Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Storm Warning-Part 2 ❯ Chapter 12

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

This story contains scenes of explicit sex, naughty words, and other horrible, offensive things.  If you are underage in you house, village, town, city, community, state, province, country, or continent: READ NO FURTHER!  If that type of thing offends your tender sensibilities, or you are stupid: READ NO FURTHER!  All characters are the copyright of their respective creators and/or owners; no copyright infringement is intended by this story.  Any resemblance to people, places, or situations alive, dead, or otherwise is purely coincidental.
 
Chapter 12
 
The Next Day, Mid-Morning
 
“Yes? May I help you?”
 
“Yeah,” Tank answered the small Pokegirl at the information counter of Gash's central PokeGym. Looking her over he figured she was probably a Torch Chick considering her bright red hair, dark brown skin, topless state and the small breasts with rather large nipples she was sporting. “I'd like to apply for a Gym battle.”
“OK, sir. What level?”
 
“First level, please.”
 
The Pokegirl paused at this, “You do realize that it is the Gym Master's choice whether or not to except personal challenges, don't you sir?”
 
“Yes, I know.”
 
“And that there is a one hundred credit fee for application? And that it is non-refundable?”
 
“Yes, I know.”
 
“Very well, sir. Please place your Pokedex in the slot.” Tank did as the Pokegirl had requested and waited while she pushed a few buttons on the console in front of her. The Torch chick frowned as she looked at the information scrolling by on the screen in front of her. She looked up at the human, a doubtful expression on her face; “Your name is Tank, sir?”
 
“Yes, that's right,” Tank fought back a sigh, knowing what was coming next.
 
“And you only have one badge, sir? From Permafrost? Is that right, sir?”
 
“Yes, that's right.”
 
The Torch Chick looked at the muscular teenager silently for a few moments as she obviously tried to figure out what she wanted to say. Finally she spoke, “With all due respect, sir. One badge…Well, one badge generally isn't enough for the Gym Master to…to…”
 
“To consider fighting me?” Tank suggested.
 
“Well…yes, sir. That's about right.”
 
“But there's no requirement that I have more badges to request a Gym battle, is there?” As the Pokegirl's fiery red hair shook back and forth, Tank went on; “So it's OK for me to apply, isn't it?”
 
“Yes,” The Torch Chick agreed reluctantly. “And if the Gym Master declines to fight you, you'll be given the option of one of the two lower level battles, depending on the Gym Master's recommendation. But…I've never seen the Gym Master accept an applicant with only one badge before, so really…”
 
“Well, I'd still like to apply for a first level Gym battle.”
 
The Pokegirl gave an aggrieved sigh and shrugged her shoulders as if to say `If you want to waste you money it's no business of mine.' Not exactly the best way to start a contest with one of the best Harem Masters in the Great White League, Tank thought as he completed the application process.
 
A Few Hours Later
 
Tank drummed his fingers on the table in front of him as he waited in the same rather dreary room in the Gash central police office that he had been in a few days earlier for his interview with Investigator Collins. This time he had been escorted into the room by a blushing, bespectacled Officer Jenny to wait for the League Investigators who had apparently arrived in Gash recently. Tank's patience was wearing rather thin by the time the door finally opened to admit Investigator Collins and two newcomers.
 
One was clearly human; a man wearing a pair of jungle BDU pants and a dark green tank top. His exposed physique was quite muscular and on his left bicep was a tattoo of the World Pokegirl League. He had blue eyes that immediately focused on Tank as he stood up to greet him and his light blonde hair was cut in a flat-top fashion.
 
His companion was clearly female, but Tank wasn't sure whether she was a human or Pokegirl. She had brown hair and eyes and was dressed in a rather strange dark blue dress marked with yellow designs, the cut of which reminded Tank of the type of clothes he had seen worn by Amazonchans and some other Fighting Pokegirls. The dress left her lovely, yet clearly strong limbs exposed and that fact along with black leather bracelets she wore that were studded with metal spikes made Tank incline to believe she was a Pokegirl. Human or Pokegirl, however, she was undoubtedly very beautiful.
 
“This is Special Agent Guile and his…partner, Chun-Li.” Tank shook hands with the two, guessing from Investigator Collins's pause that he too wasn't sure whether the woman, Chun-Li, was a Pokegirl or not. Everyone quickly settled down around the room's only table and the police officer continued, “As I said before these are the two investigators from the League Office and they have a few questions for you.”
“All right,” Tank agreed. “But I'm not too sure how much more I can add than I already told you.”
 
“Well, let's just see what we can see, all right,” Guile suggested in a deep, self-assured voice. “Now why don't you tell us about the ambush? From the top.” Tank sighed, but proceeded to retell the story, again. For the most part the two let him explain what happened, but occasionally they interrupted to ask a question, drawing out further details from him.
 
“All right then,” Guile commented when Tank had finished and they had asked all the questions they wanted of him. The blonde-haired investigator placed a thick binder in front of the teenaged Tamer and gestured for him to open it. While Tank did so, the older man explained, “This is a list of various human and Pokegirl criminals we'd like you to take a look through. If you see any that seem similar to the ones that jumped you, let us know.”
 
Tank nodded his head in comprehension as he looked at the first page of the notebook. It appeared each page had four photos along with names and short descriptions of each individual. Frowning, Tank reached down to where he kept his Pokeballs, but his hand froze when he noticed the sudden tension and stillness in the room. Lifting both of his hands slowly into open view he saw that Investigator Collins already had some kind of energy pistol half-pulled from a shoulder holster while Guile's and Chun-Li's postures both seemed to indicate that they were a hairs-breadth from leaping over the table and knocking the shit out of him.
 
“Look. I just want to get my Alpha so she can look over the photos too, OK?” Tank explained. “After that big guy hit me, I was kinda out of it. Besides, I never really got a good look at any of the members of the group who attacked us from behind or those Pokegirls who were fighting above us. It was Washu who was the one who pretty much gathered up all the knocked out Pokegirls and was in charge of the fight at the rear. She'll be able to identify a lot more of them then me. All right?”
 
Tank's explanation quickly cleared the air and everyone relaxed. “Sorry about that,” Investigator Collins said with a smile as he tucked away his gun. “We're all a little tense here today. Go ahead and take out your Alpha.”
 
Washu appeared in a flash of red light, now back in her customary child-like form. She was smiling, her mouth open to ask Tank a question, but when she noticed the official environment she was in, she immediately assumed a mask-like expression. Her Tamer quickly explained the situation and the two of them began leafing through the dossier on the table. Whenever they would point out someone, Collins and Chun-Li would make a note of it. As Tank had surmised, Washu was the one who was best able to identify the various attackers, both due to her role in the fight as well as her superior intelligence and observational skills.
 
“I think that's all of `em,” Tank said with a sigh almost a half-an-hour later, closing the folder and pushing it across the table towards the League officials while Washu assumed the pose of a quiet, obedient Pokegirl at his side. “But I don't know why you wanted us to do this. Couldn't you just ask the ones we captured? That'd've been a whole lot easier.” Tank paused at the suddenly high tension levels in the room. What'd I do this time?!!
 
Again, it was Investigator Collins who broke the silence. “Well, Tank, we would certainly like to do that. The problem is; someone broke into the high-security facility where we were keeping the humans and Pokegirls you captured. They either killed or broke out all of them, so you're the only source of information we've got.”
 
“Oh. Uh…Does that mean I have to return the reward and finders fee I got for Team Shred?” Noticing the strange looks he was getting from Collins, Guile, and Chun-Li, the young Tamer rushed to explain. “I mean, not to be selfish or anything, but…You know, I really need those credits.”
 
Investigator Collins shook his head, a small smile quirking his lips. “No, you don't have to worry, Tank. You can keep the money. It's just that it makes our jobs a little more difficult.”
 
“Not as difficult as I'm gonna make breathing as soon as I track down those sons of…” Guile's growling anger was quickly soothed by his beautiful partner, but Tank and his Alpha still regarded him with leery eyes. From the League Agent's face he was angry enough to do some major damage and only worry afterwards if it was property or people that got destroyed.
 
“Is that all then?” Tank finally asked.
 
His simple question was met by an exchange of looks among the three older officials. Somewhat surprisingly it was Chun-Li who spoke first, her voice clear and a bit higher in tone than the teenager had expected. “Tank, the ones who were killed in the attack last night were the two human male and four Pokegirl members of Team Shred. All the other Pokegirls were taken away, presumably alive.”
 
“Yeah, so?”
 
“So, we think they're part of a larger group. One which uses the various criminal groups like Team Shred in different Leagues like pawns in a chess game.” The attractive League Agent gestured to the thick binder Tank had just been looking through. “As you can see we've been keeping tabs on them for a while; trying to work our way through the fringe groups to the center. The League has the personnel, the skills, the technology, the heart to defeat such threats. What it sometimes lacks is the knowledge to precisely target exactly where and what it should attack. That's where we think you can help us.”
 
“Me?!” Tank looked at the three officials across from him in surprise. “Why me? I've already told you everything I know.”
 
This time it was Guile who answered him. “Look. Like Chun-Li said; we've been after these guys for a while. A long while. I've lost people. Humans. Pokegirls. Fellow agents. Friends. All trying to track down and eliminate these bastards. And I'll tell you right now, I've never seen so many of these fuckers all in one place at one time for such a small attack. Just to take out one measly little beginning Tamer. So we gotta wonder why. Why is it that such a big, secretive criminal group has the hots for you, Tank?”
 
“I don't know!” Tank glared across the table. “Maybe it's `cause I got some rare Pokegirls like Asuka or Kodachi! Maybe it's `cause I got some unique ones like Washu here! I! Fucking! Don't! Know!” Tank punctuated each of those last words with a fist slam to the table. Slams that gained in strength with his anger until they were causing the sturdily constructed metal table to groan alarmingly. Washu draped her arms around her Tamer trying to calm him, an effort that was at least partially rewarded. His following words were slightly calmer, but still loaded with wrath. “Look. These guys attacked us. We fought back. We won. We turned them into you guys. It ain't our fault that you couldn't keep them. We've done everything we're supposed to. We've answered your questions. If you got an accusation to make, then let's hear it!!”
 
There was a dead silence for several minutes after that last ringing statement; a silence only eventually broken by Investigator Collins. “No one's accusing anyone of anything, Tank. We're all a bit on edge. I'm sure Agents Guile and Chun-Li didn't mean to sound like they were suspecting you of anything. They were just hoping for some more information. If you've told us everything you know, then you're free to go on your way. We're all friends here, right? Right. So thank you very much for your time and good luck in the future, Tank.”
 
“Yeah, whatever.” Tank got to his feet still glowering at the older people in the room. “Let's go, Washu. I think we're done here.”
 
“Let me get someone to show you the way.” Investigator Collins got to his feet and opened the door to bellow, “BECKY!” In quick response the same red-faced Officer Jenny who had brought Tank into the police station appeared to escort him and his Alpha out. Seeing Washu, the Pokegirl's face glowed even brighter, causing the young Tamer's Alpha to frown in speculation, but it went unnoticed by the others in the room.
 
As the door closed behind the muscular teen, Guile pursed his lips. “I don't trust him. He knows more than what he's saying.”
 
“That's for sure,” Chun-Li agreed with her partner. “I'd especially like to know how he got two unique Pokegirls after only being a Tamer for five or six months. And what's with his Alpha? She looks more like a Pokekit than a Pokegirl!”
 
“She doesn't always look like that,” Investigator Collins mumbled, half to himself as his mind replayed the tape he and his Pokegirls had recorded the day before from Tank's hotel room.
 
“What's that?” Guile looked over at Collins questioningly.
 
“Oh, nothing.”
 
“I somehow doubt that,” Chun-Li looked at her partner, a smile gracing her lovely lips. “I think our local contact is holding out on us, Guile.”
 
“I certainly hope that's not true, Chun-Li,” A slightly more sinister smile took form on her blonde-haired partner's face. “Holding out on us could be…unpleasant.” The cracking noise the League Agent made with his nickels brought to mind the breaking of bones and other abhorrent sounds.
 
“Well…” Collins admitted nervously. “I did happen to…chance across a little bit of information on our friend. Nothing that could be admitted as evidence,” he hastened to admit. “But…suggestive.”
 
“And can we have a look at this information you…accidentally got?” Guile asked. Collins quickly presented a transcript of the illegal bugs he had put in Tank's room and waited as the two League Agents swiftly read through it. When they were done, both were frowning in thought. It was Chun-Li who spoke up first.
 
“This gives us even more questions than we had before!” She complained. “Like what are these `Gems' his Alpha's talking about?”
 
“And the thing they have to keep secret,” her partner added, crumpling the paper in frustration. “Aaaarrrghhh!! I just want to find these fuckers and kick the ever lovin'…!”
 
“I don't know,” Collins admitted as he quickly removed the fragile pages from the hands of the hot-headed League Agent. “Yet.”
 
“Well, I think we're all agreed we need to keep this Tank under close observation,” Chun-Li remarked.
 
“Definitely,” Guile agreed.
 
“Most assuredly,” Collins seconded.
 
“And you'll keep us informed of any information you happen to…stumble across, right?” Guile looked at Investigator Collins with an upraised eyebrow.
 
“Yes! Of course!” The police officer quickly reassured his companions. “Actually the Chief has just put me on a special assignment, so…” he trailed off suggestively.
 
“Excellent,” Chun-Li summed up. “So we'll be counting on you to keep us up to date on Tank's actions while Guile and I pursue various…other directions in this investigation.”
 
Meanwhile on the streets of Gash, Washu was having to almost jog to keep up with her still fuming Tamer. Eventually, however, she saw his shoulders relax and heard him let out a puff of breath as he visibly tried to calm himself. Simultaneously, he slowed his pace, allowing his Alpha to stay beside him more easily. Just as they were turning onto the street that led to their hotel, Tank suddenly spoke up.
 
“Washu?”
 
“Yes, Tank?”
 
“Do you have any kind of endurance enhancer or anything like that?”
 
“You mean like the Stamina Potions you can get at PokeCenters?”
 
“Yeah. But stronger.”
 
“Uh, I don't think I have anything like that right off hand, but I can probably make something pretty quickly. Especially if I'm able to get some basic ingredients.”
 
“What will you need? And how soon can you make it?”
 
“Well…I'll probably be able to use the standard potions as a base so I'll need some of them. Some Berries, fresh ones of course, will also come in handy. And some other stuff. It shouldn't take too long. Why? What's the rush?” Washu looked at her young Tamer questioningly.
 
Tank was rubbing his scalp as he customarily did when in deep thought. “I've been thinking about what you said earlier,” he finally responded to his Alpha. “About Asuak and Kodachi. You're right; it's past time since I straightened those two out. And since I just applied for a match with Gym Master Goto…”
 
“What!?”
 
“Yeah. `Course, I don't know if he'll decide to fight us or not. After all, we've only got one badge. That's pretty pitiful to be fighting him. But even if he turns us down we'll at least be taking on one of his sub-Masters. So I think we'd better get Asuka and Kodachi squared away as soon as possible. Like, tomorrow, if we can.”
 
“Tomorrow?!” Washu shook her head. “I don't know, Tank. I'll do my best, but…”
 
Tank clapped his Alpha on the shoulder, causing her to stagger forward a few steps as they entered the hotel and earning him one of her glowers. But his intention was entirely directed internally so he completely missed it. “Your best…That's all any of us can ask of ourselves, Washu.”