Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ The Children ❯ Third Impact ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Neon Genesis Evangelion belongs to Gainax. I can only wish it belonged to me. Then I wouldn't have to write this disclaimer.

The Children

a Neon Genesis Evangelion fanfic

Chapter 1: Third Impact

"Ughhh...." Shinji Ikari groaned as he regained consciousness. He stood up and looked around. He was on some sort of... beach? "Weird..." he thought. He sniffed the air. Everything smelled like LCL. "Wonder where everyone else is." he muttered to himself. He walked slowly down the beach. Up ahead he saw something... a plug suit? "No... It can't be" he thought frantically "Asuka....?" He ran up to the plug suit. It was empty, and covered in blood.

"NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!" Shinji couldn't take it any more. He collapsed onto the ground, holding the plug suit. He cried until he felt as if he couldn't cry anymore. Then he heard a noise coming from the lake of LCL behind him. A form made of LCL was rising from the lake. It resolved itself into a figure, the figure of Rei Ayanami, still in her plug suit.

"Wha...?" said Shinji. "Pilot Ikari" said Ayanami, still floating above the lake of LCL "what is wrong?"

"Isn't it obvious?!?!" screamed Shinji, wracked with grief for Asuka. "She's dead, Ayanami!! Asuka's DEAD!!!"

"Yes... You did care for her very much, didn't you, Pilot Ikari?" replied Rei. "Well, I believe I can do something about it."

"What can you do, Ayanami?" Shinji muttered "She's dead. Nothing can change it."

"Something can change it." said Rei. "I can change it."

"How can you change the past, Rei Ayanami? You may be part Angel, but you can't turn back the clock." Shinji shot at her.

"I can, Shinji Ikari, Third Child, son of Gendo and Yui Ikari" Rei replied in a mystical voice. "If you wish, I can change events so that they will turn out different."

"If you really can, Ayanami, please do. I don't think I could live without seeing her again."

"Very well. In this changed past, the forces of the JSSDF will be back at their bases. The SEELE EVAs will be destroyed, and you, me and Pilot Soryu will be found in comas somewhere near Ryouji Kaji's melon patch.

"All right, Ayanami. I'm ready"

Brilliant, bright light begins to flow from Rei Ayanami's body, and Shinji Ikari, the Third Child, Returns to darkness...

Coming soon

Chapter 2: The Discoveries