Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Angelic Touch ❯ A Wing Left Untouched ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I own all characters. I do not own the names of Archangels Gabriel and Micheal.
 
Italic: Thoughts
Bold: What was in the book.
 
Chapter One: A Wing Left Untouched
 
The boy sighed lightly as he gazed at the book. His fingers brushed across the lightly glazed tan hardbound cover of the book. In clear, clean detail was printed Life's Journey on the side and the cover, encased within what appeared to be a wood-land path. Just below the title, in neat cursive, although it was easy to tell it was not handwritten, rather it had been done by a computer, was the name Gabriel. He closed his eyes, picturing all of the details of the cover in his head as he brushed his fingers over the hardback cover once again.
It was one of the man's better books, or so the boy thought. He was a small boy, had a very small frame as well, and if not looked at closely enough, one would think he was a `she.' He had heard it so many times, even from his own father when he was born. He sighed, hearing feet coming up the steps. He knew it was his mother or a maid, his father was never around now. He worked too much; he was a writer, and a very good one at that. He sighed, if only…if only he were able to see his father just a little more. He was always at the cabin by the lake, always in the trees listening to the creek and watching the stars dance across the midnight sky. It was always this or always that.
Oh well. He thought, he had been used to not seeing his father by now. He reopened his eyes and yawned lightly. “I guess it's time to get started.” He whispered softly. He jumped at the sound of a knock at the door. “Alexi, come down for dinner please.” The maid's soft voice called from the door. “I'm coming.” The boy replied as he disappeared from the room, the book left unattended on the bed.
The book suddenly flipped open, landing on the prologue. There in the beginning was a picture of a young boy, with brown hair that trailed down to the middle of his back, and pale gray eyes resembling wings of the fallen angels.
Hello my friend let me tell a story to you. This is the story of a young boy with an amazing dream and an even more amazing experience. This boy once wanted to draw, but his thoughts changed more towards writing and thus that is what he does. It wasn't always like that; however, he earned encouragement from friends, but never family. This is the story of my life, a young boy with an angelic touch, traveling through life's journey.