One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ Sitting on the Waves ❯ The More Things Change... ( Chapter 19 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
ONE PIECE
SITTING ON THE WAVES

CHAPTER 19
BY
Sgamer82


     R 20;Geez, Chopper!” Nami complained as Chopper applied the stethoscope. She hated those things. Chopper let her go as he wrote down on a clipboard he had. Now that she was back to normal, Chopper wanted to get correct information on Nami for his records. What was left unsaid was that it was also to make sure Nami was back to normal.

     It had been about a day or so since Leda had restored Nami. Nami still couldn’t believe what had happened to her. Her memory had been a little fuzzy at first. But soon she remembered everything that had happened over the past couple of days. She had to admit, as glad as she was that it was all over, being a kid again for a while hadn’t been so bad. She could see why people would seek out Leda’s powers.

     However, Nami had no desire to live her life over again. She was out in the world, chasing her dream, something she couldn’t do if she weren’t an adult. She tried not to hold anything against Leda. She had only done what she thought was right. Though Nami couldn’t help being a little ticked off at the woman. She had very nearly been lost because of Leda. As a result, she preferred to stay on the ship instead of going to town, which would mean passing the Chibi no Mi. She didn’t want to risk getting herself worked up in the event she saw Leda.

     She supposed she would end up going into town sooner or later. They still had a couple of weeks to go before the Log Pose would allow them to leave. Nami knew she wouldn’t be able to avoid leaving the boat at all in that time. She didn’t feel like it just yet though.

     However, Nami was starting to get restless. She had checked her maps and put her room back in order. Replacing the things Robin had hidden away while she was a kid. She had tended her tangerines and even gone for a brief swim and done Chopper’s physical. But for some reason, she still felt like doing something.

     Nami looked around the ship to see what the others were doing. Zoro, Robin, and Sanji were gone. Apparently they wanted to find out what had happened to the other members of Huncaza’s crew. They had seen some boats with Zoro’s sniper and a few others leaving the harbor. But some of the crew were missing, and Sanji and Robin had both confirmed that neither of them had killed their opponents.

     Leda hadn’t told them anything about the others, so they would be quite surprised when they arrived at the Chibi no Mi Nursery and found some new, familiar looking children in Leda’s care.

     That left just her, Chopper, Usopp, and Luffy on board the Merry. Chopper was going over his clipboard while Usopp seemed to be trying to explain something to Luffy. Suddenly Nami had an idea for something to do. It was kind of childish, even silly.

     “Aw… what the heck.” Nami said to herself as she walked over to where Usopp and Luffy were sitting and talking.

     “Now, Luffy,” Usopp explained for the third time, “What you’re supposed to do when someone pulls your finger, is-”

     He didn’t get to finish his sentence because Nami had suddenly come up behind Luffy and slapped him in the back of the head. When Luffy looked up to Nami who simply smiled.

     “Tag. You’re it.”

     With that she suddenly ran off towards her tangerine trees. Luffy laughed out loud and immediately got up to give chase, Usopp and soon Chopper right behind.
THE END
AUTHORS’ NOTES:
I hope you all enjoyed the story.

Now that it’s complete, I thought I’d add in something to top it off with.

If anybody was wondering about the title, “Sitting on the Waves,” I first want to point out that, I like wordplay, but I don’t like it obvious. This is a prime example of that.

For any who may not be aware, the Japanese word for “Waves” is “Nami.” That in mind, the title could be “Sitting on the Nami.” The joke is that, with the plot of the story being Nami becoming a kid, you could also read it as “Nami-sitting.”