Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Neon Genesis Wing ❯ Convergences Second Movement: Awakening to Unfamiliarity ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: You know the drill by now, I don't own Eva or Gundam, no matter how much I want to.


Neon Genesis Wing


Convergences Second Movement: Awakening to Unfamiliarity




Shoving the final few cobwebs out of his mind Heero Yuy lifted his head up. Wing Zero's cockpit was silent and unlit the only sounds to be heard was Heero's breathing and the breath of another. With a start Heero remembered that he wasn't alone in the cockpit. Unbuckling his restraints he turned to the side seat and the form held there. For all that she'd been through Relena Peacecraft/Darlain still retained the grace and beauty that had won her admirers around the world, and turned men into mush. The only signs of her imprisonment by the White Fang remnant were a pair of red marks on her wrists where she'd been bound. The fact that she'd been fairly tightly bound hadn't been a good point for the remnant troops, neither had trying to use her as a hostage. Heero had killed a man who'd threatened to shoot her if hadn't laid down his gun.


Running a hand to her slim neck Heero took Relena's pulse. It was a bit thready but it was there. She then gave a light groan and tried to turn in the seat. "Relena, don't move." Heero softly uttered to the girl. At the sound of his voice her aquamarine eyes opened and she blinked a few times. "H...Heero what's going......." She said no more as she reached up and pressed a hand to the side of her head. The Gundam pilot moved quickly to make sure that the girl was safe. "She's unconscious. Head injury." As he strapped Relena's now limp form back into the seat Heero took a second to look at her. "NOT NOW!" he screamed at his inner self. "Later, when we're safe." Slipping back into his seat Heero brought Zero back on-line.


Glancing around he could tell immediately that something was very wrong. There was too much wreckage strewn about for them to be in the same location, secondly there weren't any MD pieces. "Where the hell are we?" he muttered. Just then the comm chirped. Duo's face came up on the screen. The braided American looked no worse for wear. "Hey Heero, you and Relena alright?" Duo called. Heero was sure that he could see the amusement that Duo was trying to keep of his face. "I'm fine, Relena has a mild concussion. Any idea where the hell we are?" Duo shook his head, the braid swinging. "Not a clue, lets check with the others."


It only took a few minutes before the five Gundam pilots realized that wherever they were it wasn't a place any of them were familiar with. On the plus side, all of their Gundams were fine. The blast that had knocked them out, had merely shorted out the sensors. Cautiously they began to move around in the wasteland they'd found themselves in. They could pick out buildings, phone lines, and where roads had been. Most of all they took note of the massive water-filled crater, where something massive had detonated. The eerie silence that dominated the place was only broken by the wind whistling throughout the shattered ruins and the pounding of the Gundams feet.


Then the silence was broken as Duo frantically called over the comm. "Guys get over here, I think I need HELP!" this call brought the other 4 Gundams to the aid of their fellow pilot, even if he did drive them all up the wall.


All of the Gundam pilots were to a degree jaded against fear. After all that they'd seen and done they'd have to be. But when they saw why Duo had nearly screamed fro assistance they all felt icy knives of terror grip them for at least a moment. In front of Deathscythe HELL was the form of Evangelion Unit-01. All of the pilots tightened their grips on the sticks and readied their weapons for whatever happened, for if nothing else, the sense that they had a weapon of some kind to point at the purple demon was re-assuring.


Several kilometers away and several more down from where the tense standoff was developing between NERV and the Gundams, Asuka Langley Sohryu lay in her bed inside of the NERV Cranial Ward of the hospital. Her outward appearance was that of someone in a deep sleep. Her inward appearance however was another story altogether.


Within the deepest recesses of her mind was where Asuka's conscious self resided, curling herself up into a tighter and tighter ball, to try and block out the voices that chanted over and over "Your worthless, worthless, WORTHLESS!" As she lay there being assaulted by her own mind Asuka heard a voice. "Get up Sohryu, your better then this. I thought wallowing in self-pity was Shinji's job." Looking up, Asuka's breath caught in her throat. The voice originated with a person standing about a meter from her. What startled her wasn't the fact that someone else was in her head, or even how he was dressed, which was an identical match for Shinji, what scared Asuka was his appearance. He looked just a lot like Rei expect for the fact that he had white hair and was male. 'Who.." Asuka began to ask her vocal chords rusty from lack of use. "Who are you?"


The boy looked at her and blinked his red eyes once before he calmly stated, "My name is Kaworu, Kaworu Nagisa."




To be continued...








Author's Notes: Ahh cliffhangers. I'd write a bit more but I'm dying with the flu. Until I feel better you guys will just have to sit on pins and prog knives.










Omake:



All of the Gundam pilots were to a degree jaded against fear. After all that they'd seen and done they'd have to be. But when they saw why Duo had nearly screamed fro assistance they all felt icy knives of terror grip them for at least a moment. In front of Deathscythe HELL was the form of Barney. All of the pilots tightened their grips on the sticks and readied their weapons, then with some mutual acknowledgment, they all opened fire, obliterating the purple demon and sending it back to whatever Hell spawned it.