Naruto Shippuden Fan Fiction ❯ The Akatsuki's Victory ❯ Sasori and Evelynn ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sasori had already lost about forty puppets. Honestly, if it weren't for Evelynn backing him up. He had no doubts that he would be dead right now. It seemed the leaf and sand shinobi were far more skilled as an army than they were as squads or alone. Well, Sasori should have been able to guess that.

The red-headed man narrowed his eyes at oncoming enemies. With a flick if his left middle finger three puppets flew at them. Two of the enemy were impaled with swords, and the other had her head cut off with an axe. It mattered little to Sasori which village they were from. As long as they weren't Amegakure or Akatsuki.

"Watch it!" Sasori heard his fiancé yell.

Evelynn suddenly slid behind him, and her pole axe went in one side of an enemy shinobi, and out his back. She yanked her weapon upwards and completely sliced the man in half from his stomach up. His blood splattered across her face, and the red-headed woman turned to Sasori with a grin.

"What would you do without me, darling?" She asked teasingly.

"I'd have much less of a headache." Sasori replied.

Evelynn spun on her toes, twirled her pole axe with the blade pointing outward, and sliced open the throats and abdomen of three more shinobi. From the sand, it looked like.

"You'd die without me." Evelynn stated.

"At this point, literally." Sasori muttered as he leaped back from a leaf nin who had tried to slice his throat open with a tanto.

Sasori pulled his right hand back, flicked his thumb on his right hand, and a puppet set a rain of senbon into the back of the leaf shinobi's neck. Sasori watched with a bored expression as the shinobi fell to the ground withering in pain. He had created a new poison that was much more potent, and had a acidic effect. Not only did it burn away the skin of it's targets on contact, but it also kept them in excruciating pain for five minutes while they died.

"We should probably be less heartless about this, but I can't find it in myself to care that we're killing all these people." Evelynn said thoughtfully as she punched a sand nin so hard in the face that his neck snapped and broke. She studied the man below her for a minute before slicing his neck open with her pole axe to end his misery.

"Should you really be thinking about that right now?" Sasori asked. "Besides, it's for the peace of the shinobi world."

"Yes, I suppose. Sasori?"

"What is it?" Sasori had to dodge another shinobi. He shot his left hand forward, flicked his ring finger and his index finger of his left hand, and used a puppet with a spiked club to bash his head in.

"I love you."

Sasori looked over in shock at what she said. The two were rarely openly affectionate with each other, and if he recalled they had only told each other they loved each other once or twice. As he studied her he decided she had never looked more beautiful. Her pole axe was held across her shoulders, one hand holding it while the other pushed her long red hair out of her face. She was covered in blood, both hers and the enemies. Her clothes, specifically her pants, were half torn off, and what was left of them was drenched and hugging her body. Her red hair was soaked and tangled from the rain. Yet, even in her state, she smiled at him. That glorious smile he had come to adore.

"I love you, too."