Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ A Hero's Destiny ❯ Druglords ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2: Druglords
 
 
I sat on the edge of an old building, rain pouring down on my blue costume. Thunder roared.
Just then, I saw a woman being pushed into an alley by two thugs. I decided to help.
I shot my hanging gloves and swung into the alley.
“Ahh! Help me please!” the woman pleaded.
I narrowed my eyes and pulled out two thin, thunder-shaped strings. I tossed them to the thugs. The strings immediately swung on tightened the bodies of the two thugs.
“Thank you,” the woman commented.
“Your welcome,” I replied darkly, trying to shield my face. Just then, I heard a spraying sound and I felt my eyes getting heavy.
 
 
 
“Where am I?” I asked myself as I felt my arms being strapped to something.
“Why, you are being held out in prison. Hero,” a familiar voice replied.
I opened my eyes and saw the woman earlier. So it was a damn setup to fool me, I thought.
I looked at my arms and saw that my arms were tied up in chains.
“What do you want?” I asked darkly.
“We want you to stay out of our way!” bellowed a bald man at the woman's side. He looked familiar. And then I realized he was the “thug”.
“Ah-uh- why?” I asked again, struggling to get out.
“That is none of your business,” answered the woman.
“Sir, it looks like the `boss' is here,” reported a short blonde boy, coming out of nowhere.
“I'll deal with you later.” Mr. Baldy sneered.
Then the bald guy, the woman, and the short boy left.
At least they haven't taken off my mask, I realized. My mask was still glued to my eyes, which meant they didn't know who I was.
I struggled to get out of the chains. How was I going to find a way to escape now?
And then I realized that I knew martial arts.
I had paid every master of martial arts to teach me all that he knew. I paid them. With my parents' wealth.
I finally managed to stand up. I then jumped and did a backflip. The chains successfully broke.
I pasted a GPS dot at one of the boxes. I swiftly dashed out.
 
 
 
“Damn it,” I sighed as I set my blue costume and gear on the closet.
“Where's Robert?” I asked my grandpa as he came in. Robert was my butler.
“He's fixing dinner. At ten o'clock,” my grandpa replied.
I realized I was really late.
I looked at my tracker. The GPS dot was moving to the next city, Rockville.
I'm beat, I thought and slumped down on the couch.
I stared at the window. I gasped as I saw a sign on the clouds. It was a thunder-shaped symbol. I guess they had seen the insignia on my costume. Crap.
Not again, I said to myself and got my clothes and gear ready.
 
 
 
Smoke covered the scene. I coughed out. Nobody was here except for me.
Silence filled the air. Where the hell was everyone?
I had arrived at the scene like this. Silence. I sensed that something had been stolen. Something valuable.
The smoke suddenly wiped out and I could see the whole scene. There was a museum that had broken windows on it.
I rushed into the museum. It sure was dark.
“How may I be of service?” asked a dark voice.
“Huh? Who are you? How'd you get in here? Where are you?” I blurted out, spinning around.
“They call me The Dark Guard. To answer you second question, I am a guard of this museum. And your last statement, I am everywhere, I am in the dark. I am in your mind,” answered the voice.
“If you're the guard of this museum, how come somebody got to break in?” I questioned.
“Because I was not here. And I am a fearless guard.” I need your help,” the voice said. “Nighthunder.”
I smirked and asked, “What do you want?”
 
 
 
“It seems that some person interested in drugs has gotten an important necklace from the museum.” the Dark Guard said.
We were in my secret lair, just the enormous basement of my house. Except that it had all kinds of futuristic things in it.
“What the hell does a necklace have to do with drugs?” I asked curiously.
“Everything,” came the answer. “The necklace that was stolen was a priceless jewelry worn by Nathan Jells.”
“You mean the Nathan Jells that took over Electro city about thirty years ago?” I asked, knowing about Nathan Jells. He was a powerful druglord that had almost destroyed Electro City himself.
“Yes. That necklace helped him rise to power. It had supernatural powers in it. And it has been proved too many times already.” he said.
“Do you have any clue about who took the necklace or about where it is?” I asked him.
“I told you I was not on the scene.”
“Where the hell were the cops anyway?” I questioned curiously.
“They left before you came. It seems they were in a hurry to solve the problem,” he explained.
“Oh,” I then told him, “I might need a whole day to try to figure out this weird puzzle.”
“Yes,” he then left.