Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Eva Spyhunter ❯ Unfinished Business ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's disclaimer: Read first chapter.

Eva Spyhunter

Chapter 5: Unfinished Business

SEELE headquarters: Petra, Jordan

"This is not good." Said SEELE-01 with bitterness in his voice. "Ikari's spawn has already created too much trouble. He has already infiltrated and destroyed the main nuclear reactor of the Godel Demodovo. I want him eliminated immediately. Call Impalakov for the emergency meeting of the Ararat society. We must polish our plans first before they are destroyed by these imbeciles."

"We are currently designing new vehicles to counter this threat. We hope to finish all of these developments by the end of the week." Stated 08

"We have just received a report that Impalakov is on his way here aboard the Senetovsky. 10 raptors are believed to have been deployed by Polvac to eliminate Impalakov. I doubt that those enemy aircrafts will last long." SEELE 09 smirked. " They will surely be turned into so much flotsam."

Somewhere in Vladivostok, Russia

"This is Omega 1, preparing to attack the `Senetovsky'. Exercise extreme caution!" yelled the Squadron leader yelled over the radio.

"Roger that, Omega 1."

The 10 aircrafts dived into the clouds and stabilized their aircraft just in time to avoid plummeting towards the water. When they have neared their target, they saw a large seaplane with 4 engines under its wings. It looked ordinary.

"This should be a piece of cake. Fire at will!"

The 10 Raptors began to fire their machine guns at the seemingly normal seaplane. Suddenly, two missile launchers appeared at the tip of the wing. At that same moment, the `Senetovsky' decided to fire its deadly missile payload.

"Shit! Fox 2 is on our tail! Evade!"

The two lead F-22 raptors made a hard right to avoid the missiles. The missiles just kept on following them, never once slowing down but catching up to them fast.

`Looks like we can't shake them. Enter supersonic speed!"

The two raptors' thrusters began to enlarge in size at they entered supersonic speed. The two missiles sped even further, catching up with them quickly. Within a quick flash, the two raptors suddenly exploded, making them look like burning fireballs falling from the sky.

"This is Omega 3 to all units. Omega 11 and 12 are down. Pull back!" The 8 remaining raptors were beginning to pull back as the `Senetovsky' continued to attack them with its endless barrage of rocket fire.

"What the!?"

8 missiles were suddenly launched and struck their targets in the wings. Some of the missiles ripped through the fuselage, causing some of it to explode upon impact. The missiles made them all plummet down towards the ocean, therefore making a cataclysmic explosion.

IES forward deployment base: Vladivostok, Russia

The IES team that was assigned to investigate the plant has successfully completed the mission and has now been returned to base. Ryouji Kaji was analyzing the documents given to him by Polvac when his telephone rang.

"Hello?"

"Comrade, this is Vladimir. My intelligence sources indicating that Vladimir Impalakov is trying to escape using the Experimental Super plane `Senetovsky'. This demonic plane shut down 10 of our finest pilots. I suggest that you assign one man to eliminate the plane because it would make it harder for Impalakov to destroy your agent. If he is not stopped, he may tell SEELE of his findings and have the IES headquarters and forward deplyment base here in Vladivostok destroyed. That is all comrade." The link then suddenly winked off.

Kaji pondered the report by Polvac before opening a link to the IES agents.

"Meet me in the briefing room. Something important came up. This is of urgent importance." Kaji turned the link off.

Private quarters: IES base: Vladivostok, Russia

"Yeah, sure Kaji." Said Shinji over the link before he turned the link off.

"What was it that Kaji wanted to talk about?" asked Asuka. Kensuke, Toji and Rei were all listening to the conversation.

"I don't know but Kaji said that we must go to the briefing room right away!" With that, they all walked off towards the briefing room.

IES briefing room: IES forward deployment base: Vladivostok, Russia

As they were all seated on their designated seats, Kaji read a file he received from Vladimir Polvac. He cleared his throat to begin his briefing. Everyone at the room was silenced.

"Vladimir Polvac called me today to report something of great importance. Vladimir Impalakov is trying to escape." A collective gasp fills the room. Kaji raises his right hand to silence them. "Polvac reportedly sent 10 F-22 raptors to destroy his vehicle, the experimental seaplane `Senetovsky'. If he succeeds to escape, there is a great possibility that the IES headquarters at Frankfurt. Germany, the Forward deployment base here at Russia and the other IES branches from around the world, are destroyed by the wrath of SEELE. Shinji, I am assigning you to destroy the Senetovsky because of your skill in driving Unit-01. You are to eliminate him as fast as possible."

"But Kaji, Shinji might be killed!" Asuka cried.

"I can't change my decision. An order is an order."

"But-"

"No buts, Asuka. You will be there in a weapons boat to escort Shinji but you are not to approach the weapons range of the Senetovsky."

:"Alright." Asuka replied sadly.

"Good. Prepare to be deployed in 10 minutes."

As soon as they got out of the room, Asuka hugged Shinji tightly.

"Shinji, you be careful out there okay? Because if you don't, I'll kick your butt and make you regret whatever you did to me. Are we clear on that?" Asuka said in a worried voice.

Shinji just chuckled and hugged her tighter.

"Okay Asuka. I'll keep my promise."

And with a final passionate kiss, they were off to their vehicles and their respective weapons boat.

Undisclosed Location: Vladivostok, Russia

Two IES weapons boats were cruising at speed of about 60 knots. The lead boat, unit Iota, had its weapons systems online while the second one, unit kappa, had its communications tower online. The driver of unit Iota opened a link to unit Kappa.

"This is unit Iota. Entering enemy's last known location. Unit Kappa, you are to remain outside the enemy's range. Is that clear?"

"Roger that."

Unit Iota sped up and left unit Kappa outside the enemy's range. After 2 minutes, the weapons boat came to a sudden stop.

"Okay Shinji, you are to eliminate the Senetovsky with anything at your disposal. Well, good luck."

Shinji just nodded as he waited for his interceptor to get loaded out of the weapons van. After a few moments, the gigantic side armor plate of the weapons van opened to reveal a side-scrolling crane with the Interceptor under its arm. The crane extended its reach and lowered the crane. The crane's `arms' released its hold on the Interceptor, retreated back to the weapons bay and closed the side armor plate.

Shinji stepped on the accelerator once he came unto contact with the water. The interceptor ripped through the water as it ran through it in amazing speeds. As he saw the large looming figure of the Senetovsky, he just grinned.

"Show me what you can do!"

Inside the `Senetovsky': Vladivostok, Russia

Vladimir Impalakov was seated at his command module, taking in everything that his tactical communications officer has been telling him for almost an hour now. Suddenly, his radar officers spoke up.

"Sir! We have detected the Interceptor approaching the ship. AI recommends the activation of all defensive weapons systems before he has entered our attack range."

"Very well. Activate all defense systems, comrade. I want this imbecile crushed like a fly!"

Somewhere in Vladivostok, Russia

The interceptor sped towards the Senetovsky. When he got close enough, he saw the intimidating figure of the experimental seaplane. Suddenly, he saw 4 missiles approach him in high speeds.

"Uh-oh. Time to evade!"

He willed the Interceptor to a hard left to avid a head-on collision with the quick-maneuver missiles. The quick maneuver missiles followed him and increased its speed as Shinji engaged his turbo boosts. The secret side compartments slid off to reveal two medium-sized CYS- turbo thrusters that are capable of boosting him to 267 kph. Because of the missiles persistent behavior, Shinji decided to engage his electronic counter measures. He first engaged his ECM jammer and then he fired loads of flares and Chaffs. The missiles began to lose their target when they suddenly exploded in the chaff.

Shinji continued to his original course towards the Senetovsky. As he caught up with the seaplane, he could see the thrusters beginning to glow brighter than before.

Inside the `Senetovsky': Vladivostok, Russia

"Sir. We are putting the thrusters to maximum power. Compact energy cells are running at 100%. All systems online. Preparing to take-off!"

"Very good. I want to get out of here as soon as possible. Especially with Ikari on my back." Stated Vladimir grimly. "We have a meeting with the Ararat society to decide what course of action we will take against Ikari's spawn."

"Alright. Engines 1,2,3 and 4 are at maximum power. All sub thrusters engaged. Level 4 initiated. We are abo- WAIT! Radar is detecting 4 missiles heading for the engines!"

"What!? Eliminate those immediately! We cannot afford to be defeated!"

Somewhere in Vladivostok, Russia

Shinji smirked as he saw his missiles heading for the engines.

"You think you could easily get away from me do you? Well, I'm afraid you are sorely mistaken."

The interceptor sped faster than before while firing a few rounds of his gattling cannons towards the plane's rear. When he heard an explosion he smirked with satisfaction but the smirked vanished when he saw the plane unharmed.

"Damn! I must get close to it and finish it off!"

SEELE headquarters: Petra, Jordan

"I have received a message from Impalakov that he has been attacked by Ikari's spawn. So far, he tells me that the Interceptor hasn't inflicted any damage. Rest assured that Impalakov will surely eliminate the threat posed by Ikari's spawn." Said SEELE 06 reading the report given by Impalakov.

"Good. Keep it that way. I want him out there as soon as possible. Impalakov is too valuable to lose at this time."

Inside the Senetovsky: Vladivostok, Russia

"Sir. We have successfully deterred the missiles!"

"Good. Keep it that way."

Vladimir returned to his seat and sighed. `What will the meeting with the Ararat society be all about.' He thought grimly `I hope that this Ikari will not ruin the plans of SEELE that we have perfected for decades now. I shall not allow this. I will crush him with this plane.' He began to smile sadistically when suddenly; the seaplane was shook by a powerful blast.

"What was that? Status of the aircraft?"

"The sensors have confirmed that those were rounds from an IES rail gun. We believe that the Interceptor must have deployed his own rail gun. We have damage in right and left wing. Engines 1 and 3 are severely damaged. We have enough power to launch but because of the damage the automatic regulator received, it would take time to finish it."

"Prepare to launch immediately! If this aircraft is destroyed I'll take care of this pest once and for all."

Somewhere in Vladivostok, Russia

Shinji began to fire his DET Mk.II- rapid-fire rail gun. He began to smile sadistically when he saw the two engines in the right and left wing catch flames respectively. He finally smirked in satisfaction when the aircraft began to sink.

Inside the Senetovsky: Vladivostok, Russia

"Sir! The aircraft has a hull breach! Initiating Emergency Kesia protocol. Sir, you should evacuate too!" Cried his officer.

"No, I have something to do here. You and the others go on ahead. There is a pest that must be crushed." With that, he walked off towards his secret helipad.

When he arrived in the helipad, he saw a black attack chopper. It was the Attack Heli Mk. II. It was capable of attacking any enemy with laser weapons that are highly accurate. He donned his flight suit, the helmet and sat inside the cockpit. He turned on a few switches and the helicopter rumbled to life. The HUD indicated that everything was operational and nominal. Impalakov smirked.

"I shall destroy you now!"

Somewhere in Vladivostok, Russia

Shinji was still smiling when he saw the Senetovsky tipping heavily towards the lefts isde, half of its wing submerged. His smile widened further when he saw emergency escape boats pulling away from the aircraft. `No need to eliminate them' Shinji thought. `My target is Impalakov.' He opened a link to IES Russia.

"This is Agent Ikari. We have successful elimination of the Senetovsky. Headi- what the?"

What made him stop was the dome on top of the Senetovsky opened up to reveal a black chopper. The chopper took off and headed toward him.

"Wait. Something came up. I'll report to you later." He closed the link and asked Leoni. "Leoni, what is that chopper? Give me your full analysis."

"Analyzing target. Analyzing complete. It is the Prototype Neukrieg attack chopper, otherwise known as the Attack Heli Mk. II. It is armed with a plethora of different air-to-ground and air-to-air missiles, 50 cal. machine guns. It is extremely dangerous. The use of the ACE Mk.II cluster missiles is highly recommended. Whenever the Attack heli fires its munitions, initiate an evasive maneuver."

"Thanks, Leoni. I'll see to it that I eliminate this damn bastard. Engaging cluster missiles now!"

A secret compartment slid off vertically to reveal the new and improved Multi-missile launcher. He was about to fire them when a link opened from an unknown user.

"Ikari. Do you know who I am?" asked the figure in a Russian tone of voice.

"You are Vladimir Impalakov, correct?"

"Yes. I opened a link to you because I urge you to stand down." The chopper moved from its current position and hovered in 50 meters from the Interceptor." You do not know who you are dealing with. If you do not surrender, I will be forced to eliminate you by any means necessary at my disposal."

Shinji remained calm. "No. I will not surrender and let SEELE initiate their plans. I will fight you."

"Very well, if that is the case. I shall eliminate you now!"

The chopper began to strafe from left to right as he fired his machine guns. Shinji evaded the bullets without much effort. The chopper revealed its secret weapons bay to fire its sidewinder missiles. Shinji willed his Interceptor to the left and fired off some chaffs and flares. The missiles exploded upon reaching the countermeasures.

"I believe it is the right time to finish you now!" exclaimed Impalakov.

His chopper opened its secret weapons bays, revealing assortment of weaponry. He opened a trigger that says `Multiple weapon coordination system'. When he pressed it, all of his weapon systems came to life.

"FIRE!"

The attack chopper fired off machine guns, lasers and missiles. Shinji evaded the munitions but to no avail. The weapons were simply too much for him to handle. He was about to counterattack when Leoni spoke up.

"Vehicle damage 50%. Initiating vehicle transition."

The Interceptors wheels, hood, rear window and side skirts to reveal the Interceptor's SEV mode. Shinji smirked.

"Let's see how you deal with this. The SEV is so fast that you'll be unable to achieve a lock-on."

The Interceptor SEV turned towards the attack heli. The chopper fired its not one of them found its mark. The interceptor was fast for the attack heli to handle. As he neared the attack heli, the Interceptor's secret compartment at the back of the vehicle revealed its compact version of the multi-missile.

"Eat this, Impalakov! The world has had enough of you!"

The Interceptor fired off 10 of its cluster missiles. When it got a little closer, each missile split into 4 separate ones. Impalakov made a desperate attempt to avoid the missiles but to no avail. He didn't have the chance to scream in pain as three of the missiles hit the cockpit. 3 of the missiles struck the weapons bay, igniting the weapons and making it explode in a fiery death. The 5 remaining missiles struck the burning wreckage, causing the wreckage to be divided to smaller pieces. Shinji leaned back to hi he opened a link to the weapons boat.

"Unit Iota, this is Agent Ikari. Relay a message to HQ saying that Impalakov is eliminated. And oh, by the way, tell Asuka that I'm alright. I'm awaiting pick-up.

SEELE Headquarters: Petra, Jordan

"Impalakov has been eliminated by Agent Ikari. The meeting with the Ararat society must be cut short. The loss of Impalakov has dealt a great blow to SEELE. I am starting to believe that incompetence is the cause of our failures. This shall not happen again. I want all prototype technologies that are not field-tested yet be deployed. I want this imbecile eliminated as soon as possible." Stated SEELE 01 to the other members. The others just nodded.

IES mobile command harbor: Vladivostok, Russia

As soon as Shinji was off the weapons boat, Asuka ran up to him and gave him a passionate kiss. Shinji hugged her back, knowing that she'd been worried to death bs assignment.

"Shinji, are you alright?" Suka with her voice tinged with concern.

"I'm fine Asuka. There's no need to worry now."

"Baka! How dare you make me worried about you!"

"Hey! It's not my fault. Its Kaji-sans fault. Besides, I just had to finish some unfinished business. " Shinji said casually.

"Baka."

Author's notes: Well there goes my fifth chapter. As you, it is shorter than the other chapters. It's shoe I can't add more details during a boss fight. You can expect other boss fights to be not as long as the others.