Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ The Scarred Angel ❯ A Private Discussion ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SUMMARY: Alternate Universe. Shinji Ikari, the half-blood, has been chosen to be the Guardian Angel to the Souls of Fire and Ice. As a warrior, he has few equals. But can he help the Souls emotionally? Both of the Souls are stalked by Nightmare Demons, which makes them vulnerable to Demons who feed on the emotions of the innocent. There is also the Demonic Assassins, sent after them by the Dread lords, which Shinji must deal with without revealing who and what he is to the humans. Can the famous Scarred Angel protect his charges?

)A Private Discussion(

"Lady Gaia, the Soul of Ice has just been born, and the Soul of Fire is due to be born two moon cycles from now."

"Good. Has the Guardian Angel I've chosen done well in his Exams?"

"Yes my Lady. He has the highest Human Studies scores recorded in over ten thousand years, and he regularly spars against seven to ten opponents at once. He hasn't lost a fight since he was twelve years old. Quite impressive. I do worry though that he is too much of a………"

"……… Individual, perhaps?"

"Yes, Lady, he is too much of an Individual for an Angel. Angels have always been in a Clan, with each person in the Clan similar to their fellow Clansman. But he and his friends are different. They act different to the other Angels. They aren't in a Clan. They don't even have similar hobbies or personalities to each other, yet they are still friends."

"Those are the reasons why I chose him. You forget, the Guardian of the Fire and Ice Souls will be converted into a human baby, and although he will still have his memory and all his Angelic……… and Demonic powers, he will still be `Human' to all he grows up with. To fit in, he has to be an Individual. The fact that he is one now is just better for his mission."

"There is also the matter of his Demonic blood, Lady Gaia."

"And he has proved to us that he follows the Angel ways, even though he is an Individual."

"Why didn't you choose one of his friends Lady Gaia? They all have. `Individuality' as well. There's Maya Ibuki and Kensuke Aida, who both have a better knowledge of Angel and Human technology, or Toji Suzuhara. He's physically stronger then your chosen Guardian, and he seems to be more protective. Kaji Ryoji would quickly gain the admiration of the Soul of Fire then-"

"Enough Ritsuko. I know all of this. The Guardian doesn't need to know about Angel technology now. He will learn all he needs to know about human technology as he `grows' up. And Ibuki and Aida know little of fighting. And they aren't Guardian Angels. Suzuhara is inappropriate as well. He's actually much weaker then my Chosen; it's just that the Half Blood doesn't solely rely on his strength to win his fights. Besides, when Suzuhara fights he often loses focus when he is angry and is easily defeated. And as for him being more protective, he is only protective of his loved ones, and there is no chance he could have feelings for the Souls. The Soul of Ice will scare him and he will greatly dislike the Soul of Fire.

"My Chosen Guardian actually fights better when angered, although he has only gotten into that kind of rage twice in his life. And as you said before, he spars against seven to ten opponents at once, and easily beats them all. Toji has trouble defeating five. My Chosen will get very close to the souls, though I can not tell how close. And we don't want an Angelic lover for the Fire Soul, so Kaji is out of the question. Just because my chosen has demonic blood flowing through his veins doesn't make him evil."

"Yes Lady Gaia, please forgive me. I did not mean to offend."

"You did not offend me Ritsuko. As I've told you before, everyone is allowed their own option, although that doesn't mean they are allowed to speak it. Now, we must tell Cadet Angel Shinji Ikari that he has an assignment. How do you think he will take it?"

"Perhaps, Lady Gaia, we should ask him and find out?"

"Perhaps we should. We might as well tell his support team about their assignment as well. Bring Kaji Ryoji to me as well, since he will be replacing the Guardian Angel protecting someone who will be close to the Souls."

"Of course my Lady. I shall bring them here immediately."

***************************************************************< /div>

A young man looking about eighteen years old stood surrounded by ten boys of a similar age. The first man is just over 6 feet and nine inches tall and is not overly broad for his height. Because he isn't wearing a shirt, you have no problem believing he is strong. It would be very hard to have muscles like that and not be strong. His chest, back and arms are covered in scars, though none of them look as if they had been life threatening. His long dark brown hair, which just reaches past his shoulders, is tied back in a loose ponytail, like he doesn't much care about what it looks like, as long as it's out of his way. Anyone can easily tell he is a fighter by the way he holds himself; head held high and the relaxed look his body has, even though he is surrounded by ten people obviously ready for a fight. And the scars help a bit too. There is no debate that this person is dangerous. Very dangerous.

The people surrounding him looked nervous. Comparing these ten to Shinji is like comparing eagles to griffins. Both are impressive, but a Griffin will always draw more attention then an eagle. And a Griffin will always be more powerful then ten eagles, even if the eagles happen to be armed with large pointy objects.

The Scarred Warrior smirked to himself as he noticed his opponents drawing their weapons instead of discarding them, like they had agreed to. `Idiots. You'd think they'd learn to follow the rules by now.' With that thought he leapt to the attack.

###############################################################< /div>

{{AUTHORS NOTES: Characters will be different to what your use to. I will be changing personalities, looks, and ages. Don't worry; most characters will still be recognisable. I'm really only changing the looks of Shinji, because I like my Heroes to be tall.

How many times did I use the word `individuality' in this chapter? Probably too many. Now who didn't guess that Shinji was the Chosen Guardian Angel? If I've written this right, you should have a few questions buzzing around your head. If you need help, they should be:

What's a Half Blood?

Who's Lady Gaia?

If Shinji and Toji are Angels, what are the other Pilots? (Answer: That's pretty easy to figure out, but if you can't, wait until chapter two or three)

Are Angels good guys in this story? (Answer: Yes)

Who gets with whom in this fic?

I'll tell you the answer to the last question. I don't know. I haven't decided yet. If I do put a pairing with Shinji, it will be out of these girls; Asuka, Rei, Misato, Maya or Hikari. Shinji will have a lot of girlfriends (Most, if not all, will be OC), but they wont be permanent. He mostly just uses them for sex (Don't worry; the girls are using him as well). There just there so that you know Shinji is very… experienced in bed. THIS IS NOT A HENTAI! I WILL NOT BE GOING INTO ANY DETAIL ABOUT SHINJI'S SEX LIFE! I figured I better mention that now. E-mail me about any mistakes in my story. If you have any comments about my story, REVIEW!}}