Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ A new wind ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Chapter 1 Part ONE
"Do not touch me"
Sashe could not control her temper any longer. Her skin was on fire. She could not believe how selfish he was when it came to her. That may seem backwards but backwards was the word for her father; was she suppose to stay locked up and stare at the wall all day? Here was the day she had been waiting on her whole life, her 18th birthday, the beginning of her life.
"This is the beginning of your life Sashe...."
No, not this!, The Calm Tone, ever since she was a child , he could calm me by making sense of the senseless without explanation, with just a reassuring coo and a hand on her shoulder. No I will not let him take this. Not my freedom , he has an entire kingdom why does he have to rule me? Control me? Touch me!
" No you will not make sense of this...this...this Nonsense."
She stumbled back to avoid his hand , she would not allow him to calm her ,to suck the anger from her . She hated that he could calm her so easily. She wanted to win this battle. He was not going to control her any longer.
"Sashe!"
She had fallen over Kela her fathers dumb dog, she swore she worked with her father toward her demise.
"Sashe all I want is to love and protect you"
There he had done it. His hand laid on her shoulder as she sat helpless on the floor.
Helplessness that's what he sees in me, and I haven't done a great job of proving him any different ,she thought as she looked up to meet his gaze. His poor helpless, clumsy daughter.
--------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------

Why was she so stubborn? Sashe never made his job any easier. He knew she would hate the new changes but he never thought she would have defied her father. Well this was Sashe, she could be outspoken but the stubbornness outweighed all. Yet she would never step over the boundaries with her father. He was the only person let alone man that had any type of control over her. God how was the king going to get rid of a warrior/clumsy daughter. She had run every courter away with her contest of strength. Her younger sister had a better chance of marrying to bring a king to rule after her father than Sashe Yet Sashe was the first born,and may the gods help us she would be Queen.
" Sire I have some bad news"
Dunn thought he should get it out as soon as he entered without hesitation
"Look father Dunn has gray hair from your baby sitting missions. Surely you believe he needs a break, being that I am a grown woman"
Sashe was picking herself up off of Kela. Her skin was bright red yet her voice was calm enough to know who was in control of this particular dispute.
"Only one day grown compared to your fathers many"
Dunn said, as he turned from closing the door he was caught by Sashes stare. Dunn averted his eyes toward Sashes father to hide his discomfort. He knew she hated when he took her fathers side and he would hear about this later but for now he would use this to keep the attention on her . Thank God she was here, he surely thought she had swooped on him and he would be burned alive for leaving her out of his site.
"You know, her mother could blow you across the room with one of those looks, Sashes is not far behind huh Dunn? Now what’s this of bad news?"
Damn what could he say ? He sure wasn't going to say he was just looking for Sashe because he couldn't find her again. He had to think of something.
" Sire, Sashes sword class awaits her instruction, and are beginning to practice alone and unfortunately I have to ask for Sashes presence, which I am sure is bad news since I know she came to have a private talk with her father which she doesn't get to do as much since she has began her hectic schedule ."
Dunn thought that was pretty good for an off the head response and relaxed.
"Im gone Father"
Sashe said as she drew her sword from the wall above the fire place. and disappeared into the hall not bothering to shut the door in her leave.
"I wish the one thing we cannot protect her from would come"
The king had crossed the room to sit by the fire place. His eyes wondered as he spoke. He knew that Sashe already had a love "The Sword". He'd never forget the day. Sashe was eight, her beauty already inset, even under her ceremonial robes. She was kneeled between her sister and the sword of mist. She pledged against being a ordinary girl, against showing her weaknesses to any man who was not her king, who she did not love. After which she grabbed the sword, which had been her mothers only days before, and she swore on "Her fathers name"
No event in his life had touched his heart more than her pledge to be Queen. He never asked her how she had learned the pledge for then she would know he was spying on her and her sister when he should have been resting. Iyu pledged on the same day to protect him till her dying day. This had almost bought him to tears being that Neya his Late wife had taken this pledge on their wedding day and on her death bed she said that she would never leave me because her love for me had been passed on. Not one day has gone by that I do not see Neyas beauty in Sashe and Iyu and each day my love for her though she's gone grows stronger.
Dunn noticed the king daydreaming and decided to excuse himself besides he wanted to catch up with Sashe and give her a piece of his mind.
-------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------