Original Stories Fan Fiction / Other Fan Fiction ❯ Fox Maiden ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

>>>>>>>>>>this is the amazing before-part!!!! Wooo hoo and stuff lets all dance and kill purple Vikings!! What the hell am I talking about???????? Nobody knows!!!!!! Now on with the story!! YAY!!
 
 
 
At a seemingly impossible speed a red fox careened through a silent neighborhood, seeking out what it needed to survive. This fox was not normal, besides being in the suburbs it was just odd. Though the fox was about twice the size of any regular male red fox, the speed at which it ran seemed too fast. Though its size would usually have you thinking it male, there was something undoubtedly female about the running figure. As she, for a she it was, sped around corners only one thought was in her mind, follow scent to blood. Now I must elaborate, this fox was not following a literal blood-scent, she was following the scent of a human, which to her means blood. Our Fox friend is obviously not human and she is not a fox leaving me with only one explanation. She is a Demon-maiden.
 
This will be a brief history on demons/vampires. Our fox is precisely a Fox-maiden also known as a Fox-demon and Fox-vampire. For now we will use demon to describe either a male or female. Demons need human blood to survive, animal blood will not suffice, there is a quality to human blood that is needed. Generally, most animals have a demon counterpart, but not all, and demon numbers are few so demons have been able to coexist with humans by using the small amount of magic they have to cover their looks when in “human form”. This form will be described later. Now, on with our story.
 
Eventually, she made it to her destination, a random drunk man (who was rather angry). This was not her normal quarry but she had gone too long without blood, and was in serious need of some. She lunged at the man, sinking her elongated canines into his calf. Her poisonous fangs worked their magic and soon the man was both asleep, and in no pain. After she had drunk her fill she used the necessary amount of magic to keep the man alive. She sat down, head bent as she concentrated on what she wished for her magic to do. As she did this, a pendant on a chain around her neck began to glow. The pendant was the shape of a fox, head and tail held high, with a circle around it of metal. About twice as big as a silver dollar, it was made out of white gold and had a tiny honey-colored jewel set into the eye. Our vixen friend's eye is the same color as this jewel.
 
The glow around the pendant gets brighter, and a tiny trail of this white light trickles into the drunken mans wound and it heals. The spell does not only heal the wound but also causes his blood cell reproduction to double in speed, this will last only three days. Within a week the man would be back to normal. Her work done, and her thirst satiated, the vixen heads home. On her way she manages to catch a squirrel for breakfast as the sun has begun rising. By the time she sees her home the sun has already fully risen and she knows she's late. She scrambles under the four-foot wooden fence surrounding her property. She gets through the wall of pine trees hiding their house from unwanted eyes, trots up the porch stairs and through the doggy door.
 
Inside the house is a little larger than average, with a ground floor, second story and basement. The upstairs has four large rooms and a bathroom, while the ground floor is comprised of a spacious living room, a large dining room and a kitchen. In the hallway between the three rooms is the bathroom. The living room has a large fireplace but its not lit. A tall woman with long black hair and darker honey eyes walks in. To each side of her head, above where human ears normally are she has a pair of large, black ears and behind her a black fox tail with a white tip swishes. The woman has a nice figure and is wearing pajamas.
 
“Where have you been? I was worried sick!” she exclaims, in a soft-as-velvet-but-I'm-still-angry voice, “ What kept you so long? Were you just being lazy or what?” The vixen gave a quick flick of her tail and ran up to her room, there she sat on the floor and concentrated, though this time her pendant didn't glow. Slowly she changed, it was as though water rippled around her and she morphed. Bones could be heard cracking and re shaping, but she felt no pain. Eventually instead of a fox, a tall sixteen-year-old girl stood, eyes the same golden honey color, her hair the same fiery red as her coat. Her ears were positioned in the same place as the other woman's as was her tail-both still fiery red, the tail having a white tip. Her figure was also generous, a little more so than the other woman, she stretched then opened the closet in her room, for it is her room. She quickly found an oversized t-shirt and put it on, form changing doesn't allow you to have clothes so she had been naked. The girl ran downstairs.
AS the girl appeared the woman rolled her eyes and said
 
“Honestly is there anything I haven't seen yet? Really must you go upstairs to change? It seems rather….” She trailed off then for a moment lost in thought. “So then, where have you been?” the black-haired woman asked.
 
“Mom, I was hunting you know that. I was looking for something, delicious and I waited too long to find it. I ended up attacking some drunken thirty-year-old man.” She answered.
 
“I've told you time and time again Serene, never wait too long for something delicious! You missed two, eh, make that three days of school! Not to mention I could only imagine the most horrible situations when you didn't come home by the appointed time.” Other questions ensued, mostly about the hunt though her mother did ask if she'd had breakfast too which she replied something along the lines of “a stringy, hairy, squirrel.” Eventually she was done with questions and Serene was allowed to go sleep for the rest of the day.
 
Once she was in her room, Serene took off her clothes and laid down nude, as was normal for her. She covered up with a thin blanket and sighed.
 
It's nice to just get to sleep. No illusions to keep up, I can just sleep and not worry. Every time I got outside of the house I have to constantly use magic to hide my tail and ears. It wears me out. It's nice…….just to……...sleep.
 
And with that, she slept.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Authors Note: WOOHOO!!!! I am done now review and stuff. If you like stupidity and I mean this on a HIGH level. Most of which is not really funny just really stupid and random check out my other story thing!!!!!!! So yeah this is my first story yay!!!! NOT counting that other STUPID random thing. Okay then I=done now.
 
 
CARBON DIOXIDE IN MY EYE!!! GET IT OUT!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!