Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ What If ? ❯ Reactivation ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Neon Genisis Evangelion: What If?

Disclaimer: I do not on anything to do with NGE and I never will except the story line of my stories.

Warning: This series contains spoilers if you haven't seen the whole series.

Red: If text is in Red it is actually what happened in the series.

Black: If text is black it is the What If ? side off the series.

Episode 1 What If ?: Reactivation

"0.7… 0.6… 0.5… 0.4… 0.3… 0.2… 0.1… " " We've past the border lin… wait" "The system is eradicating, the pilots brain waves are going back wards" "Eject the entry plug" "The systems aren't responding we can't eject. No it can't be" "It's an Angel". The explosion crossed over most of Tokyo-2 and engulfed NERVs Second Command Base. Evangelion Unit 03 or Bardiel the 13th Angel had been set free.

"0.7… 0.6… 0.5… 0.4… 0.3… 0.2… 0.1… " " We've past the border lin… wait. No we've past the border line". "Toji this is Misato, How are you?" Major Kasaragi said over the mike and on to Toji Suzahari's (The pilot of Evangelion Unit 03) display screen. Toji looked down at her smiling face on his display screen and gave her the thumbs up. "Great. How would you feel on walking as well?" Misato said smiling again. "Excuse me Major Kasaragi but do you have the proper authority to continue with the reactivation test". "Yes" said Misato sarcastically to her friend Ritsuko Akagi.

"Is that what I think it is?" asked the designated pilot of Evangelion Unit 01 Shinji Akari. "Correct, that is the target" replied Commander Gendo Ikari. "But, isn't that an Eva, it might still have a pilot inside". Asuka Langley Soryu's face (The pilot of Evangelion Unit 02) appeared on Shnji's display board and said "You mean you still don't know who the pilot is, it's…" Asuka's picture turned static and Shinji listened to her painful screams. "Asuka?" he screamed at the static picture "Asuka!" he screamed again waiting fo an answer. "The target is approaching you Unit 00 destroy it at all costs" Commander Ikari began. "Yes" said Rei Ayanami the pilot of Evangelion Unit 00.

"Shinji hi it's Misato how are you doing?" she asked. "Good, how did the reactivation test go?" Shinji replied and asked. "Good, but I have to tell you something. Shinji, the designated pilot for Evangelion Unit )3 is… it's… I'm sorry I didn't tell you it's your friend Toji." Shinji looked at Misato and hung up. He walked down the street thinking about Toji. "Toji" he said quietly to himself. "Hay, Ikari" came a familiar voice from behind. "Hi Kensuke" said Shinji as his brown headed friend came up to him. "Wow, why so glum, did something amazing happen at the test that your speechless. Wow, tell me tell me tell me tell me" Kensuke Aida said excitedly. "No, but I found out who the pilot was" Shinji began. "It's Toji" he finished. "Toji" Kensuke looked gob smacked at what he just had heard "No way" he said again looking gob smacked. That brought a smile to Shinji's face. "Shut up, you hate being a pilot and I'd love to be one" Kensuke said. "You still don't get it it's not always fun, actually it's not fun ever" Shinji said. As Kensuke walked with Shinji he pondered on a way to get into an Evangelion. He imagined himself killing the Angels and being the Second Impact Hero. "Shinji. Do you think I'd make a good Eva pilot?" "Who, you?" Shinji paused to think. "Yes, you'd make a great pilot Kensuke" he said smiling at his friend. "Great" Kensuke screamed. As Shinji and Kensuke were talking Rei came from around the next bend. Shinji stopped and looked at the girl Ayanami.

"AYANAMI" Shinji screamed as he saw Ayanami's Evangelion arm dislodge from the torso. "Shinji, the target is approaching you, you have to destroy it" said Commander Ikari. "But I can't" he said. Bardiel 03 (13th Angel and Eva Unit 03) approached Shinji and stopped in front of him. Bardiel 03 pulled one of his arms back and he extended it around 01's neck. Shinji couldn't breathe properly and was hurled down to a hill. Shinji made the Eva try and get Bardiel 03's arm away from his neck. "Pilot's life line system is failing we have to cut the nerve systems" said Maya Ibuki to Commander Ikari. "Negative, activate the dummy plug" he said. "But the Dummy plug isn't fully operational yet" she answered back. "It's still better then the current pilot we have, do it" he said. Shinji couldn't fell Bardiel 03's grip anymore. He sighed in relief until the Evangelions safety lights turned red. "What the hell are you doing father?" Shinji screamed at Commander Ikari. Unit 01 began to take back control and grabbed onto Bardiel 03's neck. 01 started to squeeze Bardiel 03's neck. Shinji tried to move the Eva away but he had no control over any of the systems. "Stop it father, stop" he screamed again. 01 squeezed and squeezed and squeezed and eventually snapped Bardiel 03's neck. "NO!" Shinji screamed. Bardiel 03's arms fell to it's sides and it's roars stopped. 01 through Bardiel 03 across the ground and walked over to it. "NO!" screamed Shinji again as 01 punched and crushed Bardiel 03's head. A wave of blood knocked over trees and a building. 01 ripped open Bardiel 03's chest plates and started to punch it's bare open chest. Blood spirted across 01's AT-Field.

"Hi Asuka, I'm home" said Shinji through his empty apartment. He looked in the kitchen and nobody was there. He shrugged and opened the bathroom door. Outside the building a teenager screamed her lungs out as a boy walked in on her getting changed. Shinji held his head after Asuka had slapped him upside the head. "Ow" he said to himself. Asuka walked out of the bathroom "don't you ever knock?" she said. "I'm really sorry Asuka, I didn't mean…" he was interrupted "Oh so it was an accident like when you tried to kiss me when we were sleeping" "Hay that has nothing to do with it, I was going to kiss you because…" he stopped himself. "Because what?" she said angrily. "Because you looked sad" he finished. Asuka didn't reply with a comment she just stood there looking at him. "Aren't you going to hit me Asuka" he said. Asuka shook her head and smiled. Shinji smiled back and was confused when she gave him a hug. "You really were going to kiss me not because your some girl crazed boy" she said pulling away. Shinji nodded, Asuka smiled again and gave Shinji a hug. Shinji held her tight and smiled to himself.