Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Revelations: The Power of Love ❯ Feelings Revealed ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5

Asuka slowly opens the door to Misato's apartment. She walks inside and looks around.

"Shinji?"

She walks over to his room and knocks on the door.

"Shinji? Can I come in? Its me, Asuka."

After getting no response, she cautiously opens his door and peeks inside. She sees Shinji lying on his bed, asleep, listening to his SDAT player. She unconsciously smiles.

"He looks so cute," she thinks.

Asuka shakes her head at the thought.

"Why am I thinking that?! He's nothing but a baka ecchi," she thinks.

Then she remembers what Kaji had said and her dream.

"Guess I should at least apologize to him…"

She glances at the clock, which reads 5:00pm.

Shinji stirs in his bed. He turns over and something catches his nose. He bolts upright in his bed and looks at the clock, which reads 6:00pm.

"Oh, no! Don't tell me Misato cooked!!" he thought with a look of dread on his face.

He took another sniff of the air.

"Wait a sec, nothing's burning and it actually smells good…"

Cautiously, he walks over to the door and opens it. He slowly makes his way to the kitchen. As he walks inside, he stops suddenly at the person standing before him: Asuka.

Sensing someone behind her, Asuka turns around and faces a nervous, and semi-shocked, Shinji.

"You're finally up, eh?"

"Um, yeah…"

Shinji snaps out of his trance.

"Uh, did you cook, Asuka?"

"Yup! I got hungry so I decided to cook something."

"She didn't try to get me up? That's weird," he thinks.

"Well?"

"Well what?"

"Aren't you going to eat?"

Shinji then notices that there are two plates set on the table.

"Gomen…"

He sits down at the table and studies the food on his plate. He glances up from the plate and sees Asuka standing at the other end of the table with her hands on her hips. Slowly, he picks up his chopsticks and grabs a piece of the food and puts it in his mouth.

"I hope he likes it," she thinks.

"Wow! This stuff is great!"

"YESSS!" she cheers mentally.

"Of course! It was made by me, wasn't it?"

Asuka sits down to eat her own food.

After they finish eating, Shinji approaches Asuka.

"Asuka, I'm, I'm sorry about what I did to you a few days ago…."

Shinji hangs his head.

"Baka! Why do you always have to be sorry for everything?!"

Asuka looks at the floor.

"And besides, I'm the one who should be apologizing to you…"

This causes Shinji to look up at Asuka.

"Huh?"

Kaji's words repeat over in her mind.

"I should be sorry. I'm always picking on you. It was my fault. You had the right to do what you did…"

Shinji just stands there and listens to what Asuka is saying. Suddenly, images from his dream flash through his mind.

"Asuka, um, there's been something I've been meaning to tell you…," he says nervously.

Asuka regains her posture and looks at the nervous boy.

"Well?"

"Well, um, you see…I…I"

"Just say it already!"

"I love you!"

Shinji closes his eyes and tenses up, waiting for Asuka to yell at him and punch and/or kick him. After a few moments of hearing no insults and feeling no pain, he cautiously opens his eyes and looks at Asuka.

"Asuka?"

Asuka is looking at the floor, her dream playing back in her head.

"Asuka?"

She looks up at Shinji.

"You…love me?"

"Um, yeah. I guess I have for a while, but I've just been too much of a coward to admit it to myself, let alone you."

"I have something to confess, also."

Shinji looks curiously at her.

"I love you, too."

This causes an immediate reaction from Shinji. His eyes widen at the words.

"R-really?"

"Yeah, I guess I was also too afraid to admit it…"

They both look at the floor. After a while, Shinji breaks the silence.

"Asuka.."

Asuka looks up at him and is shocked as his lips press against hers. At first, she just stands there, but them returns the kiss. They break after a moment.

"Guess you finally DID grow a spine!"

Shinji chuckles.

"I guess I did. Kissing is better when you don't have someone holding your nose."

They look at each other for a moment before laughing at the comment.

Asuka is the first to stop laughing. She stares at Shinji.

"Shinji…"

Shinji stops laughing and looks at her.

"Asuka…"

They embrace each other as they kiss each other, this time more passionately, and longer, than the last.

Misato steps into her apartment. She looks around.

"It just isn't the same without Asuka picking on Shinji… I need a beer now."

She walks towards the kitchen. As she enters the doorway, she stops dead in her tracks and stares, wide-eyed in shock, at the scene in front of her.

"Shinji…and Asuka….kissing…?" she thinks.

She regains her wits and leans against the doorway.

"Well, it looks like you two have finally made up."

Shinji and Asuka break the kiss and stare at their guardian, faces red with embarrassment.

"Mi-Misato!"

"How long have you been standing there?!"

Misato smiles at Asuka.

"Long enough. So, how long has this been going on, anyways?"

Shinji manages to recover.

"Well, we just confessed our love to each other while you were gone."

Shinji casually wraps his hand around Asuka's shoulders. In response, Asuka wraps her arm around his.

"So Shinji has finally become a man! Congratulations!!"

"Misato!!!"

"Hehe. Yup, you're back to normal all right. Since you two are now in love, I don't want to catch you two doing things you aren't suppose to be doing."

Shinji turns beat-red.

"M-M-Misato!!"

"I think I'll just leave you two alone."

Misato walks pass the couple and head to the fridge.

"Screw one beer. I need a case of `em now!!" she thinks.

The next day….

"Hey, Toji!"

"Huh?"

Toji looks up from his desk at Kensuke.

"What do you want?"

"Well, I'm curious. Did you get a call from Misato last night?"

"Yeah, I did."

"Well, what do suppose she means by that we should be in for some surprises?"

Toji shrugs.

"I don't know. But at least Shinji will be coming back."

"And Asuka"

Both boys turn around to face Hikari.

"I expect you two to be nice to her when she come back."

"Yeah, yeah…"

The door to the classroom slides open. The entire class looks towards the door, then almost everyone's jaws hit the floor, the others just pass out. Shinji and Asuka walk in, hand in hand, both of them smiling.

"I'll see you later," says Shinji.

"Baka. We're in the same class!''

"Heh. I know."

Shinji leans over and gives Asuka a quick kiss. This causes a majority of the students who are still standing to pass out. Shinji sits in his seat. Only then does he notice the status of the class.

"Wonder what's wrong with them," he thinks.

As if on cue, all of the students snap out of their trances and rush over to Shinji and Asuka and flood them with questions. Toji and Kensuke save Shinji, while Asuka handles her section by herself. Hikari walks over to talk with an angered Asuka. Both Toji and Kensuke lean and stare at Shinji.

"Er, what's the matter?"

"Well, for starters, what just happened between you and demon-girl over there?"

"Um, well, we love each other."

It receives a shocked expression from both boys. They recover and flood Shinji with questions.

"This is going to be a long day….," thinks Shinji.