Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ A Hero's Destiny ❯ Rainy Day ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1: Rainy Day
 
 
I lay on my bed, thinking about the violence and crimes of this wasteland we call Electro City. I thought about the lessons of my teacher and his lectures.
I lazily got the remote and turned on the TV.
“It looks like there is some trouble happening currently in the Electro City Bank. Some robbers in masks have hostages inside and the police can't seem to find a way to get the hostages out safely,” the reporter stated.
Sounds like trouble, I thought and flipped a picture frame hanging on a wall. I pushed the button underneath it. Then all my gadgets appeared.
I quickly got my blue mask and blue my costume. My mask only covered my eyes. I got my Thunderang, a boomerang made especially for me. I also got my hanging gloves. The gloves had a blade attached to a rope inside the gloves. The gloves helped me swing through rooftops. I also got my smoke grenade and a danger indicator.
I put on my boots and cape and stormed out of the house.
 
 
 
The police were encircling the whole bank. I arrived at an alley near the bank.
I made sure no one could see me. I came to my senses and threw a smoke grenade in front of the bank entrance.
Satisfied, I quickly ran inside the bank, spotting five masked robbers. One started to fire his gun at me.
I dodged every bullet, as if they traveled at a snail's pace. Three guys charged at me. I hit one with my elbow and kicked the second one. The third was stopped as I disappeared and reappeared in his back. I swiftly handcuffed him with a Thunder handcuff, made of the hardest element on the universe.
“Ah, you're good. Who do you work for?” asked the handcuffed robber.
“I work alone,” I answered darkly. I proceeded to handcuff the two unconscious robbers.
“C'mon let's go.” I ordered the hostages.
I opened the entrance and the usual sound of a police siren roared. Some of the crowd cheered.
“Who are you?” an officer asked.
“Just call me nighthunder.” I said and shot my hanging gloves.
 
 
 
“So you finally understand what you must do, eh?” my grandfather asked as I took off my mask and set my cape on the enormous table.
“Whatever,” I said and went to my room.
I turned on the TV and saw a video of me in the bank swinging out. I sighed and thought, I can't save the whole city alone.
“In other news, there has been a pair of kidnappings happening in the last four days. There have been six victims so far.” the reporter announced.
I sighed and thought about my parents.
My parents had been rich people. My dad was the president of a rich company and my mother was a respected leader in some kind of a government-related group.
They had been kidnapped and their bodies were later found near a lake a week later.
The thought made me seek revenge. But my grandfather always told me to stay calm no matter what. That was why I became a hero. I wanted to save people. I wanted to protect the whole city.
I walked out of my room and told my grandpa, “I'm going for a walk.”
“In a rainy day?” he asked, puzzled by my statement.
I hadn't noticed that it was raining outside. I sighed. “Yes on a rainy day.”
“Very well,” he replied and walked out of the living room.
I got all my costume and gadgets and put it on my backpack in case of an emergency. I got on my car and blasted off.
I really didn't know where I was going. I decided to stop by Jenkins' Cuisine since I hadn't eaten breakfast.
I arrived at the elegant restaurant and parked my car.
“Nice ride.” a guy commented as he passed by.
“Thanks. You should see my other one.” I replied and went in the restaurant.