One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet love ❯ Sweet love......... ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sweet love.

Heat made people do the strangest things, so did hunger and that's why they were walking around in the middle of the freaking jungle.

One of Luffy's worst nightmares had just recently come true, they had run out of meat!!!

He had been totally devastated, and because that the thought of a whining captain had been more then a little embarrassing and pathetic they had agreed to stop on the next island to haunt.

But then things had gone wrong.

-----------------------

Sanji was fuming he had once again gotten into a nasty verbal fight with Zoro, they were both equally much to blame for it, but this time the swordsman had crossed the line and said some particular gruesome things to the chef that made him storm of in rage.

He regretted that deeply, since he was now lost in a jungle on a fairly big island on the Grandline, the only place in the world where absolutely everything could happen.

The blonde sighed as he sat down on a rock that stood nearby, he hated admitting it, even to himself, but he was exhausted, he had been walking for hours without end, and now without his rage blinding him, he began mentally kicking himself for running away like that.

Sanji couldn't believe that Zoro had actually said those things to him, sure they fought a lot but he had never believed that the swordsman hated him, like he had also said he did.

But what most of all had the cook on the edge was the point that Zoro's words had left him with a feeling of emptiness inside.

Something that he really hated feeling.

Sighing again Sanji slowly got up to scan the area, not that it would actually help, he was and was probably going to stay lost for quite some time.

Hopefully the others had gone searching for him.

While kicking the rock besides him to dust, Sanji decided that this was all the cabbage-heads fault, he knew he was being unfair but then again, who cared?

--------------------

"This is all your fault, you idiot, you just had to say those things to him didn't you? Why couldn't you just keep your big, fat mouth shut?" Nami shouted at the swordsman by her side.

"It's not my fault that he ran away like some spoiled little child that doesn't get what it want" Zoro shouted back to her " besides I was only telling the truth" he added in a calmer tone.

"You really mean that?, do you really hate him?" Vivi asked in a slight voice.

Zoro hesitated, he didn't really hate Sanji, actually he held a deep respect for the combat trained chef, the words had slipped his mouth in the heat of battle, and he regretted them now…

Not that he would ever admit that, he had his pride to think about, so he just said: "yeah………"

Silence followed that statement.

----------------------------

Sanji stopped dead in his tracks, did he just hear the most beautiful voice in the world followed closely by a quite annoying voice that oddly enough always left him breathless.

Nami and Zoro.

Walking towards the place where the voices had come from, Sanji had no idea that he was wandering right into the arms of danger.

-----------------------------

"God you such an egocentric bastard" Nami began yelling again.

"Me, egocentric? Look who is talking, `miss I'm better then everybody else!'"

"Why do I have the feeling that they are not fighting about what Zoro said to Sanji anymore?" Usopp asked, while Nami and Zoro kept on screaming at each other.

None of them were aware of the fact that they were being watched.

-----------------------------

It was no problem for Sanji to follow his teammates voices they were yelling so loud that they could have awoken the dead!

As he got closer he could make some of the words that were yelled out.

`I wonder what they're fighting about, I'll bet everything on that it's not me!' Sanji stopped in his tracks `what if they don't even care, that I'm gone' Sanji shook his head to clear it from depressing thoughts and then started walking again, but no matter how hard he tried the thought wouldn't go away, it kept haunting him.

------------------------------

Meanwhile a young man was watching the rest of the crew of `The Going Merry'

`soon enough I will have my revenge, soon you will pay for what you did to me, Rorona Zoro'

His lips then curled up into a wicked smirk

------------------------------

As soon as his crewmates came into view he had to stop, the anger from before was flaring again as he saw the swordsman.

Suddenly a flash of light caught Sanjis attention and what he saw made him feel all cold inside, there was a man, probably in his twenties, with a hood protecting his face from other peoples curious eyes, hiding behind a broad tree, his sword drawn and his gaze set intently on Zoro, who had his back turned, as had the other so there was no one there to warn him.

The man was ready to jump forward and make his move.

Without thinking Sanji began running towards his friends forgetting everything about the depressing thoughts he had earlier.

Just as the man slashed with his sword Sanji pushed Zoro away both of them falling to the ground.

Pain exploded in the chefs side, right before he touched the ground.

Then there was silence for a moment before gasps of surprise and shock came from above them.

Sanji had his eyes closed and didn't open them , even as he felt somebody lean over him and press a hand to is side.

Not a sound came from him even though the touch made him hurt like hell.

"Sanji!………Sanji open your eyes" The voice sounded like Zoros.

Even though the cook really didn't want to, he complied.

Yep he had been right, the voice did belong to the swordsman, and surprisingly enough he looked rather worried.

`wait a minute Zoro worried, nah that can't be, not if it was the same Zoro that had told me that he hated, among other really hurtful things, me just a few hours ago'

--------------------------------------

"You idiot" Zoro breathed, yet he didn't sound mad, the words was whispered gently into the chefs ear.

The swordsman looked at Vivi, Nami and Chopper who had just taken a place besides him, then he said "Take care of him" now he did sound angry.

Zoro got up from the blondes side and looked at his hands, they were red with blood, Sanjis blood, just looking at it made his temper flare.

And Zoro wasn't the only one angry.

Luffy was ready to take the stranger down, Zoro wasn't about to let him.

"Luffy wait, this on is mine!" the swordsman said while drawing his 3 trusty swords.

"Bah………you're mean" The captain whined, but drew back, and turned to check up on his friend and ships cook.

Once Zoro was in a fighting position he waited for the other to get ready.

"So you're not even interested in who I am, huh?" the mysterious stranger drawled.

"Not really………no!" Zoro said with barely contained rage.

"Well you should be, since you know me" the man said while he pulled of his hood.

Zoros eyes widened slightly, but he quickly narrowed them again then he spoke up "Pacer. I though you were dead, not that it matters after this you will be. You made a big mistake in trying to attack me and you made an even bigger mistake in not stopping it when you saw it wouldn't hit me!"

"Why should I stop it………I really didn't think you would care………but of course if I had known I wouldn't even have tried to attack you, I would have chosen one of them instead!" Pacer said pointing towards Zoros friends.

"I want you to feel the same pain I did, I want you to-"

"go into fighting position NOW!! Or else………" Zoro snapped, interrupting Pacer in his story.

Pacer scowled but went into fighting position.

The fight began………and ended.

Zoro growled and sheathed his swords "God he is even weaker then the last time!" he mumbled with disgust.

The he turned around and ran back to the place where Sanji lay.

"we need to get him back to the ship" Chopper said in a almost whisper.

Sanji opened his eyes weakly and tried to get up, but fell back to the ground with a thump when a hand pushed him down again.

"Don't move" Vivi said gently.

The cook let his head fall back in frustration.

Zoro kneeled in front of him and scooped the chef gently up into his arms.

------------------------------------

As soon as Sanji was lifted up the ground he whimpered in pain, the first sign of his pain, that they all knew was there.

The chef protested halfheartedly against being carried. He knew exactly that he was to weak to walk and truth be told it felt oddly comforting to be in the swordsman's arms, he felt safe, `damn him' Sanji thought before everything went black.

--------------------------------------

Zoro looked at the young man in his arms, as he, the rest of the crew and their captain hurried through the jungle to their ship, and sighed, what the hell had possessed the chef to do such a thing, all they ever did was fight and hold bets that no one ever won, why had he saved him?

The swordsman was not only confused he was also worried out of his mind which was something very new to him.

`Why the hell am I so worried about him? He is just a dumb blonde, I shouldn't care!` Zoros eyes locked on Sanjis face and his eyes softened without him even noticing it //No he not just a dumb blonde and yes you should care and luckily you do \\ a voice inside the swordsman's head argued.

Yes he did care, too much.

--------------------------------------

Finally they arrived on the ship.

And all Zoro and the most of his friends could do was to wait. Wait for Chopper to finish what ever he was doing. Wait for the news, was Sanji going to be alright………or not………

Every minute seemed like an hour to the strawhat pirates, especially the green-haired swordsman, who was worried out of his mind.

Finally Chopper came. All looked at him expectedly. And all listened carefully when he spoke.

Sanji was going to be alright.

------------------------------- ------

It had been 5 days since the incident in the jungle and everything was slowly going back to normal.

The days was once again in routine, or as much routine you can have when Luffy was your captain.

Usopp was beginning to complain over that he had to cook. Nami was back to drawing seacards. Sanji was healing, and eager to get out of bed.

--------------------------------------

It was night. Everybody was asleep, save for 2, a cook and a swordsman.

Who accidentally bumped into each other in the hall.

"Watch were you're going, dumbass!!" not very surprisingly, the chefs voice held a lot of anger.

No retort was given, surprisingly!

Sanji glared at Zoro before he started walking, and disappeared into the kitchen.

Leaving the swordsman standing alone in the dark hall.

--------------------------------------

Sanji looked up just in time to see Zoro walk into the room and take a seat on the other side of the table, none of the two said a word.

The silence the room was deafening.

"Do you really hate me?" the question startled the swordsman.

There was a beat of silence.

Zoro didn't answer.

Sanji looked at him for a little while, then adverted his eyes, by moving his head, from the other mans causing a few bangs of hair to fall out of place.

Zoro watched entranced as the chefs hand instantly and instinctually came up to push them into place again.

Without thinking the swordsman reached over the table and beat the cook to it.

He gently put the strands back in place, his hand ever so slightly brushing Sanjis cheek.

Sanjis blush didn't go unnoticed by the taller man.

Zoro removed his hand only to get up, walking to the other side of the table where he crouched in front of the chair of the other.

Lifting his hand he placed it against Sanjis cheek once again and began tracing his handsome features, feeling the heat rise beneath his fingers, he gently but firmly gripped the cooks chin, forcing the chef to look at him.

Sanji couldn't believe what the swordsman was doing, and he couldn't believe how incredibly good it felt to be touched by him, just like that. But he liked girls right?

After thinking it through quickly he came to the conclusion that he did like girls, very much, but somehow he seemed to like Zoro too. Could life get anymore confusing?

"Why are you doing this to me?" Sanji whispered more to himself then to the swordsman.

"Doing what?" Zoro asked, also whispering.

"EVERYTHING! First you say that you hate me then you do this, you're confusing me like hell!" came the answer in a raised voice.

"I don't see you complaining about me doing this, if you didn't like it you would have kicked me away long ago! Or isn't that so?"

Sanji glared at him and was just about to say a nasty retort when Zoros hand placed itself over his mouth.

Zoro was not about to have a fight, not now, he had other things that he would rather be doing with the handsome chef.

With his free hand the swordsman grabbed a handful of Sanjis dress-shirt and pulled him down to the floor with him.

Zoro replaced his hand with his lips before Sanji had the chance to say anything.

Their first kiss was more then a little awkward at first, but then after a moment as things became more deliberate and………passionate the awkwardness disappeared.

They pulled back hesitantly for air, and for the longest time they just looked each other in the eyes.

Sanji broke the contact by slumping into the others arms, he wasn't feeling all that good yet.

The swordsman just smiled slightly and held him against his chest.

There was a nice comfortable silence until:

"No, I don't hate you, I never could…………"

And that was all Sanji needed to know for now…………more words would come later, right now he just needed to be held.

"It feels good holding you like this………" Zoros voice said.

"Don't get used to it………I'm not going to be held like some girl everyday, this is a one time deal OK?" then he realized what he had just said and quickly added "You are gonna have to fight with me for dominance every single day!"

"I'll keep that in mind" a smile followed that statement.

The silence that followed wasn't uncomfortable, nor awkward.

"why did you do it………save me I mean, take the blow for me?" the swordsman suddenly asked.

"why not!?!" was all the answer he got.

"………You're crazy you know that" Zoro stated.

A low chuckle said everything there was to say.

Then they just sat there for a while, allowing themselves to be vulnerable for a little while. At least until the sun rose again, the others would wake and a new day would begin………