Original Stories Fan Fiction / Other Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Darkness ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue
 
 
Madness is as bitter as it is sweet. It is a release from the reality that has driven us to this point while it is the dangerous edge that makes us the fearsome creatures that we are.
 
For the first time in my short life I can feel the stirrings of the blood rage and madness as I stare at my mother's broken body. Her blood still clings wetly to my claws and I can only stare at it. Distantly can I hear the shouts of my father's Dragon Officials and lesser nobles. None of this matters, because she is already dead. I killed her.
 
Rough hands seize me, spin me, and I am facing my father's twisted face. I allow the rage to slip away. It will do me no good. I allow numbness to settle over me just before his fist connects solidly with my jaw and sends a thunderbolt of pain through me, making me dizzy. The bone is broken. I don't need a healer to tell me that.
 
Turning my head slightly, I can just barely make out my father's hazy features as my vision. Another beating, another round of torture. This is the course of my life, the fate of the immortal half-breed Dragon Prince.