Original Stories Fan Fiction / Fables/Fairytales Fan Fiction ❯ The Elementalists ❯ Fifteen - Training and Fluff ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

WARNING! There is homosexual fluff in the first 17 paragraphs. Yes, I counted. Don't like it, skip those first 20 paragraphs or so. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
 
 
Captain Skyler hastily made his way out of the conference room and down the halls. The ministry captains and the King had just finished discussing their next plan to get an idea of what this Rika looked like and what to do if she could shape shift.
 
`I know I have met this girl before,' thought the Captain, as he ransacked his brains for memories. `But I cannot recall her true form. She was always changing to keep herself from getting caught. This will be harder than we think…' He sighed, unlocking the door to his office and throwing his coat on the rack. Skyler sat down in the chair behind his desk, rubbing his temples and trying to think of what to do.
 
“Your office doesn't seem to have changed very much, eh, Captain?” cooed a slightly amused voice. The captain smirked, sitting up straight in his chair.
 
“I wasn't expecting you, Ilias,” he said bleakly, leaning forwards to rest his chin in his palm. “What are you doing here, anyway?”
“I just came to see how you were doing,” Ilias replied, walking out of the shadows near the tall, glass windows and stopping just behind the captain's chair. He began running his fingers through the smooth, softness of the captain's long blond hair. Skyler sighed, flipping his hair over the chair and leaning back to allow Ilias more access. He opened his emerald eyes slowly, smirking at Ilias. “What ever are you smirking at, dear Captain?”
 
“I haven't seen you in so long,” he murmured, pulling Ilias closer and resting his lips upon his neck. “With all this war-talk and such…” he whispered. Ilias pulled back to look Skyler in the eyes.
 
“War-talk?” he repeated, puzzled. “There will be another war?”
 
Skyler sighed, sitting back up and running a hand through his hair. “Yes, I'm afraid so,” he answered. “When the Elementalists go up against Rika, her minions will be fighting against all that oppose her as well. We need to get some troops together; sorcerers, elves, element benders, fairies, unicorns, dragons, who and whatever will be willing to help us.”
 
“I see…” Ilias exhaled deeply, wrapping his arms around Skyler. “So, what is this new strategy of yours I've heard of?”
 
“You heard already?” the Captain asked incredulously. “I suppose news travels fast,” he muttered, chuckling. “It's not my personal strategy, but one of the captains suggested we have someone in the field seduce her.” He rolled his eyes, leaning his head back onto Ilias' chest. “I can honestly say I think it's stupid, because only the Gods know what she'll do to him when she finds out he's a spy.”
 
Ilias grinned, then pulled back and sat on Skyler's desk. “My, my, all this to get a good look at her?” he wondered, tapping his chin with his forefinger.
 
“They want to know what her true form is, but that'll be a tough one to crack. She next to never goes out in her true form. She was born a shape-shifter, but with that necklace she can do virtually anything. It's nigh impossible to figure out what she really looks like.” The captain laid his head upon Ilias' lap, allowing the man to stroke his hair softly. “So stressful, it is.”
 
“I can only imagine. Shall I tell Guren and the others?” asked Ilias, continuing to play with the Captain's silky hair.
 
“Ah, yes, that may be a good idea,” he replied, somewhat incoherently. “By the way, how is good old Guren doing in the human world? Not that it's hard to imagine,” he added, laughing quietly.
 
Ilias smiled pitifully, staring at the approaching night sky outside the window. “I suppose he's surviving it. But he's already sick of the girls,” he replied, snickering. “Only Feng manages to keep her emotions well hidden. But she's always been a mysterious one.” He picked the Captain's head up and gave him a feather-like kiss on the top of his head. “I should be leaving now. You'll have visitors soon.”
 
He stood up from the desk, walking back towards the open window. “Come back soon, Ilias,” the Captain called, causing the elf to turn around. “You are supposed to report to the Captain every week, you know.”
 
“Will do, dear Captain,” Ilias replied, bowing lowly before jumping out into the cool night air.
 
 
“Geez, it's only been a month and it feels like we've been training for hours on end every single day,” Candis whined, stuffing her face with the noodles that Soumei had cooked for lunch. She was sitting at the picnic table located in Soumei's backyard, along with Kai, Eryk, and Florian.
 
“I wonder why,” Eryk replied, his voice dripping with mockery. “Maybe it's because we have been training for hours on end, every singly day, for an entire month!” Candis glared at his spiteful reply.
 
“Yeah, what's up with that?” added Chi, joining the group's discussion as she sat down tiredly in a chair. “We don't even get weekends off!”
 
“Wrong,” said Soumei in a firm voice. “You get Saturdays off. Is that not enough?” The group shook their heads in unanimously, even Florian, whom admired Soumei's determination to train them to perfection. “Too bad!” he replied touchily. “Quit your whining and eat. We will continue with archery in twenty minutes.” He slammed the temple door shut, leaving the group to sit numbly.
 
“That damn grumpy old geezer,” cursed Eryk, slurping noisily at his noodles.
 
 
“Well, well, well, what have you been up to, dear friend?” Ilias asked, approaching Guren from behind. Guren was sitting in the same spot he had been meditating the day he and Kai took a trip to the café. “I see you're having fun clearing your thoughts, as usual.”
 
Guren chuckled as he shook his head, lowering his arms as he stood up. “Good to see you too, Ilias,” he replied, looking the man straight in the eye. “Have a good time with your dear Captain?”
 
“A wondrous time,” Ilias answered, rolling his eyes though his cheeks turned bright red. “I have some news for all of you. Where is everyone, anyway?” He brought his hand up to rest upon his eyebrows, shielding his eyes from the sun as he looked around the large field that surrounded Soumei's temple.
 
“'Bout damn time. It only took you near a month to get some news out of that guy! They're all in the backyard. Training, as they have been for the past month,” Guren replied. “I believe this week's lesson, or practice, is archery.”
 
“Haven't you been training as well?” inquired Ilias, starting up the stairs with Guren following beside him.
 
“Yes, but I've already mastered archery,” he answered smugly. “Soumei even told me if I felt I didn't need to relearn something, I could take my business elsewhere.” Ilias laughed at his friend's proud voice.
 
 
“Hey look, it's Ilias and Guren!” said Chi, pointing to the temple door that led into the backyard.
 
“Hello everyone,” Ilias greeted, bowing courteously. “It's nice to be able to meet with you again. Actually, I have some new information regarding Rika.”
 
“Oh, then we'd better get Soumei and Feng. I'll find them,” said Kai, her heart beat quickening as she left to find her friend and Soumei.
 
When Kai returned with the last two people following behind her, the group sat down in a circle on the grass. “I must admit, it isn't exactly news regarding Rika. The captains and King of the Ministry have decided on a new approach as to try and find out what Rika's true form is. She was born a shape-shifter, but with the Amulet, she can be almost anything she wants.”
 
“But why do we need to know the Ministry's tactics?” asked Candis. “It's not like we'd be able to help them with anything, or any time soon for that matter. We've still got 5 months of hard training ahead of us.”
 
“Yeah, why do we need to know?” Kai asked, agreeing with Candis. She leaned forward to listen attentively.
 
Feng closed her eyes and shook her head, disappointed at these two she called her friends. “So that we know what is going on, and to keep an open ear when Ilias or Captain Skyler return with more information. Is that so hard? I thought even you simpletons would understand it,” she said, still shaking her at the two girls.
 
“Hey! What is that supposed to mean, Feng?!” exclaimed Kai, balling up her fists angrily.
 
“Calm down, Kai,” said Florian, sighing desolately. “Let Ilias finish. What is the plan to get her to show us her true form?”
 
Ilias laughed a little at the girls' bickering before answering. “Simply to have one of our men seduce her. Even though the Captain and I both doubt it will work and find it completely useless, we must follow the King's orders.” He sighed, his stomach grumbling rather loudly. “Oh, excuse me. I haven't eaten for at least two days.” He smiled sheepishly.
 
“Geez, well have some food,” said Eryk, picking up a bag of potato chips and throwing it over to Ilias. “You need to fatten up anyway.” Soumei raised a brow at Eryk's reasoning, then shook his head solemnly. And these are my students! he thought.
 
“What are these?” he asked innocently, looking for a way to open the bag. Eryk snatched it back, popping it open, then handing it back to Ilias. The puzzled elf took one out and sampled it. “It's very… salty,” he criticized, licking his lips, though he seemed to like it.
 
“They're chips, you idiot,” said Guren, grinning arrogantly. “You come here more often than I do. I thought you'd know everything there is to know about this wretched world.”
 
“Well, dear friend, I only go to the rural areas of this world,” he replied, pleased with his newfound knowledge. He ate another chip and then sobered up, eyeing the group gravely. “Now, onto the more important matters. The moment you four clash with Rika, her army of evil demons and creatures and such will attack all that oppose her—even if they happen to be innocent bystanders in the wrong place at the wrong time. If this is to happen, another war will break out, and there is no doubt that she will try her hardest to bring it to the human world as well.”
 
“What? A war?” exclaimed Florian, his eyes wide. “But why would she want to bring it to the Human World? Isn't a war in the Magic World enough, even for the likes of her?”
 
“Apparently not,” replied Guren, his eyes staring hard at the ground. “The reason she wants to keep the prophecy from coming true is because in your past lives, you stopped her from taking over just the Human World. In the Magic World, there are many demons who share her wish to rule both worlds. Only the Gods know why,” he explained.
 
“That's so cruel,” cried Chi, her eyes poignant. “I never knew such evil existed in our own world…”
 
“That's because you're still young and naïve,” said Feng, laying a comforting hand on Chi's bony shoulder. “Most of us envy that. But you must learn to be mature about it and accept it… We cannot simply ask them to stop what they're doing for the better of the rest of the world. These creatures are heartless and lust only for power.” For once, the anger in Feng's eyes was completely evident.
 
Chi sniffled, nodding at Feng's shortened lecture. “In any case,” continued Ilias, preparing to stand up as he finished the bag of chips. “Please train as hard as you can. I should be back every other week or so, if there's any news I think you should know of.” He smiled genuinely, bowing his head ever so slightly. “Farewell, my friends.”
 
 
The group resumed their training once Ilias left, as it was only 3 in the afternoon. The four girls stood about ten feet away from each other, all facing four targets in front of them. They got into the correct position, taking their arrows and lining them up with the target. Soumei had advised them to concentrate their spirit energy into the arrow before attempting to hit the target as to add more damage to their enemies. Once their arrows glowed with their spirit energy, they released them, hitting the targets.
 
“Man, how am I only getting in the second zone?!” Kai complained, angrily walking over to pull the arrow out of the target. “Might as well give up now.” She glared at the arrow in her hand.
 
“You shouldn't give up just because of that,” said Florian, giving her a sympathetic smile. “Let me try.” He took position, readying his bow and arrow. He waited just a moment before letting the arrow fly free, hitting the edge of the center circle.
 
“Wow,” cried Chi. “You're really good Florian!” She smiled brightly at him for a moment, then frowned, quietly adding, “I'm still only getting in the third zone…”
 
“That's okay, kiddo,” he said, smiling as he ruffled her hair. “You'll get better sooner or later.”
 
“That is why you are here to train,” said Soumei, sitting on the stone steps that led to the door. “That will be enough for today. You will resume archery tomorrow, and you may do what you please tonight. I must speak with Captain Skyler of this new `tactic.'” He stood up slowly, cracking nearly all over, and disappeared into the temple.
 
“Hey, want to go out to dinner?” Candis asked eagerly, putting her bow and arrow back into the small shed next to the temple. “I heard there's a great Korean barbecue place down the street from that café.”
 
“Yeah, let's go!” everyone agreed ecstatically, all, of course, except Guren.
 
“Go on ahead. I'll stay here and guard the temple,” he said, turning around to step back into the temple before they tried to convince him otherwise. Unfortunately, Kai had caught him just in time.
 
“No way,” Kai insisted, grabbing onto his arm. He hissed in pain; though it was little more than a small electric shock when her skin made contact with his, he felt all of the girl's emotions rushing through his veins.
 
“I'm not going,” he repeated sternly, trying to shake her off, though she stayed persistent and kept a firm grip on his arm until he finally gave in. “Fine, just let go of me.”
 
“I knew you'd warm up to me!” she said cheerfully, sliding her hand down to his wrist and dragging him toward the rest of the group. “Hey, Guren's coming too, so we have to get a secluded booth. You know, so he doesn't get a migraine.”
 
“I said let go!” Guren tried to pull away from the girl, but she only looked at him with annoyed eyes and a pout. He grumbled and rolled his eyes, not wanting the girl to muster up more emotions than she already had. “Whatever.”
 
The group headed out towards the train station, talking amongst one other joyously, looking forward to their first break in a long time, as well as their very first “family outing” as they decided to call it.