Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ The Intense Clash of the Gods ❯ Tale 79 ( Chapter 79 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"One more," Minos said as he, Fenrir, and Cecil sat down, watching Charybdis face her opponent, the Capricorn Saint, Ignacio Shura.

"Know anything about Shura?" asked Fenrir, but Minos shook his head.

"Not about Shura himself... although the stories of previous Capricorn Saints are saturated in blood... Capricorn Saints frequently started as Bare Saints, only to prove their loyalty, emerging victorious in impossible situations." The Spaniard and Charybdis suddenly vanished, Minos hoping that the Sea Dragon would be okay. "In the Holy Wars between Athena and Hades, the Capricorn Saint wielded the most powerful of all sword empowerments... Excalibur. I don't know exactly why, by Shura never called his sword that..."

"Yeah, well... Charybdis has Gram," Cecil cheerful stated. "She's got plenty of experience with it too, fighting the Hakkeshu. One swordsman shouldn't be too problematic."

"Let's hope that with Combat Awareness, that's the case," Minos sighed. This fight, just by virtue of the swords clashing against each other, had the greatest risk of somebody getting killed. That would not help them out either way. If Charybdis died, they were out of the tournament... and if Shura died, it would just add fuel to the fire that wanted the Pentrine out of this tournament...
_
"Aquarius..." Isaac sighed, looking at the temple in front of him. Hyoga very easily could be inside... and if that was the case, he wondered how the Gold Saint would react to him. The results most likely wouldn't be-

"He's not here."

Isaac turned to see Shaina standing there, without her Gold Cloth. In one hand rested Charybdis's helmet, and in the other was Fenrir's headpiece. "If Sea Dragon wins this round... she'll need all the protection she can possibly get." She seemed distressed, yet at the same time relieved.

"You've been at your temple, no?" Shaina's nod proved him correct. "You saw Aphrodite there..."

"Your power still is inferior to Hyoga's, regrettably. The difference, however, is much smaller than it had been when you first came here."

"Good," Isaac answered. He started walking away, but Shaina's voice called him back. "What?"

"Aren't you going to take their headpieces back?"

"Why?" Isaac responded. "It makes no sense for me to give it back... why don't you actually build some bridges and do it yourself?" He continued walking away, leaving Shaina to merely look at the ground.
_
CLANG!

Shura's arm clashed against Charybdis's almost instantly as they reappeared in the Capricorn temple, the incredible force of the attack already cracking under the extreme force of the attack. Suddenly, aided by the Seventh Sense, Shura spun around at lightspeed, batting Chary's arm away before stabbing at her. In spite of his incredible speed, however, his attack was deflected as Charybdis kicked his leg. Teleporting behind her, Shura attempted to stab her in the neck, but the woman ducked without even looking, elbowing Shura in the gut before unleashing a Reppu Kairyunagi that sent him flying away.

Shura hit the wall, but the Spaniard was not fazed at all by Charybdis's skill in spite of a damaged arm guard. "You are no slouch at fighting without the full extent of One World..."

"Don't need to be," Charybdis answered as she turned around, grinning. "Gram's always with me, along with my Kairyunagis." Raising her right arm up, she slashed down, launching a World Finger. Shura saw the attack coming at him and quickly raised his right arm up horizontally, his blade withstanding the force of Charybdis's.

"Don't insult me by acting like your sword can fight on level with mine," Shura answered, pointing at the Mariner of the North Atlantic. "Gram was never yours!" He charged, striking low. Chary raised her leg up, spinning around to dodge Shura's continuation of the attack sequence by shooting up in the air, and catching him in the head. He skidded a few feet away, but charged again.

Odd... Chary thought as she went on the defensive, but managing to hold off all of Shura's attacks, It feels like Shura's holding back...

"COLADA!"

WHAT?!?

Shura's left arm flicked up, slashing through the entirety of Charybdis's body protection and spilling a deal of blood in the process. The Mariner barely dodged in time to avoid getting disemboweled, but she was left speechless as both of Shura's arms now gave off the feeling they were sword-empowered.

"I said you had no chance," Shura chuckled. "While I may not possess Excalibur... the two swords at my disposal are more than a match for Gram together! BEHOLD!" He struck down, the shock on Chary's face enabling him to slash through the rest of her Scale instantly. She staggered away, blinking.

Two swords... why hadn't she thought of that?

"Tizon and Colada," Shura drawled as Charybdis turned to face him, although she seemed much more desperate now. "The swords of the great Spanish hero El Cid Campeador! These two swords, capable of destroying all I face! Such a shame too..." he grinned before charging. "THE DUBHE ALPHA GOD WARRIOR WOULD NEVER STAND A CHANCE AGAINST THEM!"

One sword flew from the side, the other came from above. Charybdis fell on the defensive again, hopelessly trying to avoid the lethal assault, although her skill with Gram was proving ineffective... the first five or six blows might be blocked, but then the next three would at least draw blood. In a matter of moments, Shura walked away as Charybdis collapsed on the ground.

"Lady, Chivalry would disown me if I killed a woman... so I ask. Do you yield?" He turned around, the Mariner shaking her head in defiance. "Very well then." He raised his Colada, striking down at her. Tiamet blocked as fast as she could, holding the blade back... but then Shura grabbed her hand by the wrist, the power of Tizon protecting his fingers from being sliced as he attacked with Colada, aiming to gut Charybdis.

She saw the lethal instrument coming... and she had no way to counter... Gram couldn't...

No, not just Gram... Charybdis thought. That's not the only thing at my disposal!

"OUR DUEL IS OVER, MARIN-"

CLANG!

Charybdis's other hand, unprotected, had slammed into Colada, knocking it away before Charybdis blasted Shura away with a Kairyunagi, standing him and breathing slowly.

"Impossible... I didn't think you had a second sword..." Shura slowly said, realizing there was one place she could have gotten it. It was too easy too... Athena. Surely the goddess, out of shame for being one of the Hakkeshu had given her the sword Progress to support Gram. It was no doubt inferior, but still a means of protection... "Our goddess must certainly be capable of generosity we are unable to display..." Shura eventually said.

Charybdis shook her head. "No." She spread her arms out, and then held them both out straight. "Body Bend: One World." She charged, slashing down at Shura's waist, the Gold Saint blocking the attack quickly, but immediately forced to blocking Chary's left arm with his right, and so began a tremendous exchange of sword blows in the middle of the Capricorn Temple, Mariner keeping up with Saint due to her Awareness and iron-clad determination.

"You... you've furthered your control over One World," Shura grunted, being forced back surprisingly, ducking a World Finger and attempting to stab at Charybdis, although she caught the strike and hammered him in the face with a punch, knocking the Saint's headpiece off. "And your skill with fighting with one sword in two separate hands..."

"I folded the space where my body is..." Charybdis grinned, "I can now use the full effects of One World on myself any time I wish... no matter how badly damaged my Scale is." She charged, blasting by Shura as a spray of blood fell on the floor. "I know, now more than ever, that I can still grow stronger."

The Saint staggered forward, trying to catch his breath. Her attack had been fast... much faster than anything else she had done so far. Turning around, Shura attacked again, kicking the surprised Charybdis's in the chest. The force all but ripped the air from her lungs, and Shura slashed down. Only through chance and luck did Charybdis stagger away at the right angle to only be nicked in the shoulder, giving her the precious seconds to recover enough to deflect Shura's second strike without much difficulty. Stumbling backwards, Charybdis found herself again hopelessly on the defensive, Shura's ferocity and focus on defeating her more than enough to overwhelm any countermeasures in her arsenal.

"REPPU KAIRYUNAGI!" Charybdis screamed, Shura wondering why she hadn't performed the traditional arm-swing with it...only for the Mariner to fly into a pillar and smash through it.

"Ah... you were stupid enough to use it on yourself?" Shura asked, smiling. "You must be desperate to escape..."

"WORLD AND ORBIT FINGER!"

Two razor-sharp ripples shot from the rubble at him, Shura quickly raising his defenses as a Kairyunagi smashed into his shins, offsetting his balance. The attacks struck Shura right in the chest, sending him flying away into a wall.

"Got you," Charybdis panted, although the groans of Shura as he stood up cut her off.

"Forget I'm wearing a Gold Cloth?" Shura asked, smirking again. "You'd have to hit me hundreds of times with Gram to do any damage!"

"Then..." Charybdis sighed, "I have only one option..." clenching her fists, she screamed out not just to Shura, but the whole world, "I, Charybdis Tiamet... WILL USE ALL OF ONE WORLD WITHOUT ARMOR!"

 
A/N: Rather than have the sword of an Englishman, I thought it be more appropriate for Shura to actually wield swords of his homeland.