Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ A Tale ❯ Discovery ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer:
Actually, this isn't mine. It was written by a friend of mine who is like a little brother. I'm posting it to see the reactions of people to his work.
 
 
 
Chapter Two --- Discovery
Benjamin wakes to see a distressed looking girl in red, with bleach blonde hair. He blinks a couple of times and she was gone, he gets up and goes to Becky.
“ Becky,” Benjamin whispered, “ Becky.” “ Wa what,” she said sleepily, “ what do you want, it's two-o-clock in the morning.” “ go with me to the ice machine, it's dark and I've got a headache,” he whispered. “ O. K. just give me a few to get decent,” she muttered.
They left the room and went to the ice machine. They started to walk away when Benjamin tripped over his feet, and spilled ice all over an extention cord. This caused a spark, which started a fire.
“ AAA,” Benjamin shouted jumping back from the blaze. “ This is not good,” shouted Becky, surprisingly agitating the fire, making it spread farther up the wall. “ Whoa did you see that, Benjamin yelled.”
Yes she did see it, and out of impulse touches the nearest chunk of fire.
“ Benjamin,” she said, “ it doesn't hurt. “ What if,” she started, but she didn't have to say a word, her actions said everything.
She moved her hand directly over the fire, and then had a look of the deepest concentration on her face. Then suddenly the fire went out. She turned to the main blaze, walked in, and in a matter of seconds the fire was out. Benjamin watched in awww as she went around putting out smaller fires.
“ What just happened,” Benjamin barley said. “ No clue,” she said as if she was swatting flies.
There was a tiny demonic looking mouse running down the hall, they took no notice to it.
“ Do you think it was,” but before he could finish, Will, Jordan, Mr. cat, and several hotel employees came rushing in. “ What just happened,” they all said at ounce, which sounded more like wajaped then what was ment. “ There was a small fire,” Becky said looking to Benjamin for help. “ Small,” one of the hotel people said questioningly. “ small as in, easy to put out, we managed to put it out soon after it started,” he said convincingly.
However Jordan and Will Knew that they were lying and were looking at Becky and Benjamin suspiciously. Benjamin and Becky gave them a the walls can see, hear, and lots of other things, which ment that they would talk about it later. Unfortunatly, they didn't get a chance to talk, they were all sent straight to bed without another word. They got up the next, day and drove again. They ended up in Butte Montana (...............) just giving you a second to stop making cheesy jokes that are funny to you, but no one else (ok), at the Holiday Inn though it wasn't much of a holiday.
“ todays drive seemed a lot shorter.” said Becky as they pulled into a parking spot at the Holiday Inn. “ Yeah, thats because we bought you the latest Fruits Basket,” said Jordan louder than he needed to. “ oh, shut it, at least I didn't complain the whole way here,” she said with a hint of annoyance in her voice. “ Shut it both of you,” shouted Will and Benjamin at the same time. “ Jinx, gotcha,” they said laughing, not realizing Mr. cat was trying to usher them inside.
Jordan looked to the woods in front of the building, and thought he saw a wolf, but in a second it was gone. Then he walked inside with the others with a chilled feeling. The door eriely closes behind them. There was silence all around them not to mention a thick layer of dust.
“ Your room is down the hall,” said a bellboy appearing out of nowhere. “ You can pay in the morning,” he said. “ Well, um, have a nice night,' Mr. Cat said and they hurried down th hall. “ That guy was creepy,” Benjamin said as they got to their room. “ This whole place is creepy,” Becky said with a shiver. “ Well I'm sorry to say that if this places beds are as old as the mildew in the sink, then we are in for a rough night,” Mr. Cat said with a discusted look on his face. “ Well lets hope not,” Jordan said sounding grumpy.
A loud snore startled them, only to find will already asleep. They chuckled, bid each other goodnight, and were all asleep in no time.