Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Neon Genesis Wing ❯ Meetings & Miracles ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: You know the drill by now, I don't own Eva or Gundam, no matter how much I want to.


Neon Genesis Wing


Miracles and Meetings




Asuka looked at the boy, who had just identified himself. "What . . . " her voice was still raw. "What are you doing inside of my head?"


The boy shrugged. "All in good time, first off how about I help you off the floor." Reaching down he helped the German girl to stand. "Now then, I have a question for you, Why are you here?"


Asuka blinked. What the hell kind of question was that?


Kaworu narrowed his eyes. "Are you deaf or just thickheaded? Why are you here? Shouldn't you be out there" he gestured with his hand "helping to protect the world?"


Asuka vehemently shook her head. "No, I'm worthless, I can't pilot and everyone hates me, I'm better off here. No ones cares about me."


The white-haired boy shook his head, a light smile playing across his features, as he started ticking off points on his fingers. "You can pilot, but you just never opened yourself to Eva, and that closed Eva to you. Both Misato and Shinji care a great deal for you, Misato treats you like her own flesh and blood, and you are not better off here. No one is better off wallowing in their own self-pity."


Something that had lain dormant in the Second Child reignited at being lectured to by this, boy. "So what the hell are you, my guardian Angel?"


Nagisa smiled again but this time it was a sad smile. "Not quite. I am, rather I was the 17th Angel. I am here to help you, and also to help myself."


Trembling, Asuka backed away from the boy. "Get out of my head! What's wrong, your friend didn't fuck up my head enough so you're here to finis-"


"Shut up." For the first time since he'd been there the mask of pleasantness fell away from the Angel child's face. "Alright, I tried being pleasant, but it appears another method is needed to get my point across. With that the boy twisted the fabric of darkness and played out his meeting, befriending and betrayal of Shinji Ikari. When it had finished, he looked back at Asuka. "There, that is why I'm here."


Asuka was stunned. For a full minute she could do nothing. She then turned on the boy, anger boiling through every vein within her. "You, you piece of SHIT! What good can come from doing that to Shinji. No one deserves to have to kill a friend. Especially not Shinji!" Asuka had thought she'd had the worst wounds inflicted by and Angel. Hers paled compared to what Shinji had gone through. The boy was almost compassion incarnate, and he'd had to kill someone he called 'friend'. Looking back at Kaworu, she asked one question. "Why? What gave you the right to do that? Did you enjoy it? Did you enjoy running Shinji's soul through a meat-grinder cause that's what you've done?"


The boy caught her gaze, his red eyes boring right through her. "What makes you think that I enjoyed that?! Shinji was my friend! If I'd had any choice I would have spared him but I couldn't. I had no choice."


"Bullshit" Asuka retorted. "I refuse to believe that."


"Look Sohryu, I don't care if you berate me, I know my sins. What I do care about is Shinji. Do you want to see what will happen if you stay in here?" Again the Angel twisted the fabric and showed the German girl a beach, with blood red water. Arrayed around the beach were granite-like figures their arms outstretched as if crucified. On this beach were two discernable figures, Shinji and herself. The only problem with this, aside from the scenery was the fact that Shinji was strangling her. All Asuka could see however were his eyes, they were dead, all life, all vitality sucked right out of them, as if he'd seen some unspeakable horror.


Hearing a noise she turned and saw Kaworu walking away, back into the darkness. "Wait!" she called.


He turned back to look at her one last time. "I'd like to stay but my time on this plane is done. Remember what I showed you. It's your choice." Then he turned around and walked away. As he left, he called back as an afterthought "Tell Shinji that I hold no malice toward him and that he shouldn't blame himself." Then he was gone.


Gasping for air Asuka sat up in her hospital bed. She tried to move, but found her muscles so atrophied she couldn't. "Oh well I'll wait for a nurse."




******************************************* *************************************************************************** **************************************






Ba ck out in the shattered remnants of Tokyo-3 the Gundams and Eva-01 faced each other down, each trying to get the measure of the other. Inside of his plug Shinji pondered these robots, each of which was half his size. They didn't even look like robots. They looked slightly human.


Sitting in Zero's cockpit Heero's brain was in overdrive trying to identify the purple behemoth before him. It fit the description of no Mobile Suit he'd ever heard of, it didn't even look like a Mobile suit, it looked alive. Checking the sensor readout the only thing he could tell was that the rifle the thing carried was at least as powerful as a beam cannon. If it came down to it Heero knew that he and the others would win, but it would be costly. Also he didn't want to risk combat with Relena in here, especially against an unknown, untested foe.


The NERV command staff was also at a loss for what to do. They had the full processing capacity of the MAGI working to figure out what the mysterious robots were. Misato looked ready to eat nails. "Ok, what have we got so far on these things?"


Maya looked up from her console. "From what we can tell the robots are not a variant of the Jet Alone or an associated technology. First off there are no radiation readings, in fact there are no sensor readings whatsoever. Whatever those things are made of it absorbs radar emissions. Second they're too small and too, well, human like. There only half the size of Unit-01, whereas the Jet Alone was the same size."


"What about weapons?" Sub-Commander Fuyutsuki asked.


"At this point in time all we can get is what's obvious." Makoto stated. "This one," he pointed to the one with the shield, "has only the rifle and shield as its visible weapons. The black one has what could be a naganita, and perhaps a sword on its arm. The orange one has, obviously, this Gatling gun, this one has these scythes, a machine gun and a shield, and the green one has a trident and what appears to be fighting claws on each hand" The Sub-Commander and Major nodded as the Lt. finished his summary.


"Any idea as to intent?" Misato inquired.


Maya shook her head. "MAGI give a 49% chance that they're non-hostile, and a 50% chance they are. The discrepancy is due to lack of data."




"Major. We have movement!"






Strapped inside of Sandrock, Quatre was, to say the least tense. After waking they'd been fairly disconcerted, and then they'd found this, whatever it was. Wufei and Duo were both for attacking, one of the few times they'd agreed on anything. Trowa wanted to wait and Heero was silent, which probably wasn't the best thing. The only thing that kept Quatre apart was the niggling little voice, in the back of his mind, the one that he'd learned to trust. Dropping both his shotels, the machine gun and shield, Quatre raised both hands and slowly walked toward the purple guardian.


Duo was incredulous. "What the hell is Quatre doing he's gonna get himself killed!!"


Before the Deathscythe pilot could do anything, Trowa came on the comm. "Leave him, he knows what he's doing." Silently he added "He's following his heart."


Shinji tensed. One of the robots was walking toward him. However it didn't have any overt signs of hostility, in fact it looked like it was surrendering, as it had its hands in the classic position for 'I surrender'. It stopped less than 5 meters from where Unit-01 was standing. Then a compartment on its chest began to open. Shinji tensed and held his finger on the trigger. Kicking in the magnification he saw that what came out of the robot was a boy with blond hair, about his age. The Third Child slumped into his seat, relief mixed with self-loathing. "I almost shot him" his mind raved "What am I becoming?" Then he turned on the external speaker and kicked in the magnification, as the boy was saying something.


Quatre took a breath, as he saw the head of the purple creature look directly at him. From this distance he could see that it said '01 test-type' on the arms. That didn't help him, nor did the fact of the grimacing purple head looking at him. It seemed as if it was just waiting to pounce and devour him. " Hello up there. My name is Quatre Raberba Winner. My friends and I mean you no harm. All we need is medical attention for a friend and somewhere where we can maintenance our Mobile Suits. I say again we mean you no harm." "I hope they're friendly" the Arabian thought "Or else I'm the first casualty"


Misato blinked. What she'd just seen took balls. The kid had walked right up to Shinji's Eva, unarmed and made himself an open target. If he was to be believed however; they were no threat, although the Major failed to see how five heavily armed robots-no what had the boy called them, Mobile Suits - were nonthreatening. She spun to face the Commander. "Sir, permission to bring them in. If nothing else we need to find out where they came from."


After a few seconds Gendo nodded. "Very well Major, but they are your responsibility. I will not have a repeat of what happened with the Seventeenth." The purple-haired woman nodded, outwardly pleased, but inwardly seething. She was furious that Ikari was insinuating that the final Angel debacle was her fault. "Right then, get Shinji to let the boy know that they can come in, but I want full surveillance of them at all times and I want a full medical for all of them."




"Can this day get any worse?"




Maya spun and looked at Misato, a smile across her face. "Major, we just heard from the hospital, Asuka's awake!"




For the first time in several weeks Misato Katsuragi allowed a genuine smile to grace her features. "Now, that is something I needed to hear. I can't wait to tell Shinji, he'll be so happy."


Up on the surface Quatre relayed the message to the others. Duo laughed. "Way to Q-man, keep this and you might give Relena a run for her money."


'Why would I want too" the blond replied "The I'd have Heero trying to kill me all the time!"


Thsi got laughs from everyone but Heero, who was more concerned with where they were going, he had a bad feeling about this place, it wasn't foreboding, but he just didn't feel right."




To be Continued. . .












Author's Notes: WHEW! God it feels good to get more of this fic done. Its ben driving me nuts that I couldn't do more. It was just sitting there mocking me. Well, now I have more done.


Hopefully I can get through more before another 3 months pass.




and now the part you've all waited for.....






Omake:




S hut up." For the first time since he'd been there the mask of pleasantness fell away from the Angel child's face. "Alright, I tried being pleasant, but it appears another method is needed to get my point across. With that the boy twisted the fabric of darkness and played out his night of hot, passionate lovemaking with Shinji. When it had finished he turned back to Asuka, a grin on his face. "THAT is why you should go back, without you around who knows who he could end up sleeping with, besides, he isn't that bad." Asuka by this point was retching the remnants of some meal all over the place and thinking on how to kill the Angel for spoiling Shinji for her.




AN: he he he . This is my first and ONLY tribute to Eva yaoi. I had to do it though, my sense of personal comedy would've hurt me if I didn't.


Epy-chan




P.S. Stay tuned there may he some GW bishounen boy yaoi later on. ;)