Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Sausages, It was a Tuesday ❯ Chapter 14 ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
 
Sausages, It was a Tuesday
 
 
By Lord Raa
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
Chapter 14
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
Disclaim-me-do: A social conscience is like a garden shed: if you try and eat it, it'll stick in your throat.
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
As both Shinji and Gendo were both in surgery at the NERV hospital facility, Misato stood with Sub-Commander Fuyutsuki, Ritsuko and Maya as they all looked at the surveillance footage of the incident that lead to Commander Ikari's shooting.
 
Ritsuko was glad that she had an insurance policy that helped prevent “workplace accidents”. She shifted the ice pack on her face as they saw the incident from a higher angle.
 
Misato winced as she saw her old friend backhanded to the floor. She'd been in an abusive relationship after she broke up with Kaji and placed a reassuring hand on the blonde's shoulder.
 
Next came Shinji's savage beating at the hands of his father.
 
Misato's wince became a scowl that promised much pain for the bearded man currently in surgery.
 
Fuyutsuki turned to Misato when the recording showed her wounding Gendo. “I think that you showed remarkable restraint, Captain Katsuragi, though someone somewhere would protest that you're not supposed to shoot your commanding officer.”
 
“You're not supposed to break your child's kneecaps,” Misato countered, her expression not changing.
 
“H-how is Rei?” Maya asked, hoping that the girl was all right.
 
“Rei will be ok,” Fuyutsuki answered. “She's resting right now. When Shinji comes out of the OR, inform me.”
 
“What about Rei?” Misato asked. “She should know how her brother is.”
 
The acting commander managed not to betray his concern that the Tactical Operations officer knew about Rei's origins.
 
“Rei is Shinji-kun's sister?”
 
Now though, he was concerned about security leaks in NERV. “Lieutenant Ibuki, you will not repeat this to anyone, including the three of us without my express permission. Do you understand?” Kozo Fuyutsuki's tone told everyone in the room that the genetic relationship between Shinji and Rei was classified.
 
“Yes, sir,” Maya saluted.
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
Normally, the doctors would have decided that Shinji's injuries, though numerous and painful, were best dealt with in stages, rather than in one marathon surgical session. If this were under normal circumstances, the reconstructive operation for his kneecaps would be scheduled in a few days, to allow his body a chance to heal its cracked ribs.
 
But Shinji was not a normal boy. His skills as at piloting Unit-01 were considered invaluable and the fact that there could be an Angel Attack at any time meant that they needed Shinji to be able to pilot as soon as possible. That's why he was getting bio plastic kneecaps as replacements rather than a reconstruction of the shattered bones.
 
The route taken for Gendo, however, was to get the man out of danger as soon as possible as his longer term problems could be dealt with in a more complete fashion at a later date.
 
That was why Misato, Fuyutsuki, Kaji and Ritsuko were able to visit the man.
 
Kaji placed a restraining hand on Misato's shoulder, he feared that his old flame was going to do something rash.
 
“Don't you touch me, Kaji,” the purple haired woman warned, “I'm not in the mood.”
 
“I just don't want you to do anything you'd regret, Misato-chan.”
 
“I'm beginning to regret not emptying my pistol into his face,” she growled.
 
“I've a good mind to remove you, Captain Katsuragi,” Gendo said in a weak, sleepy voice.
 
“Good, you're awake,” Misato sneered. “Now you can answer our questions.”
 
Gendo's eyes blinked open to take in who his visitors were, but he remained silent.
 
Misato stepped closer the bed. “Why were you trying to cripple Shinji?”
 
“You have no right to speak to me about matters of discipline, Katsuragi.”
 
“Discipline?!” the captain screamed. “Is that what you call breaking your son's kneecaps?”
 
“You have no idea what's at stake,” Gendo non-answered.
 
“Perhaps you can explain your rationale,” Fuyutsuki scolded. “You know that Shinji is key to defeating the Angels.”
 
“I needed to enforce my authority,” Gendo half-heartedly explained.
 
“Crippling your son is not the way to enforce anything!” Ritsuko countered.
 
“You're still alive?”
 
Misato didn't like the way her friend was being spoken to and touched Gendo's wounded left leg.
 
“AARGH!” the incapacitated man screamed in pain.
 
“You really should modify your attitude,” Misato grinned evilly. “It'll help prevent you from writhing in agony.”
 
“We're not going to get any answers at the moment, so we'll come back after you've had a chance to rest,” Kaji announced to the wounded man on the bed.
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
Outside Gendo's room, Fuyutsuki sighed. “Misato, did you really need to do that?”
 
“You saw what he did to Shinji!” she shouted. “How can you defend that monster?”
 
“I wasn't, Captain Katsuragi. I wanted to know why you have this attachment to Shinji.”
 
“Shinji's a good kid that's been through a lot more than he should've had to,” Misato replied. “I do like him, but it's nothing sexual.”
 
“How long until Shinji gets out of surgery, Dr. Akagi?” Fuyutsuki asked.
 
“Assuming there are no complications, they should be done in about six hours,” the blonde answered as she ran a hand through her hair.
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
It was in the early hours of the following day that Shinji woke up from his surgery. Ritsuko, Misato and Fuyutsuki spoke with the doctor that had examined him a few minutes earlier.
 
“Shinji seems to be responding well to the treatment. He might be up and about in a few days, but he'll need crutches to help him move around.”
 
“Is he in much pain?” Misato asked anxiously.
 
“He's on some strong painkillers at the moment,” the grey bearded man answered. “I wanted to talk with Dr. Akagi about his pain management regimen and how it's going to affect his piloting. Personally, I think that you should get some more pilots to relieve the strain on Shinji.”
 
“We're looking into that,” Fuyutsuki said. “We're expecting some more data from the Marduk Institute.”
 
The doctor nodded. “In an ideal world, I'd recommend that Shinji not pilot for a few weeks. But if you promise not to cause the poor lad too much distress, you can visit him.”
 
Ritsuko nodded, but when she turned to make sure that Misato knew what not to do, she saw that the purple haired woman had disappeared.
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
Shinji sat up in his bed, thinking about his new situation. He saw the IV connected to his arm and sighed.
 
“At least my legs don't hurt much,” he mused, trying to see the glass as half full for once.
 
His semi-positive introspection was interrupted by the door bursting open.
 
“Shinji!” the purple haired lovely shouted as she glomped the Third Child.
 
“M-misato-san,” Shinji weakly greeted.
 
“You feeling better?”
 
“A little,” Shinji forced a smile. “What happened to Ritsuko-san and Rei?”
 
“They're fine, Shinji,” Fuyutsuki answered. He stepped aside to reveal the women in question. They looked slightly bruised, but seemed otherwise fine.
 
“Shinji-kun,” Ritsuko said as she made her way to Shinji's bedside.
 
“Hi, Ritsuko-san, are you ok?”
 
“I'll be fine, Shinji-kun.”
 
“As will I, Shinji-kun,” Rei added.
 
“That's nice to hear,” Shinji's smile became more genuine. “Who saved me?”
 
“That was Misato,” Ritsuko answered.
 
“Misato-san saved me?” Shinji repeated. He turned to face his saviour and saw her in a whole new light. “I owe you my life.”
 
“Stop it, you're embarrassing me,” Misato blushed.
 
“I'm serious, Misato-san. If there's anything I can do for you, please, let me know,” Shinji's voice was solemn.
 
Misato, not wanting to seem rude, just smiled and said, “We'll sort something out when you're better.”
 
“How did you save me?” Shinji asked, his respect for his former guardian growing substantially.
 
“I shot the bastard that was beating you,” Misato looked away when she answered with a mumble.
 
“Pardon?”
 
“Captain Katsuragi took steps to terminate the interrogation,” Fuyutsuki interpreted for the recuperating pilot.
 
“I-is m-,” Shinji gulped nervously. He closed his eyes. “Is the Commander ok?”
 
“He'll live,” Ritsuko answered with a snort. “Don't worry about him, Shinji-kun. You just focus on getting better, ok?”
 
“Yes, Ritsuko-san,” Shinji nodded.
 
“Right, well we'll let you get some rest,” the acting commander decided, ushering the visitor's out of room.
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
Several hours later, Shinji was resting up in his room and bored out of his skull. After the nurse came by to assist him with his physiotherapy, he asked if he could leave the room to check up on his father.
 
“I'm not sure if that's a good idea, Shinji-kun,” the cute brunette replied.
 
“Because of my injuries,” Shinji assumed sadly.
 
The nurse mulled it over for a minute. “Well, I suppose that a quick visit wouldn't hurt.”
 
She moved a wheelchair up to the bed and extended the IV stand.
 
“So what's your name,” Shinji asked as his fluid bags were attached to the chair. “It seems a bit rude not to call you by name.”
 
“I'm Haruko Tamura,” the young woman smiled as she lifted the immobilised boy off the bed.
 
“You're strong,” Shinji said, in awe of the way he was efficiently relocated.
 
“Thanks,” Haruko smiled. “Let's see how your father is.”
 
The nurse missed the look on Shinji's face that suggested that he might not want to see his father make a speedy recovery.
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
Shinji took a deep breath as he was wheeled up to the door of his father's room.
 
Haruko opened the door and gently pushed Shinji inside. “I'll be back in a couple of minutes, ok?”
 
“Yes,” Shinji nodded.
 
Taking in the sight of his only surviving parent, the Third Child was filled with conflicting emotions. Part of him wanted to laugh at the bearded man, but part of him realised that he wasn't too far away from being an orphan.
 
“C-commander,” he started.
 
“What do you want, Third?” was the terse response.
 
“I'm here to see you,” Shinji replied, his anger rising.
 
“Well you've seen me, now you can leave me so you can spend time with your whore,” Gendo snarled.
 
“Ritsuko-san is not a whore!” Shinji shouted.
 
“She was my dirty little whore, just like her mother,” Gendo sneered. “And when I'm out of here, I'll finish what I started with her.”
 
“No!” Shinji protested.
 
“Then I'll deal with the drunken slut Katsuragi. I'll see to it that the treatment of crippled Burakumin beggar whores will be like royalty compared to what she receives.”
 
Shinji's vision turned red at the words of the most callous man on Earth. He wheeled himself forward to Gendo's bedside. He reached out and grabbed the first thing at hand and stuck his father.
 
The loud clang cleared the rage from Shinji's mind. He blinked when he saw the item in his hand, a pre-Impact relic that took a moment for him to recognise it - an enamelled steel bedpan.
 
“If you touch my friends, I will kill you,” Shinji warned in a low, even tone.
 
He turned to the doorway and saw that he had an audience - Haruko Tamura and Rei Ayanami.
 
“I heard the entire exchange, Shinji-kun,” Rei explained. “I will speak on your behalf.”
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
To be continued…
 
Well, here it is a delayed chapter that was pre-read by Chi Vayne.
 
What took so long? Well, I decided to try may hand at this lemon writing lark. Check for a story called “Doctor's Orders”, it might entertain you for a few minutes, assuming that you want to read a story where Shinji decides to get some revenge on Gendo.
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
Omake 1 (inspired by comments from Innortal)
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
Shinji sighed as he ended the call to the emergency plumbers. “I'm sorry, Pen-pen, but they can't fix the boiler until the weekend. We'll have to make do without hot water until then. I don't know how Misato-san managed to break the kettle last night.”
 
Pen-pen waarked sadly as Misato entered the hallway.
 
“Hey, Shinji, look what I found!”
 
Shinji turned around to see that his guardian had found an antique kettle.
 
“See, Shinji, you can make the tea!”
 
Shinji slumped in defeat. “Alright, Misato-san.”
 
Shinji poured the tea at the same time Asuka slammed the door shut.
 
“That's the last time I go on a blind date!” she angrily huffed.
 
Her violent closing of the front door had caused Shinji to jump slightly and so he spilt some hot water on the penguin.
 
“Sorry, Pen-pen,” Shinji apologised.
 
“Don't worry about it,” a male voice replied.
 
“W-who are you?” Misato demanded from the naked young man.
 
“I'm Ranma Saotome, sorry about this,” he apologised, momentarily forgetting his nudity.
 
Misato cast a glance over the toned form of her newest guest. “That's quite alright, Ranma.”
 
Ranma suddenly became well aware that there were two women in front of his naked self. “Not again.”
 
“Like I said, don't worry about it,” Misato shot the raven haired man a sultry look. “We won't need clothes where we're going.”
 
“We won't?”
 
“Yes,” Misato said, getting up from her chair. “To the bedroom!”
 
The purple haired woman dragged the nude man through the apartment, past a startled (and drooling) Asuka.
 
“Hey!” the redhead protested. “Why don't I get a nice studly man?”
 
“Because you're a megabitch!” Misato shouted from her room.
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
Omake 2
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
“I wasn't, Captain Katsuragi. I wanted to know why you have this attachment to Shinji.”
 
“Shinji's a good kid that's been through a lot more than he should've had to,” Misato replied. “I do like him, but it's nothing sexual.”
 
“Score!” Kaji cheered, “I've still got a chance with Misato!”
 
“I'm afraid not, Kaji,” Misato smiled apologetically. “I'm involved with someone.”
 
“Who?” the unshaven man demanded.
 
“We're keeping our relationship low-key. And before you get too excited, it's not a woman,” Misato glared at her former lover.
 
Ritsuko placed a hand on her friends shoulder. “I'm happy for you, Misato. I hope that this man's going to treat you well.”
 
“Oh, he does, Ritsuko. The sex is fantastic,” Misato gushed as her face acquired a dreamy look.
 
“So you don't mind if I seduce Shinji with Maya?” the blonde asked hope filling her voice.
 
“Not at all, best of luck trying to get him to put out.”
 
“So that's why you found a new man!” Kaji accused. “You are a floozy!”
 
“And what does that make you - the man that's trying to sleep with me?” the captain angrily shot back. “Your seduction skills have been dwindling since college, so you only go for girls that give you the best chance of scoring!”
 
“She's right, you know,” Ritsuko cut Kaji's response off.
 
Kaji snarled as he tried to word his retort.
 
The air shimmered behind Misato. “Is everything alright?”
 
The purple-haired woman turned to face the familiar voice. “Ranma!”
 
“In the flesh and ready to defend my girlfriend's honour. I take it that this is that Kaji bloke you told me about?” the muscular pigtailed man asked, eying up his opponent.
 
“Wait a minute!” Ritsuko interrupted. “You're Ranma Saotome!”
 
“You've heard of me?” Ranma asked in mock humility.
 
“I heard you disappeared after the Second Impact,” Ritsuko mentioned as she searched for something for her idol to autograph.
 
“I've never heard of you,” Kaji dismissed blue-eyed man.
 
“That's because you never took an interest in martial arts. Ranma's supposed to be the best there is,” Ritsuko scolded the unkempt man.
 
“I never knew you liked martial arts, Ritsuko,” Misato said. “Mind you, never said much about what you were like pre-college.”
 
“I was quite the fight groupie when I was Shinji's age,” Ritsuko explained. “In fact, I wouldn't mind doubling up with you Misato for a chance to `Ride the Wild Horse'.”
 
“What about Maya and Shinji?” Misato asked, eying her old friend suspiciously.
 
“Maya will understand and Shinji doesn't have to know,” Ritsuko smiled as she slid up to her potential bedmates.
 
Ranma, having picked up a thing or two during his years wandering, mulled it over. “I don't know, I'm quite happy with Misato.”
 
“But Ranma, there'll be two women in your bed!” Ritsuko tried her best to convince the man notorious for his chastity during his late teenaged years.
 
“It's not up to me,” Ranma insisted. “If you and Misato want to have some fun, then that's fine, but I'm spending the night in Misato's bed.”
 
Misato moaned with delight when Ranma punctuated his remark by wrapping his arms around her and kissing her on the lips.
 
“Please Misato,” Ritsuko pled, her hand running through purple locks of hair, “just this once.”
 
“Ok,” Misato relented.
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
Omake 3
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
Shinji took a deep breath as he was wheeled up to the door of his father's room.
 
Haruko opened the door and gently pushed Shinji inside. “I'll be back in a couple of minutes, ok?”
 
“Yes,” Shinji nodded.
 
Taking in the sight of his only surviving parent being scolded by a girl in a costume that was a combination of an abbreviated sailor fuku and a skimpy version of the plugsuit, Shinji could only stare dumbfounded.
 
“Cute angst ridden boys are not for bringing about the apocalypse!” the blue haired girl shouted as she waved a black object in Gendo's face. “They are for adolescent fantasies where we try to help them with their problems. In the name of the gods and goddesses of the Carnal Arts, I, Ecchi Angel Rei, shall punish you!”
 
“ARGH! STOP! MERCY!” Gendo screamed as the object in the hands of the perverted magical girl came swinging down repeatedly on his face and torso.
 
“Taste the righteous justice that can only be meted out with a 15 inch black rubber cock!” Ecchi Angel Rei shouted.
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
Omake 4 (He's back!)
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
Shinji had a smile on his face and spring in his step as he walked home from school. His normal melancholy demeanour, the one that he showed the world at large, was nowhere to be seen.
 
The reason for his cheeriness was quite simple: - his father, the man that had caused him so much emotional pain and suffering, was now dead.
 
Shinji stopped at the pedestrian crossing and pulled out his mobile.
 
“Rei.”
 
“¬Yes, Lord Shinji?¬”
 
“Get everybody ready, _I'm_ having a party tonight at Misato's. Organise refreshments and ointment,” he said with a hint of excitement.
 
“¬Yes, Lord Shinji.¬”
 
Rei picked up on the tone of lover. “Tonight should be fun.”
 
 
@@@@@
 
Later that evening, Rei ushered Shinji's guests arrived at Misato's into main room.
 
“Lord Shinji gave instructions for us to undress,” the blue haired girl explained, slipping open her bathrobe.
 
Upon seeing Rei's pale skin, Ritsuko and Maya quickly shed their own matching outfits -jeans and white angora sweaters. They were tight-fitting, as per their preference.
 
The naked forms of Misato and Asuka walked in with trays of drinks and snacks.
 
“Misato, where's the couch?” asked Ritsuko. “You didn't pawn it for booze money, did you?”
 
“No,” the purple haired woman snorted, “Lord Shinji wanted the floor to be clear.”
 
“Oh,” Ritsuko shrugged before downing her sake. “And the stereo?”
 
“That's because I was inspired, Ritsuko-chan,” Shinji replied from the doorway. “As you know, I've had some good news and because of that, a pre-Second Impact song popped into my head.”
 
“I see,” said Maya as she reached for a soft drink.
 
“Good. Now I want everybody to stick their butts in the air. Trust me,” he said with a wink, “it'll be great.”
 
When the lovely ladies were in position, Shinji started the music.
 
“¬Tonight I'm gonna have myself a real good time
I feel alive
And the world I'll turn it inside out yeah
I'm floating around in ecstasy
So don't stop me now¬”
 
Shinji sang along and punctuated the words with light slaps on Asuka's ass cheeks.
 
“¬Don't stop me
'cause I'm having a good time
Having a good time¬”
 
Now Shinji's slaps became faster as he moved down the line of naked ladies. Still in time with the music, his smile grew as he began to truly appreciate the song that was older than anyone in the room.
“¬I'm a shooting star leaping through the sky
Like a tiger defying the laws of gravity
I'm a racing car passing by like Lady Godiva
I'm gonna go go go there's no stopping me
I'm burning through the sky yeah
Two hundred degrees that's why they call me Mr. Fahrenheit
I'm travelling at the speed of light
I wanna make a supersonic man out of you

Don't stop me now
I'm having such a good time
Don't stop me now ('cause I'm havin' a good time)
Don't stop me now (yes I'm havin' a good time)
I don't wanna stop at all

I'm a rocket ship on my way to Mars
On a collision course
I am a satellite
I'm out of control
I'm a sex machine ready to reload
Like an atom bomb about to oh oh oh oh oh explode
I'm burning through the sky yeah
Two hundred degrees that's why they call me Mr. Fahrenheit
I'm travelling at the speed of light
I wanna make a supersonic woman of you¬”
Shinji focussed on Rei at this point in the lyrics, making the blue haired girl smile.
 
“¬Don't stop me don't stop me, don't stop me hey hey hey!
Don't stop me don't stop me ooh ooh ooh (I like it)
Don't stop me don't stop me
Have a good time good time
Don't stop me don't stop me

I'm burning through the sky yeah
Two hundred degrees that's why they call me Mr. Fahrenheit
I'm travelling at the speed of light
I wanna make a supersonic man out of you

Don't stop me now
I'm having such a good time
I'm having a ball
Don't stop me now
If you wanna have a good time
Just give me a call
Don't stop me now
'cause I'm having a good time
Don't stop me now
Yes I'm having a good time
I don't wanna stop at all¬”
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
Apologies to the Queen fans out there, but that last one seemed funny at the time.
 
Until laterer comes.