One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ For You ❯ waiting ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Zoro: *Zoro looks over at Nami, who had just quickly pulled the covers up over her head*
Nami: Ne...Zoro...I just wanna get some sleep...okeeey? Quit distractin' me!
Zoro: *Sneaks up on Nami and pulls the covers back down over her head*
Zoro: I just wanna know what you were looking at
Nami: Absolutely nothing! ::Nami's faces flushed, rolling over onto her other side:: ...Nothing at aaallll...Now c'mon. It's been a loooong night and I wanna sleep damn it!
Zoro: Oi...Nami... come on... *starts to tickle her*
Zoro: its still early!
Nami: Noooooo! Zoro....No! ::She began to laugh like crazy, she was extremely ticklish...her laughter turning into squeals:: Stoooop it!!! Get off of me! I'm so tiiiiiired!
Zoro: *On top of her tickling* Oh? Stop what? This? *Tickles harder* Fiiiiiine... *Stops, but winds up laying on top of nami, their faces and bodys barely an inch or 2 apart*
Nami: And Nami stares up at him...something, most likely the alcohol, made her draw her face closer to his own, as if she were going to kiss him, but then she stopped herself:: Anou...Zoro....?
Zoro: neh? nami? what's wrong?
Nami: ...You're...on top of me....You should get off and go ta sleep! ...Aren't you tired too? ::She asked...there was a somewhat nervous look in her eye as she shifted uncomfortably under him::
Zoro: *rolls off and beside her* Not really tired...
Zoro: Nami...
Zoro: whats wrong?
Nami: ...Eh...Nothing. I just wanna go sleep...::She looked at him:: ...What's wrong with you?
Zoro: *sigh* Nothing.... you just seemed a little scared a second ago... did I do something wrong? I'm sorry i tickled ya
Nami: ...nothin'. It's nothing. Just...let's get some rest...all right? ::the blanket went back over her head::
Zoro: *Grabs Nami and hugs her tightly*
Zoro: I'm sorry... ok?
Nami: ::Nami blinked as he hugged her...and then slowly her arms went around him after pushing the blanket away:: ...Nothing to be sorry for....
Zoro: Nami... if you ever want to talk... you know I'm here, right?
Nami: I...know...Heh...Never thought I'd see you and I like...this before...::She smiled softly at him::
Zoro: *smiles back* Kind of an unlikely duo, eh?
Nami: I suppose so...::Another smile....before closing her eyes:: ...Can I trust you?
Zoro: Of course... anything you tells me doesn't leave this room...
Nami: ...I just mean...To sleep here with me and not go any further then you should...
Zoro: Nami... You know I would never....
Nami: ...I *don't* know...I've never slept next to you before!
Zoro: *Sigh* You're right... but you know I would never do anything to hurt you
Nami: ...I know you wouldn't...::she sighed once:: I know you wouldn't...::Her eyes close, and she just lies there idlely::
Zoro: Just sleep... I'm here..... *just strokes her hair while she lies there*
Nami: ::Nami finally drifts off into sleep...but after awhile, she begins to twist, turn, and tremble...even crying out and muttering indistinguishable things::
Zoro: *Zoro shakes Nami softly* nami... nami... wake up!
Zoro: Nami!
Nami: ::And Nami awakes with a start....Sitting up quickly:: Wh....where am I?! ::she was in a panic::
Zoro: Nami... its ok... your in an inn...
Zoro: nami.. are you ok?
Nami: ::She was breathing deeply, before she finally turned to Zoro...staring up at him:: ...I'm...I'm fine...really...I'm just fine ::The tears in her eyes said otherwise::
Zoro: *Grabs Nami and pulls her tight* Nami... Its ok... I'm here...
Nami: ::And she began to sob profusely like he had never seen before...not saying anything else...just crying softly to herself::
Zoro: *Stroking her hair and holding her tightly* Everything's going to be alright... Nobody's going to hurt you as long as I'm here...
Nami: I....I find it hard to believe sometimes...Even if you're here...::She continues to cry::
Zoro: Nami... listen to me... as long as I'm here, nobody will ever hurt you ever again
Nami: ::Slowly, her sobbing subsided, though her tears didn't. She just sat there, pressed into his embrace, before she finally wrapped her arms around him, burying her face in his chest, letting out one last sob::
Zoro: Nami... I don't know what happened, but it must have been awful.. *Picks her chin up and looks into her eyes*... Listen... I'll never let it happen again...
Nami: I...I know it won't...::She let out another light sob:: ...I'm not as weak now as I was back then...
Zoro: Nami... no matter how weak you are or were, you didn't deserve whatever happened...
Nami: ...Yeah, well...No one deserves to be raped. But it happened...and it changed so many things...::She sighed...clinging to him in the darkness::
Zoro: *Pulls her tight* Nami.. i... i didn't know... i'm... sorry...
Zoro: *struggling to find words*
Nami: ...It's all right. Everything was set right when Arlong Park fell. It just....I still have nightmares about it...from time to time.
Zoro: No... Nami... it'll never be "set right"... Something like that should never have happened in the first place...
Zoro: *Just decides to shut up and hug nami tightly*
Nami: You're right...you're absolutely right. It never will go away....will it...::she closed her eyes, still clinging to him:: ...It changed everything for me. After that...well...I figured my body had already been made dirty...what did it matter what I did?
Zoro: Nami... I'm not going to try and fool myself into trying to think I understand what you're going through... But in time, maybe it will heal... And, Nami... trust me... YOU are NOT dirty... you never were...
Nami: ::She looked up at him, laughing slightly:: ..What do you know about me...I'd make boys think I fancied them...take them to bed...and then rob them blind.
Zoro: You were doing it for your village... You should never have had to... But you did.... I'm sorry... The people you tricked were criminals who deserved no better, and the people you helped needed it. There's no need to blame yourself for any of this.
Nami: ...That may be true to a point...but all the same...I've slept with many people and I never gave a damn about any of them. My first time was by force....It...makes it difficult...it's why I could never truly let myself be with sanji-kun..
Zoro: Nami... i know its tough for you... you shouldn't beat yourself up over this... but... i know its difficult for you... and i hope its going to heal... but you need to go at
your own pace... and not worry about what anyone else wants from you... *at this point, Zoro just hugs Nami tightly*
Nami: Yes...Yes, you're right...::sighing, she fell back onto the bed, her arms spread out, as she stared up at the ceiling.:: ....I'll be all right in time. It's just going to be difficult until then.
Zoro: *falls back beside her* You know I'm always here for you, right?
Nami: :::she turned to look at him...and then raised an eyebrow:: ...I know...But...Since when?
Zoro: I've always been here for you... you just never noticed...
Nami: ...I suppose you're right...although I never had any reason to before today.
Zoro: Nami... You know I'll always be there when you need me... no matter what...
Nami: I understand that now...I...hadn't realized it before tonight. But thank you....
Zoro: *Zoro leans in and tries to "steal" a kiss from nami*
Nami: ::Nami uncertainly presses her lips onto Zoro's::
Zoro: *Zoro, turning red in the face, presses Nami's body to his and just enjoys the moment*
Nami: ::Nami also blushes:: ...Zoro...
Zoro: yes?
Nami: ...I never really...You never...I just....::And then she realized:: ...Oh cripes...What about Sanji?
Zoro: *Sighs* You're right... I'm sorry... maybe this was a bad idea... we really should get some shut-eye... *Gets up and starts making the bed on the floor*... You gonna be ok?
Nami: ...I...I'll be all right...But I don't mind...you...That's the thing....
Zoro: Nami... if you love the cook... its ok... i shouldn't interfere...
Zoro: *starts to settle into the floor*
Nami: ::She sighed, looking at him:: I don't know if I love the cook. I don't know if I love anyone...because I've never had that emotion before, only pretended it...to get money.
Zoro: Nami... when you're ready, you'll realize... it's going to be hard... you've lead a hard life, and it may be some time before you do... but trust me, you eventually will love, and you will know it...
Zoro: *Zoro... looking a bit hurt... lies down and rolls over*
Nami: Zoro....::She slid down on the floor next to him....her arms wrapping about him from behind, spooning against:: ...Please...
Zoro: *He rolls over and returns the embrace* nami?
Nami: ...I...I just feel comfortable with you here...that's all...::She was blushing profusely::
Zoro: *chuckling* Are you sure you wouldn't be more comfortable on the bed?
Nami: ...It doesn't matter...the bed, the floor...I'm comfortable whereever you are.
Zoro: *gets up and picks Nami up, and lays her on the bed*
+Zoro: Tell you what, why not make sure your at least comfortable with a pillow and mattress
Zoro: *Lays down beside her
Nami: ::she giggled slightly, and then curled up close to him:: ...Thank you...
Zoro: Anytime.
Zoro: *Curls his arms around Nami*
Zoro: Anytime...
Nami: ::She lay there...feeling quite confused, but quite happy...and completely unable to sleep. Finally her lips brushed against Zoro's cheek:: ...Still awake?
Zoro: Of course...
Nami: ...What are we going to do when we get back...?
Zoro: I don't know... but let's worry about that when the time comes... ok?
Zoro: *Zoros lips seem to just naturally find Namis*
Nami: ::She returned the kiss, gripping him tighter, holding him closer to her::
Zoro: *He grips nami tightly and snuggles up closer*
Zoro: Let's.. just enjoy tonight, ok?
Nami: ...Enjoy....Tonight....::Nami nodded her head, taking in his words:: ...Have you ever...you know....slept with anyone, Zoro?
Zoro: Nami.. Before you... I've... *seems to be embarassed and is hard-pressed to find the words* never really looked at another woman since Kuina, let alone...
Nami: ...Oh...I see...You know, I could just tell by looking at you...
Zoro: is it... that obvious?
Nami: ...Maybe not to the untrained eye. But I know a virgin when I see one...::And she giggled ever so slightly::
Zoro: *turning red in the face* well, i'd never... y'know... met anyone who i ever.. y'know... genuinely... liked...
Nami: I see...It's...all right, it's not like I fault you for it. It still is a little surprising though...a handsome guy like you...
Zoro: Nami... i told you... i'm not exactly comfortable putting my feelings out there... and ever since Kuina... I've been afraid...
Nami: It's...all right...::another kiss pressed to his lips:: ..It's fine...
Zoro: No... its not... the first woman I ever loved... died... because of me... i'm not... sure I can take that chance again...
Zoro: *smiles weakly* but maybe I am... who knows?
Nami: ...Aw...hey now...::It was her turn to run her fingers through his hair:: ...You should know by now...it wasn't your fault...you were a child and you said something silly that you didn't mean...Besides....::she snuggled her face between his neck and shoulder:: ...You already promised that you wouldn't let anything happen to me.
Zoro: You're right... I guess...I'd die before I let that happen again...
Zoro: *hugs nami tightly*
Zoro: *Zoro closes his eyes and snuggles himself up against Nami as tightly as seemingly possible*
Nami: ::Nami falls asleep in his arms::
Zoro: *Zoro woke up to find his arm wrapped around Nami, who was snuggled tightly against him. Basking in the moment, Zoro just smiled*
Nami: ::Not too much longer later, Nami woke up...She was a bit surprised at first to see Zoro, but then she just gave him a smile:: ...Good morning...
Zoro: oi... you're up
Zoro: good morning
Nami: ...Was last night real...? Is this real right now?
Zoro: well, this... you.. me... feels like it was real...
Zoro: i'm not so sure about what else was, but we're here, aren't we?
Nami: ...Yes...That's true...
Zoro: well, what do you think... breakfast?
Zoro: nami... just to let you know... everything... with you and me last night... i meant it all...
Nami: ...I supppose so...breakfast would be good ::She looked up at his curiously....and then around at the room:: ...Yes..I know you did...and I'm....happy.
Zoro: anytime... *gets out of bed and opens the window*
Zoro: Its a beautiful day...
Zoro: but... nobody's outside...
Nami: ...Ne...::She lifted herself off the bed, and walked beside him:: ...Last night...was so strange...
Zoro: *looks down*
Zoro: we still have these masks...
Zoro: and my head is telling me the alcohol was real...
Nami: ...And this room is still here..
Nami: Before everything was in ruins.
Zoro: let's go ask the innkeeper...
Zoro: *goes to find his shirt and katana*
Nami: ::nodding, she makes her way to the door...hurrying down the stairs ahead of him:: Oi...anyone home? Oi!
Zoro: *Innkeeper rushes out of a side room*
Innkeeper: SHH!!! QUIET DOWN!
Zoro: Eh? but it's not early... i doubt anyone is still asleep
Innkeeper: What are you, stupid?
Zoro: Watch it, Ossan... what are you talking about
Innkeeper: Well, you came to the festival... so you obviously knew why we had it
Nami: To be honest, sir...we really don't...::she scratches the back of her head::...We're just..travelers...passing by...
Innkeeper: I can't believe it... Well, every year, we have the festival so if we die today with a little bit of happiness
Zoro: Then why not festival every night... you could die any day!
Nami: ...Or....::Nami spoke quietly:: ...You could already be dead
Innkeeper: Any day? True enough, but today more than any other... today THEY come...
Zoro: They?
Nami: ...They?
Innkeeper: Hordes of animals, intent on killing. One day a year, every year.
Innkeeper: They kill the men and take the women... a week later, we find the women dead, somewhere in the woods
Zoro: They're just animals... how hard can they be to stop?
Innkeeper: No... they're not... they fight with an endurance and strength beyond that of many of our finest warriors....
Nami: ...That's extremely disturbing...
Innkeeper: Once, our hunters followed them... all of them came back empty... except the ones who went northeast. they didn't come back at all. neither did the scouts we sent to look for them.
Zoro: Nami... this is crap... there's nobody out there and we need to get to the going merry
Nami: ...I feel bad for them...But I agree...there's not much we can do, and we still need to get sanji's begies and head on back...he's gonna be worried sick as will everyone else.
Zoro: *Nami and Zoro walk out into the abandoned street and begin to look around*
Nami: This is just completely and utterly errie...I'm a bit frightened...
Zoro: *screech*
Zoro: *roar*
Zoro: *a pack of animals come around the corner in front and behind zoro...*
Zoro: Nami... get inside... i'll take care of this...
Nami: ::Nami jumped, and quickly drew her bo staff, turning towards one of the packs:: No! I want to help you...
Zoro: Nami... I can deal with this... either they're weak enough for me to handle alone or they're too strong for you to handle...
Zoro: and... I... don't want to see you get hurt...
Nami: But just let me help you! ::She really didn't feel safe leaving his side...but she could see the desperate look in his eyes....and decided for the sake of peace, she would do as he said...unfortunately...on her way in, she triped over a tree root::
Zoro: *Noticing almost too late as he was attacking a bear, Zoro made a mad dash for Nami, trying to beat the Lion who was springing at her...*
Zoro: Shit... not fast enough...
Zoro: *Diving, Zoro landed on top of her and covered her protectively*
Zoro: Nami..
Zoro: *As the lion passed right through them*
Zoro: eh?
Nami: ::Nami saw the creature running at her, and screamed...only to find herself covered by Zoro...but after the strange moment passed, she looked up:: ...W-what?
Zoro: *Quite puzzled, Zoro begins to look around, as the animals begin to slowly become transparant and disappear*
Zoro: *Soon, the buildings and people followed suit, until they were in the middle of the patch of ruins they were in the day before*
Nami: .....
Zoro: *pulling himself off Nami, Zoro offers nami his hand, looking slightly embarassed*
Zoro: what... happened?
Nami: ...What....what was that? ::She took his hand...still looking around, confused and baffled by the entire situation::
Zoro: did...we... dream all that?
Nami: I....I suppose it could have been a dream...but if it was...I don't understand...
Nami: ...And...and if it was...::She began to blush::
Zoro: *looks down* I still have this scrape from the lion... and we're not in that room with the drums...
Nami: ...I think it happened...although I don't exactly understand why or how...
Zoro: it happened... but how is beyond me...
Nami: ...I....
Nami: ::And she looked up at him:: ...I'm glad it happened.
Zoro: *Hugging nami closely*
Zoro: so am i
Nami: ...although...I don't really know where we should go from here...
Zoro: you mean where we should go or where we should go?
Nami: Where should we go...::She said as she squeezed his hand::
Zoro: why don't we see where we go and take it as we come...i'll make sure we get there safely, and you can worry about when your ready to go
Nami: ::Nami smiles and nods...looping her arm with his and holding on to it tightly
Zoro: *Staying close to nami, Zoro starts walking them along*
Zoro: let's just make sure its a long road...
Nami: Yes...we'll pick up the plants Sanji wanted along the way...::She sighed...still not sure what she was going to do about him::
Zoro: Speaking of the cook... where does he fit in?
Nami: ....
Nami: ....I don't know.
Zoro: *softly*
Zoro: oi... nami...
Nami: <q> ...Yes, Zoro?
Zoro: i know this isn't going to be easy for you... choosing... but... whenever you decide... whatever you do decide... i won't hold it against you... and i'll still always be there for you...
Nami: ...I...I know you mean well by that Zoro...and I appreciate it...but in a way it just makes things even harder..
Zoro: i'm sorry...
Zoro: *forcing a smile* but anyways...its a beautiful day... what do you say we hop over to that clearing and polish off our lunchboxes...picnic style...
Nami: :She smiled weakly at him. He was stalling going back...for obvious reason...But she didn't mind at this point::
Nami: ...That sounds all right
Zoro: *wanders over to the clearing and sets up a little picnic site, before taking out the lunches*
Zoro: *Leaning back... and staring at the sky, Zoro reaches out and gives nami's hand a soft squeeze*
Zoro: Oi... nami...
Nami: ::She sets herself down next to him...before glancing over at him, holding his hand:: Hmmm?
Zoro: I used to think we were just like the clouds... floating wherever the currents took us... not a worry in the world... just going where we would, free from the hassles of the world around us...
Nami: ...And what about now....?
Zoro: now... the cloud i've been watching has hit a fork in the currents... it looks like it could go one way or another... one is as good as the other i suppose... but the cloud hasn't moved in a while...
Zoro: i hope it doesn't move until it finds which way will be best for it...
Zoro: i wonder if the current will force it one way, or if it'll just pick which way it wants and go that way...
Nami: Heh...I know what you're saying...::She smiled a bit...before just lying there and staring at the clouds. She didn't know hw much longer this was going to last...And it dawned on her...just what was she doing? Fiercely she rolled over on top of him and pressed her lips to his::
Zoro: *returning the kiss, Zoro pressed her close to him* Nami... *Zoro managed to get off before going back for another*
Zoro: *Breaking off the kiss, Zoro looks in Namis eyes*
Zoro: Nami...
Nami: Zoro-kun....? ::she smiled at him::
Zoro: i... just... don't want you to... regret this... are you sure?
Nami: What would I regret...?
Zoro: *Smiles and shakes head*
Zoro: Nevermind *and pulls nami in for another kiss*
Nami: ::She kisses him, arms about him, body on top of his own...just wanting to breathe him in:: ...Is this right?
Zoro: Nami... its only right if you're ready for it to be... i know you've been through a lot, and you might not be... i can wait... *smile* i'll always wait for you...
Nami: Because...I just like things as they are now...I...don't want to think about later
Zoro: *Zoro rolls into a spooning position with Nami*
Zoro: Nami... just worry about what you really want for once and let the rest sort itself out...
Zoro: but nami... i wouldn't trade right now for anything in the world...
Nami: Let's just hold on to now as long as we can...
Zoro: *Nuzzling Nami's cheek, Zoro worked himself in close*
Zoro: Nami...
Nami: Zoro...eh...?
Zoro: I wish right now could last forever... I...
Zoro: *gulp and deep breath*
Zoro: I just... wamted... say... um...
Nami: ....Yes?
Zoro: *sighs and mumbles something Nami thinks sounds like "Here goes nothing"*
Zoro: no matter what... Nami... I love you...
Nami: Zoro...I...::she wanted to tell him that she loved him too...but she was afraid that that might just go on to cause even more problems...so she decided not to, for the time being...But instead...she just watched him:: ...You're too wonderful for me.
Zoro: *Looking a bit hurt, Zoro gives her one last peck on the cheek, before abruptly standing up*
Zoro: *quite red in the face, Zoro asks "Don't we have some vegetable or something we need to get?"*
Nami: ...Yes...yes we do...but....Zoro? ...I...I'm sorry...What's wrong?
Zoro: *Before turning around, he tries his hardest to put on his best face*
Zoro: Oi
Zoro: what are you sorry about?
Zoro: *pulls nami in for a hug*
Zoro: *and hopes Nami doesn't notice the single tear that dropped onto her back*
Nami: ::Nami held on to him tightly for a moment...before pulling away...dreams had to end somewhere. And things were going to have to change...Zoro was now as serious as sanji and that was a danger to the crew...She was going to have to make a tough choice...by choosing neither:: ...Let's go home.