Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 68 ( Chapter 68 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hearing the wolf-like howl come from the arena, Isaac quickly began running back, in spite of Aphrodite's protests. "I don't care!" Isaac shouted, I'm just going to see what's happening, not fight!"

The Pisces Saint watched as Isaac ran away, reaching out to stop him when a hand fell on his shoulder.

"Don't." Aphrodite turned to see Hyoga standing there, in his Gold Cloth, bandages covering up the top of his head and also a few diagonal ones to cover up his left eye, no doubt ruined forever. His voice held hatred, and he walked after Isaac "I will do this."
_
The audience was in an uproar, screaming that Fenrir was a coward, unworthy of fighting any more... Pandora and Aldebaran had even began arguing about whether or not Fenrir should be allowed to continue fighting.

"That is enough."

The quiet voice of Athena should not have been audible to anyone with the screaming and yelling going on... yet somehow it was. Silence fell as Fenrir looked up at Rei, wondering what the goddess's decision would be.

"I myself have crossed blades with Charybdis Tiamet, the guardian of Fenrir Volsung as well as Isaac Krylov and Cecil Bodu. They have done much for this world, having stopped the ambitions of Freya Polaris and also single-handedly stop the world from being destroyed by a maddened Ambrosia. I see no reason why not to permit him to fight, especially since Sepal foolishly believed Cecil Bodu was combat-worthy."

The Saints and guards that had been listening sat down, defeated as Fenrir turned back to the three other members of Team Elements as he saw Cecil pull himself up. "Fen... Fenrir?"

Volsung smiled and nodded to Cecil as he heard Isaac shout out to him. He turned to see Isaac come out of a tunnel, amazed at Fenrir standing there. "Thanks again, Isaac... for wrecking that shield. And Cecil, just rest. I've got this taken care of."

The next Silver Saint stepped forward, his cloth dark, with two chains on them. At the ends of each were large spike balls, and the man seemed unimpressed at the Pentrine's comeback.

"You think you're so special, don't you? You're just one God Warrior against five Silver Saints."

"Four," Fenrir corrected. "But more like three... Babel is..." he looked down at where the remains of the man's Cloth. "Well, he's going to the medical room and staying there for a damn long time."

"Heh... our fifth member is busy at the moment. But I doubt you can beat three more Silver Saints... especially since each member of Team Elements was much stronger that Algol... who downright humiliated you!"

Fenrir leered at the man, clenching his hands. "Well then, can I at least have your name before this starts?"

The Saint bowed. "Dante Daedalus, the Silver Saint of the Cerberus, and the Metal-oriented member of the team."

Fenrir smirked at the mention of "Cerberus", and dropped into a loose fighting stance. "Piece of cake... the mythical wolf Fenrir can easily put down some three-headed guard dog."

"LIKE HELL!"

The chains shot at him, but Fenrir was amazed at how slow the attacks seemed... he simply bent out of the way, grabbing one of them and charging Dante. He punched the man in the gut, stunning him, before looping the chain around his neck and choking him.

"BUSTER WOLF!"

The destructive attack smashed into Dante's back, the main shooting forward into the ground at the edge of the stadium, his Cloth already in pieces. "Anyone else?" Fenrir asked as he turned to the remaining two Silver Saints.

The two exchanged glances before what appeared to be a woman jumped onto the arena. "Your next opponent... Sabrina Misty," the blonde said, a smile forming on those lipstick-accentuated lips.

Fenrir shrugged. "I don't go easy on women."

"WHAT!?!" Misty screamed. "I'M A GUY!!!!!! THE MALE SILVER SAINT OF LACERTA!"

"Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, princess!" Fenrir shot back before firing a Dead Howling.

Misty shrugged, raising his hands and holding them out. "The Air-based member of Team Elements... your attack is useless."

The attack vanished upon contact, the shock in Fenrir's eyes shown to what seemed to be the world, due to not having his headpiece that was, regrettably, still in Shaina's possession. Suddenly the air around him became unbelievably thick, and he collapsed on the ground, panting.

"ROCK VORTEX!"

He looked up to see Misty moved his hands in a strange way as a strange portal appeared in front of him, the destructive wave shooting straight at him. He could barely move... he was literally choking on the very air around him. Sorting through the pain, however, Fenrir knew he had handled worse...

Like being punched in the heart and nearly killed the process.

Stabbing into the ground with his gauntlet's claw extensions, Fenrir forced himself to roll away, the attack barely missing him. Misty snorted in frustration as Fenrir continued to struggle to breathe, seemingly in vain. "Try all you want... this one will hit." Misty moved to perform the Rock Vortex again, but missed something very important...

Fenrir's claw was still in the ground.

The Alioth Epsilon God Warrior used the last of his strength, praying that he would be able to get there in time, to launch himself forward.

"ROCK VOR-"

It was too late. Fenrir's fist smashed into Misty's shin, the man screaming in pain as Fenrir rolled past him, feeling new air rush into his lungs. He felt much better, and as Misty turned around to see the vicious 17-year-old, he decided to torture the Saint a bit.

Fenrir slashed down, the Wolf Cruelty Claw cutting vertically down as Misty just stared at him in shock, staggering away in defeat. Suddenly four slashes appeared on his face, barely missing his eyes, and his Cloth fell apart. Fenrir pushed him away, and Misty collapsed on the ground.

"Last one," Fenrir said as he looked at the tall and bulky Silver Saint that was approaching him.
_
"I must commend you on your focus, Milo," Aiolos said as he walked towards the Cloth Depository in his palace with the Silver Saint. "To focus so much on your training even amidst the tournament. You are indeed worthy of becoming the last of the thirteen."

The man nodded. "Thank you."
_
Docrates Algethi, Silver Saint of Herakles, struggled pointlessly as Fenrir maintained his crushing grip on the man's massive fist, kicking him away after a moment.

"Guess you're the 'Earth' of Team Elements, right?"

Algethi growled before raising his hands up. Two massive red comets shot from them, Fenrir nimbly jumping away before charging and punching him twice in the gut, cracking his Cloth. Algethi staggered away, wiping the blood from his face before laughing. "You idiot..." Algethi began, "Even if you defeat me, you still-"

WHAM!

"Less talk, more losing," Fenrir commanded as his fist smashed into the man's crotch, Algethi crumpling forward just in time for a Dead Howling. He sailed away, Isaac and Cecil cheering from the sidelines.

"Winner..." the ref slowly sighed, "Fenrir Volsung..."

Fenrir looked around and smiled. "Well then... looks like that is-"

"ON THE CONTRARY!" boomed Aiolos's voice. Fenrir, Cecil, and Isaac turned, seeing the Pope come into view, the sadistic grin on his face hidden by the headpiece. "There is still the final member of Team Elements... Milo Mycean!"

Fenrir looked around, confused. "What? Where is he?"

"Unfortunately, tradition and customs of Sanctuary require a Saint to spend their first 24 hours as a Gold Saint in their temple. Therefor, you will have to go there to fight him," Aiolos stated.

Fenrir shrugged before walking off. "Sure... I know the direction."

Cecil and Isaac began walking after him, hoping Fenrir would be okay. As soon as they reached a more private area of Sanctuary, Cecil spoke up. "Fenrir, you're going to need-"

WHAM!

The force of someone grabbing Isaac and Cecil from behind caused Fenrir to turn, seeing a blonde-haired figure in golden armor press Isaac against the wall.

"YOU MONSTER!" Hyoga screamed at Isaac, pointing at Isaac's left eye. "YOU PLANNED THIS FROM THE START, DIDN'T YOU! TO HURT ME... TO MAKE ME SUFFER!"

Isaac looked at his bandaged associate, more and more appalled with Hyoga's actions and expressions with each passing moment. Cecil was still in no condition to fight, and Fenrir realized it would have to fall on him to-

"If you value your life, then step away from the Mariner." The English-accented voice of Radamanthys was heard as Hyoga turned, seeing the Specter stand there. After exchanging looks for a minute with him, Hyoga let go and walked away, Radamanthys turning to Isaac and Cecil. "Get back to the stadium, where there's a crowd. I'll escort Fenrir."
_
As Charybdis hobbled back into the stadium, she was surprised to see an attractive and buxom woman standing on the arena floor, a large digital screen appearing behind her.

"The final round of Team Pentrine vs. Team Elements is about to begin!" she began, the audience members roaring and looking forward to the battle. She spotted Cecil and Isaac and sat down with them.

"What?" she said, "Easy patch up job... Pandora will take care of my Scale later." They continued looking at her, but then nodded.

"The final warrior of Team Elements... the new Scorpio Saint... MILO MYCEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" The audience roared again as the woman continued. "A powerful Gold Saint with speed and precision... who has set the record for the shortest amount of time undergoing training for being a Gold Saint before being confirmed!"

The screen behind her displayed the blue-haired Saint, standing in his armor in the newly decorated Scorpio Temple.

"How could any lowly God Warrior-" The woman, however, never finished.

Pandora had charged her, kicking her in the head and smiling as the audience stared at her. She reached up, grabbing the microphone, before speaking. "HELLOOOOOOO SANCTUARY!" she began.

God, I love picking fights...
_
"Fenrir, listen up..." Radamanthys began.

"This Scorpio Saint is going to have one hell of a fight on his hands!"

"What is Combat Awareness? We don't know."

"Against him stands the mighty Alioth Epsilon God Warrior!"

"But it's possibly the only thing that will let you fight a Gold Saint on even footing. Understand?"

"The man who has defeated Specters, God Warriors, and Coronas!"

"With it... you'll know where they are, what they will be aiming at, stuff like that."

"The man who stared down the Goddess Ambrosia and lived to tell the tale!"

"With it... I know you can win!"

"And he has struck down four members of Team Elements already... so what's one more?"

Fenrir smirked, understanding what Radamanthys said. "Thanks, chief."

There it was, the Scorpio Temple... with his quarry inside. He took off running... this would hopefully be quick.

"THE WOLF OF ASGARD AGAINST THE GOLDEN SCORPION... WHO'S GONNA WIN?!?"