One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ Sitting on the Waves ❯ Battle's End ( Chapter 15 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
ONE PIECE
SITTING ON THE WAVES

CHAPTER 15
BY
Sgamer82


     This wasn’t how things were supposed to go at all. Huncaza had expected the brats to be wetting themselves in fear, not aiding the person he was trying to capture. He had attempted to attack Luffy several more times, only to be stopped by Luffy and the children, who either grabbed or tripped Huncaza or helped Luffy stretch his body for his attacks. Huncaza had to figure something out and fast. He saw his opportunity nearby.

     Immediately he got up and ran to Nami. Luffy stopped in his tracks when Huncaza stood behind her and held one of the animal fangs on his knuckles to her throat. Nami began to shake as she held on to Luffy’s straw hat tighter.

     “Lookie, Captain Monkey!” Huncaza said, “I’ve got you little friend at my mercy!”

     Luffy cocked back his fist.

     “I wouldn’t do that, Captain.” Huncaza warned, “No matter how fast you move, I can slit this girl’s little throat before you get anywhere near me.”

     Nami’s body seemed to go limp at Huncaza’s threat. Her hands fell from Luffy’s hat to her sides. She was breathing heavy. She was clearly scared. But seeing what Luffy and all the other kids had done made her do something reckless. She clutched her hands into fists and, without warning, swung her head backwards to try and head butt Huncaza.

     This wouldn’t have really done much, if it weren’t for the minor fact that Nami’s head was currently at about the same height as Huncaza’s groin.

     He howled in pain and staggered backwards. He heard Luffy call something, but didn’t catch it. He also didn’t see Luffy ran at Huncaza as two children, a boy and girl, held their hands out in front of Luffy palms up. Luffy stepped on the kids’ hands and they pushed up as hard as they could, giving Luffy a bit more height when he pushed off and jumped.

     Luffy got just high enough that he was able to land right behind the incapacitated Huncaza. He faced Huncaza and grabbed the man’s shoulders. He next spun his rubber body, twisting it as much as he could. When he reached his limit, he used his feet to clamp onto Huncaza’s sides.

     “I told you we’d beat you before you!” Luffy boasted, “Gomu-Gomu…!!!”

     Lu ffy let go of his opponent’s shoulders, causing his body to start spinning in an attempt to regain its normal form. Luffy kept his hands open so that as his body untwisted, he slapped Huncaza in the back several dozen times.

     “…Bowgun!!!” ;

     When Luffy’s body fully un-tangled itself he released his feet from Huncaza. The force of Luffy’s attacks sent Huncaza flying into the air.

     “We win!” Luffy yelled as Huncaza flew into the sky.

     “We win!” Nami yelled, mimicking Luffy.

     A few seconds later Huncaza came plummeting to the ground. He was more or less out. He still seemed to be conscious but it didn’t look like he’d be moving soon.

     “So…” Luffy said as he bent down over his fallen adversary. “What should we do with him?”

     “I dunno.” Nami said. Luffy and Huncaza were behind her so she had to turn around in place as best she could to look at them.

     “I will handle that.” a girl called out.

     Luffy and Nami looked to their right and saw a young teenage girl, no more than fifteen, was the one who addressed them. She walked over to them, holding onto a dress that seemed a couple sizes too big for her.

     “Who’re you?” Luffy asked.

     “I am Leda.” she replied.

     “Miss Leda?” Nami asked in astonishment. No way was this girl the nice lady who had taken care of her today.

     “No way.” Luffy said, “She’s an older lady.”

     “I can change my age.” Leda explained.

     “Oh yeah?” Luffy asked, “That’s great. You know anyone else who can do that? We think that they made my friend into a kid.”

     He couldn’t be serious… Leda thought. No matter, though. She had other business to attend to.

     When Huncaza’s vision was able to refocus he saw a girl who looked very familiar standing over him with her hand extended. Half-conscious, it took him a second to realize who it was and what she was doing. If he was right he couldn’t let her do what she wanted. In a panic, he struck his fist upwards, right into the girl’s gut. The fangs on Huncaza’s knuckles dig into her, but she didn’t let it stop her.

     Nami cried out and Luffy was about ready to step in and hold him down. He had no problem if this Leda girl wanted to beat the guy up a bit. But Leda continued what she was doing, regardless of the injury to her stomach. She held out her hand, and placed it on Huncaza’s forehead.

     “No…” Huncaza said weakly.

     “Yes.” Leda responded. She winced a bit in pain from her injury, but soon after called out.

     “Era-Era Infantia!!!”
* * * * *

     When Zoro, Sanji, & Usopp arrived at the Chibi no Mi, they didn’t believe what they saw.