Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ The Angels Blood ❯ 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The angels blood chapter one

By Gamiel
Gamiel@evangelion.com

Hello everybody this is my first fanfic so please don't be to rough with the flames ok?
As stated this is fan fiction made without any intention of profit.
The original characters and story of Neon Genesis Evangelion are not mine, I take no credit for them just the story written here
which is my own creation based on the original story.



" " = Speech
' ' = Thoughts
# # = Location
¤¤ = PA system
[ ] = spoken in the ancient tongue

#Tokyo-3#

"SHIIIIT!!!! I just can't be late! Not today! Especially not now!" Captain Misato Katsuragi yelled
as she saw the chaos of the traffic in front of her
'Damn, why can't people learn the traffic patterns planned for this city, they aren't THAT complicated'
Then she saw the sign up ahead which pointed towards the soon to be finished ring route that they were building around the city.
'Hmm that route is supposed to be opened in a few weeks, it just might be ready enough for me to use it to reach him.
I don't know how big of a chance there is of it being done but it's worth a shot'.
Looking around to see if the path was clear (not really caring if it was or not) she floored the gas and made a 90 degree turn.
She drove trough a few roadblocks,, wincing as she heard the sound of the impact between her car and the obstacles.
With the obstacles and traffic out of her way she proceeded to speed down the wonderfully empty highway.
She looked up at the signs above the road as she cruised along. 'Hmm I should get of at the next exit' she thought to herself.
She then lowered her sight back to the road. That's when she realized she was almost out of roadway to use.
The construction wasn't completed on the section she was using. 'DAAAAAAAAAAMN!!!'
She thought as she plunged the gas pedal to the floor and flew over the gap.
Landing with a heavy thud and the sound of scraping metal on the other side she continued to speed
towards the nearest exit back to the streets of the inner city.


# Tokyo-3 central train station#

"So this is Tokyo-3" Shinji Ikari exclaimed in a subdued voice as he stepped of his train.
Shinji was a scrawny looking 14-year-old boy with brown hair and dark blue eyes with a distant look that contained deep hidden sorrows.
He was carrying a small green backpack, which contained all his earthly possessions except his cello
(the cello would be sent to him as soon as his Sensei received his new address).
After a quick look around him Shinji realized that he was the only person on the platform.
At that point Shinji realized that the annoying noise he unconsciously had tried to ignore for the last minute was
a siren.As he listened he noticed that someone was speaking over the PA system.
¤A special emergency has been declared for the Kanto and Chubu districts as of 12:30 today.
All civilians are advised to go to their designated shelters.¤
Shinji then started to go through his backpack. After a minute of searching he finally found what
he was looking for a envelope containing a few papers and a photo which had changed his life in a matter of hours.
The photo was of a gorgeous woman in her late twenties. She had dark purple hair, dark brown eyes.
She was wearing a dark tight dress, which ended at the upper half of her thighs.
The dress had a nice cut which showed quite a bit of cleavage.
(but the thought never crossed Shinji's mind).
Over her dress she had a red jacket with a red half fig leaf and the letters NERV on the left shoulder.
On the photo someone had scribbled in sloppy Kanji:

I will come and pick you up Shinji.

Misato

Someone else had also added:

Take a look at these!!!

And drawn a arrow to her cleavage.

The little extra note on the photo called up a weak emotion in Shinji.However, it was too weak and distant to truly identify it.
He was feeling more and more aware of his surrounding each day and his food had lost that bitter aftertaste since
that envelope had arrived at his sensei's house last week. 'Coincidence? For some reason I don't think so.'
"Hmm, I wonder where she is." Shinji said out loud. "Maybe I should try and call NERV."
He went over to the nearest phone both and lifted the phone of the hook but when he placed the phone to
his ear he heard the same message that was broadcasted over the PA system.
"Maybe I should go to a shelter then. But where can I find one?"
That's when he heard a huge explosion coming from behind him.
He turned around and saw ten VTOL aircraft's coming from a valley being chased by a
HUGE green thing that looked vaguely humanoid if you ignored its head, which looked more like a
cranium with a really pointy nose. He saw the thing quickly snatch one of the VTOL's out of the air and crush it with its left hand.

He was paralyzed with horror when he realized that the debris that the thing threw were flying straight at him at a very high speed.
He was standing in a very bad place... 'Oh shit....' he thought. 'Wait a minute what's that noise?'
At the last possible moment, a blue sports car swerved into view and pulled up right in front of him.
The gorgeous woman driving the car open the passenger door and yelled, "Get in!".
Due to the surge of adrenaline Shinji got in to the car in 0.05 seconds.
1.05 seconds later the car was gunning down the street and out of the way of the falling wreckage.
One minute later they were a few blocks away and the car finally slowed down to around 90 km/h instead of the
175 km/h it had been doing since Shinji got in.
"That was close! Sorry for being so late I'm Captain
Misato Katsuragi but you can call me Misato"

"Hai" Shinji responded in a subdued and distant voice.
Now that the adrenaline rush was gone he felt like everything was happening far away again.
'What's the matter with this kid he sounds bored, and after what happened about a minute ago
bored that's not the feeling I expected. And what's the matter with his eyes.
They look so empty almost like he isn't really there or something.
Oh well, I found him, better call NERV. He is kinda cute though...


#Central Dogma#

Gendou Ikari, supreme commander of NERV, sat behind the desk in his office.
He was currently observing the situation in the UN command center in Tokyo-2 through a holographic controller.
This also displayed a hologram of him in there. He kept himself in the back observing the situation as
it escalated since the problem was out of his hands at the moment. Currently it was in the hands of the five
UN generals responsible for the East Asian area. They were all quite stressed at the moment because
the word problem is too weak of a word to describe the situation they were in.
Catastrophe would be more like it. Normal weapons weren't even scratching the monster that they were fighting.
Their only option was to fall back on extreme measures. An N^2 mine.
"Sirs we have a report from the bomber squadron designated Tsunami.
They will be in position to drop the bomb in about 3 minutes."
"Good. Notify us when they are in position" one of the generals said.
Gendou Ikari just smirked all was going according to the plan.

#Tokyo-3 in the car of Major Katsuragi#

'Let's see now... speed dial 3 authorization code 463985 that should connect me to the command center.'
"Command Center, Lt. Ibuki speaking"
"Hello Maya its Misato. I have picked up the third child and am now en route back to the geofront,
could you be so kind and send an express lift to access gate 7? I'll be there in about two minutes"
"Umm, Captain I am receiving a report from the UN command center.
They will drop an N^2 mine on the angel in about three minutes, you'll have to hurry."
"An N^2 mine this close to the city! Are they crazy? Ok I'll step on it, be there in one minute, have the express ready."
"Affirmative Captain. Lt. Ibuki out."
Misato hung up her cell phone and once again she gunned the engine, almost flying through the city at breakneck speeds. Shinji was silently praying to whomever was listening in the hope that he would survive this mad dash. He also offered his gratitude to whoever saw it fitting that the streets should be empty.

#Central Dogma#

While Misato was speed racing through the city, Lt. Ibuki made her report to sub-commander Fuyutsuki.
"Sir, I have just received a report from Captain Katsuragi. She has retrieved the third child and is currently making her way to access gate 7.
Requesting permission to upgrade the car train's status at access gate 7 to emergency transport."
"Request approved." 'Ikari will want to know about this.'
"Hai." Lt. Ibuki saluted and walked away.
Fuyutsuki then left the command center and headed for Ikari's office.

The office was a vast dark room, the only sources of light was the weak glow of the Sephriothic system on the ceiling and a small monitor at Commander Ikari's desk.
"Ikari. The third child will arrive in about 5 minutes."
"Good. Now watch as the UN falls back on their last resort before us".

#UN Command Center, East Asia Division#

"Bomber wing Tsunami is ready and awaiting your signal sir."
The generals made a final glance among themselves before one nodded and said, "execute the attack."
"Tsunami this is control, you have green light, I repeat you have green light. Begin the operation."
"This is Tsunami, orders received. Executing attack in delta pattern. Drop will be made in 5...4...3...2...1...mine dropped."
The generals observed the plane as it closed in and launched the attack.
They watched silently as the mine exploded on the creature in a direct hit.
As the EMP from the blast knocked out the sensors, the entire control room was filled with cheers and laughter. Nothing could survive a blast of that magnitude. The cheers however came too an abrupt end when the EMP distortion cleared and the sensor equipment reacquired its lock on the energy source that was the angel. The satellite cameras then came back online. The picture they showed was a grim one. Although some injury was evident it was far from the total annihilation the UN generals had expected.
"It failed"
"We now only got one choice left"
"Ikari"
"Yes general?"
"We are entrusting this operation to you, don't fail us."
"I won't fail. In this case failure means extinction." He then disconnected his hololink.
"Fuyutsuki. Go to the control room and tell the staff that we can now act freely. I will be in the third cage."
"Hai Ikari-shirei."

#In the car train#

"What was that?"
"You mean the explosion? It was UN's last resort against that huge monster you saw, an N^2 mine"
"Oh."
'What is the matter with this kid? He has just seen a 150 feet high green monster and was almost killed in the last 10 minutes and he still seems distant, like he doesn't really care. I wonder if he's in shock or something?'
"That huge monster by the way was a entity from a species which has been code-named angels, don't ask me why.
NERV is a special branch of the UN whose objective is destroying these entities. Here I forgot too give this earlier."
Misato said as she handed him a green book with the title "Welcome to NERV" written on it.
At that moment the car train broke through the tunnel of rock and armor platting they had been
going through so far and out in to an open space. "And this is the geofront where NERV HQ is located,
you can see it down at the bottom"
Shinji looked out through the window.
'This place is huge. I wonder how high above the cavern floor we are'. He then looked up and was shocked by what he saw.
'An upside-down city.' Surprise and shock were clearly written on Shinji's face.
'Finally a normal reaction from the boy. He had me worried there for a minute.' Misato's thought when she saw the awe on Shinji's face as he looked at the geofront. But it slipped of him too quickly for Misato too feel comfortable about it.

#NERV HQ#

"I'm sorry but I still have a hard time finding my way around this place." Misato said while she anxiously glanced around for something familiar.
"I think we have already passed this spot twice." Was the helpful reply she received.
"Oh all right I'll call for help then."

#Eva cage 3#

[Would chairperson of project E, Doctor Ritsuko Akagi please contact Captain Katsuragi of Operations.]
'Oh no! Is she lost again? Damn it I don't have time for this'. Dr. Akagi thought as she slipped out of her wet suit, got dressed,
and went to search for the lost captain.

#NERV HQ#

"I think we should take this elevator." Misato said as she approached the elevator.
When they arrived at the elevator the doors opened and out stepped the person Misato was looking for.
'Lucky!' she thought.
"Ahh, Ritsuko there you are, I've been looking for you"
"Lost again major? Do I have to point out that we are short on both time and manpower."
"Sorry about that."
"So this is the third child? Nice too meet you Shinji."
"Huh?" was Shinji's reaction since he had concentrated on reading the manual Misato had given him.
"Never mind we have too get going."

They had rode one elevator for a few floors then they changed elevator and continued to ascend.
This elevator had glass walls and on the other side there was a murky purple liquid with a dark shape in the distance.
When Shinji laid his eyes on the dark shape he suddenly realized he was hearing a dark chanting music,
he then realized that he had been hearing the same music since he entered NERV HQ,
but it hadn't been loud enough too distract him until now.
"What is that music?" He asked as he stepped closer to the glass walls in order to see clearer.
"What music" Misato wondered "I can't hear anything"
Ritsuko on the other hand gave Shinji a shocked glance when he asked about the music.
"Can you describe it?" she asked.
"It's a low, dark chanting although I can't distinguish any words, the only thing I can hear clearly is that the voice is female. Can't you hear it?"
At that moment Ritsuko realized why Commander Ikari had sent for this boy to be an emergency backup pilot since the first child was hurt in an accident a week ago. Both the first and second child had commented on hearing a low chanting sometimes but it was very faint and they could only hear it when they were synched with their EVA's and had achieved at least a 70% ratio. For this boy to hear the chanting without even being in the same room as the EVA was incredible.
Then the realization hit her. When the first and second child had been asked to describe the chanting they had said that they heard male voices. 'Could it be because of Unit 01?' she asked herself. This boy she decided had to be tested in, as many ways as possible, she wanted to know everything she could about him. 'Sadly that will have to wait until we have dealt with the crisis at hand.'
She then put her hand in her pocket and found a syringe. 'Oh! Yes, how could I forget this.'
The elevator stopped and the got of.
"Shinji could you come here for a moment?"
"Yes?"
"I need to give you a shot before we proceed, it strictly for security matters I assure you."
"What is it?"
"Don't worry Shinji it's a vaccine"
"Ok" Shinji said and stepped closer to Ritsuko.
'I wonder what exactly this is? Ritsuko thought while giving Shinji the shot. I never saw this vaccine before an hour and a half ago when Ikari gave it to me with orders to give it to his son a few minutes before we brought him into the cage. I should save some for testing later, it looks almost like that liquid used to carry nanobots but the nanobot technology isn't advanced enough yet to have any practical use at all.
Or is it? Ikari is an expert on hiding information after all.'
"Ok Shinji just give it a few minutes to work now before we proceed."
Shinji didn't answer that, he was to busy trying to realize exactly what was happening to him.
He was experiencing a tingling, itching sensation that ran through his entire body.
And then it stopped. 'Strange...' he thought, then he finally realized that something was different.
He didn't feel distant anymore. He felt alive and like he was actually, there, not at the end of some long tunnel.
'Hmm, this is strange' He didn't have any more time to think about that as he finally realized that Misato
stood in front of him and waved her hand in front of his face and was saying things like "Is anybody home? Hello?"
This caused him to look into her eyes and that's when she realized that there was something different about him.
She returned the gaze and that's when she found what had changed, he no longer had that distant look on his face.
He still looked sad but his now intense gaze showed that there was someone on the other side of those eyes.
Locked as they were in each other's gazes Ritsuko finally had enough of being ignored and said, "Are you two quite done?"
"Huh? Yes we better get going." Misato said still feeling pierced to her very core by that intense look
she had received from the young boy in front of her just seconds ago.
As they continued through the corridor Shinji marveled at the intensity of the sensations he was
experiencing by just walking behind the other two.
They then reached a reinforced steel door, which Ritsuko opened with a small card.

They then proceeded into a pitch dark room.
"Why is it so dark in here" Shinji said.
After he voiced that question the vast room lit up. Right in front of him he saw something. A huge purple face.
"AAAHH!!" He screamed. "Is that... A face?"
He felt the adrenaline rush through his body enhancing his newly awakened senses.
He then realized it was a robot, a huge purple robot with green details. "A robot?"
"This is a biomechanical weapon called Evangelion or EVA for short. It's designed to fight the beings know as angels.
This is units 01"
"Is this my father's work?"
"That is correct" the voice of Gendou Ikari supreme commander of NERV exclaimed through the PA system in the room
"Father, why did you send for me?"
"You will pilot the Evangelion against the angel which is attacking as we speak."
"Is that the only reason why you called for me?
You send one letter for me in ten years and all it said was come here, so I came,
and the reason you called me here was to send me into battle?" Shinji asked in an angered tone.
"Yes, you are the only one who can do it. Will you pilot it, or not?"
The effect that statement had on Shinji was quite obvious to everybody in his vicinity as
his face contorted in a grimace of anger and pain and a low growling could be heard
coming from the younger Ikari's throat. When the elder Ikari saw the anger in his son's face he
turned away and activated a second COM while temporarily shutting down the PA to the EVA cage.
"Fuyutsuki."
"Yes."
"Send in Rei."
"Is that wise Ikari?"
"It will have the desired effect."
"As you command."

A door opened on the opposite side of the cage from where Shinji came in and two men in white coats rolled out a stretcher, probably doctors. But that wasn't what caught Shinji's eye's it was the girl on the stretcher.
She was heavily bandaged and had a patch over her left eye, her right eye on the other hand
made contact with Shinji, that's when he realized that she had red eyes.
The revelation made him take a second look at her, this time he more fully noticed that she
had blue hair and that she was in some sort of form fitting, skintight, white bodysuit.
On the left side of the suit a hole was cut and he could se bandages covering her there as well.
"What? You can't send Rei! She's on a stretcher damn it! She can't pilot the EVA in battle!" Misato shouted.
That's when the chamber shook for the first time. Most of the technicians scurrying around in
the cage checking the EVA and performing tasks associated to it started running around
again trying to finish making the last minute checks. Trying desperately to have the EVA ready for launch as soon as possible.
Then the chamber shook again. This time a few metal support beams near the roof of the room were broken and started to fall.
Shinji was standing right under the beams; however, Shinji was to occupied with staring at the girl,
who had fallen of her stretcher when the chamber shook the second time.
It took Shinji a few seconds to realize that Misato was shouting his name, he then realized exactly what she was shouting.
"Shinji watch out for those beams! Get away from there!"
'Beams?' Shinji thought and looked up, he saw the metal beams falling towards him, he screamed
and put his arms above his head in a futile attempt to protect himself.
Then something unexpected happened. Everybody who saw Shinji put his arms above his head thought he was a doomed.
Even as the beams were falling they heard a loud screeching noise.
Instead of the horrible crash of metal on metal and the death of the two teens, a very different sight met their eyes.
They saw the young boy standing there on the walkway and two meters above him they saw a large purple hand,
which had protected him from the metal beams. Then the shouting began.
"It moved"
"It's not supposed to move without a pilot"
"What happened"
"How did this happen?"
"It... it protected him?" Misato asked, but no one had an answer.
Shinji on the other hand didn't stop to think about why that hand had moved to protect him
or any of the other questions everyone else in the room was shouting, he just thought about one girl, an injured girl who had fallen.
He ran over to her, bent down and took her in his arms, this caused her to whimper in pain and
as he raised his hand he realized it was covered with blood, her blood.
He then acted without thinking just following a notion he felt was right.
He said, "[Blood calls to Blood as Soul calls to Soul]."
He then kissed her forehead as if giving her a blessing. After that he bit his palm, deep enough to draw blood.
He then placed his bleeding palm against her bleeding side and began chanting words he didn't know.
He had never before heard the language, yet he spoke it fluently. He didn't know exactly why he did this or even what he did, only that it would ease her pain and it felt like the right thing to do.
He felt a tingling sensation gather in his palm and then flow over to her.
He heard her gasp, then sigh. Finally, he heard her yawn, and then realized she had fallen asleep.
He looked at her face and saw that she was resting peacefully without pain.
Shinji then looked up at his father and said, "I will pilot it."
Because they told him he was the only one who could pilot the weapon that could fight the monster,
which was destroying the city. And he had found someone he felt like he needed to protect.


End of chapter one

Hope you liked it.
Please give me some reviews so that I'll know if you want me to continue writing this or abandon this series and start another one.
With enough motivation chapter two will be out in about two weeks, I already have most of it planned, I just need to feel the urge to write again.

Many thanks to my pre-reader Isamu who helped me a lot with a few misstakes.
Thank you!

Until next time.

Gamiel