Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 37 ( Chapter 37 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Radamanthys sat in the study, looking down at the table in front of him.

He didn't want to know how high the rain was know... at least knee-deep... maybe worse. He hoped Pandora would-

"Finished!"

He looked up as his wife came into view from her workshop. She slid a small, black bracelet across the table, smiling.

"Okay. That should do it... I couldn't make a Pandora Box for a whole person... but that should do the same kind of job."

"Thanks. I'll make all speed for the coastline now." He stood up, wishing he had his Surplice... but he opened the door to the rest of the house and ran off.

A few moments later, he reached the entrance, wondering how bad the rain would be when he opened the door... but he didn't have time to worry, really.

He opened it, surprised to see four men standing in front of him... one of which was a burly and hairy man, two more were moderate-sized with short brown hair, and the last was somebody Minos had mentioned.

"The Pandora Box..." Alexi Rodyle said as he held a gun straight to Radamanthys's head. "You will tell me how to break it... or I will kill you and your wife."

Radamanthys seemed unmoved by the act... instead he smirked. "You know... one of the Substitute Judges for Lord Hades is an Egyptian... his name is really similar to yours... it's Alessi Sethan. Of course... he's much stronger than you."

Rodyle growled, pulling the trigger... but then blinked.

Radamanthys had vanished...

"Boss..." said one of the other men.

"What is it, Ulir?!?" Alexi roared as he turned around, suddenly shocked to see Radamanthys standing there, raising his hand up and grinning as he opened it.

"You dropped this..." In his hand was the bullet that Alexi had fired... and things only got worse for the four.

The black, burning image of a Wyvern appeared behind Radamanthys as he grinned at the four. "Now... behold the power of the Wyvern of the Celestial Fierce Star...

"GREATEST CAUTION!"

Not to far away, Pandora smirked at the sound of an explosion.

Some people just didn't know to pick their fights.
_
Shinji grinned sadistically as Charybdis looked at him... blood still spewing out of his heart...

"Berserker form..." Shinji stated, his eyes taking on a maddened look. "It doesn't matter what damage occurs on my body, my ability to fight will not be harmed in the slightest. And in addition, Project Tear now begins testing each and every one of my cells."

"I get it," Charybdis answered, "So you get stronger and stronger the more of you I kill." She grimaced in frustration... this would be hard.

Yet Sea Dragon charged, cursing the water that was rising constantly... already up to the middle of her thighs. Trying to trick him by condensing all of Gram into her fingers wouldn't work any more, but a Kairyunagi could probably demolish him.

Shinji sprang to the side, rebounding off a building and shooting at Chary from the side, his arms flailing out at her. The Mariner countered as best she could, jumping into the air and kicking Shinji in the side of the head, grinning at the sound of bones cracking.

Shinji's head actually was snapped as he recoiled away, splashing back into the water, yet he really didn't mind, standing up afterwards and turning his head straight.

"That didn't hurt much," Shinji mused as a Reppu Kairyunagi smashed into him, knocking the Ikari through an entire building. He rose to his feet and charged, his tongue lolling out the side of his head as he dodged Chary's strike with her fingers before pummeling her gut.

Chary was sent flying into a building as well, Shinji licking the blood on his arms as she rose to her feet.

"My father, rest his soul, poured everything into me and Athena during our initial testing... each Hakkeshu was born in a test-tube, trained to be an assassin since birth. Surprisingly, that's not too long ago... we were conceived about six months ago as the final nail in the coffin to drive Ambrosia to madness. But me... oh, he spent so much on my abilities and strength... the power of the Orochi head of Insanity knows no peer."

"And... why tell me all this?" Chary groaned as she looked at him, wincing and feeling her side. He hit like nothing before... neither Myu or Sigurd had been so forceful.

Shinji shrugged before chuckling with a mad tone to his voice. "Heh... why the bloody hell not? You're going to die anyways. And then I'm going to pry Rei out of Kanon's cold, dead grip, use her as persuasion so Sanctuary doesn't attack me... and then kill the Coronas. Ambrosia will forget her shadows of restraint, and since I can generate T-series Plagas too... she'll be the perfect tool."

"You're sick," Chary said, taking a deep breath and pulling back for another Kairyunagi. "You're just utterly insane."

Shinji smiled and bowed. "Thank you. That was my duty. I doubt even my father expected me to kill him, however... although progress must be made, no matter who the test subject is."

He sprang into the air, firing a flurry of yellow lasers done. "SERAPHIM WING FLURRY!"

Dammit! Chary thought as she tried to move. The water's just too high up and...

One beam grazed her arm. She hissed in pain, clutching her left arm while looking up at Shinji as he descended.

"You can't possibly win... I keep saying it, you just don't believe it. After all... you can barely keep up with me!"

Chary shook her head and then matched Shinji's insane smile. "Oh... you are SO wrong..." She raised up her right hand, striking down with the legendary sword Gram.

"THAT WON'T WORK ON ME!" Shinji said, not understanding Charybdis's goal as she slashed down, sending a cutting wave through the water and giving her the room to charge in.

Shinji's mouth was clamped shut as a forceful uppercut hit his chin, a ripple appearing across the length of Chary's forearm.

"Reppu... KAIRYUNAGI!"

Shinji was blown away into a wall, hitting it and falling back into the water. He rose slowly, the look of shock and horror on his face as he looked at his enemy.

"What's the matter? You psychos like it when your victims fight back... right?"

Pulling the shards of glass from the back of his head, Shinji licked the blood from his mutilated arms before laughing at Chary.

"So you're thinking something as pathetic as a ripple in the space-time continuum can kill me? In case you haven't noticed, my body is getting stronger as you kill it... it won't be long until I represent the pinnacle of human evolution!"

Charybdis shrugged. "You're nothing but talk..." Her entire body ached, but she charged again. She sprang left and then right, dodging a pair of energy bolts fired by Shinji before retaliating with a Kairyunagi. This time he only slid back a few feet and immediately rammed into Chary.

"Scream for me," Shinji said as his hands rammed into Charybdis's head. Her vision suddenly grew dizzy as Shinji punched her in a gut. "Tracks 25 and 26!" He shouted, hammering Charybdis with his hands, smashing her into another building.

Before she had even begun slumping down, he materialized below her, uppercutting her into the air. Chary still couldn't get her bearings straight, and Shinji was getting stronger by the second...

"DIE, BITCH!" Shinji shouted as he sprang above her, planted his feet into her back, and pounding her into the water. Red blood trickled out, mixing with the water as Shinji looked down at her nigh-lifeless body...

It was over.
_
Franziska had never rode a roller coaster before, but with Aiacos literally running down the Nerve Industries building, sprinting as fast as he could to dodge the shrapnel as the entire building began its tragically cliche'd self-destruction, she had a pretty good idea.

It was a shame her view was directed upwards, preventing her from seeing the look on Aiacos's face.

Not this one... not like Kasumi or Minuki... Laimi killed you, Kira, you're not going to get Franziska.

After one, final, graceful jump to a nearby building to be used to slow his descent, Aiacos touched down on the ground, the water up to his waist.

"Uh... you can keep carrying me..." Franziska said, "Just don't do it like I'm your trophy bitch or anything... it's just-"

The Garuda Specter simply repositioned her so as to hold her in both his hands, von Karma looking him straight in the eye now. "No problem... that outfit doesn't really look water-resistant."

"Thanks," she said before blinking. "Aiacos, behind you..."

He turned, seeing a figure in gold armor, as well as a girl with light-blue hair and a strange white jumpsuit in the water. Not sure what to do, Aiacos promptly walked over.
_
"Ca... lypso..." Chary muttered, not sure if she was alive or dead... Sorry... little sis... guess we're trading places this time... you're what, less than a month old now after reincarnating... and I'm about to die.

Her body lay practically lifeless in the water, time standing still for Charybdis as she thought back...
_
"Oh... so you're the girl my little brother's been spending time with..."

"And you must be his big brother, Saga. Congratulations on being one of the youngest Gold Saints..."

"Thank you, Charybdis. It's a pride to be the second of a new wave of Gold Saints... Aiolos and I plan to lead Sanctuary and prepare it for the next Holy War against Hades when the time comes. What about you?"

"Me? Oh... well... just living on the streets now. My little sister's a handful, especially since my mom died..."

"I'm... I'm sorry."

"Nah, it could be worse. Kanon's really supportive, and it's just nice to talk to somebody like him."

"You mean somebody really similar to you?"

"How'd you guess?"

"Well... you were born on the same day as Kanon, exact same time, same hospital, one room next to each other, same allergies and everything... your hairstyles are almost identical too, save you hair is pink and his is blue."

"Yours isn't much different..."

"
Please, I actually put some effort in keeping it well-kept. But... but I think I might be able to pull some strings or something, after all, I'm the Gold Saint of Gemini! Besides the Saints, Sanctuary houses a number of basic rank-and-file guards... we do training for them too. If you want, I could try and see if-"

"I'd love it there... I've got plenty of experience from street brawls here anyways."

"How much?"

CLANG!

"Enough to know even armor doesn't protect a guy's balls if you angle the kick right."
_
CRASH!

"WHAT... YOU!"

"Pope Arles, I'm so sorry!"

"You insignificant bitch! What's your name?!?"

"Tiamet... Charybdis Tiamet..."

"Tia... TIAMET!?! You mean... hrg... damnable headpiece..."

"Pope Arles, I just didn't see you... I didn't even see your face or anything..."

"GUARDS!"

"Chary, Pope Arles... what-what's the matt-"

"She saw my face."

"Chary... no..."

"Tiamet, leave here."

"Sir-"

"SHE WILL DO SO!"

"...Fine..."

"Chary... Sir, it was just an accident... can't you just let it slide-"

"You know the laws of Sanctuary, not even Gold Saints are permitted to see the face of the Pope, a symbolic gesture showing each inhabitant of Sanctuary will serve it in spite of who may be in charge."

"It's a stupid rule if you ask me."

"It would be wise not to comment on said rule, or else you may suffer the same fate as her."

"Cape Sounion... Pope Arles, you can't! She has a younger sister here and-"

"She goes too."

"But sir!"

"And
you will carry out the execution, Kanon Polydeuces Slate! I understand your brother recently became a Gold Saint... you will do so and speak to nobody on it or your brother and you will suffer their fate."

"But sir, I-I... I... f... fine..."

"There, now was that so hard to do?"
_
"Kanon, look at me...
LOOK AT ME! KANON, HOW COULD YOU!?!"

"Chary, I-"

"YOU DON'T DESERVE TO CALL ME THAT ANYMORE! YOU-"

"CAN'T YOU SEE HOW HARD THIS IS FOR ME!?! HERE... here I am... imprisoning the girl I lov- the girl I've known for so long and-"

"Just let us go, Mr. Slate! Please!"

"Save it, Calypso. The tide is going to be coming in soon, we need to save our breath."

_
Charybdis blinked again, seeing herself standing in a small cave. Bars blocked the entrance, and the room was so small.

Kanon... Charybdis thought... What happened? Why?

Cape Sounion in Greece was notorious for irregular tide patterns... and Sanctuary, in cases of traitors like Charybdis had been declared, often would leave their fate to the gods in the most sadistic of actions...

Being taken to and imprisoned in this small cave at the Cape with Calypso, they had gone two days without food or water, the chamber flooding constantly and almost killing them constantly...

At the beginning of the third day, Charybdis and Calypso had blacked out, and they had awoken in Atlantis. The elder sister became the Sea Dragon, the younger became the Scylla...

"Calypso..." Charybdis said as she closed her eyes, not surprised to see the impression of her sister standing there in her Scale, in front of her. "I'm so sorry... I just can't do it. I just can't... I-"

She was silenced as Calypso just hugged her, holding her close.

"Never lose your hope, Chary... please... we will see each other again someday... and it will be me, not just a reincarnation with no memories."

Charybdis just closed her eyes as she broke down crying.
_
Ambrosia suddenly sensed something as she looked to where the South Pacific pillar had once stood, confused and shocked at the sight as a bolt of light shot up to the surface.

"What?"
_
Less than a minute had passed since his victory over Charybdis, and Shinji was growing irritated. Something was telling him she just wasn't dead yet... but every other part of him screamed that he had killed her.

"Fine then," the Orochi head said as he raised his arm in the air, Progress blade ready. "I'll just lop off her head then."

He slashed down, enough power inside of him to blow a hole a hundred feet deep into the water from the attack, but then he blinked, confused.

Where was Tiamet?

"IKARI!"

He looked up, horrified at the sight...

Charybdis Tiamet, standing atop a building. Not a scratch on her body, and the yellow and orange armor of a Scale on her. She smiled, clenching her fists.

"My sister has come to my rescue... and now you will face me at my best...

"Not just the powers of Gram and One World, but the support and strength that the Scylla Scale that my sister's spirit will lend me!"

She sprang down at him, and before Shinji could even move, her fist had already smashed into his head, sending him flying backwards.
 
A/N: Four backgrounds taken care of… one left to go. And those two women Aiacos referred to… well, you'll just have to wait for the prequel to find out who they are.
 
Yes, there will be a prequel, to explain a few things and chronicle Minos's adventures as the lowly Basalisk Specter.