Naruto Shippuden Fan Fiction ❯ Beginning of the End ❯ Kabuto's Offer ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Akatsuki looked on in shock at the figure standing in the doorway of the tunnel. He was wearing a dark brownish red cloak with the hood pulled over his head. For the most part he looked like himself, but one of his hands and half of his face greatly resembled Orochimaru.

"Sasuke, how interesting. Here, I thought you were dead. Imagine my shock when I heard rumors about you joining Akatsuki." Kabuto smirked.

"You said you had a deal for us." Nagato cut in before Sasuke could reply. The Uchiha looked rather.. Tense. Not that anyone could blame him. Kabuto had left him in one of Orochimaru's hideouts to die, after all. Nagato stood and faced Kabuto. "Well, what is you want?"

"I wish to join forces with you, as I know Suna has done with Konoha. I've come to explore the Edo Tensei Orochimaru had started experimenting with. I've taken it to new lengths, and it would aid you greatly in your cause." Kabuto said.

"Exactly how have you taken it to new lengths?" Sasori inquired. When he had been partnered with Orochimaru the snake-man had explained briefly what Edo Tensei was, but Sasori hadn't really paid much attention at the time.

"When Orochimaru was experimenting with the Edo Tensei he couldn't release and gain control over those he brought back. Also, if Orochimaru was killed or couldn't use his hands anymore then the jutsu was dispelled. I have taken it to new lengths. For the most part, those resurrected can hold their original personalities and thoughts. If they get too out of hand, I can simply put them under my complete control. Also, even if I die, the jutsu will not wear off. The only way to stop them is to seal them, and let their souls cross over." Kabuto explained. "All I need is a live body as sacrifice, the DNA of the one you want reanimated, and then that person will be brought back in the body of the one sacrificed. They'll have the same appearance as the one reanimated, and the same skills."

"So, you want us to kill a bunch of people to bring back dead ones. When we can use those same number of people alive instead of wasting time resurrecting dead shinobi?" Nagato asked. He didn't seem impressed. In fact he looked completely agitated that the man was wasting his time.

"Ah, you see with Edo Tensei the ones resurrected cannot die. Even if they're fatally injured they'll simply pull themselves back together. An army of the living dead, if you will."

"Oh fuck no. Kakuzu and I are the only zombies of the fucking Akatsuki!" Hidan snapped. At this point the rest of the Akatsuki were on their feet, and glaring at Kabuto from across the room.

Before Kabuto could react Sasuke had activated his chidori, drawn his sword, had the sword charged with his chidori, and lunged at Kabuto. Kabuto attempted to leap back, but it was too late. Sasuke's chidori blade pierced his heart, and the electric shock from the lightening killed him almost instantly

"Well, I guess we won't be in need of your services." Nagato told the dead Kabuto in a bored tone.

Hidan, Kisame, Evelynn, and Deidara all cheered and hollered. The rest of the Akatsuki gave small smiles as well. The Akatsuki had plenty of people in their family as it was (not to mention plenty of power in their hands to defeat Suna and Konoha), and there was no room for pathetic snakes. Especially pathetic snakes that once tried to kill one of their own.