One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ Mugiwara High School ❯ Waking Up ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Class Clown
--
Makino can always tell when he woke up, and so could anyone else in the restaurant at the time. A loud yawn was on the beginning as booming ball of energy sound from above them, down the stairs, and down to grab a quick breakfast…which was about half the current stock.
“So, Luffy, excited for school?”
“Yeah! Not for classes, though. Too hard.”
“Well do your best in your classes, too. I'm sure you-know-who would be glad.”
In Makino's restaurant, behind the bar, is the pride and joy of the two. A movie poster for “Raftel Adventures”, one of the most popular movies ever made starring the world-famous movie star known simply as Shanks. Not only was the poster signed by him, but in a glass case under it was a straw hat, the same one Shanks wore in the movie. He gave it to them in thanks for letting him hide from stalking fans for a few months. During that time he also became good friends with the young Luffy.
“Makino! Can I wear the hat to school?”
“No, what if it got damaged?”
“Oh…but what about for football games or tailgating?”
“…maybe…”
“WOOHOO!”
With a quick jump and grab, Luffy grabbed the rest of this food and shoved it in his mouth as he seemingly bounced to school.
--
The Preppy Girl
--
“Nami! Breakfast!”
Still drowsy from staying up the night before, the red-haired girl slowly descended the stairs to the kitchen to find her older sister cooking some eggs.
“Bellemere already leave for work?”
“Just left. She barely has any time for anything now, juggling two jobs like that…you want yours hard or over easy?”
“Over easy.”
Nojiko smiled.
“I thought you liked it hard…”
“I dunno, the egg isn't rich or cute enough to be worth it.”
The sisters laughed as Nojiko finished cooking and prepared their meals.
“I finally got that job at the tattoo parlor.”
“Oh yay, Nojiko! I knew you can do it! I'll try to apply there once I gradu-”
“Nami, go to college.”
“But I can't afford it!”
“Bellemere and I will pay, that's why I got the job. We want you to get the best education you can get. You way smarter than either of us, you deserves what's best.”
Nojiko kissed her sister on the cheek and the two had breakfast without any other major events.
--
The Ladie's Man
--
Bright and early, the blonde boy sprang to his feet right when his alarm went off. His wall adorned with various posters of different models. Blonde, brunette, redhead, they were all there…and there were definitely lip prints on a few. Especially the redhaired ones.
“Another lovely school year and a lot of lovely ladies to meet me and cheer me on once the season starts. And maybe that special someone will be able to see how much I love her.”
After getting ready and walking out the door to smoke a cigarette, his mood turns more serious.
“But I still can't get why I have to go and wake the dumbass up.”
Sanji groaned as he walked towards Zoro's house.
--
The Football Star
--
“Dumbass, wake up.”
No movement, just snoring.
“Marimo, wake your GODDAMN ass up!”
Sanji took a few steps back, then charged forward and sent a kick right into the bottom of Zoro's bed. The bed tipped to its side and dropped the green-haired to the hard ground and a rude awakening.
“When I turn around, if I see a certain pervhound in this room, he's gonna be dead.”
“Big words.”
“Just like the ones you say when you're flirting with the cheerleaders during a game? Since you DON'T DO ANYTHING!”
“Watch it, Greenie, you won't be saying that once I kick the game-winning field goal against CPHS this year.”
“Heh, not if I score 6 touchdowns and we win by 30. You'll be useless as always.”
The argument continued well after they were supposed to leave for school.
--
The Techie Geek
--
“Hmm…oh…the sun's coming up already?”
Usopp's “lair” was busy all night the night before as he continued to tinker with various gadgets until he was greeting by sunlight and his mom's voice.
“Usopp, wake up!”
Of course, those words were unnecessary, but she didn't know that.
Usopp walked down to find his breakfast already prepared.
“Three months, mom!”
“Nice try, Usopp. I know he's not coming back until six months from now.”
“Dang, well…that time machine's nearing completion, so it'll just be a few days until Dad's back from service.”
His mom just laughed.
“Sure thing, son…”
--
The Young Prodigy
--
Today will be his first day at MHS and he is very excited. One reason is that he will be one of the youngest people there, skipping two grades. Another is the fact that he will be their first reindeer student ever. He spent 30 minutes looking at the mirror making sure everything was perfect. His button-up shirt was pressed, he had a nice tie on with some pressed black pants. The most important part was his gift from one of his two tutors, his pink hat with an `X' on it. He had to make sure it was perfect.
“I have to make a good impression.”
Chopper says to himself before walking out the door and trotting off to class.
--
The Quiet Girl
--
Like clockwork, the tall black-haired girl woke up right when her alarm went off and got prepared very quickly. No flashy clothes, no heavy makeup, just enough brushing to make sure her hair's straight enough. She grabbed a few books from her large bookshelf and her flute and stuffed them in her bookbag. Down the stairs, her mother was waitng.
“Mom! I didn't know you were here? I thought you still doing field research.”
“I'm just back for today, I just had to see how you were doing…Saul asleep?”
“Yeah, I usually get up well before him anyways. What with his night job and all. Albiet the time he's awake he's fun to be around.”
Olvia smiled a bit before handing her daughter a book.
“This is a collection of what all we've found so far. This is supposed to be classified, so I'd suggest keeping a tight lid around it. Now go have fun on your first day.”
Robin was beaming as she took the book, gave her mom a huge hug and a big kiss on the cheek and more or less skipped all the way out the door.
“Make some friends this year, Robin!”
--
The Car Junkie
--
*BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ*
“rrrrnnnn…”
*BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ BU--SMASH*
The first thing Franky did when he woke was press the snooze button on his alarm clock a bit too hard.
“…shit…”
As he made a half-hearted attempt to clean up the mess of gears now lying on his table, Franky realized the state of his long blue hair. All down all over his head like a miniature Cousin It.
“I couldn't have partying THAT hard last night…shit, my head…”
Slowly the hungover boy (still with a few gears embedded in his hand) stumbled to his fridge and grabbed the most important part of the morning: three bottles of cola. He gulped them down like they were air and felt the blood pump like never before.
“SUPER!!”
Hair slicked up and with an extra bottle of gel in his pocket, he jumped up and ran to school.
--