Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Zenki Fan Fiction ❯ Book One: Heir to the Throne ❯ Demon God Cycle III: Rise of the Guardian ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Ranma 1/2 or any other anime or video game

that may appear in the story.

** - thoughts

Hellsing Unlimited presents.......

Kiseki no Chou Kishin (Miraculous Super Demon-God)

The shining sun will rise no more, the wind will forever blow.

The strength of darkness will destroy the peace of this world.

Absolutely, Absolute destruction

To protect the short lives,

To keep our friends from being hurt.

Together, our hearts Together, our courage Together, our hearts

Together, our courage

Holding justice, releasing the prayers,

Hoping the radiant light will win.

Miraculous strength! Miraculous dreams! Miraculous strength! Miraculous dreams!

Through and through, the super demon-god will come... ZENKI!

The oceans and green earth will be shrouded and change.

Everyone's world will be broken down with powerful evil.

Absolutely, Absolute destruction

Building up to a bright tomorrow,

Grasping our shining victory.

Warm memories, burning spirit

Warm memories, burning spirit

Holding justice, strengthening the prayers,

The mysterious shining light will win.

Miraculous strength! Miraculous dreams! Miraculous strength! Miraculous dreams!

Through and through, the super demon-god will come... ZENKI!

Miraculous strength! Miraculous dreams! Miraculous strength! Miraculous dreams!

Through and through, the super demon-god will come... ZENKI!

Chapter 9:

Rise of the Guardian

Long, long ago....... the great sorcerer Ozune brought to life a fierce guardian spirit. His name was Zenki. Ozune used the almighty Zenki to protect the world from evil beings. It is said that.....when the threat of evil mounts...the invincible Zenki shall rise again!

-----Legend of the Guardian Spirit

"Granny Saki, see'ya!" a teenage girl calls out as she puts on her red shoes and moves towards the open door.

An older voice responds to the younger girl, "Hey Chiaki...." as the girl ignores the voice and rushes out the door, an old woman pops her head out of the kitchen and shouts at her departing granddaughter,

"..where do you think you're going? You haven't finished cleaning the main hall yet!"

"Don't worry, I'll do it later!" she shouts back as she runs down the temple steps, "I have something more important to do right now!" She has grayish blue eyes, long dark purplish hair tied in twin ponytails, and is wearing a pink jean jacket with a plain white shirt underneath, and a light blue skirt that barely reaches her knees.

"Chiaki...." said Granny Saki as she tries to chase after her granddaughter, but she realizes that she's already too late as Chiaki is already halfway down the winding stone stairway leading to the Village of the Guardian Spirit.

"Such a strange child...." Granny Saki mutters as she looks at a stone pillar with some markings etched into it, "...isn't she, Zenki-sama?"

*Enno temple has more than a millennia of history....* Chiaki thinks to herself as runs down the steps *..but we get no work these days, even temples have to earn their keep!* she runs a bit faster as she nears the village.

Village of the Guardian Spirit........

"Welcome to the Village of the Guardian Spirit." announced the tour guide to a new batch of tourists, "It is said that Enno Ozune, the greatest sorcerer of Japan founded this town 1,200 years ago."

The tour guide paused for a bit as the tourists gazed at their surroundings and then continued, "This town got its name from the legend of Ozune...who, with the help of his fierce guardian spirit cured the sick and warded off great disasters." she finished

"Over there you can see...." the tour guide began to lead the group of tourists towards another site in the village when a male tourist interrupted her speech.

"Excuse me miss...."

"Do you have a question sir?" the tour guide asked the man

"What is a guardian spirit?" the man asked

"Well....." the tour guide thought for a moment before answering,

".it's sort of a mysterious spirit that only obeys the commands or orders of its master."

"That's something..." another tourist said in awe

"We're grateful, very grateful!" the man bowed in thanks to the tour guide, who bowed back and led them to another part of the village.

"How 'bout a little prayer, tell your future, or ward off evil spirits?" asked Chiaki to passing tourists as she stood by a banner

of her temple.

"The best sorceress in town, Chiaki Enno at your service!" she continued waving and smiling at potential customers. Unfortunately, no one paid attention to her boastings. She sighed in defeat, when she heard a familiar voice calling out to people,

"You three customers, please follow me."

*Kuribayashi?* Chiaki as she looked towards a young man dressed in monk's attire who had his back turned to her while he talked to the three customers.

Beside the young man was an older bald man wearing slightly different clothes than his younger charge. The old man looked at Chiaki while using one of his hands to groom his mustache and laughed,

"What's the matter Chiaki, business not doing so well?"

She glared at him and said, "That's not fair! You're setting up shop right next to me on purpose!" the old man just laughed again, "Being

Grandma's brother doesn't give you the right..."

"Now's that an unfair accusation.." the old man said interrupting

Chiaki's tirade before it could go any further, "...we're just here saving stray sheep of the flock."

"Isn't that a Christian thing?" asked Kuribayashi to the older man

The old man's eyes just widened in surprise and looked at Kuribayashi with questioning eyes,

"Is that so?"

*I guess I'm no match for Abbot Jukai...even though he's an idiot.* thought Chiaki as she sweat dropped while Abbot Jukai burst out laughing once again.

Later in the afternoon.......

"Are we there yet?" asked Chiho who along with two other girls, Yui and

Miyu, were friends of Chiaki as they slowly trudged up the long stone steps leading towards Enno Temple.

"Yeah, how many more stairs are there?" Yui asked as she glared at a smiling Chiaki.

"I knew 5,000 yen a night for a hot spring, dinner, and breakfast was too good to be true." Miyu muttered to herself as she followed behind

Yui and Chiho.

"We're almost there, you girls can do it!" said Chiaki as she winked at them and ran ahead.

The three girls looked at Chiaki running up the stairs and sighed in unison,

"She has so much energy." commented Chiho as Yui and Miyu nodded in agreement.

As the three girls finally reached the top of the stairs, they saw

Chiaki patiently waiting for them for arrive. Said girl turned around and greeted them with another of her smiles.

"Here we are!"

"We made it." said Yui pausing to catch her breath.

Miyu looked at the scenery around her and noticed another path that was blocked off by a rope with spirit wards on it.

"I wonder where that leads." Miyu asked herself out loud grabbing the attention of both Yui and Chiho

"Let's go see then." said Chiho walking towards the path, the other girls just followed her lead.

Chiaki noticed where they were headed and cut them off by standing in front off the path, "I'm sorry but no one is allowed in there."

"Why not?" asked Miyu to Chiaki

"Oh come on Chiaki, let us have a peek." said Yui

"Yeah, you promised to show us lots of interesting things." said Chiho glaring at her priestess friend.

"It's what Granny Saki told me, no one is allowed to go on this path without her permission or we risk something terrible happening to us." answered Chiaki as she took a step back from the combined glares her friends were sending her.

"Why don't we go see the main hall first?" she asked laughing nervously trying to change the subject. Fortunately, her friends decided to let the matter drop for now and followed her into the main hall of the temple.

The three girls found themselves sitting on cushions in front of a small fire, waiting for their friend and host to arrive.

"Thank you for waiting." said Chiaki as she walked into the hall dressed in a priestess garb and sat on an empty cushion in front of the fire with her back towards her friends, she carefully placed five spirit wards between her and the fire.

Her friends exchanged fearful looks at each other and gave small gasps

of surprise when Chiaki started to chant.

"I wonder if this is okay." Miyu asked herself softly, watching as

Chiaki continued to chant.

As Chiaki chanted faster, she paid no attention to her friends' gaps of surprise, awe, and a little fear when the five wards started to glow and rise up in the air. The wards released twin beams of light at each other forming a shining star in front of them.

"W-what is this?" asked Yui with disbelief in her voice as she looked on at the occurrence in front of her and her friends.

Suddenly, Chiaki stopped her chanting. As she opened her eyes as an image of a crow flew towards them, breaking the star and causing the fire to explode. The four girls shrieked in surprise as they were knocked down the floor, dazed.

"What was that?" Chiaki asked herself as she got herself off the floor,

"I really hope that nothing bad happens."

"Too late." said Yui which caused Chiaki to look at her friends in concern.

"What about our faces?" Yui, Miyu, and Chiho said in unison pointing to their soot covered faces.

"Oh!" Chiaki said lamely, sweat dropping

Later that evening......

As the crescent moon was high in the night sky, dark clouds move to smother its lunar light and two traveling monks can be seen gazing at the temple. The shorter of the two chuckled evilly for a moment,

"I can sense it..."

Soon the two were before the wooden arc at the bottom of the steps that lead towards the temple, the taller monk used his trained senses on his surroundings and felt something....dark.

"I feel resentment from those sealed through the ages, unable to fulfill their ambitions." he said as the two continues their trek.

Hot spring....

Sounds of giggling echoed from the hot spring as Chiaki and her friends relaxed from the day's activities.

"I'm sorry." Chiaki apologized to her friends, "I've never caused an explosion from my chants before."

"Oh don't worry about it." said Miyu who was soaking in the spring,

"We have this wonderful hot spring all to ourselves."

"Yeah, we'll wash away this afternoon's incident, along with the dirt!" said Yui

"It feels so heavenly!" exclaimed Chiho, causing another round of giggling from the girls.

Outside......

The two monks were now standing in front of the forbidden path as the short monk narrowed his eyes at the rope and spirit wards that suddenly glowed with unnatural light. He smirked and said,

"A barrier, they may just as well hang a sign that says that there is treasure behind it!" he brought both of his index fingers together and started to chant, his chanting caused the rope and the wards to burst into flames and turning them into dust. Without the barrier, the two continued on their way to their destination.

Hot spring......

"So Chiaki-chan, you're Enno Ozune's descendant right?" asked Chiho to Chiaki who was slightly blushing in embarrassment.

"Yeah." answered Chiaki, and then Yui made her way towards Chiaki and asked,

"Isn't Enno Ozune the legendary sorcerer?"

"I'm the 55th generation, but I'm still a priestess in training."

Chiaki answered once again

"Aw, don't be so modest!" said Miyu "Your chants back there were pretty impressive. It surprised me!"

"You're a worthy direct descendant of Enno Ozune!" Chiho chimed in

"Really?" asked a beet red Chiaki

"Of course!" said Yui

Suddenly the earth started to rumble causing them to shout in surprise,

"What is it?!" asked Yui as she tried to not to fall "An earthquake?"

Chiaki stood up in shock as she felt evil tainting the earth beneath them,

"No this is...." Chiho shouted as she lost her balance and fell into the hot spring.

Outside......

Dark red energy sparked up the steps towards the two monks as they stood chanting in front of a small hut, with a seal on the double door.

The clouds quickly covered the night sky as the monks chanting and energy they caused started to build up. Sweat came from their heads, as they chanted even faster seeing the seal on the door starting to rip.

With a shout both pointed them index fingers at the seal causing to

tear into pieces and blowing the double door inward. Slowly walking

inside, the two saw a pentagram drawn into the floor and a walnut-

shaped object in the middle.

"Just as Master Karuma said, it's here." said the tall monk gazing at the object

"The seed of evil, sealed by Enno Ozune himself." said the short monk,

"It is time to unleash the powers of darkness."

Hot spring, same time........

"I'm going out to see what's going on." Chiaki said as she rushed out of the hot spring leaving her three friends behind.

"Chiaki!"

"Will you be okay?"

"Be careful!"

Outside.........

Back at the hut, the two monks calmly stepped into the pentagram seal, ignoring the minor electrical charges that they caused. The short monk grabbed the seed of evil and laughed maniacally,

"We did it."

"The power of darkness is ours." the tall monk said as the two laughed, never noticing the seed of evil awakening........

Monastery......

Abbot Jukai was outside gazing at the dark night sky and feeling the evil presence in the sky.

"I feel it. Something.....something powerful is in the air." Jukai said not noticing Kurabayashi coming outside the monastery, looking for him.

"Abbot...." Kurabayashi called out

"What is it?" asked Jukai still looking at the night sky

"Dinner is ready." Kurabayashi announced and went back inside.

"Coming!!!" came the excited response.

Back at the temple.........

Chiaki was running at top speeds easily traversing the forbidden path that lead to the small hut. She gasped when she saw the open doors, that showed no signs of the seed of evil or the two monks. Granny Saki came up the stairs from their house a few seconds later. She saw the aftermath of the monks trespassing and said,

"This...this is horrible. Someone has broken the seal of the seed of evil."

"Seal of the seed of evil?" Chiaki asked her grandmother, they both heard a low growl inside the hut and a shadowy figure charged out and revealed itself.

It was the two monks who were joined together at the neck by the seed of evil. They roared in unison as they chased Chiaki and Granny Saki, who ran down the steps as soon as the duo revealed themselves.

As the two reached the bottom of the steps, they saw that Chiaki's friends were outside, dressed and waiting nervously for Chiaki.

"Chiaki what's wrong?" asked Chiho as she saw the terror-filled face of her friend.

"Go back inside! Stay in the house!" Chiaki shouted as she ran towards her friends to herd them inside the house.

A roar came from behind the pair and the three girls didn't want to find out what made the noise and ran towards the house. But Chiho tripped and fell on the ground shouting in surprise and in fear.

Chiaki looked back at her fallen friend and tried to help her out when the transformed monks came down from the steps at high speeds forcing Chiaki back. The monks hauled Chiho up and the short monk bit her neck.

"Chiho!" shouted Chiaki in horror as she watched her friend fall to the ground a second time.

"Chiho! Chiho!" exclaimed Yui and Miyu in unison as they fainted at what they had seen. Granny Saki noticed Chiho slowly get up and shouted at her,

"Run girl! Run towards us!" but then Granny Saki saw that it was too late when the girl looked at them. Her eyes had a mad gleam in them.

Incisors grew out of her mouth and a trail of drool dripped from it.

"Oh Kami-sama..." Chiaki said as she backed away from her possessed friend and the transformed duo.

Granny Saki drew a spirit ward and chanted then threw it at the possessed girl. The spirit ward burned into nothing before it reached her and the tall monk threw an energy ball at Granny Saki in retaliation. The old woman screamed in pain as the energy ball threw

her back.

"Granny!" shouted Chiaki, who drew out her own wards and prepared to use it on monks when the possessed Chiho lunged at her.

Chiaki screamed in surprise and dodged sideways avoiding the lunge. Her eyes widened in shock when she realized that she wasn't the target but

Yui and Miyu were.

"Noooooo!!!" she shouted as Yui and Miyu stood up, with their faces mirroring that of the possessed Chiho.

"Chiaki..." Granny Saki called out to Chiaki weakly

"Granny!" said Chiaki gazing at her grandmother's bruised and battered form on the ground.

"You...must...run..." said Granny Saki to her granddaughter

"But.." said Chiaki when twin cries of pain attracted her attention, she looked and saw that the monks form was starting to distort and was engulfed in red light.

"No....the seed...has sprouted.." said Granny Saki as she watched in horror as the true powers of the seed was released.

It was big, with dark thick fur covering its body. It had two heads, a wolf and a tiger, and the seed of evil in the middle of its body.

"At last!" proclaimed the wolf head

"After more than a thousand years of suffering..." said the tiger head

"WE ARE FREE!!!" both heads roared out in unison

Chiaki shouted in fear and terror as her possessed friends surrounded and held her in place as the evil beast approached them.

"We are Dabura." said the tiger head

"And you shall have the honor of being our first meal in a thousand

years." said the wolf head.

"No! Help! Help!" Chiaki shouted desperately, she tried to break free but was unable to do so due to the strength her possessed friends had.

Tears flowed down her face as she saw the beast prepare to end her life, in one final desperate act, she shouted with all her might,

"PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!"

As if in response, the stone pillar near them exploded with golden light, bathing the entire area with holy light. Dabura and Chiaki's possessed friends screamed in pain as the light hit them.

Chiaki fell to the ground unable to stop herself from falling as the possessed Yui, Miyu, and Chiho released her and fell to the ground unconscious. She did not notice a golden bracelet inlaid with rubies and a big ruby in the middle of a pentagram on the bracelet, but her grandmother did.

*I-It can't be, the Guardian Bracelet?!* it was then a loud yawn came to her ears and she slowly turned to the source of the sound.

The stone pillar, the holy pillar of Zenki, was destroyed. Only a small portion of the pillar survived and what Granny Saki saw made her blink.

*Is that..Zenki? But he looks so....human.*

She gazed at a young man looking between 20-25 years of age. He had spiky blacky hair with red highlights. He wore a strange red and purple breastplate, white pants, red sash around his waist, and red pointed shoes. A low moan snapped her out of her gaze and she limped towards

her granddaughter.

"Chiaki are you alright?" she asked with concern

"I'm ok Granny Saki..just a little dazed." Chiaki said sitting up and groaned. She looked around her and saw the young man.

"Who's he?" she asked her grandmother

"Well...that is Zenki, you must have summoned him somehow." answered

Granny Saki

"But he looks so..." Chiaki trailed off

"Human?" her grandmother said and Chiaki nodded. Their musings were cut short when Dabura regained his senses and attacked the young man. Both

Chiaki and Granny Saki's eyes widened at what the young man did.

Yawning loudly, Zenki stretched his arms out and tried to straighten himself.

*Stupid old man, wonder what he wants from me this time.* he thought to himself bitterly, he stopped when he sensed an evil presence nearby.

Looking around he saw an old woman and a young girl looking at him with disbelief in their eyes.

*Heh...must be their first time in seeing me.* he moved on and saw a two- headed beast clutching each pair of eyes in pain. The beast shook itself from its momentary confusion, and charged at him.

Dabura hit only air, as Zenki moved at god-speed to avoid the blow.

He jumped up and executed a spin kick hitting both of Dabura's heads.

Dabura howled in pain and unleashed a flurry of blows at Zenki who dodged the deadly swings. He crouched low to avoid another swipe and retaliated with a kick combination.

"Dynamite Kick!" he shouted and hit Dabura in middle with 4 quick, yet powerful spinning kicks and his final spin kick created a small explosion of energy that made Dabura fly several feet back. Zenki was breathing heavily as he finished the combination.

*I'm getting tired, must be from getting awakened and not having rest.* he concluded to himself *If I wanna beat this ugly bastard I'll need the old man to unseal me.* he looked around for Ozune but his senses could no longer feel Ozune's presence.

"Oh damn....." Zenki said as he realized that with the old man dead, he would be forever stuck in the body of a human. He was caught off guard when Dabura knocked him down.

*Stupid! Never take your eyes off your foe!* he berated himself mentally as he used all his strength to avoid being squished by Dabura's foot.

A flash of gold caught his eye and turned his head and saw that the young girl he saw earlier possessed the Golden Bracelet.

*Which means.....* he thought to himself and smirked mentally

"Hey girl, hurry and use the bracelet to release me!" he shouted at the girl

"I don't know how!" came the response. Zenki groaned and he would've pinched the bridge of his nose in annoyance if his life wasn't in danger.

*Who is he?* Chiaki asked herself as the young man beat Dabura down, she could not believe that this young man was Zenki.

She expected a big, hulking demon to be Zenki but not this young, handsome, strong, and hunky piece of man flesh battling the evil beast in front of her. She blushed despite herself and her grandmother just sighed when she saw her granddaughter's face, kids and their hormones these days.

The fight took a turn for the worst, when Dabura knocked the young man down taking advantage of his momentary lapse in concentration. The young man looked at Chiaki and her golden bracelet and shouted,

"Hey girl, hurry and use the bracelet to release me!"

Chiaki looked at her golden accessory, noticing it for the first time, and was at a loss at what to do.

"I don't know how!" she shouted at the young man who merely groaned

Time suddenly stopped and Chiaki heard a voice in her head,

"Look into your heart, young one. There you will find what you are looking for."

Chiaki's eyes widened in recognition of the voice.

*M-Master Ozune?* time resumed its flow once again and she saw that the young man would be killed at any moment. Looking deep within her heart, the words that time had washed away spilled forth from her lips.

"I awaken the guardian spirit!" she shouted as she raised her hand with

the golden bracelet was on, which was starting to glow.

"Unlock the holy spell with the secret sword!" she continued as she drew a star in front of her. The star started to spin and flew towards Zenki engulfing him in white light, which caused Dabura to back away from the blinding light.

The seals of power that encircled Zenki's arms and legs vanished instantly and the last seal on his torso slowly started to crack.

"Break free! Vajura on Ark! Rise up, Zenki!" Chiaki chanted as Zenki cried out in pain as the last seal was torn asunder.

"Break free! Vajura on Ark! Rise up, Zenki!" Chiaki finished her chant as Zenki finished his transformation. As soon as the light died down, Dabura got a fist on one of its face making it stumble back from the power behind the blow.

"The Guardian Zenki has risen again!" Zenki proclaimed as steam rose from his body. Although his human form was tall, his true form was taller still. A golden crown adorned his forehead as looked a little less human and more demonic.

"You are nothing but an old ogre!" said both of Dabura's head in unison as the beast charged towards Zenki once again.

"How dare you challenge me!" Zenki said in anger as he charged towards the beast. He dodged a double swipe and landed a devastating punch at Dabura's lower torso making the beast lurch forward in pain.

"FINISHING STRIKE!!!" he shouted as he followed up with an elbow to Dabura's unprotected back and kicking him into the air before Dabura hit the ground. Zenki launched himself upwards. A long red spike came out of his clenched fist and pointed it in the air, causing lightning to hit it.

"ROUND RIP SABER!!!" with that he slashed downwards cutting Dabura's body in half which quickly disintegrated into ash.

Chiaki was shocked and awed by what she saw. She could only say one word,

"Woah....."

Granny Saki was a bit more cautious as Zenki landed a couple of feet away from them, his back turned to them. In his hand Zenki clutched the seed of evil. He looked at the evil object and crushed it in his hand.

"Evil has no place in this world." he said

*What is he?* she asked herself

Zenki turned around and looked at the two. Now that Ozune was dead and the girl had freed him, he could now go look for Belldandy. But at least he could thank that girl for releasing him. Slowly approaching Chiaki and her grandmother, he bowed at Chiaki,

"Thank you for releasing me."

"What?" came the smart reply.

Zenki sighed and elaborated, "If it wasn't for you, I would be still stuck in that rock and in my human form. For that I thank you." he turned to leave when the bracelet started to glow once again.

"W-what?" said Zenki in surprise "No!" he shouted as he fell to his knees as the bracelet reverted him back to his human form.

"Why?!" he asked himself as he gazed once again at his human hands.

A voice made itself known to the three,

"Chiaki Enno, the threat of darkness has mounted once again and you must finish what I have begun so long ago. With the help of Zenki, rid the world of the darkness the plagues it."

"Ozune-sama." said Granny Chiaki

"Damn you, old man! We had a deal, I help you and you release me! I did my end of the bargain now release me!" shouted Zenki as he raised his fist in the air. The voice never answered back.

"I'll get you for this." said Zenki as visions of giving Ozune a beat down filled his head.

He laughed evilly and remembered that there were other people around. He looked to see that Chiaki and her grandmother were slowly backing away from him with sweat drops on their heads. Rubbing the back of his head nervously, he bowed to them and said,

"Sorry about this........"

*It seems that some habits die hard.* the cloaked figure thought to herself *I hope he can pass his first test.*

His eventual quest to defeat Karuma would be one of his first steps that would lead to the fulfillment of his wish.

*It's just sad that there could be no other way...* the figure thought, gazing out at the seas once again she uttered a line in the prophecy.

"Like a cruel angel without a sense of mercy, he shall rise to the heavens as a living legend."