One Piece Fan Fiction ❯ The Infamous MAR Pirates of the Grand Line ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

MAR Pirates
 
Disclaimer: I do not own MAR or any of its characters nor do I own the idea of a Grand Line and any of these ideas from the show One Piece. This is mainly written for fun. Please, people, do not take this the wrong way.
 
Our story takes place in a vast sea called the Grand Line. Here, great pirates from all over the globe dwelled. Many came here for one purpose, and that was to find the great treasure One Piece and become the pirate king.
 
Our central characters are quite an interesting group. They are the great pirates of the Grand Line. It was a group of 9 called the MAR Pirates. The members of this crew were as follows:
 
The captain was a very active young boy with big dreams. He planned to be the pirate king as his late father had originally set out to do. With his shiny golden spiked hair with a ponytail at the back and a blue sleeveless top, he was the most agile and easy-to-get-in-a-conflict-with man in the Grand Line. With his wide childish grin and black wristbands, he was Ginta, the boy who was destined to be the Pirate King!
 
Ginta's weapon was remarkably the second member. He was a metal hammer with a chain on the end of him. Attached to the end of that chain was a metal ball. This was the member's head. He had a long, cylindrical nose and a bushy mustache that had very sharp points. He was rather egotistical and often considered himself a gentleman. He was known as Babbo the Kendama! (You should know what a Kendama is)
 
The third crew member was a mysterious guy. He was a very powerful fighter who almost matched up to his captain. He had spiked blue hair and a white and blue outfit. He also had two red scars under his left eye and a strange tattoo on his arms. There were times when he seemed serious, but he was also rather calm during a lot of serious situations and that could very well be his downfall one day. He was the third crewmember, Ginta's first mate, Alviss. He had an annoying fairy with him all the time named Belle. I will not describe her because I personally hate her. She's worse than Navi from the Zelda series!
 
The forth member was a cute girl who was only 14 years of age like Ginta. She resembled one of Ginta's old childhood friends, but that will covered up later. She had beautiful short blue hair with a pink ribbon on the top. She also had a red collar attached to a beautiful pink sweater. With her happy-go-lucky yet often serious attitude towards life and a liking to her captain, she was Princess Snow of White Kingdom.
 
The fifth member was a very interesting, yet physically unattractive underdog. Whenever one looked at him, one would think of a monkey because that's what he resembled. He was also rather energetic like Ginta, and he had a dream to one day grow a beanstalk that he and Ginta would climb together up to the island in the sky. He was the weakest member of the crew, but he had progressed rather nicely over the past and was actually a very useful member at this point. His job was to plant vegetables for the crew, yummy ones at that. With his poor lifestyle and comic relief position on life, he was Jack the gardener.
 
The sixth member was a traveling thief who had stopped stealing when he joined the MAR crew. For years, he had worked in a famous ocean-going shop where people could buy whatever supplies they wanted. He had rich blond hair that ran down to his hips and covered his eyes and he had a dazzling smile. He was a big hit with the ladies, which he loved and fought with honor, and he was one of the most peculiar members of the group seeing as he was a very powerful fighter regardless of his womanizing. Still, he wasn't a pervert like Jack was, so he was acceptable. His name was Nanashi.
 
The seventh member came from Snow's kingdom. He was her guardian until she one day got lost on a trip to East Blue. Unlike the other members, he wasn't human nor was he very brave. He was also over-protective of his princess and smothered her every second, telling her what to do and how to live. Oftentimes, he could never get her to listen. Anyway, this man's name was Ed. He was part human, part dog, and the reason will be revealed in some time. He wore a blue nightcap all the time and blue shorts. He also wore very round glasses that covered his eyes and always made him look like he was scared of something. Of course, this Ed is a lot more useful than the Ed from Marchen Awakens Romance. He just hardly ever did anything. Well, he did cook because he wanted Snow to be properly nourished.
 
The final crew member was a very interesting woman. You could say she was a witch of sorts. She wore a black witch outfit and long black boots. She also had pink hair with 2 braids and a bandana. She also had a black amulet on the front of her outfit and many rings on her fingers. The rings were used to summon the Gods themselves, but let us not get carried away. Nanashi was obsessed with her because of her divine beauty and Jack had a thing for her too. Her name was Dorothy and she was one of the most powerful members of the MAR crew.
 
Now that I've introduced our characters, let's get on with the story.
 
It was an average day. Ginta had woken up feeling rather tired. He made his way slowly onto the main deck and asked, “Is breakfast ready?”
 
As usual, Edward had whipped up some bacon and eggs. He smiled and called, “Come and get it, but don't eat it all! Snow isn't up yet!”
 
Ginta enjoyed a nice plate and a small glass of Pupura Juice. (MAR version of beer) He then walked up to the side of his ship and looked off into the distant sea. He was always looking forward to the new day.
 
Just then, a voice belonging to a woman shouted, “HI, GINTA-CHAN!”
 
He then screamed in fright as Dorothy ran up to him and started showering him with kisses. He blushed, but he never really felt a deep attraction towards Dorothy. He already had a load on his back trying to decide between Snow and his childhood friend, Koyuki, who looked just like the princess, on who would be his soul mate.
 
Then, Snow woke up rubbing her eyes and noticed Dorothy showering her captain in a seemingly-endless supply of kisses. She frowned and decided not to release her anger. Boy, that Dorothy really pissed her off so much.
 
Nanashi then showed up and asked, “Why, good morning, Dorothy-Chan! Why are you kissing Ginta when you've got a perfect male specimen right here?”
 
Dorothy simply stopped what she was doing and walked away from the area. She found it annoying how Nanashi always flirted with her at inappropriate times, and every time was an inappropriate time.
 
Meanwhile, Jack and Babbo showed up and said, “The new vegetables are ready! We can eat those with our breakfast!”
 
This was great news because, before Ed had come along, those vegetables were the only decent food they had. His vegetables were very delicious and, the best feature was that all of his crops grew overnight, so there was never a long wait.
 
Babbo chuckled at the success of his top gardener and said, “This is to be expected from my second servant!”
 
Oh, did I mention that Babbo treated Jack and Ginta like his servants? Truthfully, he wanted to be the captain. As he changed his topic to call Ginta his first servant, Ginta started to beat the living daylights out of him. Babbo may have been a good friend of Ginta's, but he was not the kind of guy who followed a big crowd.
 
Alviss just watched these daily antics and smiled, chuckling under his breath. It was never a dull moment from the MAR crew. Of course, Belle would always make a huge uproar whenever Alviss smiled at something that was not meant to be taken lightly, and she did just that when Alviss was smiling at the antics of his crewmembers.
 
Yep, this was the typical day of the MAR pirates.
 
Next chapter: The beginning! The story behind Ginta and his dream begins as we start the real story leading up to the formation of this crew!