One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ Sitting on the Waves ❯ Don't Ever Make a Navigator Cry ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
ONE PIECE
SITTING ON THE WAVES

CHAPTER 10
BY
Sgamer82


     Sanj i was able to make short work of the large men sent against him. When the first ran to attack him, Sanji did a back-flip, sending his foot right into his foe’s jaw. As the man fell to the ground some of his cronies leaped into the fray. Sanji remained on his hands and spun himself in place, sending them all flying with a helicopter kick. He then pushed himself upwards into the air, flying over the head of an attacker who had hoped to catch Sanji off-guard. Sanji sent a side kick to the back of his head, sending the large man to the ground with a heavy thud. Finally, he landed on his left leg and used his right to send a roundhouse kick into the jaw of the last of his enemies. Sanji took a drag off his cigarette as his last foe lost consciousness.

     “Well,” said the leader of the group. A slender looking young man, “it’s a rather lucky thing these were just hired grunts. No big loss, really.” he then laughed, “I’m serious. The Boss won’t even lose any money off this. Not a one of them was bright enough to ask for payment in advance.”

     “Does any of that even matter?” Sanji asked angrily, “You’re standing between me and a rescue of the lovely girl. I hope you don’t mind if I want to finish this quick.”

     “Not at all, Cookie.” the man answered. Sanji felt a vein pop in his forehead at being called “Cookie.” This guy was seriously pissing him off.

     “You do realize, of course, you won’t be leaving here without going through me.”

     “I have no problem with that.” Sanji replied.

     “Good, but will you please excuse me while I slip into something more comfortable?”

     He didn’t wait for Sanji’s answer as he began unbuttoning his black shirt. What Sanji saw underneath was bandages wrapped around his torso. Not uncommon for some martial artists. He began tugging at the bandages and undoing them. Under the wrappings were something, or, rather, two somethings that caught Sanji’s attention at once.

     “There,” he, or rather, she said as she buttoned her shirt back up, “much better.”

     She assumed a fighting pose and looked right at Sanji.

     “Shall we begin, then.”

     Sanji could only think to himself, Oh hell…
* * * * *

     Nami was playing hide and seek with some of the other kids when she suddenly saw a little black marble come in through the window. She crawled out of her hiding place under a table, heedless of the fact that she could be tagged ‘it’ at any moment, to examine the object. She was reaching her hand out when suddenly it began shooting out a lot of smoke.

     Nami started coughing badly as she suddenly heard cries of alarm and surprise throughout the nursery. She heard Leda call out to the kids to go outside to the front yard. Nami was seen and picked up to her feet by a bigger kid and helped outside through all the smoke.

     “Eew! It’s all sticky out here!” someone cried.

     Indeed it was. As Nami ran outside she suddenly felt something very sticky on her feet. It was hard to walk. Soon, she found it impossible. She was unable to move her feet.

     As the smoke began to clear, Nami saw the ground in front of the orphanage was covered in some strange green stuff, and it was definitely not grass. It had been sticky and gooey at first, but was now solid as a rock. Leda, Nami, and every child of the Chibi no Mi had their feet all trapped inside, rendering them unable to move.

     Nami suddenly heard a laughing that scared her a little. It sounded mean. Out of the reach of the strange green substance, a man was standing. He was clothed mostly in animal skins, much like you’d expect from some primitive hunter. He even wore a headdress with some kind of animal’s horns on it. The only thing that probably killed the image was the gun holstered at his hip.

     “Huncaza!” Leda suddenly yelled out, sounding angry, “What are you doing?!”

     “Making money.” he replied simply, “Monkey D. Luffy should be arriving any moment, if everything went as planned. I need to make sure everything’s ready for him.”

     “Hostages.” Leda said, not a question, but a statement.

     “More or less.”

     Nami was really scared now. She didn’t completely know what was going on. But she did know what a ‘hostage’ was. She saw a lot of the children, even the bigger kids, were just as frightened as she was.

     “Nami!” a man’s voice suddenly called out.

     A lanky man wearing a straw hat was suddenly at south end of the path. He looked out of breath, like he had been running non-stop for some time. Huncaza just laughed again.

     “Welcome, Captain Monkey.” he said as he walked, as if it were a casual stroll, on the now hard as a rock green stuff and into the middle of the group of trapped children, “it’s good to finally meet you face to face.”

     “Who’re you?! Where’s Nami?!”

     Huncaza walked over to Nami, stood behind her, and placed a somewhat fat hand on her shoulder.

     “Your little navigator’s right here. If you don’t want anything happening to her, it might be in your best interest to surrender peacefully.”

     Luffy wasn’t listening to Huncaza anymore. As soon as he saw Nami his attention focused on her. He saw her, a five year old girl, who was scared to the point tears of this situation she didn’t understand. What was happening? How did these people know her name? Who was this straw hat guy? Nami and Luffy locked eyes for a moment. In that instant, she couldn’t explain why, but she knew she could trust him to rescue her.

     “Mr.Straw Hat guy!” Nami cried out, “Help me!”

     Huncaza never saw the stretched-out punch coming…