Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ Shaman Shinji ❯ prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own both Evangelion and Shaman King.
--0--
Prologue
1999
That was a crucial year for all mankind after Lago's arrival, marked the beginning of a new of destruction. However that fate could be reverted with the apparition of one savior, Shaman king. This savior was chosen by an ancient North American tribe: The Patch, commissioned by the deity they worship: The Great Spirits a mysterious and capricious being.
In order to chose the future Shaman King, first the Patch through the ten priests, announced to every shaman in the world where and when the preliminary round is going to be, this edition location was Tokyo, Japan.
When the shamans who wanted to become Shaman King had gathered in Tokyo, they have to earn their right to participate in the first preliminary round. To do that each participant has to at least touch one of the ten priests in a ten minutes fight. If they succeeded, they were given an artifact so the Great Spirits could communicate them aspects about the tournament, that artifact was called: The Oracle Bell.
The first preliminary round was a series of three fights against random shamans chosen by the Great Spirits and communicated to each contestant through the Oracle Bell. If the contestant could win two of the three fights, then he or she could qualify to the second round.
The second round was taken in America and seemed to be simple: find the Patch village. However with the conquest and annihilation of almost all the Native American tribes, the knowledge of the Patch village was lost, perhaps that's why the Great Spirits chose that task as the second preliminary round.
Those Shamans whose manage to find the Patch village now could participate in the main tournament. The rules for this edition were to form teams of three shamans each and fight between them. That was odd for many people, after all only one could be chosen as Shaman King, but again nothing could be done against the Great Spirits will.
The Shaman king fight has existed almost since the awakening of mankind and former editions had gone smoothly, except the last one when one of the ten priest decide to become Shaman King himself. Besides that he carried the crazy idea of create a world of only shamans erasing the rest of the humans. The rest of the shamans as the rest of the ten priests as well decide to stop him. Even if the succeeded, that victory took a great numbers of lives and worse: the traitor took possession of the Spirit of Fire a very powerful being who came directly of the Great Spirits.
The ten priests were hoping this edition there were not any problems, but hiss last words promising his reborn after 500 years couldn't be ignored and unfortunate that words became truth in the form of one contestant name Hao Asakura. Then it was known that he was the transmigration of the original Hao Asakura a buddish monk who lived in Japan 1000 years ago, he also was the one who attacked at the shaman king tournament 500 years ago; and even after so many years his goal remained unchanged.
After the failed attempt to erase Hao from the world using the Gate of Babylon, Hao decided to take control of the Great Spirits directly ignoring the Shaman tournament. Due to his almost god-like powers, there was so little hope; however a group of kids led by Hao's twin brother, Yoh, were the last thing between the Great Spirits and Hao.
The first one to intervene in Hao's ambition was Yoh, unfortunate the diference in power was abysmal. At the end Yoh's soul was absorbed by Hao. The rest of the gang arrived later and with Yoh's fiancée, Anna, tried to stop Hao using the power of the 1080 collar, but at the end Hao's powers were immense.
When everything seemed lost, by miracle, Yoh's soul returned to his body. Now with renew strength he and his friends attacked Hao with the same results. Hao got pissed and decided to claim the Great Spirits without caring about Yoh and his gang. Even after he emerged from the Great Spirits, Yoh and company continued their attacks, this time only Yoh stood.
No matter Yoh's efforts Hao remained unhurt. Now but no patience Hao proceeded to incinerate Yoh. Everything seemed to be lost, but prays of those who still keep some hope didn't go unnoticed.
“You, what is with that form?” a very pissed Hao asked.
“Look like everyone lent me their powers” both Yoh and Amidamaru answered.
“What?”
“I can feel it” Yoh said, “It's a warm power” he continued, “this power isn't just mine. Everyone…everyone it's lending me their powers”, Yoh paused a moment then said “I don't think I can lose. No, I can't lose”
“Don't give that crap” Hao countered. After that both Hao and Yoh charged each others using theirs spirits.
The battle was intense the spirit of Fire use its limbs trying to harm the giant form of Amidamaru and him used the possession of both Harusame and Futsu no Mitama no Tsurugi to create a ethereal katana to counter Hao's attacks.
“That's why you won't do” were Yoh's last words before him and Hao charged for the last time. Against all the odds Hao was cut by half like his spirit. When they disappeared a white light engulfed everything and everyone found themselves at the desert finding that the entrance to the patch village disappears in front of their eyes.
--0—
Unknown place
“This is not the end, did you hear me Yoh?” A mad voice sounded. “Remember: for me time and death aren't anything. Soon you'll see. HAHAHAHAHA”
AN: That's it. I hope to keep doing it with time.