Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Eva Spyhunter ❯ Dragon Strike ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's Disclaimer: Same like last time…

Eva Spyhunter

Chapter 2: Dragon Strike

SEELE weapons factory: Frankfurt, Germany

The weapons van finally neared the car park. Without a hitch, they were able to infiltrate the SEELE compound without the agents knowing it. After the driver looked for signs of hostile enemies, he finally released the ramp for the interceptor. Shinji just nodded to the driver and stepped on the accelerator.

The interceptor rumbled off the ramp, leaving a trail of smoke behind. As he saw the closed gate, he fired a round of bullets to the gate, causing it to burst open. He turned hard right towards the main factory. Agents began firing at him as they saw him approaching. He fired off his 50 cal. That hit the agents in the torso or the chest. Once inside, a group of bulls eyes started firing their machine guns at him. Shinji just smirked as he weaved from left to right as he dodged the bullets. He fired off a volley of rockets as he sped by the Dragonfly, lowing it to scraps of metal.

"Primary objective complete. Dragonfly has been eliminated. Secondary objectives are to eliminate any threat from SEELE and destroy the trucks transporting weapons." Said Leoni, the Interceptor's A.I.

"Okay. Send a message to H.Q. stating that I have already eliminated the dragonfly and I am now moving to the second part of t" Said Shinji.

IES headquarters: Frankfurt, Germany

Makoto and Shigeru were checking the satcoms when they got a message with the FLASH rating. He quickly called Major Katsuragi.

"What does it say?" asked Misato, now seated in the command module.

"He says that the Dragonfly has been eliminated. He is now en rout to the rendezvous point." Replied Shigeru.

"Tell him good work and remind him to look out for heavy resistance. Ritsuko says that there is a possibility that SEELE will send a group of Road Lords and Switchblades to eliminate him."

Somewhere in Frankfurt en route to the weapons van

The interceptor was running at 135 mph as he destroyed the last SEELE truck. `That's the last one' thought Shinji. `What could Asuka be doing right now?' His thoughts were interrupted as several switchblades and road lords came up behind him. He engaged the flamethrower rear weapon. Two of the switchblades that were directly behind him, burst into flames as they came into contact with the high-temperature flamethrower. The two road lords engaged their hydraulic rams and sandwiched Shinji in between. He tried to turn left and right, but to no avail. The road lords were simply too big to ram off the road, so he came up with an idea. He engaged his guided missiles and then yanked his emergency brake hard. The two road lords went ahead of him, ramming each other in the opposite direction. Shinji fired two guided missiles that destroyed the road lords upon impact, their debris flying through the air.

He was about to breathe a sigh of relief when he suddenly remembered the 12 switchblades at his back. He engaged the oil slicks and smoke screens at one, making the road slippery and confusing at the same time. Because of so much confusion, the switchblades began firing their machineguns through the smoke. They didn't know that they were shooting their own comrades in the process. A few minutes passed, and the smoke cleared. All that could be seen were the pieces of metal where the Switchblades were constructed from. Shinji smirked.

Somewhere in the Arctic

A man cloaked in black was walking through the huge construction site. He wore a tinted pair of glasses and has heavy stubble on his face. A man in uniform walked up to him. He seemed to be excited about something.

"Senator Ikari, the "Ark" is nearly finished." The man said enthusiastically "The weapon systems are fully functional and the main generators are being fitted today."

"Good. Notify the old men about this. We can now initiate the Operation "Rebirth" as soon as the ICBM in Venice has already been installed and the four horsemen are at the ready." Replied Ikari.

"Will do sir." The man scurried off towards the command center of the platform.

`Soon, MY plans will come to a climax. Nobody will be able to stop me now.' Thought Ikari Gendo as he continued the inspection of the "ark".

SEELE Headquarters: Petra, Jordan

Members of the SEELE council were already present. They were already talking about the 4th and final stage of Operation "Rebirth".

"Ikari says that the ark is nearly finished. He also said that it could be launched as soon as the ICBM in Venice is already in place." Said SEELE 05

"Good, tell them to ini-" SEELE 01 began but was cut off when they received an important message from SEELE H.Q. Germany.

"Sir, the dragonfly has been eliminated by the spy!" said a soldier with gunfire in the background.

"That is not possible! The prototype? Destroyed?! Eliminate the spy at once! Mobilize the anti-interceptors in the area!" ordered SEELE 01.

"Will do sir."

SEELE Headquarters: Frankfurt, Germany

Three figures quickly walked towards the garage. As they neared the garage, the tall man wearing a black cloak retrieved something in his pocket then slid it in the access holder. The garage opened, revealing three vehicles that were all colored black and looked much like the interceptor. The three figures grinned then got inside their respective vehicles. One by one, they rumbled towards the highway…

Somewhere in Frankfurt, en route to weapons van

Shinji was driving the Interceptor calmly when Leoni spoke up.

"Three vehicles detected. Analyzing….. Analyzing complete. Vehicles confirmed as Anti-interceptors Alpha, Gamma and Beta. Use extreme caution. Probability of defeating them is 48%"

"We'll just have to see about that." Shinji said as he drove from left to right, trying to confuse his pursuers. The three anti-interceptors' weapon payloads opened and revealed their Guided missiles. One by one, they all fired at Shinji.

"Missiles huh? Eat this!"

Shinji engaged the improvised rear machineguns and fired at them. They found their mark but simply bounced off. He made a quick 180 then pulled the trigger. He found out that those three were impervious to bullet rounds.

"Damn!" cursed Shinji as he made a quick 180 again. He engaged the HCPC shield when he saw the weapons van nearby. He sped up considerably until his "enemies" can't catch him anymore. The weapons van quickly opened the ramp and proceeded to run at full speed. As Shinji neared the ramp, he quickly stepped on the gas and then he got in. The Interceptor was firmly locked by the special clamps to avoid damaging it further. After a few minutes of silence, he was wondering to himself why his enemies haven't attacked the weapons van yet. His thoughts were cut short when a pop-up communications video suddenly came to life.

"Hello Ikari." Said the man wearing black sunshades that look unusually familiar.

"Who are you?" asked Shinji.

"Whoa Ikari! I'm surprised you didn't recognize me!" said the figure in a casual manner, feigning shock.

"Toji?" asked Shinji in surprise.

"You recognize me after all! I think you can now recognize who "attacked" you." Said Toji, grinning over the com.

"How dare you attack me!" You nearly damaged my precious Interceptor!" Bellowed Shinji. "By the way, who are those with you?"

"Kensuke and Rei are with me."

"WHAT!? KENSUKE and MY SISTER REI?!" exclaimed Shinji as the three anti-interceptors assumed a defense position around the weapons van.

"Yup. Misato ordered us to steal these babies from under the noses of those SEELE idiots." Said Toji.

"Okay that explains a lot. Can I now talk to Rei and Kensuke?" asked Shinji.

As if on cue, two separate video comms appeared. The faces of Kensuke and Rei appeared on the monitor.

"So, how does it feel on you first mission?" asked Shinji with a grin on his face.

"So far so good. We have encountered to little to no resistance." Said Kensuke in a casual manner. The three anti-interceptors went ahead of the weapons van to the rendezvous point.

"How about you Rei?"

"What Kensuke said is accurate. We have not yet encountered any resistance."

"So let's change the subject. How is your relationship with Kensuke holding up?" asked Shinji in a funny voice. Both teens blushed.

"It is going well brother." Said Rei in a small, embarrassed voice. Kensuke refused to speak for he too was embarrassed.

Shinji just chuckled.

IES Headquarters: Frankfurt, Germany

"Major, agent Aida, Suzuhara and Ikari have confirmed that they have successfully taken the three anti-interceptor prototypes." said Makoto as he typed various commands in the module. "Satellites confirm that weapons van eta is 5 minutes."

"Prepare all land-borne defense systems in case there is an attack when the weapons van has arrived" ordered Misato.

5 minutes later, all vehicles have been docked in the garage and were now undertaking performance tests and maintenance. Shinji and the gang were all seated now inside the briefing room. Ritsuko stood on the podium and cleared her throat. The room was silenced.

"First of all, we would like to commend Agent Ikari Shinji for destroying the dragonfly prototype and preventing the SEELE transport vans to their destinations. Agent Suzuhara, Ikari and Aida are to be commended for their successful acquisition of the Anti-interceptor Alpha, Beta and Gamma. Your commendations are pending. Anyways, we have gathered more information about the units that you may encounter."

Ritsuko flicked a switch of the slide. It showed a blue regular sedan.

"You may all think that this car is a normal one, but don't be fooled. The enforcer sports 4 rear-firing 50 cal. Machine guns that deal tremendous damage to anything that is directly behind it. It is also armed with a smoke generator and an oil slick."

She flicked on the next. A big ship that looks like the weapons boat appeared on the screen.

"This is the Leviathan super ship. It is so heavily armed that the MAGI estimates that Unit-01 has a 29% chance of defeating it. The leviathan is armed with an unknown array of laser and missile-guided weapons. Exercise extreme caution."

She flicked the next switch. A picture of a 2-hulled powerboat, an APC, a Harrier and a Bell attack chopper materialized in front of them.

"These are the Dr Torpedo, the Mortar thing, the notorious jump jet and the deadly mad bomber." She paused, looking at the printouts she got from her terminal. "The Dr. Torpedo is, simply put, a boat armed with lots of torpedoes. However, don't be fooled by the exterior. It is heavily armored and can only be destroyed by the use of guided missile."

She focused her laser pointer to the APC "The next one is the mortar thing. It is basically an APC that can change into a water vehicle that is armed with, as the name implies, a lot of mortars. It is a threat to both land and ground IES units."

She then focused her pointer between the two aerial vehicles. "This is the jump jet and the mad bomber. They are both capable of dropping multiple Precision-guided and joint attack munitions bombs that are accurate up to 0.35546 cm. Whenever you encounter any one of these, use the guided stinger missiles, rail gun or electromagnetic pulse cannon. I hope that this information will help you out in future missions as long as SEELE is not eliminated. Dismissed"

Everyone present walked out the door. Shinji waited for Asuka to come out. When she was within reach, Shinji gently hugged her and gave her a short kiss.

"Misato said that I won't be assigned any anytime soon until the need arises. So, would you like to have a date with me?" Shinji asked.

"Of course I would love to. Pick me up at 8 okay?"

"Okay."

Author's note: There you have it! My second chapter. I know this is crappy but once I am finished with the whole fic I will revise all of the chapters.