.

To the deep darkness that I am bounded,
Losing every dear things that I found.

Tears have become pointless in my life now,
Before those times on my knees to God I bow.

I still don’t have words or reasons to complain,
For that’s how a devil’s life is no soothe or plain.

With these eyes that it’s concealed inside,
One day it will break free and ruin my faultless sight.

Joy in my life now it lacks,
For the world has now turned on me its back.

To the dust view with these eyes I stare hoping in my heart,
The new dawn will bring a new day or again cause me hurt.

Sasuke felt stunned and speechless guessing why would the blonde write such things. But still he considered this remarkable writing. “What do you say about it?” Naruto inquired lingering for the answer.

“It’s beautiful but why would you chose to write such a shady poem” Sasuke smiled with a concern glimpse. His mind troubling him. “Hmm… well just, sometimes I am in the mood to do dark poetry” Naruto grinned back with some gestures.

“I am so jealous and amazed. It’s so well written” Sasuke winked at him and gave a small chortle. Naruto flushed and joined laughing with him. “I don’t know how I write but you are the first person I ever let read one of my writing. Thanks for appreciating my work” Sasuke gave a nod in response shifting his stare to the sky, which was applied by a dim pink shade stretched across the horizon.

“So, wasn’t school fun today?” Naruto approached Sasuke’s attention, setting his arms behind on the stone placing the whole weight of his waist on them.

“Yeah it was rather amusing. I am looking forward on playing another game of basketball with you. You are fun to hang around with” Sasuke split out those words of his mouth not making it a huge deal to admit that the blonde was interesting to be around with.

“Really then count me in” Naruto clutched his knuckle gesturing signs of excitement in his mood. “Alright pal this time I am not going to be easy on you” Sasuke apprised, his eyes full of enthusiasm.

“So are we buddies now?” The azure eyed teen mentioned hope in his tone. “Is that any thing to ask, you bet we are.” Naruto sensed a glee sentiment within him like he had just achieved something vital. Taking note of Sasuke’s features Naruto saw a few cut like scars on his neck and his wrists stretching down in a line, they were looking atrocious. Some of them were fresh and a few old.

“Sasuke’s what are those, did you got hurt?” Naruto asked fretfully, referring to his wrist and neck. Sasuke summarily hid the scars with his hands and spoke “Those… those are nothing. Why don’t we take a walk?” Sasuke changed the issue and pointed to the coast while asking. Naruto nodded back but still he felt concerned about him thinking that he was clearly veiling something.

Soon they were lashing out their feet in the crumbs of sand and leisurely ambling. The sun had now utterly sunk behind the drawn out sea. And the weather rather became chilly on the shore. The wind howled and the fog rolled in. Sasuke paced ahead towards the sea and descended his ankles in the currents of water surging over the sand. At first it felt nippy but compelling. Soon Sasuke realized that he wasn’t the only one drawn to the sea. Naruto was also fond of the sensation of water.

“Look Naruto what is that?” Sasuke questioned, pointing out his finger to the water as he pulled up an astounded expression on his face. “What, where?” the blonde glanced here and there for the object the raven just mentioned.

“Ops” Sasuke playfully flanged him into the shallow water making him soaking wet. “Ah the water’s co-cold, you did that on purpose” Naruto flinched when his body came in contact with the cold water and shivered from the chilly sensation. He found a chuckling Sasuke behind him.

“You are not going to get away with that” Naruto also grabbed Sasuke’s ankle and brought him down into the freezing water with himself. “Oh my god! Cold co-cold” Sasuke gasped flapping his hand in the water.

Naruto was the one laughing now. “So it wasn’t cold when you shoved me into it”. Sasuke was constantly coughing and sniggering both. “Sorry let’s get off before we catch a cold” Sasuke offered his hand to him and lugged him to his feet.

“R-right we should g-go home and dry o-oursel-ves” Naruto’s body also commenced trembling and both of their lips turned deep mauve. Sasuke nodded as he rubbed his palms together.

“Fine see you soon then” Sasuke grinned before he left the shore and the blonde alone.

Naruto couldn’t stop leering, he felt rather cringe with the cold impression of the water or Sasuke for having such amusing idea to do that actually, he couldn’t estimate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s been days since they were hanging out together. Naruto lately pulled up a bunch of basketball games with the raven teen. They hung out in the middle of breaks and talked about the usual stuff. It looked like Naruto had found his wonderful friend. The kiryuu twins were out of town before someday and now they had returned back into their high school.

One fine day at school, when Naruto was completing his leftover homework. It was in the middle of recess. “Damn it! This French homework is crazy. Somehow I feel like quitting that class. But then again what’s Sasuke for. I think I might need his help” Naruto’s face lit up in the middle of him chewing on his pen. He slipped off his seat and sprinted out side the class.

“Where might he be?” he asked him self jogging through the hallway. “In his class” He turned left of the hallway, where many classrooms were situated. He made his way ahead to find a room with a sign of ‘10th grade’ written on it. He heaved a chunky sigh and unlocked the shut door. Soon he came to find an empty classroom with no signs of the dark haired teen any where.

He rummaged around in a little, sooner than he could make his way out though the door. He bumped into someone, shoving him to the ground. Before he comprehended it, he laid there on the top of a hardly cognizant raven, who was rubbing his head constantly in nuisance with his eyes shut.

“Sorry Sasuke, I didn’t see you coming” Naruto apologized, gliding away from the raven. “No worries, what are you doing here?” Sasuke shifted his hands behind him and hauled the weight of his body to stand up. He mopped his clothes and so did Naruto.

“Na Sasuke, are you free to help me with some French homework?” Naruto received a nod from Sasuke. They both penetrated the door and took their seats against each other in the middle row.

“Let me see where you need help” Sasuke tenderly handed the notebook from the blonde eyeing the difficulty.

“Here… what does this mean?” Naruto pointed out to a line written in his notebook. “Oh this is easy, you’re not focusing well” Sasuke responded in a smirk.

After a short while, fixing the trouble in the homework. Sasuke was just checking the final time for any errors. “Ok it’s done” Sasuke smirked at the teen and handed him back the book. When Naruto was about to acquire it, it tripped off his hands on the chair.

“I will pick it up” Naruto who was kneeing on the table advanced his movements and bent to grasp on the book without capturing the picture of himself doing.

He lips were practically fondling aligned with another warm source of flesh. He froze those for a second not moving an inch. The following moment he could think of it. He was kissing on Sasuke’s tenderly lips. Sasuke shared right back at him his mind blank and eyes wide open.

The raven’s heart skipped a beat with every moment that passed and the contact of his lips with the blonde’s made goose bombs shape on his skin. Naruto’s lids were still fastened, not taking note of how the raven is feeling like.

Unpredictably the door opened the right instant they split each other apart. It was the lavender orbed teen taking note of his view after he said. “There you are Naruto, c’mon lets have a game you pair of old men” Ichiro stepped inside wandering his gaze over a pair of red bloomed faces of the teens.

“Did something happen here?” he gave a puzzled look over to them. Naruto was gripping on his nose and lips where as his cheeks were flushed. Sasuke had already shifted his head down on the table casing his arms around it. There he was struggling to calm his violent panting.

“W-why don’t you go, I will come after a short moment” Naruto broke the silence that had ever been created between them. Ichiro nodded and strolled out of the class. Naruto grabbed his book and made his way straight though the door, before that he gave a “Sa-Sasuke, I... I’m really sorry about that” twisting his head behind, waiting for the teen’s reply.

Sasuke hoisted his head up, his face still blazing flushed. “Don’t apologize dope” And that’s all he said as he sluggishly propelled his locks off his face, behind his ear. He still couldn’t stop himself from gasping.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Schoo l had finished a while before. Naruto was deliberately moseying on the footpath back to home with his bag hitched over his shoulder. He swiftly lowered his eyes and let himself exhale softly. He was losing himself totally. He needed to get a hold on himself. He felt downing into some kind of embarrassment and shame. His cheeks were still bloomed red from the earlier fact.

He saw a bench beneath the shade of a tree. It looked a comfy place to seat. He lobbed himself on the bench and placed his arms below his head, resting it on the bench’s edge. He tenderly closed his eyelids. He stayed there for a while feeling his body, numbed with the chilly atmosphere, trying to call back his sanity.

What was he thinking kissing off Sasuke like that? “What was wrong with me that time, how could I do such a thing? Seizing the notebook at that time made me wonder how… how his grey and glittering orbs and his pale skin seemed to glow. His lips calling…my name and… I just wanted to touch him” he was listening to his own will inside his heart.

He poked his head with a frown on his features. “How can I be so stupid to think like that? What if he minds it… will we be all same like we were used to be?” his mind was bombarding with diverse question. He swathed his face in his palms reassuring his head from exploding.

I don’t want any thing to change. That time it was like I felt into a trace… yeah that right I just felt into a trace. I have to make a proper apology and act more casual like nothing happen”

He heaved himself to his feet, heartwarming himself. He tossed his tresses off his face and jumped onto a nearby tree for his way home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sasuke was shifting side to side frantically in his bed, apparently his mind was disturbed by what Naruto did to him. Bringing the feeling back of how Naruto touched him and caressed his lips with his own. It was really a big deal.

I’m not pervert; I couldn’t stop him… that doesn’t make me one. Hell I don’t know what to do.” He shifted to his right side, rubbing sorely at his temper. He cursed himself inwardly over and over looking straight through the lamp that was dimly lit, like it was going to blast any moment with his piercing glare.

Just sleep and forget, I am sure I can do that… but some how I will always think that I didn’t say no to stop it” Sasuke slightly switched off his lamp. And forcing himself to sleep that he couldn’t do lately. Somehow that night his bed wasn’t so eagerly calling him to drowsiness. He could hear the dim sound of the wind howling in the background. He had almost forgotten to close the window. Now that he was almost inflowing into a sleep, he wouldn’t ruin that. He vehemently shut his eyes and poured out his mind of all the unappealing thoughts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Same time at the other coast of the town Naruto wasn’t so unwind as well. He was seated his bed with knees brought by to his chest. His stare was lost outside the window in the dazzling beams of the moon halfway covered in clusters of clouds.

Recently his mind was so oblivious that he couldn’t hear the audible thud of the door slamming in the background. “Naruto, what are you doing?” Naruto snapped out from his little trace that he felt into as the brunette teen ‘Rayon’ walloped himself to the bed. “You’re not spacing out again, are you?” to that Naruto’s face enveloped into a slight grin.

“No I am not. Why would you think that?”

“Because I think there is something troubling you. Would you like to share it with me?” Rayon shifted a little closer to Naruto as he rubbed the blonde’s hair. “Well… it’s nothing” he rolled his eyes the other way trying to avoid the brunette’s stare.

“Do you not wish to tell me, am I not your brother anymore?” Rayon shaped his face in a little sorrow expression while he saw Naruto hesitating to tell the truth. Seemingly he was trying to force the truth out of the teen. He lifted Naruto’s fallen face up with his finger tip and moved his head forward. Much to Naruto’s astonishment he found Rayon give a quick butterfly kiss on his lips, that freaked the hell out of him.

“What are you doing?” he shrieked childishly in frustration, in response he found Rayon snickering back at him. “Did you mislay your mind” Naruto retorted as his heart skipped a beat that instant and his face flushed red as he sheathed it with his hand.

“You’re too easy to mess with. Now tell me what’s bothering you” Rayon gave a small chuckle and appraised Naruto all over.

“Fine I will tell you” Naruto finally decided to split out every thing troubling him to Rayon in conclusion.

After hearing the story in brief Rayon’s mouth was opened ajar and his mind felt perplex not considering anything factual. “You did what!! how can you ki..ki…kiss a boy have you lost your mind” Naruto’s ear felt being pierced by the shrieks of other teen. He thrust his fingers in his ears to shun the bellows. “I… I actually didn’t know how that happened it was a mistake. Also what’s wrong with kissing another boy? You just kissed me right now too” he also adopted the brunette’s tone and yelled back at him, both of them blushing red.

“That’s not the point. That was just a bro…brotherly kiss” Rayon snorted for a while letting himself to relax. He was deeply rubbing on his temper. “Anyhow that means you like him, right?” Naruto passed him a confused glance.

“Off course he’s a friend-” Rayon cut in the middle, driving his tresses away from his navy eyes.

“No, I mean more then that” he shot a scowl glare at him. “No, I told you it was a mistake-”

“Mistakes don’t happen like that. So I am warning you stay away from that boy, if you don’t want to hurt you feeling” he rolled his arms while arguing with the blonde. “What do you mean by that?” Naruto shouted again defending himself for the fact that it was a blunder.

“Fine, do what ever you want but don’t make a nuisance out of your self. You might freak him out” Rayon gave a slight grin before he could initiate to go out the room. Naruto leaped out of his bed and wrapped his arms around his back in a quick embrace and whispered in his ear “Thank you”.

Rayon smiled back and nodded at him before he left the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After many days in school, the atmosphere had adopted a chilly sensation because of cold the weather. It was the start of autumn, amber shaded leaves already commenced hitting the ground from their trees.

In one of the huddle of leaves beneath a tree lay a raven gripping on a French language book in his one palm and the other twisted below his head. Beside him laid another young man with hoary hair examining the raven very peculiarly.

“Sasuke c’mon let’s go somewhere you’re so boring” Zero whined pulling the nap of Sasuke’s shirt who was busy lost in the fantasy of the book. “What do you want to do?” he inquired flipping the page of the book.

“Anything but laying out here. I am going if you want to join me then let’s go. If not then stay” Zero frowned and stood up to swab his shirt because of the dirt from the ground. “Okay fine I’m coming, just a minute” Sasuke replied.

Zero left that instant. Following moment Sasuke left after. Zero led him into the basketball pitch where all the other teens were playing around. “Hey Sasuke, good you came let’s play” Sasuke heard some one call him from the other side of the pitch and what you know it was Naruto.

He flanged the ball at him and gestured him to start and all the other players. Sasuke happily accepted the challenge and took his position.

Sasuke’s acting casual… I should act informal too like nothing had happened” Naruto smiled at that thought figuring everything was fine between them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the game finished Sasuke slammed his tiresome body to the ground followed by Naruto’s. “That was a good game” the raven said it out of blue through his shallow gasps.

“Yeah… Oh! I fell so worn out” Naruto leered and turned over his body until he was laying on the top of his stomach. “I don’t think that kiss was by fault that time... for Sasuke somehow I am sure… I have always felt that way” He beamed at his own consideration as he swirled his legs in the air and leaned closer towards Sasuke removing all the spaces between them.

Sasuke was currently unaware of what was really occurring there. He had his eyes closed. But when finally he unfastened his lids he found Naruto’s face right above his. “Ah! What are you doing?” He freaked out settling his body in an upward position. At the same time he lost the control of his breath.

“Th-there was something on your face, so I was taking a view of it” Naruto knew he lied just now. “Well you confused me” Sasuke sheepishly responded moving his flicks away from his eyes.

“Oh! Is that so… tell me what were you thinking” Naruto mocked.

“Shut up, how can you say that? After all what you did to me that day” Sasuke yelled full force right back at him speaking matter of factly while glaring at him.

He means what happened that day?” Naruto guessed as his face shaped a gloomy expression. “I th-thought that you would have forgotten about it”

“Well I did forgot it, it’s just-” Sasuke couldn’t even get a chance to finish off his sentence when he felt Naruto’s arms wrapped around his shoulders in an cuddle and squeezed his body to no end while he murmured in his ear. “Please can you also forget about this?”

What is this… what is he doing? This doesn’t feel right” Sasuke’s head begun to ache with the bombing of many questions at the same time. Somehow the wind begun to howl leisurely and the world revolved in slow motion. Only the thumping of heart in his chest was the audible sound available at the split second. Naruto freed the raven from his embrace and caress his hair instead. “Naruto’s is a pal and more importantly a male pal… I wouldn’t let this happen” he coat the raven’s face in his palms and brought his face closer into another kiss while closing his eyes. Before that may perhaps ensue Sasuke slapped his face and shoved him away.

“Have you lost your mind, what are you thinking? We are both guys and buddies? That’s freakin’ disgusting” Sasuke shouted, glaring his bands at him. He swiftly stood up and unsoiled his uniform.

Naruto’s face cracked the most poignant expression, feeling his heart shatter away into million pieces. “I am sorry, I didn’t know you think about me that way” Naruto rose up his body as well and turn away, making his way out of the clearings.

“After that awkward hug, my mind wasn’t responding right” Sasuke mumbled barely audible by Naruto who disappeared behind the tree a jiffy later.

Sasuke held his forehead letting him self fall to the ground in aggravation. “Does Naruto actually…think about me that way” was that the only thing left to inquire?

End of chapter (TBC…)

Converting /tmp/phpYwewTO to /dev/stdout