Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ A Different Life - New School ❯ Leaving ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A Different Life: New School


Chapter One
Leaving


Rebecca woke up screaming. That dream was horrible! She never wanted to have that dream again!
Just then Rebecca heard footsteps getting closer to her bedroom door. Her door burst open and her father stepped in.

“Rebecca, they’ve come for you! We have to get you out of here now!” her father shouted.

“Are you sure it’s them?” Rebecca wondered, extremely alarmed. Her father nodded and Rebecca shot out of bed. This was their last resort!
That one school was their only choice… no one, not even them, knew where it was.
All they knew was, it was safe and Rebecca would be able to learn self defense there.

‘Them’

They were closing in on the house and then she would be in their grasp.

“Are you sure this is the right place?” a woman asked.

“Yes, I’m sure.” The man driving replied. They kept driving to the young girl’s house, their objective: kidnap Rebecca Bailey.

Rebecca and Family

Rebecca was nearly done packing, she just wished she had time to say goodbye to Kirk at the very least.
But there just wasn’t enough time. This would be the third time she had to move away, and all because of two people.

‘Why did this have to happen to me? Why did I have to be in that one place at that exact time?’ Rebecca reflected ‘And what’s worse, I have to leave the man I love.’
Yes it was true; Rebecca was in love with Kirk. And she hated having to leave him behind.
She didn’t want to, but at least every time she looked up at the stars; she would see his face and remember him.

‘I’ve got to let him know I’m ok. He’ll be so worried.’ Rebecca considered.
She would write him a poem along with a short letter and mail it to him when she got to her new school.

“Rebecca! We have to get moving! Come on! They could get here any minute!” her mother yelled from downstairs.

“Ok mom!” Rebecca yelled back. She ran down the stairs, to duffle bags in tow and ran to the garage door.
She opened the door and standing there in her way; were none other than those two people.

“Well, well, well it looks like we found you Rebecca.” The man said.

“Why do you keep coming after me, Darien?” Rebecca wondered, frightened.
Darien chuckled, “Because you saw us commit the most brutal crime there is and now, you must be eliminated.” He replied.
Darien saw the fright and anger in Rebecca’s eyes. And to tell the truth, it turned him on. This would be fun.
The woman just stood there watching the exchange of words. You’d think Rebecca would have enough sense to try and run away.
But oh well, she just wanted to know when this would end.

“Oh come on! Can’t we get on with this?” she asked angrily.

“Yes, calm down Tracy.” Darien said.
Rebecca’s father pulled her into his arms and threw her behind him, “Run!” Was his last word as a gunshot was heard.

“DADDY!” Rebecca screamed as her mother pulled her to the front door.

“There’s nothing you could’ve done Becca, just promise me you’ll run. Run and never come back, go to school. Don’t leave and don’t trust anyone. Promise me!” her mother said hurriedly.
She kissed her forehead and ran back into the kitchen. Only the distant sounds of gunshots were heard as Rebecca ran away from her home; tears streaming down her face as she ran.

2 Hours Later

Rebecca was finally at her destination, the Rock River Bridge.
‘I made it and it doesn’t seem like they’re following me.’ Rebecca pondered breathlessly.
Now all she had to do was get to her new school without Darien and Tracy chasing her.
Rebecca carefully maneuvered her way down the steep hillside of the bridge.
Once she was under the bridge, she saw a pure gold carriage awaiting her. She stepped up to it and got in. This carriage would take her to her new school.

“To Novus Vita Medius.” Rebecca said.

----/&\----

A/N: Hey guys! I hope you enjoy this story! Please R&R and tell me what you think!

Dictionary-
Novus vita medius – new life middle