Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ A New Beginning ❯ Part One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

There are three things that you have to realize about the human race: 1. There stuck in a hole, 2.There is absolutely no hope for them to ever even think up a way to dig themselves out of said hole, and 3. It is our job, as angels to help said human race acquire more brains than they have at this point in time.
 
...
 
And they have the same amount of brains as a squirrel.
~
 
"YOUR AN IDIOT!!! WHY IN HELLS NAME WOULD YOU DO THAT!? DO YOU HAVE A REASON? NO I DON'T SUPPOSE YOU DO!!!" Score Kattarie, angel #404 yelled out in frustration as her charge charged bravely, or in some peoples point of view, stupidly, into the middle of the battle.
 
"Whoa, whats going on here?" Muidabur Snow, angel #302 questioned with a yawn, stretching as she walked towards her friend.
 
"The idiots going to die!!! And we all know what happens if this one dies!" Score sat seething on the edge of the mirror on which her charge was scene running heroically into the midst of several thousand demons. Muidabur blinked and leaned over Score's shoulder.
 
"He has no weapon. Why doesn't he have any weapons? Whats the point of running like an idiot and exhausting all that energy if all your going to do is die? I mean...he has no weapon." Score rested an elbow on her knee and tapped her chin with a finger as her red eyes gazed down upon the small
running figure of her charge.
 
"He's gonna die."
 
"Thank you captain obvious"
 
"yea...anytime."
 
Turning around and stretching her arms above her head, the white haired teen began to walk towards the kitchen, seeking her morning cup of tea. Score glanced over at her friend before sighing and rubbing the back of her head.
 
"I guess it's time for me to go down there..."
 
"Well I would guess...He's gonna end up killing himself if you don't." Another scene of rolling the eyes and Score stood up from her cross-legged position.
 
"Alright. If I'm not back in a coupla minutes see where I am." Mu nodded, even though the older angel couldn't see her as she took a sip of her drink and flipped the page in her book. Score walked into her room, a room covered in pictures of Dragon's and Namco's video game releases. Shoving threw the garbage on the floor, the red haired angel pushed the door to her closet open and riffed threw the racks of different clothing. Picking out a tight fitting black v-neck and a pair of low rise jeans, she got changed. Tightening her sword's sheath around her waist, the red head slipped on a pair of
thigh high red combat boots to finish the outfit.
 
"Bye."
 
"Sure."
 
Sighing one last time, Score grabbed her sword and slipped it into the sheath. Taking a deck of cards off her dresser, she held it out and picked the top card off the pile and held it up. "Eight a clubs. Take me there." In a flash, to Score's disgust, pink light, the angel was gone.
 
"Don't forget to take your lunch too..."
 
~
 
"And that's how it happened. She needed to go down to see that her charge didn't do anything stupid." Muidabur (Mu) Snow sat on a large stool behind her counter in the kitchen, a cup of steaming tea cradled in her hands. A man that looked the age of 29 stood in front of her, long blue hair hung to his waist, purple eyes and pink stripes completed the man's look.
 
"And you haven't seen or heard from her since."
 
"Nope. But I highly doubt that she is in as much trouble as you seem to assume she's in. I would guess she's still watching her dude's back's all." Mu didn't show the worry she felt. Bryce McArter was Score's betrothed, and if she were to show how worried she really was, he would go on a rampage,
razing any and all beings that stood in his way till he found Score. And that was something that Mu wasn't willing to let happen, even though it would be highly entertaining. Glancing towards her scrying mirror, Mu sighed quietly and took a drink of her tea.
 
"You will go down to Earth and find her. You will bring her back alive and unharmed." Bryce's eyes widened slightly as Muidabur's wings emerged from her back. They were six feet in length and three feet in width, made of soft feathers of a dark royal purple, they were seen as larger than average and quite a set to behold. The angel set down her cup and looked at the blue haired demigod thoughtfully.
 
"Maybe you should have talked to her once before she left. I'm sure you are quite...angry at your stupidness." Bryce's eyes hardened and he took a step back from the counter.
 
"You forget your place." The teen smirked and closed her eyes.
 
"And you forget who you need to protect. She may be an angel but that doesn't mean she doesn't need your help, nor does it mean she doesn't want it." When she opened her eyes again Bryce was walking towards the door to the angel's house.
 
"Leave" Smirking, Mu finished her tea before pushing away from the counter and taking a step towards the door as if she were to fallow Bryce. Just as her foot fell she disappeared.
 
~
 
"You don't know where you aaare. You've been gone for three days and you don't know where you are. How sad are you? So sad I say that no one wants to save you. Aw, such a pity. I was hoping your boyfriend would come and I could steal his heart. How disappointing." Score glared at her captor from her restrained position on the wall. Hands caught by copper hand cuffs and feet held in copper wire, she was helpless to do anything. The man in front of her laughed in sanely and the red head came to the conclusion that he was some kind of gay psycho nut.1
 
"And then we would ride off into the sun set on his precious little dragon horse! Oh it would be fantabulous!!" And he needed a life. He wore a tight black mini skirt with a matching off the shoulder shirt with the words 'Devious' printed on in sparkling pink letters. Hot pink knee high boots and a white bandanna finished the hideously girlish ensemble. He twirled around the dark cell like room and hummed the theme song of 'The Lord Of The Rings'. Score's head fell against her chest as the anesthetic the man had injected into her minutes earlier began to work.
 
"You thought that you would actually save that man. How sad. How sad for you! And now the little angel is stuck here with me. All alone with me! With me! Isn't it wonderful little angel??" She clenched her eyes shut and glared down at the floor, a good four feet below her.
 
"Awe, is the angel crying? How sad that a creature so beautiful as you would cry! But how great for me! How wonderfully, beautiful for me! Because you cry tears of MAGIC!" Score felt the tears run down her cheeks and meet at the end of her chin before dropping into the gold chalice that the man
held.
 
"Magnificent!"
 
~
There were two ways to reach the the Second Level. One way is to get rejected from heaven and end up back down on earth, and another is to "fly". When an angel of any kind "flies" they each have a different way of "Flying". Score had her cards, Muidabur had her wings and several others used different methods to make it to wherever they were trying to go. Now with Score's cards, it's extremely difficult to control the power inside of them, and if your not completely focused on the task of transferring your body to somewhere else and picturing that somewhere else in your mind, your more than likely going to end up in the place opposite to where you wanted to go. And when Score used her cards three days ago, she wasn't that focused on her task. Now normally this wouldn't lead to any trouble at all because before any damage could be done, Score's demon blood would fuse with her cards and automatically realign her to her destination in a mere minute and without even knowing she was in danger, Score would end up where she wanted to be. But evidently something had gone wrong.
 
And that's what worried Mu.
~
 
Taking a deep breath, Storm's jade green eyes took in the math test that lay on his desk and quietly began to work. The test wasn't hard, or not for him anyway, but he couldn't shake the feeling that he was being watched. It was on going as of several months ago. And only three days prior to today, it had vanished, then started up again during lunch period. The red head blinked as a ball of paper dropped neatly on his math test. Turning around, the human boy glanced around the room, seeing nothing and no one behind him, considering he was in the back row, his eyes narrowed.
 
"Is there a problem Mr. Brennen? Or would you prefer that I take your test away?" The voice of his male teacher, Mr. Lazymyass pulled Storm from his musings and back to the school room he was currently sitting in.
 
"No sir, there's nothing wrong. I was simply stretching the kink out of my neck is all." The teacher 'harrumphed' and went back to doing what all teachers do during tests, nothing. Storm once again found himself looking behind him moments later when another small ball of paper fell onto his desk, bounced once, and landed on the floor to the right of him. Again all he was met with was the blue wall that made up all four sides of the classroom
when he turned to look.
 
"Mr. Brennen! Would you please direct your attention back to your test!" The annoying voice of his teacher once again caught his full attention. Only this time when he went to apologize, he was met with the view of a female. Definitely not his previous teacher.
 
"You seem to be having some troubles Mr. Lazymyass, why don't you go and stand outside for the time being and see if you can sort them out hmm?" Storm's face began to redden as he pushed away from his desk and made his way to the door leading to the hallway. The class was absolutely silent. Once outside, the red head leaned against a row of lockers and crossed his arms. The teacher had changed genders in the classroom. The wall was throwing marble sized paper balls onto his desk, and he had gotten himself kicked out of the class. Not making any sense.
 
"Your about as dense as gold. Now I see why Score was so pissed when she got you as her assignment." The 'Teacher' Had stepped out of the classroom and was quietly shutting the door when Storm heard her voice.
 
"Who are you? As to what you are talking about..."
 
"Why don't you leave the questions for later Mr. Brennen. Because as far as I am concerned, you are simply in my way. And if you answer my questions, I will be out of your hair faster than you can say Winnebago. Alright?" Storm's eye's hardened and he pushed away from the wall with a different air
around him. The woman frowned and then sighed. Holding her pointer and middle finger out towards the blond teen, she grinned as a card flew between her two out stretched fingers. The queen of cups, Storm realized was now pointed towards him. As it turns out, that wasn't her intent. As soon as the
card had appeared, it began to transform the woman until a short teen stood before him.
 
"I don't mean to impose on you Storm, but as of right this moment, you are of great value to me. Though normally I would have nothing to do with you, as I have a boyfriend, your angel is missing. And you are the key to finding her." Muidabur gave a half grin and shrugged as if saying "What can you do?"
 
~
 
Bryce had barely sat down when the door to his office burst open and a small green rodent scrambled in waving a piece of paper over his head. Bryce!! There is news about Score! News!!" As the dwarfed angel yelled the name of his fiance he was out of his desk and snatching the paper from the flailing arms of the awkwardly short angel, though angel is the last word some would use to describe the little thing that had held the paper.
 
"When did this come in, JR?" JR shrunk away from the anger in the demigods voice and began to stutter.
 
"W..well I'd say it...it came so-some time ye-yesterday...your lord."
 
"YESTERDAY?" The white gob was now backing towards the door of the office, upon hitting the wall, he began to feel for the handle that would allow him to escape the wrath of a very angry and extremely possessive angel.
 
"Why was this not delivered to me sooner!?" JR flinched and bowed till his forehead touched the floor.
 
"Y-you s-s-see Master...I wa..."
 
"Enough, leave." And the blob was all to happy to oblige. The Lord had taken on an almost un-natural calm, and was staring at the addressed letter. Sitting, he began to open it when he thought better and laid it to the side.
 
"Knowing something isn't always the bets choice." He would let the rat deal with it. And if she didn't bring back Score he would simply kill everything that wasn't her till he found his fiance. Simple really. Purple eyes glowed crimson.
 
 
~
 
"You don't seem to understand the predicament you and your angel are in, Storm." Muidabur was now sitting cross legged on air, her eyes holding a dull light to
them.
 
"On the contrary I do. But I have a hard time believing you. After all, what facts have you given me that you are who you say you are? None that I can see."
 
"Oh Storm. You are an idiot. I see there isn't much of a chance that your going to help me, so I'm going to leave. If you do, decide that helping me is for the best, then give me a call." She held out her hand while flicking her wrist and another card appeared, this one was a light lavender with one
number on it.
 
"302?"
 
"My number. I want to hear from you soon if you do change your mind else I am afraid I might not be able to take your call if your too late." She sat up and brushed off non-existing dust from her outfit.
 
"Mr. Brennen!! This is the final time I warn you, keep your eyes on your paper!" Storm's eyes focused on the figure of his teacher, his normal math teacher.
 
"Excuse me, Mr. Lazymyass. May I be excused?"
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
 
[1] And I have absolutely nothing against anyone that is gay, I have two gay friends myself. But if I saw a dude dressed up like that one the first thing that I would think is that he's gay. So sorry if this disturbs or annoys or offends anyone. My condolences. Please see the complaint desk to your left.
 
Riediki: BADUMP!!
 
Kuro: say wut?
 
Riediki: yes in fact there are spelling errors and yes indeededo there are many mistakes
 
Kuro: then why'd you put it...
 
Riediki: Nuh uh! no speaky from YOU!