Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Eva Spyhunter ❯ A Date and a Russian Escort Service ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's disclaimer: Read first chapter

Eva Spyhunter

Chapter 3: A date and a Russian escort service

Ikari-Katsuragi Manor: Frankfurt, Germany

Shinji was home preparing for his date. He fixed his tux, his tie, and his look. Shinji smiled, `All systems go!' he thought. He got the keys if his car, turned off the lights and locked the door.

Shinji walked to the garage. Because of the tremendous salary and hazard pay that he earns every month, he has 6 sports cars in the garage. He has a red Ferrari Enzo, a blue 1999 R-34 Skyline GT-R, a green Lotus Esprit, a black Spyker C8, a Callaway C12 and a silver Zonda.

After a few minutes of choosing the vehicle of his choice, he finally reached a decision. He retrieved the keys from his pocket; opened the door of the red Enzo and turned on the ignition. The car's headlights suddenly came to life. He revved the engine a few times and then sped off.

Sohryu residence: Frankfurt, Germany

Asuka was waiting for Shinji. It has already been an hour when she has finished fixing herself up. The clock read 7:58. `When is the baka going to arrive?' she asked herself. Her thoughts were cut short when she heard the engine o a sports car. She walked outside and found Shinji there, standing near the door.

"Are you ready?" asked Shinji, holding out his hand towards her.

"Yes." She replied taking his hand.

They both boarded the vehicle and sped off.

Aft a few minutes of driving around German streets, Asuka spoke up.

"Shinji where are we going?"

"We're going to the `Stern von Deutschland'" replied Shinji with his eyes still glued to the road.

"Isn't that a bit expensive Shinji? The Stern von Deutschland is one of the finest restaurants in the world!" gasped Asuka, somewhat surprised.

"Nothing is too expensive for my ladyship." Shinji said to her while flashing his "lady-killer" smile.

Asuka couldn't help but blush.

Stern von Deutschland: Frankfurt, Germany

After the waiter has found them a seat, they talked about things in the IES, SEELE and their previous assignments. After a while, the waiter returned to get their order.

"What will be you're order ma'am, sir?" asked the waiter.

"I'll have apple strudel and sauerkraut. I will also have a Caesar salad with vinaigrette dressing." Replied Shinji as he was busy skimming the menu.

Asuka followed suit. " I will have a lobster tail, medium rare and a beef steak. Well done please."

The waiter wrote everything then walked off. After a few minutes of chatting, their food finally arrived. They ate their food in silence, impressed by how good the taste is. After Shinji paid the bill, they left for the rooftop.

Shinji and Asuka were walking on the restaurant's rooftop. Suddenly, Shinji stopped.

"What's wrong Shinji?" Asuka asked.

"Asuka, there is something I have to tell you. We have already been dating for 2 years now. So here it goes." Shinji took a deep breath. "Asuka, I love you."

Asuka couldn't say anything. She was dumbfounded that Shinji told her he love her. She felt that her heart was going to explode. She hugged Shinji.

"Shinji, I… love you too." Asuka said nervously but sweetly.

Shinji and Asuka started to lean into each other. As their lips were about to meet, Shinji's cell phone rang.

`I'm going to kill whoever ruined the mood.' Shinji thought somewhat irritated as he retrieved his mobile.

"Hello?" asked Shinji in a calm voice even though he was irritated.

"Shinji? This is Misato. Something new came up. Bring Asuka with you." Shinji blushed at this. "There will be a weapons aircraft en route to pick you up." Then he heard a click.

"Who was it?" Asked Asuka with concern in her voice.

"It was Misato. She said something new came up. She told me that I have to bring you along so let's go." With that, Shinji and Asuka rushed down the stairs. They boarded the Enzo.

"Where the heck is the weapons aircraft?" Shinji asked.

As if on cue, the weapons aircraft suddenly appeared directly above them. Its front and rear vectors turned downward as it began to land. Its payload hatch opened to reveal a vehicle carrier. Shinji drove his Enzo aboard the aircraft. As soon as it was loaded, the weapons aircraft closed its hatch, redirected its thrusters then flew towards the IES base.

IES Headquarters: Frankfurt, Germany

Misato was already in the briefing room, as well as Shinji, Asuka, Toji, Kensuke and Rei. She was reading a few papers when she suddenly spoke up.

"I'm sorry for cutting your vacation short but we have reached a breakthrough. 0900 hours this morning, a Russian official has called us that he has incriminating evidence against a crime syndicate headed by the "Cossack". We believe that this is a remnant of the old NOSTRA coalition and is directly linked to SEELE. We will send all of you to escort this official to his embassy and then bring him to his plane. It is believed that the Cossack may know of his defection to the IES and may try to assassinate him." She paused to take a deep breath.

"We will not reveal his identity to you but you will know soon enough. Make sure that he gets out alive. There are five weapons aircraft waiting in the airfield. Shinji, you'll be the leader of the team. Agent Sohryu, Agent Suzuhara, Agent Aida and Agent Ikari will act as back up. That is all." With that, the 5 agents walked out of the briefing room.

Shinji and the rest of the crew have boarded their specific vehicles. Shinji is inside of his usual Interceptor of course. Asuka's vehicle is a red super bike that is designated as a special SEV of the Interceptor, otherwise known as the "Red Phoenix." Toji's vehicle, an anti-interceptor, was already modified to suit his needs from the normal SEELE weapons load out. It was now colored blue and sported a dual HCPC laser weapons, SS-01 MIRV missiles, an EMP cannon and the usual rear weapon system. Kensuke and Rei's weapon configuration were also the same except that they had different colors. Kensuke's was painted camouflage green while Rei's was a dark blue.

As the garage door opened, The 5 vehicles revved their engine. The interceptor rumbled out first, followed by the Red Phoenix and then by the three anti-interceptors. The 5 vehicles boarded their own weapons aircraft. All weapons aircraft lifted upwards, their thruster nozzles facing the rear. With a final turn, the 5 weapons aircraft sped towards Moscow.

Streets of Moscow: Moscow, Russia

The 5 weapons aircraft landed softly in the quiet streets of Moscow. Their vehicle payload hatches opened, revealing the 5 intimidating figures of the IES vehicles. As soon as the vehicles drove away from the aircraft, they launched and flew off.

Shinji and the other 4 were driving in the streets slowly. His radar showed that the informant was close by. Suddenly, he received a popup vidcom that showed a cloaked figure with black sunglasses. The figure spoke.

"You are from the IES, yes?" asked the figure to Shinji.

"Yes. Are you the informant that we have to escort?" asked Shinji.

"Yes. My vehicle is the beige SUV that is directly in front of you." True enough, Shinji saw an SUV with its headlights off.

He opened a communication to the other vehicles. "Okay guys. The beige SUV in front of us is the informant. Asuka and I shall stay in the front while the three of you guard the rear. Is that understood?"

"Got it." All 4 of them reported in.

The Interceptor and the other vehicles drove towards the SUV. When they came closer, the SUV started its engines, turned on the headlights and assumed normal speed. The Interceptor and the Red Phoenix assumed vanguard position in front of the SUV. The three anti-interceptors assumed rearguard. When they have completed the formation, they sped off.

When they were about to take the next left turn, the wall exploded and a bulls eye appeared. The bulls eye began to fire its deadly machine guns.

"Oh crap. Toji, eliminate that bulls eye as we head towards the embassy!" barked Shinji.

"Okay."

Toji's anti-interceptor broke from the formation and came side by side with the bulls eye. The bulls eye, seeing this, directed his machine gun towards the lone unit. The anti-interceptor's HCPC shield deflected the shots. Toji stepped on the brake hard then fired the laser cannons twice, causing the bulls eye to explode into flames. Toji. Seeing this, smirked and stepped on the accelerator hard, with the intention of reaching the others before they got all the glory.

Shinji and the others were already facing multiple enemies. There were 3 bulls eyes trailing them while there are 4 slightly in front.

"Kensuke, you get the 3 bulls eyes in the rear while Rei assists you!"

Kensuke and Rei didn't respond as they proceeded to head towards the woods. Suddenly, all vehicles near the area detected a crash and a pillar of smoke appeared towards the direction of Rei and Kensuke.

"Ha! I thought that those IES agents were better than us! Imagine that! Crashing in the woods for no apparent reason!." The agents were so engrossed by the though that they didn't notice that Kensuke and Rei have already met up with Toji and are already chasing the three agents.

"Hey boss…"

"What?" snapped the lead agent.

"Aren't those anti-interceptors supposed to be destroyed?" asked the other agent nervously.

"Yeah, why?"

"Lo-look behind you!"

The enemy agent started to tremble in fear when he saw not 1, not 2 but 3 interceptors. The three bulls eyes began to speed up considerably to no avail. The prototypes' weapons bay near the rear tire opened and revealed a weapons launcher for the AHE Armor-piercing rockets.

"Let's finish this!" exclaimed the three of them.

As if on cue, the three anti-interceptors fired a volley of their deadly rocket payload towards their enemy. Three of the rockets hit the first bulls eye, causing it to explode in flames. 6 rockets hit the 2 remaining bulls eyes at the same time, causing them to ram each other as they exploded in a shower of flames.

"Let's get to Shinji and Asuka before something happens!"

SEELE headquarters: Petra, Jordan

"Gentlemen. It has come to my attention that three of our prototype anti-interceptors have been stolen. Vladimir Impalakov has reported that his agents has sighted the three prototypes along with Agent Sohryu's interceptor motorcycle and Ikari's nuisance Unit-01 interceptor." SEELE-01 said grimly as he waited for a response.

"It is true comrade. Ikari's spawn has caused us enough problems already. Allow us to send the Road Lord MKII and the Master vans to eliminate this threat." Replied 08.

"Very well, permission granted to use the MKII Road Lord and the Master van. I want Polvac eliminated immediately otherwise he would jeopardize Impalakov, the other crime lords, the Ararat society and ultimately, SEELE itself."

SEELE Weapons factory: Moscow, Russia

In a darkened garage, the eerie peacefulness inside the place was broken by the sound of revving engines. When the garage door began to open, 20 pairs of headlights suddenly came to life. One by one, they all rumbled out of the highway to give the IES team a fight they won't forget…

En route to Russian Embassy: Moscow, Russia

Shinji and Asuka were facing multiple enforcers and bulls eyes. They have already assumed rearguard position because they were already pummeling the armored SUV with their gattling cannons.

"Are you still okay, comrades?" asked the informant casually.

"Yes, we are holding up." Replied Shinji. `How the hell could he be so casual about this?! He acts as if he's not concerned!' Shinji thought, slightly irritated.

As the team was about to engage their rear weapons, the enforcers and bulls eyes suddenly withdrew.

"What's happening? Why did they withdraw?" Asuka asked with curiosity in her voice.

"I don't know but keep your guard up. You newer know what they have up in their sleeves."

As soon as they had cleared most of the highway, they heard the sound of three vehicles incoming. When they saw the vehicles, they were immediately relieved.

"Hey Toji! How did the elimination of the agents go?" asked Shinji as the 5 vehicles resumed their normal positions.

"It went well actually. I never knew that this SEELE bastards could fight so hard." Replied Toji.

As he was about to ask Kensuke and Rei the same thing, they heard the horn of a truck. When the sound came closer, they heard multiple engines and horns.

"What the heck is that? Don't tell me that is a pack or Road Lords!"

When they finally saw what it was, their worst fears were confirmed, only much worse. They saw 10 Road Lords, 10 master vans and the enforcers they faced earlier leading the way.

`Oh shit.'

Somewhere in Moscow, Russia

A black semi truck complete with its trailer was parked in the woods. When the truck's radar detected the pack of Road Lords and Master vans, she started the engine and turned on the headlights.

"Its time."

En route to Russian Embassy: Moscow, Russia

The IES agents were having a tough time. After dodging a whole volley of guided missiles from the Road Lords, they were now being pummeled by minigun fire coming from the Master vans.

`Why did have to happen to us?' Shinji asked himself grimly.

As the Road Lords were about to fire another volley of their missile payload. They heard a truck's horn that was much louder than theirs. When it came closer, they saw it was only a regular Transporter.

"Destroy that nuisance!" bellowed the leader.

"Yes sir."

As the road lords in rear guard about to use their hydraulic rams to crush this imbecile, the truck began to change.

"What's happening?"

The trucks hood began to open to reveal its quad gattling cannons. The trailers side began to open to reveal more armor as it was being locked into place. The driver's cabin began to transform as the exterior of the whole truck became sleek and the letters IES shown on the side and the words "ROAD MASTER" written on the hood.

"That's IES! Eliminate it immediately!"

The MKII Road Lords and Master vans were no match for the Road Master. It simply engaged its hydraulic rams as it charged through the road. When the Road master came into contact with the Road Lords, they were tossed to the side and simply collided with the other road lords and master vans that caused their fiery explosion.

The IES agents were simply surprised by the massive power of the Road Master. They never knew that the IES had special vehicles such as this. Their reverie was cut short when the Road master went ahead of them and then opened the rear ramp.

"Quick! Get inside!" commanded a feminine voice that was oddly familiar to Shinji.

"Who are you?"

"We have no tie for this! Just get inside!"

Shinji complied and the others followed him, along with the informant. As soon as the last car was safely aboard the vehicle, it quickly closed the ramp.

A few minutes later, the crew was able to talk to the informant.

"My name is Vladimir Polvac. I was once employed by the Cossack but I defected to you because I started to become disgusted with him."

"Who is the Cossack?"

"He is Vladimir Impalakov. He is a high-ranking Russian official working for the minister of defense."

All conversations were cut short when the driver revealed herself.

"Long time no see guys!" said the figure somewhat enthusiastically.

"Who are you?"

The figure turned on the light. It revealed the smiling face of Hikari Horaki.

"HIKARI!" exclaimed Asuka as she hugged her best friend. The pigtailed girl hugged hr back.

"So how are things with Shinji?"

Asuka blushed at this" Just fine Hikari. Just fine." She decided to change the subject."By the way, how is your relationship with the stooge going?" Asuka asked in a teasing manner.

"HEY!" exclaimed Toji.

"Sorry, just kidding. So how is it?"

Hikari only blushed.

IES Headquarters: Frankfurt, Germany

"Major, the Roa master has successfully made contact with the team. They are a few minutes away from the embassy." Reported Makoto, who was currently inputting some commands in his module.

"Very well, contact IES security in the airport to prevent the destruction of Polvac's plane."

"Will do." Replied Makoto, already back at his console to type the message.

Inside the Road Master: Moscow, Russia

After a few minutes of chatting and conversations, the road master's autopilot stopped.

"Looks like we're here. We'll just wait here for Polvac because the embassy is defended by IES agents and there is only a 1% chance of SEELE attacking this place." Said Hikari as she read the IES report.

Shinji and the others nodded as Vladimir ran outside the Road Master towards the embassy. After a few minutes, he came back carrying with him a large silver brief case.

"Looks like our job is done here so let's go." Hikari said as she started the engine of the Road master. It rumbled out of the embassy and towards the highway. As they passed son=me houses the saw some SEELE agents in super bikes trailing them.

"Okay guys. Looks like will be having some action again. Just sit tight and I'll take care of these pests."

The side of the trailer opened as the 4 pairs of gattling cannons were revealed. The top of the trailer opened to reveal 4 armor-piercing rocket launchers.

"Let's see how you like this!"

The gattling cannons began to fie towards their pursuers. The bike simply dodged the bullets as it harmlessly flew by them. Hikari, seeing the opportunity, began to fie the Road Master's rockets. This time, the Agents were not so lucky when they exploded in a shower of flames.

"There's the airport. Lets go!" said Hikari as she stepped on the accelerator to bring the Road master to full speed.

Sheremetyevo 2 (SVO 2): Moscow, Russia

A few minutes later, the Road Master has arrived at the airport. The 5 cars were unloaded and Vladimir Polvac was now rushed to his armored Boeing 747. They felt satisfaction in knowing that the mission was over but that satisfaction was short-lived as they saw multiple Bulls eyes and road lords.

"We must eliminate them before they get to the plane!" Shinji said to the others as they scrambled for their own vehicles. A few minutes later, the plane was already on the airfield running at full speed. Two bulls eyes suddenly drove in fron of the plane and began to shoot it.

"Eat lead!" exclaimed Asuka as her bike's side compartment revealed 2 specially modified T-01 miniguns. The two bulls eyes sped up considerably to avoid the gunfire but to no avail. The miniguns were simply too fast for the bulls eyes and they exploded in balls of fire when the bullets pierced through the armor and came into contact with gas tanks.

Road lords were chasing Shinji and the rest of the IES crew. It seems that their rear weapons weren't working because of the specially modified tires and armor. Suddenly, Shinji got an idea.

"Guys, here's the plan. I want you all to run in full speed then on my signal you will make a quick 180, push the gear in reverse, engage the railgun and fire. Got it?"

"We got it Shinji."

The 4 vehicles charged through the road even faster than before. They were already nearing the tail of the aircraft when suddenly…

"Now!"

All 4 vehicles made a quick 180, continued on reverse and engaged their MKII railguns. The MKII railguns came out of its weapons payload bay as their pursuers were quickly nearing them. After a few seconds, the railgun glowed yellow and they all pulled the trigger. A yellow beam of pure energy came out of the railguns cannon and came into contact with the enemy Road Lords. As soon as they came into contact, the Road Lords exploded to a fiery death.

After their battle with the Road Lords, Shinji received a popup vidcomm. Coming from Polvac.

"Thank you comrade for escorting me to the airport. I'll make sure that the IES gets this information that I am currently in possession of. I will never forget this."

Shinji turned his head to look at the airplane for the last time. He pulled away his gaze when he heard the Road Master come back to their position. Shinji sent a message to the others to return to the Road Master. A few minutes later, They have all boarded the Road Master when the vector class weapons aircraft landed in front of them.

"Looks like its time to go back."

Hikari drove the Road master towards the payload hatch of the weapons aircraft. As soon as it was fully boarded, the weapons aircraft lifted off the ground and finally headed for the IES base.

Somewhere in the Arctic

Senator Ikari Gendo was reading the latest SEELE report when he slammed his fist to the desk.

"So Shinji has prevented the assassination of Polvac." Ikari muttered to himself angrily. "I'll make sure he doesn't succeed again." Was his last remark as he walked out of his office.

Author's notes: There you have it! My third chapter is finally up. I finally found a role for Hikari. I decided that she would be the driver of my very own Road Master. I would try to put chapter 4 up as fast as humanly possible.

.