Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 64 ( Chapter 64 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It was nearly midnight in Japan as Elly finally closed down her computer for the night. She almost felt like there really was blood on her hands, not like that was a bad thing... because nobody expected the healer to be a killer. She wondered how many times she had gotten away with the "Healing Shiv" line...

Of course, finding out about Fenrir from Mana and the others had explained a number of things...

"So... yeah... about what you saw, Elly..."

"Go on, Mana..."

"Well, you know how there are those 'Magic Girl' mangas and everything? Well... me, Horoki, Asuka, Mizuki, and Ambro- I mean, Mina, all are sorta a real group... It's complicated as to how it happened..."

"And let me guess, Fenrir's actually a girl that cross-dresses like a boy along with Isaac and Cecil, and they with Chary and that other, white-haired girl are another group?"

"What? NO! They're not like the Sailor Starlights... AND MINOS IS A GUY!!!"

"Well, excuuuuuuuse me, princess."

"Funny. I must admit, you're taking this pretty well."

"Well, when you see your friends fighting weird parasite things... you come to a suspicion that just needs to be confirmed."

"Oh... well, I gotta go. I have a date."


As Elly climbed into bed, she smiled. "You keep doing whatever you need to do, Fenrir... just save some warm bodies for me."
_
When Charybdis knocked on his door, Isaac was already up and dressed, carrying his Scale in the sack that Minos had provided. "Isaac?" she said, looking in. After seeing he looked fine, she opened the door. "How you feeling?"

"A tad shaken, but I have to let it go." He answered. "Last time I saw him, Hyoga was pretty young... so was I. Considering how I changed, I guess I should've figured Hyoga would've too."

Charybdis smiled. "Good... let's get going."
_
"You wanted to see us, Pope Aiolos?"

"Yes..." the leader of Sanctuary stood up, looking at the five Silver Saints standing before him. "As you have no doubt checked the tournament brackets, you know quite well what will happen provided Team Pentrine wins their match."

"Yessir."

"I wasn't done yet, Milo," Aiolos scolded. "They shall stall for as long as they can... but I expect you five to deliver the finishing blows... crush the Pentrine as thoroughly as possible. Buy time for Milo, if possible."

"Yes, Pope Aiolos!"
_
As Rei sat in the spectator's box awaiting the next round, she suddenly felt a large shadow pass over her. Turning around, she was not surprised to see the intimidating, tall, and strong figure of the Taurus Saint, Aldebaran.

"Do you wish to watch with me?" she asked.

Aldebaran nodded before sitting down. He looked to her and grinned... Rei had a small urge to laugh, but ignored it... Aldebaran was a strong man, very much a loyal Saint... but she noticed very much, like all the other Gold Saints, they refused to answer her concerning the mystery of the missing Virgo Saint.

Rei was not sure if her nature as a Hakkeshu member caused her to distrust them for this... but she knew something was wrong in her Sanctuary.

Suddenly she heard a man clear his voice, and Rei was positive she saw Aldebaran glare at the newcomers as she turned around, seeing a man in a business suit and blonde hair along with a dark-haired woman.

"Would it be okay?" the man said with an English accent. "Radamanthys Tudor, Wyvern of the Celestial Fierce Star."

"That would be un-"

"Fine." Rei said over Aldebaran, he and Pandora taking seats on the other side of Athena, waiting for the match to begin.
_
The announcer strode forward again as the Pentrine's next round was about to begin, and it seemed... as if to Charybdis and the others, he was trying to keep himself from laughing at some big, inside joke.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" he began, "HAVING SHOWN THEIR WORTH IN THE PREVIOUS MATCH... I AM PLEASED TO OFFER AGAIN... TEAM PENTRIIIIIIIIINNEEEEEEE!!!"

Again, negligible applause.

"AND ON THE OTHER SIDE, LED BY THE OPHIUCHUS SAINT SHAINA... TEAM SERPENT!"

The audience cheered madly as the figures stepped out, Chary, Cecil, Isaac, and Fenrir already in their armor, although they were surprised Shaina's team hadn't donned theirs yet.

Shaina was already there, with four men completing her team. The first was a tall and burly man with dark-brown hair and was roughly 190 centimeters... possibly a little less. The next was a much smaller man, with a very slight frame. What was most peculiar about him, however, was his strange, black eyes and white hair in a kind of mohawk. The third stood a little shorter than the second, but seemed to have a better muscle tone. These three seemed about Fenrir and the others' age... Chary smirked at the coincidence.

The last of the men looked older, with longer, dirty-blonde hair.

Shaina and Charybdis walked forwards to the center of the arena, the two women exchanging glances before the Sea Dragon Mariner spoke up. "How do you want to do this?"

Shaina smirked, holding up a pair of five-sided dice. "On each side of one is the names of each of my team members. The other has the names of yours. Since he's not here, 'Minos' can be considered 'Free Choice' for you."

Charybdis held out her hand, Shaina handing the dice to her. Charybdis rolled them a few times, noting the names "Jabu", "Geki", "Ichi", and "Algol" as well as "Shaina" on the Saint's die. Eventually Chary picked them up. "Okay... they're not weighted."

Shaina nodded. "You think I'd need to resort to such underhanded tricks for two Mariners and two God Warriors?"

"Funny."

Charybdis took her die back, walking back to her side of the arena as Shaina returned the favor. They looked at each other, then threw the dice into the middle of the arena.

The announcer ran over to them before speaking up. "First round is... Charybdis Tiamet against Jabu Mils, the Bronze Unicorn Saint!"

The brown-haired boy nodded as he walked past Shaina, opening up his Cloth Box as the purple figurine of the Unicorn emerged. Jabu quickly donned it as Charybdis tapped her foot impatiently at the boy.

"I'm waiting," Charybdis stated as Jabu approached her.

"Yeah... waiting to LOSE!"

Charybdis blinked and then stared at him. "Okay... maybe Shaina didn't have first pick when it came to team members..."

She didn't notice the Ophiuchus Saint turn to Algol and smile.

Charybdis charged Jabu, punching fast. The Unicorn Saint ducked barely in time, hoping that would be enough. In spite of his evasion, however, Charybdis's fist hit him dead-on. He slid back, a bruise on the left side of his face, and trying to regain his footing.

"Fighting defensively against me won't work," Charybdis said with a grin. "No matter what they tried in terms of escape measures, the sailors of the past were helpless against that Charybdis. I'm similar... One World enabling me to hit you no matter-"

"UNICORN GALLOP!"

She saw Jabu spring into the air... he seemed so slow. Then again, Bronze Saints, on average, could only move at about Mach 1...

A quick flick of her fingers sent a World Finger through the air, Jabu's eyes suddenly going wide as blood spewed everywhere, his Cloth reduced to small pieces, and he landed on Charybdis's waiting fist. Tiamet kicked him off, and she was declared the winner.

"Cecil! That die, will you?"

The Alcor Zeta God Warrior complied, tossing it to her. She then threw it on the arena, surprised to see her name spring up again. Shaina's die this time read "Geki."

"Second round... Charybdis Tiamet against Geki Ban, the Bronze Ursa Major Saint!"

The tall man approached her, jet-black Cloth on, although she seemed unimpressed. The fact she was about his height... as well as the exact same height as Kanon, caused him to lose the intimidation factor on her.

"Wow... all seven stars..." Charybdis said as she looked at him. "That mean you're supposed to be as strong as all the God Warriors put together?"

Geki grinned before charging. "YOU KNOW IT!"

His hands clamped down around Charybdis's neck, Cecil, Fenrir, and Isaac screaming out for her before suddenly noticing something... Why was Geki's head turning blue?

Answer: One World's work.

"Idiot... Reppu Kairyunagi."

An intense ripple in the fabric of space smashed into him before Charybdis kicked Geki away, his Cloth shattering as well and his blood mixing with Jabu's as Charybdis snorted. "Please... a God Warrior gathers more strength from just a single star of Ursa Major than you got from all seven of them."

She threw the die again, surprised that it again ended up with her name on it.

"Third match... Charybdis Tiamet against Ichi Retsu... Bronze Hydra Saint!"

Chary turned, surprised that Shaina didn't seem startled at all... what was going on here? Two of her teammates had been wiped out... and the third one wasn't going to be staying up there that much longer...

Ichi stared at her, considering his options. Charybdis was interested in what he could do, and gave him said opportunity. When he finally charged, Charybdis was surprised at the abominably slow speed in which he ran. His punch was no faster... and Chary casually blocked it.

"You the benchwarmer on the team?" Charybdis asked as she kicked at Ichi, although the Hydra Saint ducked in time. He punched again, but she blocked... although Ichi seemed to not be shocked.

"Heh... I'm the secret weapon."

Suddenly, claws burst out of his gauntlets, shooting at Charybdis's hand as she looked mildly surprised by the ploy. They pierced the skin, Ichi laughing at the action.

"You have five minutes left to live before the poison kills you." he said with a grin, kicking at her head...

Although he stopped right before hitting her and his mouth dropping open as he felt such incredible pain in his back... "N-no..."

"I hope the Hydra is immune to his own venom," Charybdis said plainly before blasting him away with another Reppu Kairyunagi. "With One World on my side, you need more than just a few basic tricks against me."

He hit the ground in a daze, the third match declared Charybdis's.

Shaina and Algol exchanged glances before Shaina sighed. "Fine... which one do you want?"

Algol thought for a moment before nodding at Fenrir. "That one... with the blue God Robe."

Shaina nodded as she threw the die. Charybdis breathed a sigh of relief, seeing Fenrir's name pop up. Two Silver Saints wouldn't be too much trouble.

"Fourth match... Fenrir Volsung against Algol Landale, the Silver Perseus Saint!" the announcer said as Charybdis stepped off the arena, Fenrir taking her place.

Algol smirked at the sight of the God Warrior. This would be easy... In one smooth motion, he donned his Silver Cloth, wondering if his shield would even be necessary as he sprang into the air and kicked Fenrir in the head. The God Warrior shouted out in pain, staggering backwards and on his knees after just one strike.

"FENRIR!" Cecil, Charybdis, and Isaac shouted in unison.

He stared up at Algol, who smirked at him. "Pathetic..."

"Heh... I've handled worse than you," Fenrir said as he stood up, charging full speed. "WOLF CRUELTY CLAW!"
 
A/N: The “Healing Shiv” line is taken from 8-Bit Theater, but unlike Cleric's, Elly's doesn't work.