Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Neon Genesis Wing ❯ Convergances First Movement ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Eva Gainax does. I don't own Gundam Wing, Sunrise/Sotsu does. Yadda Yadda Yadda, don't Sue me.




SPOILERS Ahead. If you haven't seen all of Eva don't read this.


Neon Genesis Wing: Convergences, First Movement




It was an extremely slow day by NERV's standards. The final Angel had been defeated and they were officially on stand-down. That however wasn't a reason to start getting slack. There were still duty officers on the watch, but the majority of personnel were home or resting. All that however was about to change. On the Command Deck, Makoto, Shigeru, and Maya were doing what they usually did on slow days, nothing. Just then an alert sounded on the story tall board in front of the trio. "Where's that alarm coming from?" Maya called as she alerted Command. Makoto glanced at his display before he gave an answer. "It's a massive power surge in the Northeast.....its gone." "What?!?" Shigeru yelled "That's impossible."


At that second Sub-Commander Kouzou Fuyutsuki appeared. "What's going on?" Jumping slightly at the unexpected voice Maya turned. "Sir, we just picked up a massive power surge at the Northeastern edge of Tokyo-3." The old man nodded once. "Find Major Katsuragi. Lt. Aoba do we have any sensors left in that sector?" Shigeru shook his head. "No, sir, they were all wiped out with the destruction of the 16th." Again Fuyutsuki nodded before he gave any reply. "Very well then, find the Third Child, and bring him here, he has to do a reconnaissance." All 3 blinked at the order. It wasn't that they disagreed, but Shinji had gone through so much in the last 48 hours. No one needed or wanted to be reminded of the 17th and how close they'd come. Maya looked up to the Command deck. "Very Well Sub-Commander, although I know that the Major won't be happy with this." If possible the temperature in the room dropped a few degrees, and then Commander Gendo Ikari made himself known. "What would you have us do Lt? The Third is our only viable pilot, since the Second is comatose and Rei doesn't have an Eva." Muttering curses under her breath Maya reached for the phone and made the calls.


Shinji Ikari stood in the halls of the NERV hospital looking at a white, sterile door. He was mustering the courage to do something that he should have done some time ago. Reaching out with a trembling hand he opened the door ans walked into the room. Lying there in the bed, was Asuka Langley Sohryu. It unnerved the boy to see her like this. She was usually so vibrant and full of energy, now the only sign of life was the rhythmic rise and fall of her chest. He opened his mouth as if to say something when his cellular phone trilled to life. He reached into his shirt and withdrew the offending object. He listened to the call and gave a very wooden reply of "I'll be right there." Turning back to the red-head before him Shinji moved his hand and brushed a bit of her hair away from her face. As he left his last whispered words were "Good-bye Asuka, get well soon."


A rotgut feeling of dread possessed the Third Child as he changed into his plugsuit. Everywhere he looked he was reminded of Kaworu. "He was my friend and I killed him." Feeling his hate and self-loathing bubble up again Shinji lashed out ramming his fist into the side of a locker, denting the metal and ignoring the pain that shot up his arm.


As he reached the containment cage where his Eva was berthed Shinji has the look of a deer caught in a set of headlights. Looking up at the purple behemoth with its mask-like face and grin, he had the sudden urge to curl up in a ball. "Come on Shinji." Misato called over the comm. "I know you don't want to pilot and I don't blame you, but we need you to go out. We have no other way of finding out what's the source of the power surge." Shinji nodded but in his mind he was screaming at the top of his lungs."How could you know I don't want to pilot. This goddamned thing swallowed my mother, my friends, it...it swallowed me. And I used it to kill Kaworu."


Up on the Command Deck, to say that Misato Katsuragi was tense was an understatement as large as saying that Evangelion Unit-01 was only mildly scary. She was so tense she thought she could hear her muscles knotting. Misato had already put down for the record that she disapproved of making Shinji pilot but she'd been overruled. Seeing that Shinji was now synched with his Eva she checked his synch ratio. "Great Shinji's only at 55%." Somehow or other the Commander had been able to hear her soft utterance. "That is more than sufficient to pilot the Eva Major, proceed." Silently cursing Gendo Ikari to the deepest depths of Hell, Misato watched as Eva-01 moved to the Launch catapult. "Ok Shinji, this is just a simple recon. Go in, take a look and come back. We aren't taking any chances though so your being equipped with a positron rifle once you hit topside." seeing the boy nod she continued on. "Since the city has taken so much damage, your going to be about a kilometer from the target area." "Not that it's a bad thing" she thought.
"It'll give us more time to react if this is another Angel."


hitting the surface Evangelion Unit-01 stood tall, the lord of all it surveyed. What it surveyed however, was the shattered remains of Tokyo-3. The once grand and mighty fortress city had been almost completely destroyed when Eva-00 had self-detonated, taking the Angel and most of the city with it. More importantly it had claimed the life of its pilot Rei Ayanami. Just remembering that sacrifice and what he learned afterwards weighed down upon Shinji like the weight of the sky uopn Atlas. He'd learned that Rei was a clone, and to top it off she'd been cloned using 50% DNA from his own mother. Brushing aside the feeling of nausea Shinji moved over and picked up the positron rifle. He barely felt it as it locked into place on the arm of his Eva. Once again surveying the view Eva-01 began to move towards its target.


To be Continued...


Author's Notes: I'm very, very sorry for those of you who've wanted to see the nest installment of this story I was caught up in a few other things and I haven't been able to do anything until now. Couple that with the fact that I had a case of writer's block. Still I have enough juice left for one more bit.


Omake:

Shinji Ikari stood in the halls of the NERV hospital looking at a white, sterile door. He was mustering the courage to do something that he should have done some time ago. Reaching out with a trembling hand he opened the door ans walked into the room. Lying there in the bed, was Asuka Langley Sohryu. It unnerved the boy to see her like this. She was usually so vibrant and full of energy, now the only sign of life was the rhythmic rise and fall of her chest. He opened his mouth as if to say something when his cellular phone trilled to life. He reached into his shirt and withdrew the offending object. He listened to the call and gave a very wooden reply of "I'll be right there." Turning back to the red-head before him Shinji moved his hand and brushed a strand of hair from her face. He then brought around his other hand and wrapped them both around the girls neck. Tightening his grip he shook her head back and forth for a few seconds until the heart monitor beside the bed wailed a straight line, indicating that Auska's heart has stopped. Releasing his hands he made his way to the door. Turning back to look at the now dead German girl he muttered "Now I've killed everyone I love. I'm no better than my Eva." Then the boy shut the door and left the room.


Author's Notes: Freaky huh. I was originally gonna use the scene from End of Eva but I couldn't bring myself to write it, so I did this instead.