Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Zenki Fan Fiction ❯ Book One: Heir to the Throne ❯ Demon God Cycle V: Wandering Monk ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Ranma or any other anime or video game that may appear in the story.

** - thoughts

Hellsing Unlimited presents.................



When two shining bodies
Melt together, matrix evolution
Then you'll understand everything
The meaning of your meeting

Can you write the shape of your heart on a piece of paper?
It's something that can change its color in just one second

Do you know what it means to believe?
Your everything is being tested

Courage alone can't reach
In that instant when your fear, too, becomes one

When two shining bodies
Melt together, matrix evolution
The instant everything is fulfilled
Now, it's now!
When two hearts change to zero and
Melt together, matrix evolution
Then you'll understand everything
The meaning of your meeting

If you carve even your hearts with the same rhythm
You should be able to feel the overflowing power

You didn't so much become one in order to fight
Rather you became one in order to understand one another

In the instant when the drops of time that have piled up
Open the door to a miracle

When the power to choose the future
Awakens, matrix evolution
Only you can do it
Now open your eyes!
The answer you've been searching for
Is Realizing, evolution
Joining the shapes of your hearts
Never to be parted again

You don't know what will happen
Together you'll overcome
The fear of the unknown power
Now open your eyes!
When the power to choose the future
Awakens, matrix evolution
Only you can do it
That's the final evolution

When two shining bodies
Melt together, matrix evolution
The instant everything is fulfilled
Now, it's now!
When two hearts change to zero and
Melt together, matrix evolution
Then you'll understand everything
The meaning of your meeting

Chapter 11:

Wandering Monk


The cunning warrior attacks neither the body nor the mind..... but aims for the heart.

-Unknown



My name is Enno Chiaki.

I'm a high school student and fledgling priestess.

One day, I was given the Guardian Bracelet by my ancestor, Enno Ozune.

It gave me the power to release the legendary guardian spirit, Zenki, who was sealed in the Enno Holy Stone.

But he doesn't listen to anything I say!

I've got to figure out a way to make him see that we're supposed to do this together as a team.

After all, I am the 55th generation of my lineage!


On a rainy evening..................


As the night sky blesses the earth with rain, a monk runs through a forest hoping against hope that he will make it on time. His destination: a hidden shrine in the middle of the forest.

Nearing the shrine, the monk sees lightning come down from the sky, destroying the roof of the shrine and blowing its doors outward.

Inside a female figure shrouded by darkness stands in the middle of the destruction caused by the lightning, unaffected by the pouring rain. Moments later the figure disappears in a golden flash of light.

The monk breathes heavily as he stands on the shrine's destroyed doorway, his eyes desperately searching for something in the darkness. He spots a small box pried open with a spirit ward torn in half in front of it.

"Too late." the monk said grimly


Enno Temple Main Hall, Early Morning......................


"It's already autumn." said Granny Saki out loud as she kneeled in front of the small shrine. She took a sip of her tea, "In its thousand years, this temple has seen many peaceful mornings like this. We must be grateful."

She begins to meditate until Chiaki's scream rouses her a few moments later. Running could be heard getting closer and closer until the closed doors of the main hall suddenly opened with Zenki jumping inside as Chiaki, in her school uniform, runs in front of the open doors glaring at Zenki.

"You pervert!!!" Chiaki shouted angrily as she ran inside to unleash some righteous female wrath on Zenki.

"What the heck's you're problem? I said I was sorry!" Zenki shouted back, ignoring Granny Saki who was still kneeling in front of Zenki, "Plus, I hardly saw anything!" Zenki silently cursed his foot in mouth disease as he ran around the main hall as Chiaki gave chase.

"You were spying on me getting changed!" Chiaki said angrily as she tried to hit Zenki with her school bag which Zenki promptly evaded by jumping high into the air and land in front of Granny Saki again.

"Who wants to see a human girl like you naked anyways?" Zenki asked hotly, "I've seen way better!"

Zenki suddenly had a goofy smile on his face as he remembered that one time he was spying on Belldandy, Urd, and other Goddesses when they were bathing in a hot spring. A small trickle of blood went down his nose.

"What?!" Chiaki asked outraged by his offhanded comment, she ignored the demon god's goofy face and his nose bleed, "How dare you!"

"I will never forgive you!" with that battle cry she charged at Zenki accidentally knocking Granny Saki into the ground with a wild swing from her bag.

"Hah! You're too slow to catch me!" Zenki shouted as he shook himself our of his reminiscing and ran out the main hall.

"Zenki, prepare to die!!!" Chiaki shouted, running after the fleeing demon god.

For a few seconds sounds of random things thrown could be heard until Chiaki's wail stopped everything,

"Oh no, I'm going to be late for school!"

Then the sound of feet fading into the distance until silence descends upon the main hall and Granny Saki slowly gets up from the wooden floors.

"It's already autumn." she groaned out loud, "In its thousand years, this temple........."


Justice High, Early Afternoon............


"I'm so tired." said one girl as a group of them headed straight towards the girls locker room, exhausted after a strenuous Gym period.

"Why do we have to practice volleyball so much?" asked another

"Yeah, yeah." said a third

"Chiaki, we're going out after school today," Ako said to Chiaki, "Don't forget!"

"I won't!" replied Chiaki with a smile

"Wait! Wait!" shouted two other girls to the group before them as tried to catch up to them while carrying the volleyballs.


Girl's Locker Room.....................


It was a very noisy atmosphere inside the girl's locker room as the groups of girls in various states of undress were chatting up a storm. Chiaki was buttoning up her uniform when a girl suddenly shrieked,

"Somebody's watching us!" she proclaimed, her arms crossed over her chest as the other girls rushed to the window.

A man in a white lab coat sprinted away before any of the girls could spot him.

"No way!" a girl exclaimed in disbelief as the group of girls scanned outside the window like hawks searching for prey.

"Did you see him?" Ako asked Sayaka, another of Chiaki's friend.

"No, I didn't." Sayaka answered then looked at Chiaki, "How about you, Chiaki? Did you see him?"

"Not even a glimpse." Chiaki replied frowning

"He's gone!" a girl within the group said

Chiaki just sighed to herself and looked at the sky outside the window, *Perverts at home and at school. What's up with that?*


Tennis Court..........................


"Let's go!!!" shouted a trio of on looking girls to their friends playing tennis, cheering them on.

"You can do it!"

"Give it all you've got!"

"Don't give up!"

Unknown to them all, a camera lens hidden in the bushes nearby glinted in the sunlight, the same peeping tom from before was taking panty shots of the tennis players while Chiaki and her friends were passing by the tennis court.

"Ako, you're so careless. You should be more careful!" Sayaka said admonishing her friend.

"But................." Ako said before Chiaki cut her off, pumping a fist in the air.

"Leave it to me!" she said with determination flashing in her eyes, "I swear on my family heirloom, that I will bring the pervert to justice!"

"Here she goes again............" Ako said sighing at her friend's antics when a tennis ball bounced past them.

"Sorry about that, can one of you get the ball please?" one of the tennis players asked the trio.

"No problem!" shouted Chiaki as she ran into the bushes to find the errant ball.

"I thought it was somewhere around here................." Chiaki said as she looked around the foliage.

She noticed the ball a few away from her, "There it is!" she shouted and ran towards it, but tripped when she got close to it. When she fell down, Chiaki heard the sound of a camera going off and turned to see the back of a man running away from her.

"I-I'm going to get you, pervert!" She said angrily as she stood up and gave chase.

Ako and Sayaka heard their friend's angry shouts and looked at each other worriedly.

"Pervert.........................." both said in unison

"Over there." said Ako

"Let's go around the gym." said Sayaka as she ran to help her friend

"Chiaki!" shouted Ako

"Where are you?!" shouted Sayaka

The two never notice Anju watching them silently in the trees above.

Chiaki ran out of the bushes and paused in her chase to take big gulps of air. Looking up she saw a monk with his back turned to her. Mistaking the monk to be the pervert, shouted at him,

"You won't get away from me!" silence greeted her

"Hey you!" she shouted to the monk again but the monk just continued to ignore her, "Hey you!" she shouted once more and got the same results.

"Do you hear me?" Chiaki asked angrily as the monk remained silent to her questions, "A-Are you ignoring me?"

Gathering up her frayed nerves, she reached a hand towards him, "Wait a minute!" she pulled her hand back when the monk turned around and looked at Chiaki with his black shades concealing his eyes. Chiaki could feel that the monk in front of her was glaring at her through his shades.

It had the desired effect on Chiaki who lost her nerve and began to stutter as she pointed a shaking thumb at herself, "D-Do you k-know who I..........." she suddenly gasped when the monk ran past her towards the bushes, "Wait! I'm...........not...........finished........" she said lamely, watching the monk disappear in the bushes.

"Chiaki we found the pervert!" Sayaka shouted from behind Chiaki, who turned around and looked at Sayaka in surprise, "What?"

Chiaki and Sayaka ran towards the gym entrance and saw another group of girls in P.E. uniform with Ako looking down at unconscious pervert.

"You found him?" Chiaki asked Ako who merely nodded and po
inted at the fallen man. Chiaki looked down and recognized the pervert, "Its Miroku- sensei, the biology teacher."

"What's this?" asked one of the girls as she took out some photos from his front pocket and gasped when she saw what was on them.

"We can't trust anyone." said Sayaka as she, Chiaki, and the other girls looked through the photos.

"These are all..........." said Chiaki stunned at what she was looking at.

"What should we do with the pictures and the camera?"

"Let's confiscate them!"

"Let's get rid of them."

"No way, it's our evidence against the creep."

"Let's turn him in."

The group of girls along with Chiaki and her two friends left, leaving the unconscious Miroku on the ground behind.

Later in the afternoon..................................


Anju slowly walked down the empty hallway, her footfalls echoing throughout the silent corridor. She stopped in front of Miroku's biology office and knocked on the door with her gloved hand.

"Excuse me?" she asked softly, "Is Miroku-sensei here?"

"H-Huh?" Miroku said as he woke up from his nap.

"Is Miroku-sensei here?" Anju's voice asked through the door again.

"Y-Yes." Answered Miroku as he stood up and went to open the door.

Enno Temple, Main Hall same time.................

"Afternoon tea is a wonderful thing, Zenki-dono." Granny Saki said pouring some hot tea for Zenki, "And there's nothing like enjoying here in the main hall on the cold wooden floors."

Zenki took the offered cup of tea and finished it all in one gulp. Using his hand to wipe his mouth, he looked at the old woman and asked, "Does tea have some jasmine in it?"

Granny Saki looked surprised for a minute, but them she smiled at him, "Why yes, Zenki-dono how did you know?"

"Someone I know does the same thing." Zenki answered vaguely

Granny Saki sensed that the demon god did not want the subject to be broached any further and opted just to sit and drink hot tea in peace.

Back at the Biology Office..................

"This is for me? Miroku asked Anju while he pointed at the camera on the table, "But why?"

"And who are you?" he asked Anju

"Miroku-sensei, you underestimate your charm around women." said Anju, completely catching Miroku off guard with her answer

"W-What?" Miroku asked as he laughed weakly

"I would love to have someone like you to make good use of this camera." said Anju

"But........." Miroku was still a bit wary of her offer

Anju giggled softly and moved towards Miroku.

"Miroku-sensei.............what are you hesitating for?" Anju asked the teacher as she took a seat in front of him and crossed her legs, "With this camera your dreams will come true."

"Please." she said softly, "Pick up the camera."

Miroku just nodded and slowly brought the camera to his face. The camera's shutter opened to reveal a seed of evil was waiting for him. Miroku fell from his chair as he tried to fight off the seed's grasp. Anju slowly got up from her chair pleased on how easily the human was manipulated and ignored the thrashing teacher on the floor slowly losing his battle against the seed of evil. She left his office and closed the door behind her before his screams started.

Enno Temple, Main Hall......................

Zenki stiffened as he sensed an evil presence in the air and he stood up from his sitting position, completely startling Granny Saki.

"Zenki-dono, what is it?" she asked the still Zenki

"A seed of evil........." Zenki growled as he recognized the familiar evil energy and ran out the main hall and towards Chiaki's school, ignoring Granny Saki shouting for him to stop.


Biology Office.................


Miroku slowly stood up from the floor, as his now hideous face smiling in an insane way,

"I must take pictures."

"More pictures." his glasses glinting in an unnatural light

"Pictures." he held up his right hand, which was now fused with the demonic camera, "With this camera, I must take pictures."


Tennis Court.........................


Miroku laughed maniacally as he took aim with his demonic camera at the tennis players talking and resting in the court, unaware of the looming danger in the bushes.

"Hey girls, what do you say we take some pictures and have some fun?"

Three tennis players were chatting amongst themselves as they put away the net when one of them suddenly disappears causing the other two to drop the net in shock and surprise. Before either girl could say anything, another one of them disappeared and the last girl could only scream in fright as she too, disappeared.

The same girl suddenly appeared in a very dark place and she couldn't see anything around her, "Where am I?"

She even couldn't see her hand in front of her face. She looked up and saw Miroku's ugly visage in front of her and shrieked in terror.

Miroku merely grinned as he looked at the girls trapped within the pictures produced by his camera, "What a wonderful camera." He ignored the pleas of help coming from the photos.

But he wasn't finished just quite yet. He took more pictures, trapping more girls within the prison of a photograph. By the time it was over, not a single soul remained in the tennis court. A little while later, he did the same thing to the girls inside the girl's locker room. He cradled his precious photos to his chest,

"You're all mine now." he said while walking away from the window that lead into the girl's locker room, "We'll be together forever."


Later on................


Standing over a garbage basket, Miroku dropped photos of boys trapped within them to join with the other trash.

"Help!"

"What's going on?!"

Miroku frowned as he looked down on them, "You boys are too immature to be around my girls. You belong in the garbage." he walked away as another mad grin appeared on his face, "But I want more girls."


Outside Justice High.....................


Zenki popped out of a nearby bush and jumped towards the gates of the school, grinning in anticipation,

"It's here. I can smell the seed of evil." his grin was replaced with a frown; "You can't hide from me and when I find you, prepare to face oblivion." He then ran towards the school.


Inside.........................


"Ako hurry!" said Sayaka as she waited for her friend outside the classroom, "Chiaki's waiting for us down by the lockers."

"Sorry, sorry." Ako said as she stepped out of the empty classroom, "Thanks for waiting."

As the two friends were walking down the hallway, occasionally giggling as they exchanged some gossip, Ako turned around when she heard her keys fall to the ground. Ako frowned in thought as she kneeled to grab her fallen keys.

Sayaka noticed her friend's frown and asked, "What's wrong, Ako?"

"Hey, Sayaka.............." Ako said slowly, straining her ears to hear for signs if there were people still in the building

"What is it, Ako?" Sayaka asked

"Isn't it a little strange................" Ako elaborated as she couldn't hear any sound at all.

"Strange?" asked Sayaka once again as she was still oblivious to the silence throughout the school.

"Everyone should still be in school but...............it's dead quiet........." Ako said with a hint of fear in her voice.

"You're right............" Sayaka said after straining her ears to try to pick up any sound also, "It is.............."

The two girls suddenly felt a cold chill creep down their spines

"Sayaka......................" Ako said standing up, shaking with fear

"I don't like this!" Sayaka said as she grabbed one of Ako's arms

"Oh? There are still some cuties left." a voice down the darkened hallway in front of them.

"Who's there?!" both frightened girls shouted in unison.

Miroku slowly revealed himself to the frightened girls, an insane smile adorning his hideous face.

"Ako, Sayaka..................." Chiaki called out as she came up the stairs looking for her two friends, "What are they........................"

Suddenly a scream echoes down a corner to the right of Chiaki, snapping her out of her thoughts.

"What was that?" Chiaki asked

"Ako, Sayaka..................." she murmured before steeling herself, "AKO, SAYAKA!" Chiaki ran down towards the corner where the scream came from and collided into someone.

"That hurt.............." groaned Chiaki, rubbing her sore bottom, she became concerned when she saw Ako in front of her on the floor, trembling with fear.

"Ako, Ako! It's me, Chiaki!" her trembling friend looked at Chiaki before crying on her shoulder.

"Chiaki! Chiaki! Sayaka......................Sayaka.......................Help!" Ako said between sobs.

"What! What happened to Sayaka?!" Chiaki frantically asked the crying Ako, "Ako, what happened?" that's when she heard footsteps coming closer and looked up, she saw Miroku leering at them.

"Oh look, another one..................."

"Miroku-sensei!" Chiaki said in surprise as she stood up with Ako.

"No." said Chiaki as she saw Miroku licking his lips, "It's not the usual Miroku-sensei." Ako's eyes widened when she saw Miroku point his demonic camera at them.

"Run, Chiaki!" shouted Ako as she pushed her friend away from the camera's view, she screamed as white light engulfed her and disappeared as the camera went off.

Chiaki took a step back as Miroku rounded the corner and held up two pictures.

"Look, your friends are right here."

"What's going on?" asked Chiaki

"Now it's your turn!" Miroku said as he prepared to take a picture of Chiaki

He was caught off guard when Chiaki lunged at him, tackling him down to the floor before she scrambled up and ran away. She ran as fast as she could and went into the first door she opened and locked it behind her. Chiaki collapsed on her knees still holding the locked door knob, trying to catch her breath.

She looked at her surroundings, "Where am................." her eyes widened in terrible realization, "Oh no................of all places to hide, I hide in his office."

"Help me!" a voice called out from behind her, Chiaki turned around and walked towards the darkness, she saw the pictures of the girls that Miroku had captured with his camera.

"Please help!"

"Help!"

"Someone please save us!"

"Let me out!"

"What?" asked Chiaki backing away from the living pictures, her back hitting against a chair when another door opened.

"What do you think?" Miroku asked her, "They're all mine and you will be too."

Chiaki ran towards the other door she had locked earlier and tried to open it as Miroku slowly approached her,

"You'll be part of my collection too."

"Get away!" shouted Chiaki, her back against the locked door, sealing her fate.

"I'll take your picture for you." Miroku said as he raised his camera and took a picture. Chiaki screamed as the light engulfed her and blinked when nothing happened.

"Why?" Miroku asked angrily as he looked at his camera, "Why can't I make you mine?" he saw the counter on his camera indicating zero, "...............no film..........."

Chiaki used his momentary distraction to open the door and ran out of his office as Miroku slowly followed behind her. Chiaki ran up the stairs until she burst into the top of the school, she looked behind her and screamed as she saw Miroku's figure bathed in darkness with his glasses glinting right behind her. She ran forward once again, only to trip and fall down.

"I'll be a minute." said Miroku not noticing the big bump that suddenly formed on his right shoulder.

*Miroku-sensei's possessed...............* thought Chiaki as her eyes widened in surprise at what that could mean, *Could it be a seed of evil?*

"I summon you, Zenki!" she shouted, raising up the Guardian Bracelet in the air which glowed with golden light before depositing Zenki in front of her.

"The monster's in front of you, Zenki!" Chiaki shouted

"Stop stating the obvious, Chiaki!" Zenki shouted back

"Who the hell are you?!" Miroku asked surprised by Zenki's sudden appearance

*Damn, I'm already t
oo late.* Zenki thought grimly, *He's been possessed by the seed!*

"Out of my way!!!" Miroku shouted angrily as he lunged towards Zenki

Zenki merely countered the mad teacher's lunge with a somersault kick that lifted him high up into the air.

"Lock on!"

Jumping on top of an air-conditioning vent, Zenki initiated his attack with a lightning fast flying kick.

"FINAL!!!"

Using the fence surrounding the top of the school building like a spring board, Zenki landed more lightning fast kicks on Miroku, lifting the possessed man higher and higher into the air.

"ATOMIC!!!"

Zenki's attacks went from lightning fast to god speed as numerous cuts and slashes appeared on Miroku's body, shredding his uniform. At the height of Zenki's attack, he locked his knees on Miroku's
head and did a vertical 180 in the air.

"BUSTER!!!"

Zenki slammed Miroku head first into the top of the building, creating a crater from a 30 foot modified knee drop which imbedded the teacher's head into the concrete floor.

"Amazing.................." muttered an awed Chiaki, temporarily forgetting who she was talking about.

"Feh, how weak....................didn't even need to be unsealed." Zenki said arrogantly as he stood up, dusted himself, and walked towards Chiaki, but stopped when he felt a familiar presence he had not felt after he was released from the Enno Holy Stone.

Soft laughter echoed around them, "Bell?" Zenki asked softly, recognizing the voice.

"Now is the time for you to unleash your desire!" Anju announced as she threw a disgusted look at the fallen Miroku, "Evil Beast Naga!" she started chanting and held out a hand towards Miroku's body as purple lightning came down from the sky and struck the possessed man's body, freeing his head from the floor.

"It hurts!!!" Miroku roared in absolute agony

He hunched over as spines burst free from his back.

"Help!" he screamed for one final time before a huge monster broke free from his corrupted flesh

"We're in trouble." said Zenki as he looked up at the huge evil beast

"I'm going to eat you alive!" Naga shouted as the beast's huge tail opened to reveal rows of huge, razor sharp teeth. Naga's pink hair elongated and formed into long spikes that tried to impale Chiaki

"Zenki!!!" shouted Chiaki as she wildly dodged the deadly spikes, "Don't just s
tand there, help me!"

"Kurae
!" shouted Zenki as he threw an energy ball at huge demon's back diverting its attention to Zenki, giving enough time for Chiaki to turn around and hold out the Guardian Bracelet.

"I awaken the guardian spirit!" she shouted as she raised her hand with the golden bracelet was on, which was starting to glow.

"Unlock the holy spell with the secret sword!" she continued as she drew a star in front of her. The star started to spin and flew towards Zenki engulfing him in white light, which caused Naga to be blinded by the intense light.

The seals of power that encircled Zenki's arms and legs vanished instantly and the last seal on his torso slowly started to crack.

"Break free! Vajura on Ark! Rise up, Zenki!" Chiaki chanted as Zenki cried out in pain as the last seal was torn asunder.

"Break free! Vajura on Ark! Rise up, Zenki!" Chiaki finished her chant as Zenki finished his transformation.

Before Naga could recover from being partially blinded by the light, Zenki landed on Naga's torso, sending the beast straight through the floor.

"Who dares get in the Great Serpent's way?" Naga asked angrily, getting up from the demolished floor.

"The Guardian Zenki has risen." Zenki proclaimed with his arms crossed over his chest.

Anju, who was hovering in the air silently watching the battle was struck with a strange feeling upon looking at the demon god, *
Why does my heart ache as if…*

"It's time to finish what I started." Zenki stated seriously, "It's unfortunate that you have to feel my full power!"

"Damn you!" shouted Naga going in for the attack, his massive tail knocking Chiaki completely off the top of the building.

Chiaki screamed as she fell to what would be her certain death, if not for the monk who came out of nowhere and caught the screaming girl. He landed lightly on his feet, slowly putting Chiaki down on the ground who weakly uttered,

"Help................."

The monk looked at the hovering figure of Anju who was busily contemplating about the strange feeling within her when she saw Zenki. With a shout, he threw his huge beads at her, but she teleported away before it hit.

"Wait, Anju!!!" he shouted, running after Anju leaving behind Chiaki as she slowly stood up from where she lay.

"Die!!!" shouted Naga as the beast slammed him into the ground while gripping Zenki's neck. Gritting his teeth, Zenki stood up despite the weight being pressed down upon him by Naga and made a swiping motion with his left hand.

The effect was instantaneous. Naga's right arm that was holding him down was severed at the elbow.

"You think this is enough to do me in?" Zenki asked Naga sarcastically, while he gathered energy in his finger.

"You bastard!" Naga snarled, "I'm going to eat you for severing my right arm!" his tail mouth opened and it gave off a cry before rushing towards
the demon god. Zenki smirked and jumped up over the lunging mouth and used it to hand spring towards Naga's body.

He landed in front of Naga's torso and pointed his finger at the huge eye in the middle of the beast's body,

"REI GUN!!!"

Naga gave off one last scream before being engulfed by the explosion of power and left no trace that the beast ever existed except for the smoking seed of evil on the ground, which Zenki promptly crushed underneath his foot.

"Oblivion awaits you................."

With Naga's defeat, the demonic magic holding the girls and boys captive disappeared thus freeing them from their prison. Chiaki came running out the stairs and saw Zenki, back in human form, looking at the setting sun and sighed in relief.

"At least its over." she said happily but then sported a thoughtful look on her face.

*But I wonder who saved me back there? Who?* Chiaki thought to herself as she went back into the building to see if Ako and Sayaka were safe and sound. She never noticed Zenki's face deep in thought.

*Was that Bell's voice I heard?* thought Zenki as he tried to sort out the confusion in his mind, *Or have I missed her for so long that I'm starting to hear things?*

"It doesn't matter......." Zenki said sadly to himself as he headed back towards the temple, before anyone could spot him

"My path is forever strewn with corpses..................."


I never really feel quite right
I don't know why, all I know is there's something wrong
Every time I look at you, you seem so alive

Tell me how do you do it, walk me through it
I'm following every footstep

Baby on your own you take a cautious step
Do you wanna give it up?

But all I want is for you to SHINE
Shine down on me
Shine on this life that's burning out

I say a lot of things sometimes that don't come out right
And I act like I don't know why
I guess a reaction is all I was looking for

You looked through me, you really knew me like no one has EVER looked
before

Baby on your own you take a cautious step
Do you wanna give it up?

But all I want is for you to SHINE
Shine down on me
Shine on this life that's burning out

I know, I know, girl you got something

SHINE
shine it on to me
Shine down on me
I wanna feel it
Shine on this life that's burning out

Baby on your own you take a cautious step
Do you wanna give it up?

But all I want is for you to SHINE
Shine down on me
just show me something
Shine on this life that's burning out
you give me something that I never know

Shine
It's gonna kill me if you give something away
Shine yeaaah
I wanna know what's going in on your mind
Shine on this life that's burning out