Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ The Angels Blood ❯ 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Hello everybody and welcome back to the second part of "The Angels blood."
I am so sorry for the delay but better late then ever right? (Ducks and runs for cover)
Ok I'll try to hurry with the next part.
Hope you will enjoy this.

As stated this is fan fiction, that means that this is made by a fan for the fans.
This was made without any intention of profit without consent of the owners.
The original characters and story of Neon Genesis Evangelion are not mine; I take no credit for them just the story written here.


" " = Speech
' ' = Thoughts
[ ] = spoken in the ancient tongue




He awoke with a start, he was in a sterile hospital room.
'Was it all just a dream?' he asked himself.
He then looked around him.
'Why am I in a hospital? What happened?'
His musings were interrupted as the door opened and Misato entered.
"Hello Shinji. How are you doing?"
'So it wasn't a dream.'
"A bit drained Misato-san"
"That's understandable, considering what you have been through today."
"What time is it?"
"It is now 20:48. Shinji, I have some important things to talk to you about"
"What is it Misato-san?"
In a very formal tone of voice Misato starts reading out-load of a paper she's holding in her right hand.
"As of today, Mr. Shinji Ikari you are an employee of NERV, a sub
branch of the UN.
You are recruited as a pilot of Evangelion unit one and will therefore receive the honorary
rank of lieutenant in the UN Special Forces.
You will be paid accordingly, and you will have hazard pay for every mission
consisting of 500'000 yen.
Everything you see at NERV is classified, and should not be discussed
with outsiders.
Would you please sign this papers, and fill out these forms?"
"Hai" he answered rather stunned.
"Well then Lt. Ikari now that we are finished, are you ready to go?"
"Already?"
"Yes, I spoke with the doctor and he said you were free to go when you woke up"
"Oh. So where will I be staying? ...Will I be living with father?" at the last question his voice was barely audible and filled with anguish.
"I don't know, let's go to the administrations office and ask."
Shinji then blushed.
"What's the matter?" Misato asked.
"Could I have some privacy? I need to change."
"Of course, I'll be outside."

A few minutes later Shinji stepped outside
"I am ready to go now Misato."
"Come on then."
As they walked through the hallways and stopped by the elevator Shinji heard a voice saying.
"Ok miss Ayanami, you are free to go, I'd say it's a miracle but your wounds are all gone.
Dr. Akagi wanted to talk to you, so you'd better go and see her before you go
home."
"Hai." he heard a soft voice reply.




"You will have an apartment in the sixth block, is that to your satisfactory?"
"Hai" Shinji replied, somewhat depressed that he'd be all alone, but he was used to it.
At least he didn't feel as if everything was happening to someone else any longer,
but that made the thought of being all alone all the more painful.
"What?! He'll be living on his own?"
"Yes"
"Don't worry Misato-san, I'm used to it."
'Poor boy, he seems so sad. And living alone in a big city can't be good for someone his age.'
"Isn't there any alternatives?"
"I am sorry captain but this is all I have to offer that suits the security requirements set by commander Ikari."
"What about if he moved in with a NERV employee?"
"That would probably work if commander Ikari allowed it."
"Then it will work out just fine, Shinji would you consider moving in with me?"
"Move in with you?"
"Yes, there's plenty of room in my apartment."
A shy smile lit up his face.
'She is so nice to me, nobody has cared like that about me before.'
"I'd love to Misato-san."
"Great but could you drop the "san" ?"
"Hai Misato."
"Well, it's settled then."
"Ok captain, if you will just wait a few moments while I go and call the commander and get his approval then?"

After a few moments the clerk came back.
"We will just have to wait for a small delivery, ah there it is."
he said as a man in a black suit, with white shirt and black reflecting glasses came in with a small bunch of papers in his right hand.
"If you would be so kind and fill out these papers captain."
"What is it?"
"See for yourself."
"... What? Legal guardian? You want me to be his legal guardian?"
"The commander suggested that since you seemed concerned about his well being this would be fitting."
"Oh alright" she said after one look at the questioning eyes of the young man next to her.
"Come on now Shinji, let's go and buy some dinner and then I'll show you your new home, to bad it's already half past ten,
you missed a great thing remind me to show you the view of the city sometime ok?"
"Ok."




Misato opened the door and stepped inside while Shinji stopped just outside the door.
"Why are you stopping Shinji?"
"Pardon the intrusion."
"Don't be silly, this is your home now"
'My home? Will I be able to call this place my home?'
Shinji stepped inside and nervously said
"Tadaima"
"Okaeri nasai."
Misato then proceeded into her room to change.
"Could you do me a favour and put the groceries into the fridge Shinji?"
"Hai."
'Let's see now, beer... more beer... even more beer... snacks... who can live like this?'
He then noticed another fridge; he went over and opened it.
'Strange... no shelves.'
Misato then came out in a pair of cut of jeans and a yellow shirt.
She went over to the fridge and retrieved two beers, she immediately chugged one of the beers,
slammed it into the table and let out a scream
of satisfaction.
"Ahhh... life can't get any better than this. Ok Shinji, let me show you to your room."
It was a guest room, everything was covered in a thin layer of dust and it seemed like nobody had been in there for a long time.
"This is it, now let's eat!"
As soon as Shinji had put his bag in the room he went out into the kitchen again.
The smell of instant garlic ramen was in the air.

After dinner while Misato was drinking yet another beer she said.
"Ok Shinji, now we have to divide the chores. How about playing janken for them?"
"Ok Misato-san"
After all chores were divided Shinji realized he would be doing a lot of work here.
'He lost almost every time, he sure is unlucky at games. Well they say that if your lucky in games you are unlucky in love,
let's hope it works the other way around as well.'
"Why don't you take a bath Shinji? It would help you relax."

After agreeing with her Shinji cleared the table and went into the bathroom.
After undressing he stepped into the bathroom, as he removed the curtain hanging in front of the bathtub he saw that it was already occupied.
"WHARK!!"
"AUAAGH!!" Shinji screamed and ran out the door.
"What the...?" Misato said as a naked Shinji ran into the kitchen.
"Misato there's something in the shower!"
"Oh that's probably Penpen, my pet penguin."
"Penguin?"
"Yes" Penpen picked that moment to emerge from the bathroom, after squawking a greeting to Misato he went into the empty fridge.
"By the way Shinji, do you always run around naked?" she asked with a grin.
At this Shinji's face became beat red and he stumbled back into the bathroom do draw his bath.
'That boy sure is buff for a fourteen-year-old. Funny, I thought he looked scrawny when I picked him up earlier today, must be the clothes.'

Misato lay in her bath relaxing and talking with her old friend Ritsuko over the phone.
"So Misato, how was your first night with mister Ikari?"
"And you usually tell ME not to talk dirty." Misato answered with a grin.
Some coughing could be heard on the other side and it took a few moments before she could get an understandable reply.
"My god Misato!"
"Come on can't you take a joke?"
"Ok, ok, now answer the question."
"It was... nice."
"Nice?"
"Yes it was nice to have some company, someone to talk to at the dinner table, although he isn't very talkative."
"Did you notice anything strange about him?"
"Strange? What do you mean strange?"
"I'll tell you about it tomorrow, now answer the question."
"Well I noticed he is rather buff for his age."
"I thought he was rather scrawny."
"Yes I thought so too Ritsuko, at least when I picked him up at the station."
"But...?"
"But when he went into the bathroom after dinner he found Penpen there,
I forgot to tell him about my pet so he freaked when he saw him and ran out into the kitchen
buck naked and I can guarantee that he is very well built for a guy his age."
"That must have been a funny thing to see, our hero of the day panicking because of a penguin."
"It was." Misato answered giggling at the memory.
"See you tomorrow Misato."
"Good night Ritsuko."



In the bowels of NERV HQ dr. Ritsuko Akagi sat in the lab pondering about her conversation with Misato
and the data from the battle.
'I am certain he was a scrawny boy before we sent him up there, he was not well built when I gave him that shot.
I wonder if this has something to do with that energy spike inside the plug after the angel was defeated...
Hmm, lets see now the blood analysis should be finished now.'
She fetched the disk containing the data and went over to her terminal.
'Lets see now'

*Scanning energy pattern*

*Pattern: Purple*

'Purple? What class is he? I thought it should be red.'

^Classify specimen^

*Access to file denied Alpha clearance required*

'Ok, here you go alpha clearance.'

*Alpha clearance accepted*

*Specimen classified as Arch-Seraphim*

'ARCH-SERAPHIM?! What is that? The highest ever registered was two Seraphim alpha class and they are our pilots.
Ikari must have kept him secret for a reason. Let's see if I can find the specs. for Arch-Seraphim.'

*Access to file denied Omega clearance required*

'What the...?! Omega clearance? There seems to be a lot of things that Ikari has kept from me.
There shouldn't even be an Omega clearance, I should have complete access to all data in the MAGI.'





Shinji was sleeping, but he was not sleeping well, something plagued his dreams, making his face a mask of pain.

*Dream*

"Launch EVA" Misato Shouted.
As Shinji rocketed towards the surface he could her the techs on the deck shouting about something.
"Sempai! His synch is at 58 percent!" a soft female voice shouted in a shrill tone.
"WHAT?! Are you sure Maya? Check again."
"Hai sempai. Synch ratio is currently holding at 58 percent."
"That is incredible!"
As Shinji reached the surface the discussion faded from his mind as the city under fire met his gaze,
far away he could see that green monster mindlessly walking around and blasting houses.
"Shinji, concentrate on walking first."
"How?"
"Think that you walk and the EVA will walk."
'Walk.'
To the amazement of the crew present on the command deck the EVA lurched and stumbled a few steps forward and stopped.
'[Walk]' the EVA straitened it's back and strode forward proudly.
They began to cheer as they saw a new hope.
A prodigy pilot who could pilot without training, this was simply incredible!
'It's walking, this is incredible' Shinji thought, alas as he thought this he temporarily lost control.
They cheers in the command centre suddenly died down as a building next to the
EVA exploded which caused the EVA to fall flat on its face.
Shinji became a bit annoyed at this since his left check now hurt like he had scratched it against asphalt.
Nobody had told him that he would feel pain just because the EVA stumbled.
"Shinji! Watch out! The angel is coming to close!" Misato shouted but it was to late.
Shinji realized that he was in big trouble because he was held high up in the air by that monster.
He felt a terrible pressure against his forehead where the grip was concentrated.
As he fumbled for the arm which had him suspended high up in the air with his left arm
he used his right arm to take a crushing grip on the angel's head.
But the angel grabbed his arm and with a mighty pull dislocated the right shoulder of the EVA,
another pull and the elbow was now pointing out in an angle that had NEVER been intended by nature.
As Shinji screamed because of the incredible amount of pain Misato kept yelling something to him about it not being his arm,
but the way it hurt it must be his arm.
Then a red curtain seemed drop over his vision distorting everything.
With a mighty roar he kicked the angel in the gut, as it keeled over and dropped him to the ground.
He quickly jumped back and checked his right arm and shoulder, after snapping the shoulder back into place
he felt that tingling sensation again and his arm stopped hurting.
He charged the angel who once again was ready for him, when he was just 15 meters from his target he
slammed into some kind of force field.
"Deploy your AT field Shinji! It's the only way to pass through." Misato shouted.
"He can't hear you captain, he is in a frenzied berserk right now and doesn't care about anything except the battle right in front of him"
Maya the deck operative in charge of monitoring the pilots' status during the battles said.
The EVA roared mirroring the actions of it's pilot and charged the angel once again.
The crew watched in anticipation as he approached the line where the field was last time.
As he crashed into the field this time he seemed to somehow tackle it.
The field disappeared and the angel took a hit to it's head as it was tackled by the EVA.
As the angel fell followed by the EVA, Shinji grabbed the shoulders of the angel and ripped both arms lose.
Tossing them behind him he began to savagely beat the angel in the abdomen.
As the red orb in the abdomen of the angel began to crack it suddenly reshaped it's body into a ball around
the head and torso of the EVA.
"It is going to self destruct!" Makoto Huyuga the tech responsible for visual observation shouted.
The angel began to glow in a bright white light and then exploded taking three entire blocks with it.

*End of dream*

Shinji awoke with a cry.
"Aaah!!"
After a few minutes his heart rate and breathing returned to normal.
"Was that a dream? ... No it felt so real... could it be a memory? Was that what happened earlier today?"
After about thirty minutes of tossing and turning Shinji finally drifted of to sleep again.



The next morning Shinji was standing in the kitchen making breakfast when Misato emerged from her room.
"Good morning Misato."
"Morning" Misato mumbled back as she headed for the fridge.
As Shinji turned to his guardian he realized she was only wearing a bra and panties.
He was shocked and quickly turned to the breakfast he was cooking trying not to think about Misato standing just a few feet away...
He actually managed quite good (which means he did not pass out or lose to much blood because of a nose bleed).
While he ate his breakfast Misato took a bath.
After the bath she stepped into the kitchen where Shinji was making his lunch.
"Shinji here's a note with directions to the school you will be attending, the transfer is already completed
so you should just go directly to classroom 2-A. Ok?"
"Hai. I'd better get going now, good bye Misato-san."
"Bye bye Shinji. See you tonight" She smiled and winked at him, which promptly made him blush.
'Yep, it's the clothes. The clothes make him look scrawny'

As he walked through the relatively empty streets of Tokyo-3 he was amazed at how many people there was in the city,
when he grew up there had never been more than six people present at the same time.
As he reached the school he immediately caught some attention among the student who had gathered on the school
yard to talk about the angel attack.
Shinji proceeded into the school and started looking for classroom 2-A.
After fifteen minutes of uneasy search he found it.
'Finally, who could have thought that it would be so big and that there would be so many people.'
As he stepped into the door he saw that there were only eight people present in the classroom.
'I must be early.'
As he closed the door behind him a girl his own age with brown hair tied back in two pigtails.
"I am class representative Hikari Horaki, are you Shinji Ikari?"
"Yes."
"Welcome to class 2A, your desk will be over here. Would you please take a look at these papers."
'He seems familiar somehow, but from where?'
Hikari kept asking herself that question while she returned to her seat.
As she sat down she scanned the classroom, as her gaze found it's way over to the oddest of her classmates Rei Ayanami she suddenly remembered.

*Flashback*

Hikari was walking towards the classroom early as usual, as she came closer she could feel a hint of... something in the air.
She had always been able too feel some of what the people in her direct surroundings felt, it took her a while to realize that "normal" people
didn't feel what others felt. She had always wondered why she had this gift,
for a gift it must be she had reasoned so she looked it up once, it was called empathy.
She was an empath, and that had become very helpful once she gained some control of her gift.
She could now concentrate on one person and read what that person felt if she was close enough.
Touching the person would make the process even easier.
But what was had happened to someone in the classroom that was so
important that it had an effect on the entire area around that person?

She entered the classroom, and found Rei sitting in her normal place looking out the window deep in thought.
'Did something happen to Rei?'
Hikari approached Rei and took a closer look, that was when it hit her.
Rei wasn't covered in bandages and didn't have her arm in a sling anymore.
' What has happened? She was here a few days ago covered in bandages and it seemed like she
could barely walk and now she is back to normal? '
Deciding to ask her about it she approached the mysterious girl.
"Ayanami? What happened to your wounds?"
As Hikari came closer she could feel a hint of... confusion? Rei had always been a mystery to Hikari since she had never felt anything from Rei.
But now for some reason Rei was confused, she couldn't feel it clearly but it was still a lot compared to nothing.'
She was now very curios as to exactly what had confused Rei.
As she placed her hand on the girl's shoulder she was shocked, her vision of the classroom faded and was replaced by another place.

It was a huge room, like a storage room, Hikari was being wheeled in on a stretcher,
then she suddenly realized that it wasn't her that lay on the stretcher but Ayanami.
'Where is this place?' Hikari asked herself
She then saw a huge purple robot. 'What is THAT?'
She then saw a young boy standing next to two women. 'Who are they?'
She made eye contact with him and saw two deep blue eyes filled with sorrow.
Then one of the women shouted
"What? You can't send Rei! She's on a stretcher damn it! She can't pilot the EVA in battle!"
And then the whole chamber shook. And again, this time she fell of the stretcher.
She heard a noise like screeching metal and then she felt warm.
She realized that she was held by that boy.
She felt so safe when he held her even if her wounds hurt they seemed to hurt less when she was in his arms.
He then said something in a strange language, Hikari recognised it but didn't know where she had heard it and no idea of what he said.
She felt a warm sensation, what was this? She realized that he had just kissed her forehead.
She looked up at him. 'What is he doing?'
As he bit his own hand and drew blood she could do nothing but stare.
He placed his bleeding palm against her bleeding side and as their blood mixed together she felt a throbbing in her side.
The throbbing was soon replaced with a slight tingling sensation,
which quickly swept through her entire body.
Then it was gone and so was the pain, she felt so relived and then everything faded into darkness.
As everything went black she could hear Rei say

"In the first storm after the first
accession the lord will find his wings.
Beware although they give him relief they bring dangers.
In the face of the red storm of anger he will take flight.
If he is lost the world will fall."

After that shocking vision Hikari stumbled back to her seat.

*End Flashback*

As the realization sunk in Hikari gasped and looked at the new student once again, yes it was him she had seen.
Then she noticed that Rei was behaving a bit odd instead of her normal staring out the window she kept glancing
at the new boy.
But she had no time to wonder about it since the teacher chose that moment to enter the classroom.
"Rise, bow, sit."
And so the teacher after doing the normal roll call began his usual rant about second impact and how it had affected his life.
The class was used to it, the teacher was at least in their eyes senile since he always spoke about the same things,
and at the moment there was a teacher shortage in the city so the class had him all day, every day.
'And there will not be a rush of teachers coming to this town after what happened yesterday.' Hikari mused to herself.
There were now fourteen students present; probably a good number if you consider what happened.
'The rest will probably return within a few days.'
The class chat was very active today, usually people would just have private conversations,
but today everybody wanted to discuss the attack.
She spent the class thinking about how to approach Rei or the new boy with the things she saw.
When the bell rang for lunch she gave up, put on a fake smile and went to eat with her friends.
'I probably just need to think about something else for a while.'

When lunch came everybody filed out of the classroom.
Shinji approached the girl he knew as Rei Ayanami.
"Ayanami, how are you feeling today?"
"I am well Ikari, since my wounds were healed yesterday I have felt no pain." she answered her voice strangely devoid of emotion.
"Well that is good to hear" Shinji answered, as he felt a bit flustered because of her tone he soon left Rei's company and went out into the yard.

He picked a spot under an oak in the school yard, opened his bento and began to eat.
He was a bit sad that nobody would join him, on the other hand just being around
so many people for such a long time was already taking it's toll on him.
'Strange teacher, seemed to just ramble all class, I wonder what we will be doing this afternoon...'
He looked around him seeing kids his age spread around the school area.
'I could actually begin to like this' he thought as he saw the happy faces and heard the laughter drift over the yard.

The afternoon went by the same way as the morning had.
The teacher rambled and Shinji listened to his SDAT.
'Seems like I already know more about second impact than he ever will.'
The information he had become privy to since his employment as a NERV pilot would make a lot of conspiracy fanatics dance of joy.
The most interesting piece he had read so far was the truth of second impact.


As Shinji walked home from school he felt like he was being followed, but since he couldn't distinguish anybody suspicious in the crowd
he shook it of as him being nervous because of the crowd.
Shinji was in fact followed by class representative Hikari Horaki.
Hikari had seen in his transfer papers that Shinji lived somewhere on the way between her house and school.
She recognized the address but she could remember which house it was, and since she was curios she followed him.
'I just want to see which house he lives in, it's got nothing to do with Kensuke's rambling about him being somebody special or
that vision from this morning.
Nope nothing about those extra guys in black suits who always seemed to be in the vicinity of the school was there because of him.'
As she saw him enter one of the apartment complexes she stopped and looked at it for a while.
'Wow, nice house. Must be one of those really expensive apartment complexes.
I wonder what his guardian does for a living and what happened to his parents?
They weren't even listed in his file. Come to think of it there was a lot of information missing in his file,
no previous residence, no relatives. Seems like he has no past at all.'
After standing there pondering for a few minutes she proceeded down the road, which led to her home.



Well? What did you think?
Please Read & Review .

Many thanks to my pre-readers Kristian Heidmann and Isamu.
Without their comments this fic would be worse off.

Until next time.

Gamiel.