Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Eva Spyhunter ❯ Trouble at the Plant ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's disclaimer: Read first chapter

Eva Spyhunter

Chapter 4: Trouble at the Plant

IES forward deployment base: Vladivostok, Russia

After a long and grueling trip from Moscow, the IES agents were now in their quarters, refreshing them selves. After changing their clothes, they met in the cafeteria where they chatted.

"Hey, Hikari. Why were you assigned the Road Master?" asked Asuka with curiosity.

"Well, Misato discovered my driving skills a few years back. She assigned me to my first vehicle, a state-of-the-art Halberd weapons van to assist IES agents whenever they needed assistance. After my successful assignments, she assigned me to the experimental TRU-16, otherwise known as the Road Master."

"I see. So how is your relationship with Toji by the way?"

Toji blushed when he heard the question.

"Well, it seems to be going pretty well Asuka. Toji and I have been going out for 6 months already. How about you?"

"Well, me and Shinji have been going out for a year already. Things between us have progressed quite nicely. We plan to get engaged at the end of the year."

After a few more minutes and friendly conversations, the crew decided to turn in for the night. Asuka went with Shinji, Rei went with Kensuke and Hikari went with Toji. All of them slept peacefully through the night, oblivious to what is to come.

Corridor leading to briefing Room: IES forward deployment base: Vladivostok, Russia

The IES agents were walking through the corridors of the base leading to the briefing room when Asuka suddenly collided with someone.

"OW! Watch where yo- KAJI-SAN!" Asuka exclaimed as she hugged the older man.

"Hey Asuka! I can't breathe! Besides your fiancée might become jealous!" Kaji said in a teasing manner. Both teens blushed as red as a tomato. Asuka recovered first and asked kaji a question.

"Kaji-san, what are you doing here anyway?"

"I'm the new Espionage director assigned to you. Misato assigned me to you're group so that when you are in another country, someone will brief you on the mission. Now that I have answered your question, lets come inside so I can brief you on your next assignment."

Briefing room: IES forward deployment base: Vladivostok, Russia

"First and foremost, I would like to commend the IES team that consists of Agent Ikari Shinji, Agent Sohryu Asuka Langley, Agent Ikari Rei, Agent Aida Kensuke and Agent Suzuhara Toji as well as Agent Horaki Hikari for her outstanding performance of driving the Road Master to the best of her abilities. Lets us now go into business."

Kaji flicked a switch that showed the blueprint of a Russian factory.

"This is the Godel Demodovo factory located at Vladivostok. This particular nuclear power plant has already been shut down in the mid-1960s. Reports indicate that Vladimir Impalakov, also known as the `Cossack', is restoring this same factory through huge amounts of money being channeled here. The Russian government has asked us to investigate the abnormal readings and movements within the power plant their own units are incapable of making a sortie near the power plant."

Kaji focused his pointer to the power plants entrance.

"Intelligence reports have shown that the entrance is most likely unguarded for some unknown reason."

Kaji focused his pointer to the alternate entrance of the power plant.

"It is also possible to infiltrate the plant here but due to the Interceptor's size, only a bike or the Interceptors SEV mode can fit here. Agent Ikari Shinji, you are assigned by Major Katsuragi to investigate the strange abnormalities in the plant by accessing the entrance. Agent Sohryu, you will be entering the plant in the alternate entrance shown here. Two weapons aircrafts will airlift you to the position. Because of the enemy anti-aircraft weapons detected in the area, both of you will utilize your-own built-in parachutes of the Interceptor and the Red Phoenix. Agents Ikari, Aida and Suzuhara will wait at the extraction point for your arrival. Agent Hokari, you will use the Road master to make the extraction as soon as the IES team is complete. That is all. Be ready to mobilize in 15 minutes."

IES airfield: IES forward deployment base: Vladivostok, Russia

The Kensuke, Rei, Shinji, Asuka, Shinji, Toji and Hikari were talking about the plan.

"Okay guys, here's the plan. Asuka and I will infiltrate the base while the three of you protect the Road master at all costs. As soon as you spot us, be ready to dock with the Road Master. We will follow you soon after. If those SEELE bastards decide to hunt you down, use the rear weapons of the Road Master so as to conserve the ammo of the offensive weapons it possesses. Got it?"

"Okay. We got you Ikari."

After 2 minutes, the IES agents have boarded their vehicles. The three anti-interceptors drove through the payload bay of the Road Master. Unit-01 and the Red Phoenix were already loaded in their respective MKII weapons aircraft. After a few minutes, the Vector class weapons aircraft carrier landed in front of the Road Master. As soon as it was fully landed, Hikari started the engine of he vehicle and entered the dark payload bay of the Vector class. When the Road master was fully locked into place, the bay was closed.

"This is unit Alpha. Requesting permission to take off."

"This is unit Beta. Requesting permission to take off."

"This is unit Gamma. Requesting permission to take off."

"This is air traffic control. Alpha, Beta and Gamma, you are cleared for take-off." Replied the air traffic controller in a professional manner.

The three weapons aircraft began to ascend as their thrusters gained more power. When they were already 30 feet from the ground, they redirected their thrusters towards the rear then flew off. Unit Gamma, the one housing the Road Master, assumed the lead position. The three weapons aircraft carrier assumed a triangle position as their thrusters gained maximum power.

SEELE headquarters: Petra, Jordan

"Reports indicate that Ikari's spawn has once again defeated our forces. Now that the evidence that Polvac holds is in the hands of the IES, they have surely discovered Vladimir Impalakov." Stated SEELE-01 to the other members. "Intelligence reports indicate that two of the IES agents have infiltrated the Godel Demodovo nuclear power plant. I want them eliminated immediately."

"We have already mobilized the Leviathan and the Dr. Torpedoes stationed there. I believe that the firepower and speed of the Leviathan is enough to put an end to Ikari's spawn once and for all." Replied SEELE 10 confidently.

"Very well. I leave you to it then."

Godel Demodovo Nuclear Power Plant: Vladivostok, Russia

The SEELE commander was searching the skies for any signs of movement when his his officer called him.

"Sie! We are detecting three unidentified aircrafts approaching enemy airspace. It must be The IES!"

The commander quickly scrambled for the radio.

"All units, this is AA command. Prepare the flak cannons and fire at anything that doesn't belong to our forces!"

Skies of Vladivostok, en route to Godel Demodovo: Vladivostok, Russia

The three weapons aircraft has already entered enemy airspace without being detected. The pilot of unit Gamma opened a link to the other two.

"This is unit Gamma, I'll be heading to nav point Charlie to transport my payload now. You two are on your own." With that, the Vector class weapons aircraft turned left and proceeded to dive under the clouds.

The other two weapons aircrafts were not encountering any difficulty when they suddenly heard explosions outside. The aircrafts fuselage seemed to vibrate as the sound came closer.

`What the heck is that?' were the same question that went through the minds of both Shinji and Asuka.

"Shinji! We are encountering cannon fire! Once we reach the LZ, prepare exit eh weapons aircraft!" ordered the pilot.

"Yes sir!"

The two weapons aircraft turned from left to right to avoid the Flak. For the time being, they successfully avoided the cannon fire they were receiving. Suddenly, three salvos of Flak pierced through the left wing of Unit Alpha, puncturing the gas tanks that made the left wing catch fire.

"Shit! We've been hit! Shinji prepare to engage the emergency exit override! I'll try to rendezvous with Unit Beta to avoid any more damage.

"Shinji just nodded and rushed to the Interceptor. When he was seated inside he received an urgent link from Asuka.

"Shinji! Are you alright?' Asked Asuka worriedly.

"Yes Asuka. I'm fine. Just a bit peachy."

"Make sure that you survive this baka or I'll never forgive you!"

"I promise."

Shinji engaged the emergency override that jettisoned the locks of the payload bay and the clamps on the interceptor. He felt a lurch when the catapult quickly ejected him from the aircraft. His vehicle continued to fall downward when the automatic parachutes of the Interceptor were quickly engaged. He saw Asuka's bike engage its parachutes too. As soon as he has reached the ground, Shinji stepped on the accelerator.

Nav point Charlie (Extraction Point, Outskirts of the Godel Demodovo): Vladivostok, Russia

The vector class weapons aircraft has successfully landed without the enemy detecting it. Hikari gave the pilot a small nod before her Road Master rumbled out of the payload bay.

"I wonder how Shinji and Asuka are doing?"

Godel Demodovo Nuclear power plant: Vladivostok, Russia

20 guards were standing near the gate when they heard saw the intimidating visage of the Interceptor running towards them.

"That's our target! Prepare to engage the enemy!" screamed the commander.

All 20 SEELE Special Forces guards cocked their AK-47D at the ready. When it came closer, the SEELE commander cocked his at the ready too.

"FIRE!"

All 20 Special Forces assault sentries fired their guns at the same time. Shinji engaged the HCPC shield of his interceptor that caused most of the bullets to be deflected. Some found their mark though, but were nullified by the AHE self-regenerating armor.

Shinji smirked as he engaged his dual gattling cannons. The forward weapons bay hatches revealed their intimidating figures.

"Eat this!"

Shinji pulled the trigger without hesitation. The gattling cannons fired a continuous round of bullets that struck most of the soldiers in the torso and the arm. Because of the tremendous firepower that the cannons possessed, almost all of them were killed on the spot.

"Hmph. serves you right."

Shinji stepped on the accelerator as he fired a burst of bullets towards the gate. Te gate swung open to provide him access. As he entered the compound, he made a tight right turn. As he was about to make a left turn, a Road Lord suddenly approached him from behind and rammed him, making him lurch forward in the interceptor. Shinji was angered by this blatant attempt to eliminate him.

"How dare you!"

The interceptors new rear weapon bay opened to reveal a new automated rear-firing missile launcher.

"Lets see how you like this!'

The Interceptor launched a volley of guided missiles. The guided missiles pierced through the front grill and damaged the gas tank, making it to burst in flames and turn to its side, colliding with a nearby building. Shinji just smirked.

Godel Demodovo alternate entrance: Vladivostok, Russia

Asuka has successfully infiltrated the power plant. She was using the power plant's emergency exit system in case of emergencies. As she reached the open road, several enforcers were waiting for her.

"Lets see what you're made of."

Asuka willed her bike to avoid the enforcers. The enforcers tires' squealed when the made a quick 180 t follow her. The Red Phoenix's defensive weapons bay opened to reveal the MIN-06 minelayer. The minelayer released several small mines. As the mines came into contact with the lead enforcer's tires, it exploded immediately, making it into a burning heap of junk. The other enforcers just rammed the wreckage off the road. Asuka just grinned as she engaged her "finishing blow".

The offensive weapons bay of the Red Phoenix's began to open to reveal dual armor-piercing rocket launchers. The Enforcer just engaged their forward firing machine guns to counter this threat. The enforcers began to fire wildly at Asuka as she dodged the bullets from left to right.

"Its show time."

She fired 5 salvos of armor-piercing rockets towards her pursuers. The enforcers luckily dodged the first Salvo but when they encountered the other 4 salvos, their luck has simply run out. The first 4 rockets destroyed the leftmost enforcer, making the wreckage collide with the one beside it so hard that it exploded upon impact. The other 6 pierced through the hood with so much force that it ignited the oil and made them 2 burning wreckages.

Godel Demodovo nuclear power plant en rout to main generator: Vladivostok Russia

Shinji has successfully eliminated his pursuer. When he was about to ask Leoni something when the popup vidcomm link winked on and the AI suddenly spoke up.

"Urgent message received from headquarters. Primary objective is to destroy the main power plant generator, investigate the strange energy readings and to rendezvous with Agent Sohryu and the Road master. Secondary objectives are to escape with any information gathered in the investigation. That is all." The popup video link winked off.

"Roger that." Shinji said over the link as he turned left towards the wastewater facility heading towards the plant. Suddenly, the building's wall in front of him exploded revealing two MKII road lords. The two began the chase as soon as the interceptor was in range. The two road lords attempted to crush the interceptor as they engaged their hydraulic rams. The interceptor enabled its newly developed laser when the two road lords attempted to sandwich him in between. As soon as they got close, the laser punctured the tires, making the two road lords lose speed. Shinji activated his rear flamethrowers, leaving t burning wreckages in his wake.

Alternate route, Godel Demodovo: Vladivostok, Russia

Asuka sped by the broken towers and buildings. She turned towards emergency exit system B that is supposed to lead her to the main nuclear reactor. Once she saw a gate, she fired a burst of her gattling cannons, blowing door off its hinges. Once she was inside, she stopped in the middle to take in her surroundings. The sound of revving engines made her look around. She saw several Road lords blocking the pathway and several enforcers in front of them.

"Oh crap. Better call Shinji now!"

Godel Demodovo Nuclear Power plant: Vladivostok, Russia

Shinji was now speeding towards the location of the main generator. When he saw that he was going to traverse rough terrain, he engaged the interceptor's off road mode. The interceptor's wheels began to enlarge. The middle of thee front grill and the bumper began to open as the yellow roll bar with headlights was locked in place. The top of the roof began t open as 4 powerful headlights were locked into place. The middle of the rear bumper and taillights began to open to reveal the yellow roll bar being locked into place.

As soon as the transformation was finished, the vidcomm link became active.

"The presence of Agent Sohryu detected. She is under attack by three road lords and four enforcers."

Shinji stepped on the accelerator, hoping to reach Asuka in time.

"Hang on Asuka! I'm coming!"

En route to nuclear generator, Godel Demodovo: Vladivostok, ssia

Asuka has already successfully destroyed two of the enforcers and a road lord. The remaining enemy agents have been pursuing her all the time while the two remaining road lords were still on guard at the pathway. Suddenly, two explosions made her look towards the position of the road lords. She saw two burning wreckages rammed to the side by the Interceptor. She opened a link to Unit-01.

"Shinji! Let's show them what we can do!"

"Alright Asuka." Said the smirking face of Ikari Shinji.

The two IES agents began to charge towards the enforcers. The enforcers engaged their forward-firing machine guns and fired wildly. The two IES vehicles separated as the bullets ripped through the air. Shinji and Asuka engaged their vehicles AHEII multi-rocket system. As so as the enforcers were in range, they fired volley after volley of rocket fire. The rockets hit their mark as two of the enforcers exploded in a shower of flames and their wreckage flew into the air. The rest of the enforcers exploded in a heap of flaming junk.

"Okay Shinji. We're approaching the wastewater elimination facility. Prepare to engage your boat form!"

"Okay Asuka. Preparing to engage!"

Once the two vehicles reached the end of the road, Shinji's interceptor and Asuka's Red Phoenix began to change. The armor plates slid to cover the tires. The hood began to move back towards the driver's cockpit. Aerial stabilizers appeared through the armor plates as the rear trunk disappeared to reveal the revolutionary GHI- propulsion thruster.

The red phoenix's armor began to cover the driver's position as the rear tire changed into the GHG-propulsion thruster. The front wheel disappeared to be replaced by two water stabilizers and front rudders.

The two vehicles landed into the water with a splash. As they sped towards the nuclear generator, 10 Dr. Torpedoes were waiting for them.

Godel Demodovo Secret Naval Facility, Wastewater elimination system: Vladivostok, Russia

"Sir! The agents have reported that the sighted the Interceptor!" said the tactical communications officer.

"Very well, prepare the `Yukon' right away."

Godel Demodovo Wastewater elimination system: Vladivostok, Russia

Shinji and Asuka have been dodging the torpedo attacks of the Dr. Torpedoes. Luckily, their rear weapons system is enough to keep them at bay. Suddenly, all Dr, Torpedoes pursuing them went ahead and turned right on the corner. When they saw what was waiting for them, they cursed

"Shit."

The Leviathan super ship was being escorted by the Dr. Torpedoes. The two IES agents attempted to fire their gattling cannons, hoping that they would be able to destroy the Leviathan, but to no avail. Leviathan's level three armor almost made it impossible to destroy by gunfire.

The Leviathan's side armor slid off veal 4 pairs of gattling cannons. Seeing this, the two IES agents began to weave back and forth as the gattling cannons began to fire at them.

Shinji and Asuka were beginning to get annoyed by the Leviathan so they engaged their AHE armor-piercing rockets and their ACE cluster missiles. Once their multiple targeting reticules has locked on to the Leviathan and the Dr.Topedoes, they launched all their deadly missile payload and volley after volley of their armor-piercing rockets.

The armor piercing rockets and the cluster missiles struck the starboard of the Leviathan. The first volley of the rockets made a gaping hole in the Leviathan, causing it to slowly sink to oblivion. The remaining missiles finished the job, sending all the Dr. Torpedoes and ultimately the Leviathan off to oblivion.

"Nuclear reactor in sight."

Once they ached dry land, the Interceptor and the Red Phoenix automatically changed to their land vehicle form. They entered a tunnel, which, at the end, housed the nuclear reactor.

Shinji opened a link to the red phoenix.

"Asuka, the reactor is the end of this tunnel. Also, the strange energy readings seem to be coming from this place. To destroy the reactor, use the rail gun. Understood?"

"Got it. Engaging rail gun."

The two IES vehicles sped faster than before while engaging their rail guns. A few moments later, two beams of pure energy emanating from the Interceptor and the red Phoenix struck the inactive reactor. The energy was so powerful that the reactor was destroyed the moment the beam came into contact with it. While on the way out, they saw a small generator that, according to their sensors, has vast amounts of energy in their reserves.

Shinji used the automatic retrieval system to retrieve the generator. After a few moments, they sped towards the outside of the facility. Several Road Lords and Enforcers were already waiting for them outside.

"Lets not waste any more time with these imbeciles. Lets us just use the rear weapons to eliminate them!"

The Interceptor and the Red Phoenix were now side by side as they dodged the numerous missiles and machinegun fire that they were receiving. They both engaged their oil slicks and smoke screens that made the enemy agents to either run into the woods and explode or fire blindly at their comrades, killing each other in the process.

"Hikari, this is Shinji. We are approaching Nav point Charlie now. Tell Kensuke, Toji and Rei to take up a defensive position around your vehicle. Makure you're ready once we arrive. Clear?"

Nav point Charlie (Outskirts of Godel Demodovo Power Plant): Vladivostok, Russia

"Understood." Replied Hikari as she started the engine.

"Okay guys, listen up! You three are to take up defensive position around the Road Master once Shinji and Asuka are safely aboard the Master. Understood?"

"Yeah, we got it"

The Road Master began to gain speed as the three anti-interceptors assumed a defensive position around the Road Master. Rei was in front while Toji and Kenuske were on the to sides of the Road Master. The 4 of them looked at their rearview mirrors when they heard und of two engines. They all sighed in relief when they saw the Interceptor and the Red Phoenix.

"Okay guys. Come in as soon as the ramp is fully opened!"

The three an-interceptors relinquished their defensive positions as Shinji and Asuka got on the Road master. The three remaining IES agents followed short after.

Hikari was about to slow down when radar picked something up.

"Heads up! We have 6 incoming bogies!"

3 attack helis and 3 jump jets suddenly appeared to make chase. Hikari activated the built-in CIWS of the Road Master. When they were fully operational, the CIWS began to fire bursts of bullets as she weave left to right, attempting to outrun their pursuers. He jump jets do bullets ease, nut the attack helis were not so lucky. All of them fell from the sky in burning wreckages.

"Preparing to fire armor-piercing missiles!"

The CIWS on top of the Road masters trailer came down to be replaced with OCA- Rapid-fire armor piercing missiles that are capable of obtaining multiple lock-ons. As soon as the jump jets were in range, she fired volley after volley of the deadly multi-missile. When they had already achieved medium range, the missiles split apart into 6 separate missiles to continue on their journey. The multi missile destroyed all of the jump jets.

"Unit Gamma, this is IES team. Awaiting pick-up now." Hikari said over the link.

"Roger that, IES team. ETA minutes."

After waiting for five whole minutes, the weapons aircraft along with two F-22 escorts landed in front of them. The Road Master rumbled onto the open ramp as the two escorts were circling the Evac. Point. A few minutes later, the weapons aircraft launched vertically, turned their thrusters to maximum power then boosted towards the mobile command in Vladivostok.

Author's notes: I've finally finished chapter 4 after three days of typing. I hope to put Chapter 5 up as fast as humanly possible. \